May 13 - 4D Grandmaster Musk on Twitter Deal "Sike, I lied". Sends stock to Netherrealm

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '17        #1
4834 page views
79 comments

Iceberg HISTORY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x192
Props total: 120810 120 K  Slaps total: 28103 28 K
May 13 - 4D Grandmaster Musk on Twitter Deal "Sike, I lied". Sends stock to Netherrealm

Elon Musk announced Friday that his Twitter deal is on hold until he receives more information about how many fake accounts there are on the social media platform.

In a follow-up tweet around two hours later, Musk added that he was “still committed to the acquisition.”

Twitter’s stock plummeted 18% in premarket trade following the initial announcement, but trimmed some losses after the second tweet. A spokesperson for the social media company did not immediately respond to a CNBC request for comment.

Tesla CEO Musk announced last month that he intends to buy Twitter for $44 billion and he’s previously tweeted that one of his main priorities would be to remove “spam bots” from the platform.

Even before Friday’s announcement, the company’s market value had fallen to $9 billion beneath the offer price due to concerns about the deal.

Musk, who is expected to serve as Twitter’s temporary CEO if the deal goes ahead, would have to pay a $1 billion breakup fee should he choose to walk away. Musk is worth more than $220 billion.

Twitter estimated in a filing earlier this month that fewer than 5% of its monetizable daily active users during the first quarter were bots or spam accounts.

Musk, who is the world’s richest person on paper, now wants the company to confirm this before he continues with the deal, which is being partly funded by Oracle founder Larry Ellison and venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz.

The San Francisco-headquartered social media company said in the filing that it had 229 million users in the first quarter who were served advertising.

On Tuesday, Musk said that he would lift Twitter’s ban on former President Donald Trump if he takes over the company.

“Permanent bans should be extremely rare and really reserved for accounts that are bots, or scam, spam accounts … I do think it was not correct to ban Donald Trump,” Musk said at FT Live’s Future of the Car conference. “I think that was a mistake, because it alienated a large part of the country and did not ultimately result in Donald Trump not having a voice.”

Earlier this month, Bill Gates warned that Musk could make Twitter “worse.” Speaking at The Wall Street Journal’s CEO Summit, Gates said it’s unclear how Musk will change Twitter if he takes ownership while also raising concerns about the spread of misinformation on social media platforms.

Gates went on to question what Musk’s goal is with Twitter and whether his drive to promote free speech is sensible. “What are his goals for what it ends up being? Does that match this idea of less extreme falsehoods spreading so quickly [and] weird conspiracy theories? Does he share that goal or not?” Gates said.

Before Musk made his bid to buy Twitter outright, he failed to disclose a more than 9% stake in the company within the SEC’s mandatory 10-day window.

The Information reported that the Federal Trade Commission is probing the timing of Musk’s disclosure. Bloomberg later said the FTC is separately reviewing the acquisition itself, though many experts don’t expect the deal to raise antitrust concerns.

The FTC doesn’t disclose ongoing investigations, and an FTC spokesperson declined to comment.

Tesla’s share price climbed 7% in premarket trading Friday.

Susannah Streeter, senior investment and markets analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown, said some are likely to query whether fake accounts are the real reason behind this delaying tactic.

“The $44 billion price tag is huge, and it may be a strategy to row back on the amount he is prepared to pay to acquire the platform,” she said in a statement.

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2022 .. -accounts.html
+7   

best
worst
79 comments

2 weeks ago '17        #2
Iceberg HISTORY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x192 OP
Props total: 120810 120 K  Slaps total: 28103 28 K

+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #3
yousabitch 
Props total: 24824 24 K  Slaps total: 7384 7 K
I don’t care about twitter or elon. fu*kem bofe
+54   

2 weeks ago '06        #4
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 107450 107 K  Slaps total: 22376 22 K
Definitely seems like he's been looking for a way out ever since everybody stopped caring about this story lol.
+53   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '18        #5
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 81528 81 K  Slaps total: 8179 8 K
Word is since bitcoin crashed Tesla is not as liquid
+39   

2 weeks ago '18        #6
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 40518 40 K  Slaps total: 5040 5 K
We told y’all Chief fu*kboy Officer
+27   

2 weeks ago '14        #7
Nemohoes95 
Props total: 27704 27 K  Slaps total: 2982 2 K
He needed an excuse to sell his Tesla shares.
+24   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '05        #8
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39667 39 K  Slaps total: 4476 4 K
I think he did it as a joke and then got to far in to turn back. Also, i think he didnt think "Free Speech" aspect through since his "Free Speech" policy would be more censorship then Twitter has currently with his "Twitter will follow the countries laws they operate in" approach.

Basically confirmed that if Russia or Qatar banned talking bad about the royals or government, then those tweets would be removed and account banned, which currently twitter doesnt operate that way
+23   

2 weeks ago '18        #9
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 64986 64 K  Slaps total: 4542 4 K
 Nemohoes95 said
He needed an excuse to sell his Tesla shares.
said this day one.
+18   

2 weeks ago '18        #10
Lord God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 74282 74 K  Slaps total: 6169 6 K
 Fauby said
I think he did it as a joke and then got to far in to turn back. Also, i think he didnt think "Free Speech" aspect through since his "Free Speech" policy would be more censorship then Twitter has currently with his "Twitter will follow the countries laws they operate in" approach.

Basically confirmed that if Russia or Qatar banned talking bad about the royals or government, then those tweets would be removed and account banned, which currently twitter doesnt operate that way
Huge ploy to get conservatives to like him, which equals better reception of tesla in oil-loving conservative states.

Look at how randomly this Vanilla Isis operative invokes Elon here:

+7   

2 weeks ago '06        #11
 Fauby said

yup we been saying from day 1 that it was all a publicity stunt/troll job.

Now he's in too deep and looking for a way to get out because he knows twitter was always a bad buy lol

Tbh it almost seems like the board/shareholders were putting up a f*ght to make him actually follow through.

Basically used his own ego against him, now he's on the hook, trying to get out of it and my guess is that twitter is just going to keep saying "yeah you talked some sh*t about us and that was against the agreement but you know what? It's all good, we're going to waive our right to cancel the sale on that one."

Gonna be real interesting to see how this shakes out.
+22   

2 weeks ago '16        #12
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 54325 54 K  Slaps total: 5442 5 K
Dude is a scammer deluxe.
+28   

2 weeks ago '12        #13
Melle 
Props total: 7811 7 K  Slaps total: 4061 4 K
 Skateboard T said
Definitely seems like he's been looking for a way out ever since everybody stopped caring about this story lol.
looks more as if he is trying to renegotiate for a lower price! you can go to the SEC site, he has all the funding required

2 weeks ago '06        #14
 Melle said
looks more as if he is trying to renegotiate for a lower price! you can go to the SEC site, he has all the funding required
I'm not suggesting he doesn't have the funding, I'm suggesting he has buyer's remorse.

And he's past the point of being able to negotiate on price. He's tendered the offer and it's been accepted. All that's left is closing.

He's recent antics all suggest he's trying to get Twitter to exercise their rights to cancel the deal, but I don't think they will because he gave them such a good price lol
+10   

2 weeks ago '12        #15
Melle 
 Skateboard T said
I'm not suggesting he doesn't have the funding, I'm suggesting he has buyer's remorse.

And he's past the point of being able to negotiate on price. He's tendered the offer and it's been accepted. All that's left is closing.

He's recent antics all suggest he's trying to get Twitter to exercise their rights to cancel the deal, but I don't think they will because he gave them such a good price lol
My guy, if he can prove that Twitter has a high percentage of Fake profiles he can renegotiate!

if it comes back that Twitter has a high percentage of Bots then your going to see a deep dive in the stock.

If anything this secures Elons purchase and may allow him to get a much lower price!

This is what elite businessmen do my friend

2 weeks ago '06        #16
 Melle said
My guy, if he can prove that Twitter has a high percentage of Fake profiles he can renegotiate!

if it comes back that Twitter has a high percentage of Bots then your going to see a deep dive in the stock.

If anything this secures Elons purchase and may allow him to get a much lower price!

This is what elite businessmen do my friend
He can always ask, but the fact is there's nothing in the deal that obligates twitter to renegotiate the price if there are bots lol.

The most he can do is threaten to walk away and hope that twitter doesn't call his bluff.

PLUS there's a specific performance clause in the deal that they could use to have a judge enforce the contract (provided twitter hasn't violated any obligations on their end which, would surprise me if they have)

To be honest, Musk is not in a great position right now. There may be some very high-level lawyering to be done that could get him out of this position, but he isn't able to renegotiate if Twitter doesn't want to, and he may not even be able to walk away.

Not saying he's destined for failure on this, but he's far from being in an advantageous position.
+9   

2 weeks ago '12        #17
Melle 
 Skateboard T said
He can always ask, but the fact is there's nothing in the deal that obligates twitter to renegotiate the price if there are bots lol.

The most he can do is threaten to walk away and hope that twitter doesn't call his bluff.

PLUS there's a specific performance clause in the deal that they could use to have a judge enforce the contract (provided twitter hasn't violated any obligations on their end which, would surprise me if they have)

To be honest, Musk is not in a great position right now. There may be some very high-level lawyering to be done that could get him out of this position, but he isn't able to renegotiate if Twitter doesn't want to, and he may not even be able to walk away.

Not saying he's destined for failure on this, but he's far from being in an advantageous position.
Ok so the worst that happens is Elon exposes Twitter as a company that encourages fake spam bot accounts which craters the stock ?

I wonder how Twitters advertisers would take that

2 weeks ago '16        #18
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 98041 98 K  Slaps total: 14189 14 K
 DUCEDUCE said
Word is since bitcoin crashed Tesla is not as liquid
They got rid of all their Bitcoin right after they said they wouldn't get rid of their Bitcoin which caused the price to jump.

I am not convinced that this wasn't just another pump and dump by Elon
+4   

2 weeks ago '21        #19
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24394 24 K  Slaps total: 6739 6 K
 Melle said
Ok so the worst that happens is Elon exposes Twitter as a company that encourages fake spam bot accounts which craters the stock ?

Why do the advertisers care about the stock?

Isn't the traffic what the advertisers care about?
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #20
 Melle said

Personally I think the worst that could happen is Musk is forced to spend $44 billion on an unprofitable app that begins to hemorrhage users lol

I think the BEST that happens is that he exposes Twitter as a company that encourages bot accounts, craters their stock, and only requires him to pay a $1 billion break up fee.
+6   

2 weeks ago '12        #21
Melle 
 Tlatoani said
Why do the advertisers care about the stock?

Isn't the traffic what the advertisers care about?
my guy are you trollin?
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #22
Melle 
 Skateboard T said
Personally I think the worst that could happen is Musk is forced to spend $44 billion on an unprofitable app that begins to hemorrhage users lol

I think the BEST that happens is that he exposes Twitter as a company that encourages bot accounts, craters their stock, and only requires him to pay a $1 billion break up fee.
this sounds more realistic but if twitter said in the paperwork that bot accounts were at a minimum of less than 5% wouldnt that break a clause?

Last edited by Melle; 05-13-2022 at 10:12 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '21        #23
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24394 24 K  Slaps total: 6739 6 K
 Melle said
my guy are you trollin?
Explain.

If user traffic is the same, why would Warner Brothers be worried about advertising their new movie?
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #24
Melle 
 Tlatoani said
Explain.

If user traffic is the same, why would Warner Brothers be worried about advertising their new movie?
Sir, do accounts of fake people who are actually computers watch movies ?
+5   

2 weeks ago '21        #25
Aztec King 
Props total: 18307 18 K  Slaps total: 5300 5 K
Don’t y’all remember certain politicians losing tons of followers after the twitter deal was announced, that was twitter purging all the bots.
+7   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  35
Did Marcus Jordan Sell his “Sole” in Backdoor Sneaker Scandal?
93 comments
18 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+80online now  32
Which One Of These Is The Actual Earth?
261 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  23
Video inside Video: Dumb a*s Gen Z Kids Can’t Answer Basic Questions