That year the Spurs were gonna take the Warriors out

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 weeks ago '15        #1
719 page views
32 comments

donnyyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 30414 30 K  Slaps total: 3713 3 K
That year the Spurs were gonna take the Warriors out

They had everything, coaching, rebounding, athletes, star power, 6th man, shooting, defense, ball movement, inside, passing...everything

Warriors had no answer...they were like the little brother, not ready yet

Then Zaza happened in the playoffs. I remember people being shocked from the first game they played how the Spurs just had their number, even with Durant.

Kawhi was everywhere that season on his way to an MVP.

Look at that score. It wasn't a fluke it was just the first time it happened.

Things I notice now.

The Spurs were lowkey stacked

Warriors play slower now

Klay is slower, less confident

Draymond had regressed on offense SIGNIFICANTLY.

Warriors don't get as open on the perimeter anymore

They miss guys like Iggy, David West and JaVale McGee(inside)

They don't have anyone on the team that plays the post like David West

Warriors had multiple guys who could create their own shot (KD anywhere, Livingston mid range, West post, steph, shoot even draymond took jumpshots without looking like someone would k*ll his family if he missed)

Warriors best days are behind them
+4   

best
worst
32 comments

2 weeks ago '16        #2
BobbiHeadRagTop  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 115037 115 K  Slaps total: 5062 5 K
Yup
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #3
215Philly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 111549 111 K  Slaps total: 38009 38 K
Harden and Embiid out the playoffs, y’all don’t know who to hate on.
+5   

2 weeks ago '15        #4
donnyyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13 OP
I wasn't buying that Steph is in decline talk when people were going on about it, but I believe they are right...however he is still better than most at the type of game the NBA is played today so he's still tops, but not like he was then.

2 weeks ago '18        #5
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 67050 67 K  Slaps total: 22629 22 K
Would've could've shouldve
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #6
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 58774 58 K  Slaps total: 25016 25 K
Lol revisionist history. The Spurs weren’t winning that series.
+6   

2 weeks ago '15        #7
That's all yall have to say after all of that? LOL

It's significant because of how they look right now...says alot about why they look so bad at times.

2 weeks ago '11        #8
0ddJoB 
Props total: 7944 7 K  Slaps total: 4900 4 K
 donnyyy said
That's all yall have to say after all of that? LOL

It's significant because of how they look right now...says alot about why they look so bad at times.
Nobody cares dude move on

2 weeks ago '15        #9
 0ddJoB said
Nobody cares dude move on
Then why post in the thread? You move on
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '15        #10
Lockwind 
Props total: 9882 9 K  Slaps total: 7116 7 K
That kawahi injury happened game 1

It’s not like the 2016 finals where Andrew Bogut got injured game 5 where the warriors were already up 3-1 but people act like the cavs beat them fully healthy
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #11
Supreme God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 73536 73 K  Slaps total: 5294 5 K
 kami said
Lol revisionist history. The Spurs weren’t winning that series.
Right, we were never winning that series. It was one game. As a spurs fan, I was never one of the delusional fans pushing that narrative. I saw Kawhi the year before kd got there get locked the fu*k up by okc and we lost in 6. We weren't beating him on goldenstate. Lol.

Last edited by Supreme God; 05-13-2022 at 12:38 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #12
soso24  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 85776 85 K  Slaps total: 9420 9 K
Kawhi was the MVP that season
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #13
Infamous1 
Props total: 18714 18 K  Slaps total: 4706 4 K
 Supreme God said
Right, we were never winning that series. It was one game. As a spurs fan, I was never one of the delusional fans pushing that narrative. I saw Kawhi the year before kd got there get locked the fu*k up by okc and we lost in 6. We weren't beating him on goldenstate. Lol.
i can definitely give you credit for admitting that. Question is how much do you blame Zaza for injuring Kawhi? To me Pop pushed his luck having Kawhi playing as much as he was playing that game when he was clearly hurt.

2 weeks ago '15        #14
 Supreme God said
You also blamed Kawhi that year because he couldnt stop both westbrook and durant by himself?
+3   

2 weeks ago '13        #15
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 24718 24 K  Slaps total: 8108 8 K
Warriors were obliterating the spurs in 5 that year
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #16
Sickstrumentals 
Props total: 8804 8 K  Slaps total: 1751 1 K
i mean draymond regressed offensively but klay didnt regress, kevin durant janked up the offense a bit. i’m sure klay had a period of adjustment to durant’s presence, because klay bounced back in the following playoffs and was crucial in the 2019 Finals. all better than Klay’s 2015 Finals performance.

but anyway, here’s video of Durant boggin down the offense. even in 2018 mind you.

but the warriors were definitely vulnerable in 2017, they kinda had on court chemistry issues. 2018 & 2019 were much better, because Durant has gotten better with his passing over the years. i love it.
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #17
 Sickstrumentals said
i mean draymond regressed offensively but klay didnt regress, kevin durant janked up the offense a bit. i’m sure klay had a period of adjustment to durant’s presence, because klay bounced back in the following playoffs and was crucial in the 2019 Finals. all better than Klay’s 2015 Finals performance.

but anyway, here’s video of Durant boggin down the offense. even in 2018 mind you.

but the warriors were definitely vulnerable in 2017, they kinda had on court chemistry issues. 2018 & 2019 were much better, because Durant has gotten better with his passing over the years. i love it.
They were indeed vulnerable and that was what i was getting at.

Draymond has definitely regressed

Klay hasn't but he's not back in form yet.. probably needs another season.

Steph was super ridiculous. It unrealistic to expect him to remain at that stage.

The team is still lacking some other fundamental things they used to have.
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #18
Blinx 182 
Props total: 11232 11 K  Slaps total: 3084 3 K
Don’t remind me
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #19
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 115847 115 K  Slaps total: 30373 30 K
Kawhi should be up 5 rings now

2 weeks ago '16        #20
 Infamous1 said
i can definitely give you credit for admitting that. Question is how much do you blame Zaza for injuring Kawhi? To me Pop pushed his luck having Kawhi playing as much as he was playing that game when he was clearly hurt.
He didn't really get hurt until the Zaza incident. He was doing fine until then. Zaza definitely deserves blame for sliding his foot under him. It took him out of the series.

donnyyy said
You also blamed Kawhi that year because he couldnt stop both westbrook and durant by himself?
Wait, who said I blamed anybody? I stated what happened. Kawhi was supposed to be that guy, and he wasn't. We were favored that series and we received two 40 point games from lamarcus aldridge. Also, people give him all the credit for that game 1 win against goldenstate despite it being the entire team, who went on to win that game, but he can't get some blame for 2016? Especially when he beat out lebron for mvp voting that season? He wasn't ready to be the lead dog then.

Last edited by Supreme God; 05-13-2022 at 09:40 AM..

2 weeks ago '15        #21
 Supreme God said
He didn't really get hurt until the Zaza incident. He was doing fine until then. Zaza definitely deserves blame for sliding his foot under him. It took him out of the series.

Wait, who said I blamed anybody? I stated what happened. Kawhi was supposed to be that guy, and he wasn't. We were favored that series and we received two 40 point games from lamarcus aldridge. Also, people give him all the credit for that game 1 win against goldenstate despite it being the entire team, who went on to win that game, but he can't get some blame for 2016? Especially when he beat out lebron for mvp voting that season? He wasn't ready to be the lead dog then.
I saw that last post before the edit

You said you dont blame him then proceeded to blame him lol

Look man, he took them out in 2019 with the raptors anyway.

They just manned up and played, balled out instead of arguing about who the leader was.

Go figure, it was inevitable.

2 weeks ago '16        #22
 donnyyy said
I saw that last post before the edit

You said you dont blame him then proceeded to blame him lol

Look man, he took them out in 2019 with the raptors anyway.

They just manned up and played, balled out instead of arguing about who the leader was.

Go figure, it was inevitable.
What post before the edit, you gonna have to show that cause I never blamed anybody. Nore did I edit anything in reference to blaming anyone lol. Either way, nothing I said was incorrect and I was speaking objectively about my team. He got locked by okc, We weren't beating a healthy goldenstate team, and neither would the raptors had goldenstate not been in the icu.

2 weeks ago '09        #23
That Guy Fly 
Props total: 54765 54 K  Slaps total: 15667 15 K
I can't say with certainty that we would have but I liked us having a shot to give them a hard fought series and if something went our way pulling off the upset.
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #24
 Supreme God said
What post before the edit, you gonna have to show that cause I never blamed anybody. Nore did I edit anything in reference to blaming anyone lol. Either way, nothing I said was incorrect and I was speaking objectively about my team. He got locked by okc, We weren't beating a healthy goldenstate team, and neither would the raptors had goldenstate not been in the icu.

Didn’t mean that first part

Anyway you’re not even talking about the same year man

And I knew you’d bring up the injuries as if the warriors didn’t win against teams with injuries and as if the raptors didn’t have injured players too

2 weeks ago '16        #25
 donnyyy said
Didn’t mean that first part

Anyway you’re not even talking about the same year man

And I knew you’d bring up the injuries as if the warriors didn’t win against teams with injuries and as if the raptors didn’t have injured players too
The year with okc was before the year we lost to GS, I brought okc up as a reference to not being able to even beat that team, much less GS WITH KD.

And I'm not saying the championship doesn't count, it counts, just like GS 2015 championship counts even though Cleveland was injured. If GS was healthy though, it would've went differently, that's all.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  31
Video inside Video: Dumb a*s Gen Z Kids Can’t Answer Basic Questions
95 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  17
Eminem - The Eminem Show Expanded Edition Anticipation Thread
86 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+79online now  16
Which One Of These Is The Actual Earth?
245 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+19online now  6
Nets unwilling to give Kyrie Irving contract extension due to injuries, be..
186 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy