What Does BX Think About Kendric's "Auntie Diaries"

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '16        #1
2997 page views
185 comments

Forza Nocta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 50327 50 K  Slaps total: 11682 11 K
What Does BX Think About Kendrick's "Auntie Diaries"

Song is about him coming to terms with his own hypocrisy and homophobia/transphobia. I suspect a lot of posters (given how phobic this site is towards anything LGBT and how this site uses Kendrick as a stick to beat Drake with) will have to go through a lot of cognitive dissonance when they gather their thoughts and feelings about this song.

If you wouldn't let a white person say the n word why do you as a straight person use the f word so freely?

Now before you respond with the usual homophobic responses that @MrDarkCloud has heard his entire life think for a second... are you the biggest hypocrite of 2022?

Last edited by Forza Nocta; 05-13-2022 at 04:50 PM..

best
worst
185 comments

2 weeks ago '08        #2
hollaballooza 
Props total: 7650 7 K  Slaps total: 2076 2 K
Reminds me of common's Between Me, You and Liberation's third verse.

2 weeks ago '13        #3
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 140093 140 K  Slaps total: 55925 55 K
My aunty is a man now

fag**t f*g**t f*g**t

+16   

2 weeks ago '18        #4
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 123570 123 K  Slaps total: 13709 13 K
Nice song. f*g**t definitely don’t equal white people saying n*gga though. He could kick rocks on that.

Last edited by S-Class; 05-13-2022 at 04:44 PM..
+44   

2 weeks ago '20        #5
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 33919 33 K  Slaps total: 8522 8 K
 hollaballooza said
Reminds me of common's Between Me, You and Liberation's third verse.
Oh sh*t. You listen to common?

He's one of my favorite rappers. Look at you listening to all the Black people.

I'm impressed

2 weeks ago '20        #6
 Forza Nocta said

Song is about him coming to terms with his own hypocrisy and homophobia/transphobia. I suspect a lot of posters (given how phobic this site is towards anything LGBT and how this site uses Kendrick as a stick to beat Drake with) will have to go through a lot of cognitive dissonance when they gather their thoughts and feelings about this song.

If you wouldn't let a white person say the n word why do you as a straight person use the f word so freely?

Now before you respond with the usual homophobic responses that @ has heard his entire life think for a second... are you the biggest hypocrite of 2022?

LOL.

Heeeey! You listened to the album? What are your thoughts?

2 weeks ago '16        #7
Forza Nocta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25 OP
 S-Class said
Nice song. f*g**t definitely don’t equal white people saying n*gga. He could kick rocks on that.
It's a slur used to discriminate against a group of people. Black people so quick to rush into "who has it worse" competitions and it makes them blind to the fact that other people also have it hard. Dudes don't even realise there are gay and trans black people. It's not about what's worse. There is a clear similarity.

You don't want a white person calling you the n word so why call a gay person the f word?

This the cognitive dissonance I'm talking about.
+38   

2 weeks ago '18        #8
 Forza Nocta said
It's a slur used to discriminate against a group of people. Black people so quick to rush into "who has it worse" competitions and it makes them blind to the fact that other people also have it hard. Dudes don't even realise there are gay and trans black people. It's not about what's worse. There is a clear similarity.

You don't want a white person calling you the n word so why call a gay person the f word?

98% of the people I’ve called a f*g**t have been straight
+17   

2 weeks ago '16        #9
 MrDarkCloud said
LOL.

Heeeey! You listened to the album? What are your thoughts?
I can't judge an album off one listen gotta give it a few months before I can properly digest it. Kendrick doesn't make that S80 and GKMC music that I loved anymore though so I doubt this will get many more spins from me. Same as TPAB and Damn. I only liked 4 songs off first listen.

2 weeks ago '19        #10
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 39088 39 K  Slaps total: 5378 5 K
Slapped for naming people...

And I suspect BX feels the same way about it that they do with Father Time...like I've been preaching to the woman hating crowd, a lot of these n*ggas got daddy issues just like the bi*ches they criticize, and that's including the ones who were raised with their dads at home. If u don't have a great relationship with him or if he taught u some fu*k sh*t like he was taught, u got issues... Often times more issues than n*ggas who didn't have their fathers there (and who have their own issues, generally speaking). Same sh*t for the homophobes. I bet they were with him the song just before when he said he was hetero and honophobic...good for Kdot to share his growth...BX n*ggas? Who knows...
+5   

2 weeks ago '16        #11
 S-Class said
98% of the people I’ve called a f*g**t have been straight
Same. But if a white person calls another white person the n word in your presence is that okay?
+14   

2 weeks ago '19        #12
 S-Class said
Nice song. f*g**t definitely don’t equal white people saying n*gga. He could kick rocks on that.
Lol that wasn't the point of the song...
+8   

2 weeks ago '18        #13
 Forza Nocta said
Same. But if a white person calls another white person the n word is that okay?
The black struggle is historically far worse than the gay struggle. You can’t hide being black. The n word is way worse than f*g**t. I don’t care what white people call each other.
+12   

2 weeks ago '16        #14
 S-Class said
The black struggle is historically far worse than the gay struggle. You can’t hide being black. The n word is way worse than f*g**t. I don’t care what white people call each other.
You doing everything I expected BX members to do. It's your perspective though that's all I asked for. Blessings my brother
+14   

2 weeks ago '18        #15
 Forza Nocta said
You doing everything I expected BX members to do. It's your perspective though that's all I asked for. Blessings my brother
Blessings
+4   

2 weeks ago '15        #16
T Town84 
Props total: 9988 9 K  Slaps total: 435 435
I thought it was written extremely well, and was a dope/Introspective song. As a man of faith it is a touchy/taboo subject. I Also have a gay cousin, and friend I use to work with, and we discussed the subject openly on many occasions.. While I'll never co sign the life style I understand it's their life to live, and at the same time be the best friend/Cousin I can be in the process. Contrary to popular belief it's worked out well. We all understand and respect where we stand Faith wise Vs the worlds perspective while doing it respectfully. It's possible to love one another and not agree.

+23   

2 weeks ago '20        #17
 Forza Nocta said

You confuse me

You're against discrimination against gays. So why are you always throwing shade at me?
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #18
 MrDarkCloud said
You confuse me

You're against discrimination against gays. So why are you always throwing shade at me?
You think I what?

You're the only gay person (that isn't DL ) on BX that I know so your opinion is valuable in these discussions

Quit getting into your emotions

+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #19
 S-Class said
Of course the history is worse...

However, do u think a gay person would feel differently about being called a f*g**t than a Black person would feel about being called a ni**er? The intent of the offender is the same and the way the people being offended feel is likely to be the same. That's what kdot was talking about/comparing...the language and feeling. He wasn't comparing the struggle...
+10   

2 weeks ago '15        #20
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 58773 58 K  Slaps total: 25016 25 K
 Forza Nocta said

Now before you respond with the usual homophobic responses that @ has heard his entire life think for a second... are you the biggest hypocrite of 2022?

Did you just conflate gays with slavery?

2 weeks ago '19        #21
 Forza Nocta said
You think I what?

You're the only gay person (that isn't DL ) on BX that I know so your opinion is valuable in these discussions

Quit getting into your emotions

Lol n*gga brought up Mariah...

That's an olive branch in the shade...
+6   

2 weeks ago '15        #22
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 58773 58 K  Slaps total: 25016 25 K
 Bklynzfinest said

However, do u think a gay person would feel differently about being called a f*g**t than a Black person would feel about being called a ni**er? The intent of the offender is the same and the way the people being offended feel is likely to be the same. That's what kdot was talking about/comparing...the language and feeling. He wasn't comparing the struggle...
Lbgtq doesn’t care about blacks so why are you caping for them!
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #23
 kami said
Did you just conflate gays with slavery?
This question actually conflates things more than his comment... Lol BX sees what they want to see...
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #24
 Bklynzfinest said

I was more so comparing the history behind the word. When I hear the n word I think lynchings, raping, bombing churches , slavery etc when I hear f*g**t I think of just some word I call a n*gga I don’t like like bi*ch , clown , pu**y etc

I feel y’all tho. I get it I just didn’t think the line was all that dope. Felt like he was tryna make em equal

If a white person call me the n word that let me know they want my whole race exterminated or in chains. f*g**t is just a mean word, to me.

Last edited by S-Class; 05-13-2022 at 05:07 PM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #25
 kami said
Lbgtq doesn’t care about blacks so why are you caping for them!
Did you just conflate race and gender?

LGBTQ ain't a race nor an organization...why would I operate as if they're in opposition. And newsflash, there are Black people in the LGBTQ...I cape for freedom, and that's it. No one should be discriminated because of how they look and what they believe...and certainly not for their practices in their bedrooms.

Last edited by Bklynzfinest; 05-14-2022 at 05:23 AM..
+9   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+198online now  19
Video inside Woman becomes house wife after taking advice from Kevin Samuels. Other ..
254 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  16
Eminem - The Eminem Show Expanded Edition Anticipation Thread
83 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+19online now  15
Nets unwilling to give Kyrie Irving contract extension due to injuries, be..
186 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+18online now  14
Video inside Video: Dumb a*s Gen Z Kids Can’t Answer Basic Questions
92 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy