Apple Bending The Knee? iPhone 15 To Reportedly Come With USB-C Port

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 weeks ago '07        #1
2009 page views
20 comments

Jago  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 11432 11 K  Slaps total: 1603 1 K
Apple Bending The Knee? iPhone 15 To Reportedly Come With USB-C Port

Apple will ditch its proprietary Lightning port and switch to USB-C on all or possibly some models of the iPhone 15 lineup destined to launch in the second half of 2023, Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said today.

Since the iPhone 5, Apple has kept the Lightning port on the iPhone, despite much of the industry moving to USB-C. In a tweet today, Kuo said that the latest supply chain survey indicates that Apple will ditch Lightning in favor of USB-C in 2023. Kuo noted that USB-C would improve transfer speeds on the iPhone and improve charging speeds.

Kuo had previously said that Apple would be sticking with Lightning on the iPhone for the "foreseeable future," saying that switching to USB-C would be harmful to Apple's MiFi business and has lesser waterproof specification. Now, Apple has reportedly changed its tone. One possible reason for Apple's change in heart is pressure being placed upon it by the EU.

The EU continues to move forward with passing new legislation that would force Apple to adopt USB-C on all iPhones, iPads, and AirPods sold in Europe. Such legislation, if passed, would require Apple to either ship specially designed USB-C equipped models of its products to Europe while keeping the rest of the world stuck with Lightning or adopt USB-C for all of its products globally.

Most of Apple's iPad lineup already features USB-C for faster transfer speeds from accessories such as cameras. For photographers and cinematographers, a demographic Apple has been keen to target with its high-end iPhones, the Lightning port represents a bottleneck for transferring large video and photo files. A move to USB-C would ease that workflow, make it easier to transfer files and be supported by a broader ecosystem of USB-C accessories.

Initial speculation was that Apple would keep the Lightning port on the iPhone until it's ready to go entirely port-less, relying simply on MagSafe to charge and transfer files. MagSafe was first introduced on the iPhone with the iPhone 12 in 2020, so it's still a relatively new technology to the iPhone. The pressure being placed by the EU may have forced Apple to reconsider its timeline for moving entirely portless, requiring it to comply with possible upcoming regulations and move the iPhone to USB-C.

visit this link Kuo: iPhone 15 to Switch From Lightning to USB-C in 2023 - MacRumors
+3   

best
worst
20 comments

2 weeks ago '14        #2
Black Einstein 
Props total: 7157 7 K  Slaps total: 892 892
I thought Apple had already moved to usb-c?
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #3
JealousOnesHate  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10713 10 K  Slaps total: 525 525
 Black Einstein said
this looks like for the charging port inside of the phone. their wires are USB-C from the block to lightning in the phone. switching it to USB-C on both ends.
+3   

2 weeks ago '14        #4
Black Einstein 
Props total: 7157 7 K  Slaps total: 892 892
 JealousOnesHate said
this looks like for the charging port inside of the phone. their wires are USB-C from the block to lightning in the phone. switching it to USB-C on both ends.
I can't speak for the phones, but the iPad I recently had at my job was usb-c on the device itself.
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #5
NBA Brawler 
Props total: 6364 6 K  Slaps total: 192 192
Kuo is a reliable source but I bet Apple pushes this back (again). I honestly don't see it happening until 2024 when the full screen iPhone 16 drops.

Black Einstein said
I can't speak for the phones, but the iPad I recently had at my job was usb-c on the device itself.
Yeah the phones (and AirPods I believe) use USB-C to Lightning cables. The iPads switched to USB-C last year or the year before I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

2 weeks ago '13        #6
Facts B  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39771 39 K  Slaps total: 4376 4 K
Now my wife gonna lose my usb C charger
+20   

2 weeks ago '20        #7
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 58948 58 K  Slaps total: 10842 10 K
About time !

2 weeks ago '15        #8
donnyyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 30453 30 K  Slaps total: 3717 3 K
 Black Einstein said
Only for Ipads

2 weeks ago '16        #9
Wolfcastle 
Props total: 1942 1 K  Slaps total: 32 32
iPhones and AirPods the last holdouts. Come on Apple. How the fu*k you pushing different ports on your MacBooks than the other devices? Got me carrying dongles around in 2022
+3   

2 weeks ago '21        #10
Usernayme 
Props total: 332 332  Slaps total: 32 32
 Black Einstein said
Just the newer IPADs and macbooks

2 weeks ago '04        #11
Fresh Beats 
Props total: 39748 39 K  Slaps total: 1308 1 K
Glad to see the pressure Europe is putting on them is working.
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #12
DJ Maximum|M  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 52935 52 K  Slaps total: 3722 3 K
 Wolfcastle said
iPhones and AirPods the last holdouts. Come on Apple. How the fu*k you pushing different ports on your MacBooks than the other devices? Got me carrying dongles around in 2022
Money that's why

Proprietary accessories is good when you have a decent marketshare
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #13
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 28350 28 K  Slaps total: 3083 3 K
They had no choice in the matter after I saw the German engineering student prove that It was possible after he modified his iPhone with UBC and posted all the schematics online it was done.
+1   

2 weeks ago '22        #14
usafveteran  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 3504 3 K  Slaps total: 250 250
 Facts B said
Now my wife gonna lose my usb C charger
fu*king this, I was enjoying us having different chargers shes gonna swipe my sh*t all the time when this starts. I thought lightning ports charged quicker though? My sh*t is full way faster than her Galaxy whatever the fu*k.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #15
nicoled985  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13076 13 K  Slaps total: 1086 1 K
 Black Einstein said
They have for some of the ipads and for the laptop and imac main ports.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #16
Y.G. 
Props total: 29784 29 K  Slaps total: 4183 4 K
 usafveteran said
fu*king this, I was enjoying us having different chargers shes gonna swipe my sh*t all the time when this starts. I thought lightning ports charged quicker though? My sh*t is full way faster than her Galaxy whatever the fu*k.

2 weeks ago '22        #17
usafveteran  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 3504 3 K  Slaps total: 250 250
 Y.G. said
For clarification USB c to lightning port

2 weeks ago '10        #18
Kid Buu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8681 8 K  Slaps total: 562 562
Looks like i'll stick with my 12 pro max until he 14.

2 weeks ago '15        #19
AlmightySae 
Props total: 6763 6 K  Slaps total: 1272 1 K
 Usernayme said
Just the newer IPADs and macbooks

I believe the latest gen MacBooks went back to that little magnetic T square charging port.

2 weeks ago '04        #20
1nonly 
Props total: 3235 3 K  Slaps total: 197 197
about time

2 weeks ago '10        #21
catch22 
Props total: 3080 3 K  Slaps total: 593 593
 AlmightySae said
I believe the latest gen MacBooks went back to that little magnetic T square charging port.
They brought back the MagSafe charging, but you can still charge through any of the usb-c ports.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  34
Image(s) inside What's up with these n*ggas bringing batty riders back into style.
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  26
Reseller Zadeh Kicks Leaves Customers With Millions in Outstanding Orders
59 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+22online now  25
May 25 - Officials say gunman was in the school for up to an hour before offic..
595 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+44online now  17
Horror film based off Winnie the Pooh in the works; Winnie the Pooh: Blood & H..
117 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy