Benedict Cumberbatch turned down role in Thor 2

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 weeks ago '20        #1
1830 page views
22 comments

5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x196
Props total: 105208 105 K  Slaps total: 21475 21 K
Benedict Cumberbatch turned down role in Thor 2

+22   

best
worst
22 comments

2 weeks ago '04        #2
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 55399 55 K  Slaps total: 4002 4 K
Good for him
+22   

2 weeks ago '06        #3
dagreat1_87 
Props total: 23768 23 K  Slaps total: 1179 1 K
Bruh i really need to watch this movie again. I don't remember it being as bad as people make it out to be....actually scratch that, cuz as i think on it, i don't remember much from the time i did watch it, so guess it wasn't that good haha
+7   

2 weeks ago '14        #4
Sphynx 
Props total: 111956 111 K  Slaps total: 28523 28 K
I like Thor: The Dark World. It's the movie that made Thor my favorite guy in that universe

I watched it without the context of knowing that it's an internet nerd culture punching bag, so that didn't color my opinion and I wasn't tempted to follow the crowd. Didn't watch any Marvel movies until the Pandemic hit and I had that Disney+ sub

Once the internet nerd thought leaders decide something is a punching bag, then that becomes consensus opinion for the weaker followers. Everybody scared to have a divergent opinion as not to get flamed by an army of neck-beards
+21   

2 weeks ago '07        #5
killacar 
Props total: 20788 20 K  Slaps total: 1311 1 K
 Sphynx said
I like Thor: The Dark World. It's the movie that made Thor my favorite guy in that universe

I watched it without the context of knowing that it's an internet nerd culture punching bag, so that didn't color my opinion and I wasn't tempted to follow the crowd. Didn't watch any Marvel movies until the Pandemic hit and I had that Disney+ sub

Once the internet nerd thought leaders decide something is a punching bag, then that becomes consensus opinion for the weaker followers. Everybody scared to have a divergent opinion as not to get flamed by an army of neck-beards
It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. I liked the first Thor too overall, Ragnarok just blew them out of the water
+19   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 20584 20 K  Slaps total: 2079 2 K
 dagreat1_87 said
Bruh i really need to watch this movie again. I don't remember it being as bad as people make it out to be....actually scratch that, cuz as i think on it, i don't remember much from the time i did watch it, so guess it wasn't that good haha
Rewatched it for the first time since seeing it in the theater just recently and it's not really that bad.
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #7
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 133731 133 K  Slaps total: 42492 42 K
Who tf was Malikith minor role?
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #8
Tha754kid 
Props total: 11633 11 K  Slaps total: 877 877
 Tha Boss said
Who tf was Malikith minor role?
A one movie role. Was the leader of the Dark elves. So yeah, he did right by turning that down.
+6   

2 weeks ago '05        #9
Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 26868 26 K  Slaps total: 2611 2 K
Good decision. Now he’s positioned as the lead man in the MCU with RDJ out.
+8   

2 weeks ago '06        #10
LeMar G 
Props total: 81156 81 K  Slaps total: 8384 8 K
Thor 2 is fu*kin trash

This n*gga Cleary already had the eye of agamotto
+7   

2 weeks ago '14        #11
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 35813 35 K  Slaps total: 10033 10 K
 dagreat1_87 said
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #12
KINGMFCOLD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9276 9 K  Slaps total: 1032 1 K
I liked the movie. That invasion of Asgard and Malekith k*lling Thor's mama was crazy
+4   

2 weeks ago '14        #13
rashadd 
Props total: 30775 30 K  Slaps total: 1869 1 K
I didn't hate the movie but also clearly he made the correct choice.

+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #14
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 20343 20 K  Slaps total: 12129 12 K
 dagreat1_87 said
The movie was good
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #15
Crisco  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6304 6 K  Slaps total: 891 891
Movie wasn't good that sh*t ended and n*ggaz was like "...that's it?" lol

2 weeks ago '21        #16
2Pac Cares  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 7251 7 K  Slaps total: 6613 6 K
 Sphynx said

You're definitely not a nerd tho

2 weeks ago '17        #17
lil boosie vert 
Props total: 2432 2 K  Slaps total: 361 361
fu*kin hate this dudes face lmao

2 weeks ago '13        #18
Solesearcher 
Props total: 5699 5 K  Slaps total: 238 238
 Sphynx said

Thor 2 like IM3 came out after the 1st Avengers hype so anything not living up to that movie was seen as a disappointment

Also TTDW was the last movie some Disney exec named Ike was able to call the shots & interfere with creative decisions which is why the movie seemed like a mess when released

But with the years passing that movie is probably one of the best MCU chapters that does a good job of world building for that universe like Age of Ultron , Black Widow & now Multiverse of Madness
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #19
Pythagoras  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 57127 57 K  Slaps total: 12040 12 K
 Sphynx said

Both the first Thor and dark world sucked. Idgaf what nerd culture or whatever has to say about it. They weren't good movies. Nerd culture loves ironman 2 & 3 and I think those suck too.

2 weeks ago '22        #20
TheOnslaught 
Props total: 637 637  Slaps total: 321 321
Thor 2 was bad but I always thought e real reasons

In case the Disney pillow biters come in trying to derail the factual shyt I always lay out...

Natalie Portman was essentially the first issue after Thor 1 success. She herself didn't want to be in Thor 2 or whatever Disney was starting Phase 2 with. Because at that time, the pace and writing was bad. Like ot still is.

Portman was big headed. She had just finished coming 9f some success from movies. She felt like Thor series wasn't going to be as "well directed" as other non comic book adaptations. So she wanted out cause they weren't going to change the story around for her.

Funny thing is it's all been a cycle. What people like about Natalie returning, is hypocritical. Cause Scarlett wanted the sake thing, but ManBoys screamed at her for wanting her money.

Back then MCU fans rooted against Natalie...yall don't remember. But the MCU fan base trashed her upstaging the process for Thor 2.

2 weeks ago '04        #21
Mercury 
Props total: 6199 6 K  Slaps total: 278 278
I also watched all of the marvel movies on Disney+ during 2020 without ANY knowledge of how Thor 2 was received, and I still didn't like it. I just didn't realize others didn't like it as well until I started to read MCU blogs once I got caught up

There was one part of the movie where the scenery was so dark i could barely even follow what was going on

2 weeks ago '16        #22
Frankie Needles  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 27442 27 K  Slaps total: 7792 7 K
 Sphynx said

killacar said
It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. I liked the first Thor too overall, Ragnarok just blew them out of the water
I always liked TTDW better than Ragnarok, There were too many scenes in Ragnarok that they played up for the laughs were they didn't fit..Like thor getting hit in the head by the ball trying to escape or banner diving out of the ship and then pancaking onto the rainbow bridge.

I really hated Odin's death, like it was fu*king Odin he deserved more than going out sitting on a fu*king rock

TTDW was probably the first MCU movie where a death hit me, when Frega got k*lled, that scene was so dope

I get some of the criticisms of TTDW but it's not the trash people try to make it out to be

TheOnslaught said
Thor 2 was bad but I always thought e real reasons

In case the Disney pillow biters come in trying to derail the factual shyt I always lay out...

Natalie Portman was essentially the first issue after Thor 1 success. She herself didn't want to be in Thor 2 or whatever Disney was starting Phase 2 with. Because at that time, the pace and writing was bad. Like ot still is.

Portman was big headed. She had just finished coming 9f some success from movies. She felt like Thor series wasn't going to be as "well directed" as other non comic book adaptations. So she wanted out cause they weren't going to change the story around for her.

Funny thing is it's all been a cycle. What people like about Natalie returning, is hypocritical. Cause Scarlett wanted the sake thing, but ManBoys screamed at her for wanting her money.

Back then MCU fans rooted against Natalie...yall don't remember. But the MCU fan base trashed her upstaging the process for Thor 2.
Natalie Portman was def the problem, but she was mad because Disney let Patty Jenkins go who was supposed to direct Thor 2..
+2   

2 weeks ago '22        #23
TheOnslaught 
Props total: 637 637  Slaps total: 321 321
 Frankie Needles said
I always liked TTDW better than Ragnarok, There were too many scenes in Ragnarok that they played up for the laughs were they didn't fit..Like thor getting hit in the head by the ball trying to escape or banner diving out of the ship and then pancaking onto the rainbow bridge.

I really hated Odin's death, like it was fu*king Odin he deserved more than going out sitting on a fu*king rock

TTDW was probably the first MCU movie where a death hit me, when Frega got k*lled, that scene was so dope

I get some of the criticisms of TTDW but it's not the trash people try to make it out to be

Natalie Portman was def the problem, but she was mad because Disney let Patty Jenkins go who was supposed to direct Thor 2..
Right... thats why I stated that it was due to the writing and pace.

Now that u mention it... Lol More conclusive evidence, with another director who didn't make it to a sequel.

Cause every 1st movie of the Avengers was shot and created much differently than the phases later. I had gripes about the writing. But not to the extent where Thor was being pushed to the side to make way for Valkeryie.

Those directors aren't gawdly but they have great talent. That's why Disney only hires desperate Directors and or people who thirsty for a career come up.

I want to point out WB does the same thing with its DC properties. But WB/DC doesn't have the gloss the MCU has. Lmao

Last edited by TheOnslaught; 05-15-2022 at 06:30 AM..
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  27
Video inside Video: Dumb a*s Gen Z Kids Can’t Answer Basic Questions
98 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+79online now  26
Which One Of These Is The Actual Earth?
253 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  21
Eminem - The Eminem Show Expanded Edition Anticipation Thread
87 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+39online now  6
audio inside Brandy “First Class” Freestyle (Jack Harlow Response)
127 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy