We need a thread for the non Kendrick Stan’s to judge the album

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
17 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

2 weeks ago '17        #1
9498 page views
367 comments

Exodus 313  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 18930 18 K  Slaps total: 12108 12 K
We need a thread for the non Kendrick Stan’s to judge the album

We already knew bx Stan’s was gone call it a classic regardless could have been a album with Kendrick just breathing and y’all would act like it’s the deepest sh*t ever

Can the non stans share there opinions ?
+111   

best
worst
367 comments

2 weeks ago '13        #2
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 24675 24 K  Slaps total: 8096 8 K
yall do the same bullsh*t with 2pac and nas

2 weeks ago '04        #3
MegaTON 
Props total: 16693 16 K  Slaps total: 3204 3 K
good one
/thread
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #4
JODYE 
Props total: 5257 5 K  Slaps total: 1370 1 K
Unbiased opinion, as someone who was super excited about the album. This might be his worst project by far.

I understand the need for a message, and for narrative. For being a voice for people. But you can have those things and still make engaging, entertaining music.

This album is none of that. It's a drab, mumbly run on sentence. Yes, I'm sure he is saying compelling things and if you want to listen to albums that require you to scour reddit to dissect and appreciate, then great. I ain't gonna hold you. To each their own.

But where am I taking this album? Where can I play this? What takeaways from purely an enjoyment perspective can I leave with from this? Nothing.

It will do numbers because it's Kendrick but this sh*t has no replay value whatsoever.
+145   

2 weeks ago '19        #5
Soulvoyage2 
Props total: 14165 14 K  Slaps total: 2260 2 K
 JODYE said
Unbiased opinion, as someone who was super excited about the album. This might be his worst project by far.

I understand the need for a message, and for narrative. For being a voice for people. But you can have those things and still make engaging, entertaining music.

This album is none of that. It's a drab, mumbly run on sentence. Yes, I'm sure he is saying compelling things and if you want to listen to albums that require you to scour reddit to dissect and appreciate, then great. I ain't gonna hold you. To each their own.

But where am I taking this album? Where can I play this? What takeaways from purely an enjoyment perspective can I leave with from this? Nothing.

It will do numbers because it's Kendrick but this sh*t has no replay value whatsoever.
Felt like this at first but

Gave it a few spins…

Sat with it, caught the concept and direction and now I’m feeling this sh*t.

Kendrick does this sh*t to me every time.

Hated TPAB on first listen. But now I’m glad I gave this sh*t a second and third spin

Looking forward to vibin with this more.

Last edited by Soulvoyage2; 05-13-2022 at 10:42 AM..
+99   

2 weeks ago '14        #6
215Philly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 111545 111 K  Slaps total: 37997 37 K
@ let me know what this album hitting for

2 weeks ago '15        #7
GrgeClrk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 71141 71 K  Slaps total: 12133 12 K
Those fu*king voices he does made me turn that sh*t off on track 1
+42   

2 weeks ago '17        #8
TrillestTalk404  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 74083 74 K  Slaps total: 10407 10 K
Have to listen more and really break it down which will take me a few weeks... But off the initial spins this will replace Damn as my least favorite Kendrick album. Seems like a very bold, creative and eclectic album. He took risk and I commend artist that do that but the album don't grab me like that. It barely feels like a rap album and I think that's the problem
+24   

2 weeks ago '06        #9
kip99 
Props total: 11502 11 K  Slaps total: 1254 1 K
Its going to take me a minute to digest. But I do love what I am hearing so far. I can relate to alot of the subject matter being older and growing up in the hood with all the toxic barriers.
+26   

2 weeks ago '04        #10
ddash 
Props total: 72977 72 K  Slaps total: 5594 5 K
 JODYE said

TrillestTalk404 said
Have to listen more and really break it down which will take me a few weeks... But off the initial spins this will replace Damn as my least favorite Kendrick album. Seems like a very bold, creative and eclectic album. He took risk and I commend artist that do that but the album don't grab me like that. It barely feels like a rap album and I think that's the problem
I can 100% see alot of people thinking this
+14   

2 weeks ago '19        #11
HOH4ever 
Props total: 900 900  Slaps total: 167 167
We went from Brenda’s got a baby to aunt diaries. That’s the Provocative climate we’re in.
+23   

2 weeks ago '16        #12
301216baller 
Props total: 31592 31 K  Slaps total: 3549 3 K
I haven't listened to it yet but with the ysl Situation happening I think hip-hop is going to slowly revert back to conscious rap/non violent rappers like Drake/big Sean etc
+29   

2 weeks ago '10        #13
GBREEZE 
Props total: 21497 21 K  Slaps total: 2772 2 K
Not a Stan, I just love good hip hop..... here's the honest opinion...

2 weeks ago '10        #14
sofreshgfx 
Props total: 864 864  Slaps total: 113 113
I could imagine if BX existed in the early 90's the same discussions would take place and about 100% of the members calling each other f*g**ts
+11   

2 weeks ago '08        #15
hollaballooza 
Props total: 7649 7 K  Slaps total: 2076 2 K

2 weeks ago '22        #16
Alaric  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 5156 5 K  Slaps total: 1439 1 K
 JODYE said

But uou know these Kendrick stans eill compare this to great albums like the blueprint.. this is is mid we can't play Kendrick at the cookout party
+8   

2 weeks ago '22        #17
Alaric  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 5156 5 K  Slaps total: 1439 1 K
 GrgeClrk said
Those fu*king voices he does made me turn that sh*t off on track 1
Somebody tell this negro to stop singing and stop these alien voices
+27   

2 weeks ago '04        #18
ReddBoss 
Props total: 1315 1 K  Slaps total: 27 27
 TrillestTalk404 said
Good take on this. After my initial listen, my thoughts exactly
+3   

2 weeks ago '11        #19
Papa Shango  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14786 14 K  Slaps total: 1050 1 K
 JODYE said

2 weeks ago '20        #20
POWER RAPS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 39229 39 K  Slaps total: 3038 3 K
I’m not a stan and I enjoyed the album a lot

I think the production is top notch. There’s moments when this album sounds like some toro y moi sh*t and not a hip-hop album but mainstream rap has been stale for so long so I appreciate the risks he took as it was well done.

A lot of this sh*t he talks about hits home for me on here. Trying to be a better man, heal past traumas and protect his family some of the realest sh*t you can talk about
+32   

2 weeks ago '15        #21
GrgeClrk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 71141 71 K  Slaps total: 12133 12 K
 Alaric said
Somebody tell this negro to stop singing and stop these alien voices
He does it every single album.

Unlistenable
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #22
makaveliveson 
Props total: 1333 1 K  Slaps total: 483 483
Meh for me...Not a big Kendrick fan though and the only album of his on repeat for me is good kid maad city.
+6   

2 weeks ago '18        #23
dakidjahsiah 
Props total: 18124 18 K  Slaps total: 2068 2 K
Drogas Wave >>>>

if n*ggas love conscious sh*t and decoding bars how come Lupe hasn't garnered this much attention? i love kenny but this a serious question. Lupe is the king of complex bars that'll take you years to digest. he the epitome of "deep".

definetly not saying its mid. its a great album but not blown away.
+31   

2 weeks ago '18        #24
Infamous1 
Props total: 18710 18 K  Slaps total: 4704 4 K
Apparently despite being a big Kendrick fan before he became mainstream i dont know sh*t about music these days cuz i dont like this album. Father time is the only good song to me
+5   

2 weeks ago '20        #25
Carl 
Props total: 15591 15 K  Slaps total: 3453 3 K
Hip Hop needed this.
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-30online now  42
Jamie Foxx spotted ridin’ round with a new ting going VIRAL
119 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  19
Video inside "The Stock Market can be on a downward trend for the next 10 years cryp..
62 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+115online now  18
Image(s) inside Mike Tyson out here strong arming Jayceon Taylor
57 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+19online now  10
May 24 - 18 children and 2 teachers dead in Texas Elementary School Shooting