Nike claims Stock X is selling fakes

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+31  110
65 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

2 months ago '20        #1
4677 page views
100 comments

5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x199
Props total: 106549 106 K  Slaps total: 21775 21 K
Nike claims Stock X is selling fakes

+18   

best
worst
100 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
Ninjahood  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10133 10 K  Slaps total: 1529 1 K
Beat me to it...

In my opinion? I think this is a message warfare tactic for Nike to bloody up da nose of stockx's reputation for retaliation for stockx using nikes trade dress and proprietary trademarks to sell cryptocurrency backed NFTs on their platform and Nike not seeing any of that money.

Its a preemptive strike for Nike Betting on da longer Metaverse play down da line...

Also if you think practical wise Nike wants to be da only online game in town selling exclusive nikes and stockX (and GOAT to a lesser degree) demystifies nikes iron grip on exclusivity to their top shelf product by merely paying whatever the market is for shoes...

I could tell you right now I can give a fu*k about release dates because as long as they're on goat and stockx, sbd listings continue to flood eBay, I could pick them up whenever I want and just factoring whatever premium over initial MRP is as convenience for not dealing with bots and having to stalk that snkrs app...
+22   

2 months ago '05        #3
JohnnyCage202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 115926 115 K  Slaps total: 5031 5 K

#RepGang
+11   

2 months ago '22        #4
Murderers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 18574 18 K  Slaps total: 4457 4 K
 JohnnyCage202 said

#RepGang
Not cool brother. Come around me with some reps and I'm blowing up your spot in front of everybody.

2 months ago '20        #5
 JohnnyCage202 said

#RepGang
This is another thing I used to proselytize on Niketalk back then about how unauthorized authentics (illegally made third shift) Nikes were becoming so prevalent that it would eventually water down da entire sneaker culture down with it....

Instead of having genuine curiosity and intrigue about why it was happening and how it was happening to better understand da situation that doofus administrator would completely shut off any sort of conversation about it.... so now da greater public who has but a mere a grain of sneaker knowledge that a typical enthusiast has can do nothing more but gleefully buy a wide variety and myriad of UAs sold on Instagram WhatsApp Alibaba eBay etc.

I don't blame them either.... if I was 13 or 14 years old now with a limited budget and zero nostalgic connection to Nike's golden era of '80s- '90s silhouettes, there's absolutely no incentive to jump thru hoops to cop from authentic channels & pay premium when i can cop a 99% comparable product for a sizable discount.
+15   

2 months ago '05        #6
 murderers said
Not cool brother. Come around me with some reps and I'm blowing up your spot in front of everybody.
1) Don’t een care brother…

2) You would only know if I told you…

3) Watchu gon inspect the shoe on some “there’s single stitch on the left tongue that’s .000000003 centimeters off to the left”??? By then I’ve already kicked you in the face…

To all y’all payin resale from online n*ggas/consignment shops - I hope this wakes you the fu*k up…

…if you ain’t buyin directly from Nike, you should just pretty much a*sume you’ve bought reps - that’s where we are now.

+40   

2 months ago '22        #7
 JohnnyCage202 said
1) Don’t een care brother…

2) You would only know if I told you…

3) Watchu gon inspect the shoe on some “there’s single stitch on the left tongue that’s .000000003 centimeters off to the left”??? By then I’ve already kicked you in the face…

To all y’all payin resale from online n*ggas/consignment shops - I hope this wakes you the fu*k up…

…if you ain’t buyin directly from Nike, you should just pretty much a*sume you’ve bought reps - that’s where we are now.

Real sneaker heads can tell reps from authentics. I don't care how accurate y'all claim they are. If you can't afford real js just cop some other shoes. Stop the poser sh*t brother, it's corny.

2 months ago '05        #8
 Ninjahood said
This is another thing I used to proselytize on Niketalk back then about how unauthorized authentics (illegally made third shift) Nikes were becoming so prevalent that it would eventually water down da entire sneaker culture down with it....

Instead of having genuine curiosity and intrigue about why it was happening and how it was happening to better understand da situation that doofus administrator would completely shut off any sort of conversation about it.... so now da greater public who has but a mere a grain of sneaker knowledge that a typical enthusiast has can do nothing more but gleefully buy a wide variety and myriad of UAs sold on Instagram WhatsApp Alibaba eBay etc.

I don't blame them either.... if I was 13 or 14 years old now with a limited budget and zero nostalgic connection to Nike's golden era of '80s- '90s silhouettes, there's absolutely no incentive to jump thru hoops to cop from authentic channels & pay premium when i can cop a 99% comparable product for a sizable discount.
Bruh we both go waaaaaay back on NT…

…I DEFINITELY remember you holla’in bout this YEARS ago and Meth an’em shutting you down - now look at it.

n*ggas be postin kicks on NT in 2022 that I know for a fact are reps…
+8   

2 months ago '05        #9
 murderers said
Real sneaker heads can tell reps from authentics. I don't care how accurate y'all claim they are. If you can't afford real js just cop some other shoes. Stop the poser sh*t brother, it's corny.
My good brother ain’t nobody paying resale for some Union 4s at my big age just to match my outfit at the beer garden for a couple hours…

…I still love shoes and that ain’t goin away anytime soon, but my priorities switched as far as to what I drop heavy bags on.

Fiscal responsibility fam…

+32   

2 months ago '20        #10
 murderers said
Real sneaker heads can tell reps from authentics.
Barely if at all.....

Its so brazen & indistinguishable these days that da conversation usually boils down to where were they purchased from, not how they look...

If you're banking on how to tell da authenticity from a pair of sneakers by "how da factory laces are tied" and "this panel is 1mm off" completely ignoring da fact that many retail Nikes suffer from da same cosmetic B-grade defects...well then you've already lost....

My advice coming from a veteran sneakerhead and Nike connoisseur? Keep your purchases to a minimum and find other hobbies that fill void that fulfills you nostalgic needs...
+23   

2 months ago '04        #11
patt24 
Props total: 16215 16 K  Slaps total: 1638 1 K
supply more, drop your price and you wont have to deal with it
+8   

2 months ago '05        #12
 Ninjahood said

Its so brazen & indistinguishable these days that da conversation usually boils down to where were they purchased from, not how they look...

If you're banking on how to tell da authenticity from a pair of sneakers by "how da factory laces are tied" and "this panel is 1mm off" completely ignoring da fact that many retail Nikes suffer from da same cosmetic B-grade defects...well then you've already lost....
And therein lie’s Nike’s problem: why in the entire fu*k would I even pay MSRP, let alone resale, for the same quality at a much cheaper price?

Do I play basketball competitively and need these for my G League game cuz I’m tryna get a 10 day? Nah…

Am I a reseller that has to maintain a reputation of authenticity for my clients’ comfort? Hell nah…

Are these sh*ts just gonna touch my feet for vanity purposes and vanity purposes only? And in about a year after I’m tired of em will I just give em away to my cousins anyways?

Yup.
+14   

2 months ago '20        #13
 JohnnyCage202 said
And therein lie’s Nike’s problem: why in the entire fu*k would I even pay MSRP, let alone resale, for the same quality at a much cheaper price?

Do I play basketball competitively and need these for my G League game cuz I’m tryna get a 10 day? Nah…

Am I a reseller that has to maintain a reputation of authenticity for my clients’ comfort? Hell nah…

Are these sh*ts just gonna touch my feet for vanity purposes and vanity purposes only? And in about a year after I’m tired of em will I just give em away to my cousins anyways?

Yup.
I.e. da path of least resistance.....

I walk by a local JD sports on da Bronx with a taped notification about a looming raffle for "Panda Dunks" on da window.... my eyes immediately rolled...n*ggas aint got time for that sh*t anymore.

I don't even blame these barbershop / cell phone stores that Moonlight selling UA's in their store because people rather pay for quick fix and comparable quality at a good price than to jump through a million hoops....
+6   

2 months ago '05        #14
 Ninjahood said

I walk by a local JD sports on da Bronx with a taped notification about a looming raffle for "Panda Dunks" on da window.... my eyes immediately rolled...n*ggas aint got time for that sh*t anymore.

U feel me?

fu*k I look like playin Powerball for some damn shoes?

+10   

2 months ago '16        #15
BobbiHeadRagTop  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 119808 119 K  Slaps total: 5210 5 K
If true the documentary that follows will be astoundingly plair
+2   

2 months ago '20        #16
 JohnnyCage202 said

U feel me?

fu*k I look like playin Powerball for some damn shoes?

For plain jane Black & white Dunks no less that maybe 12 years ago were wall fodder on VIM shelves.
+11   

2 months ago '22        #17
 JohnnyCage202 said
My good brother ain’t nobody paying resale for some Union 4s at my big age just to match my outfit at the beer garden for a couple hours…

…I still love shoes and that ain’t goin away anytime soon, but my priorities switched as far as to what I drop heavy bags on.

Fiscal responsibility fam…

Ninjahood said
Barely if at all.....

My advice coming from a veteran sneakerhead and Nike connoisseur? Keep your purchases to a minimum and find other hobbies that fill void that fulfills you nostalgic needs...
 JohnnyCage202 said

Yup.
 Ninjahood said
I.e. da path of least resistance.....

I don't even blame these barbershop / cell phone stores that Moonlight selling UA's in their store because people rather pay for quick fix and comparable quality at a good price than to jump through a million hoops....
Man stop it. If you can't tell a rep from authentic then you ain't no sneakerhead. I've came across several of these allegedly 1:1 reps and could instantly tell something was off except for like two of em. But even with those I spotted the tale upon further inspection. I expect @ to be down with reps, on niketalk they said you were flexing with hollow cubans and trying to pass them off as legit.. no offense to you but it seems you have a history of faking the funk so I understand you copping reps. As for my boy Johnny I'm disappointed in you professing your love for reps my guy. A damn shame.

2 months ago '20        #18
 murderers said
Man stop it. If you can't tell a rep from authentic then you ain't no sneakerhead.
Lies, UA's are so prevalent that Stock X been allegedly caught selling UA's for years and people have had a collective "ho-hum" reaction to em cuz for da most part unless its been egregiously off, people don't complain....

Let's not even ignore that once you leave United States and Nike plugs become significantly more rare and hard to come by that entire countries ...fu*k cities or stores have ceded their retail territory to Chinese UA manufacturers....

Da truth of the matter is it's game over for da sneaker game... it's been really corrupted by greed, Chinese government indifference to illegal third shift manufacturers, and overall Lassie fair copyright enforcement...u combine that with Nike's insisting to cut off retail partners to absorb more of da profits for themselves that effectively freeze off large swaths of da buying population, and you got a situation where people will gleefully purchase UA's, illegal or not

murderers said
@ to be down with reps, on niketalk they said you were flexing with hollow cubans and trying to pass them off as legit..

You got da wrong guy buddy... I bought my Cuban link from Leon's in Miami, hell I put Nike talk on to Leon's as I was the first customer when I used to post there...you can verify that with da jewelry thread regulars over there.

Im da only person you'll ever speak to that actually owns a Jacob Jesus piece as well...

Don't be sad about da current state of affairs, just don't invest so much emotional capital into it.... after all, UA, retail, w/e, its still outsourced footwear made in Chinese factories by underpaid labor (which also explains how so much UA's ends up on our shores....workers skimpin off da top)

It is what it is.
+12   

2 months ago '05        #19
 murderers said
Man stop it. If you can't tell a rep from authentic then you ain't no sneakerhead. I've came across several of these allegedly 1:1 reps and could instantly tell something was off except for like two of em. But even with those I spotted the tale upon further inspection. I expect @ to be down with reps, on niketalk they said you were flexing with hollow cubans and trying to pass them off as legit.. no offense to you but it seems you have a history of faking the funk so I understand you copping reps. As for my boy Johnny I'm disappointed in you professing your love for reps my guy. A damn shame.
Oh you fa sho the homie on here AND NT but man if u’on shutcho “let Nas down” a*s up…

…been Rep Gang since ‘20 - 98% of all the kicks I posted in BX pick-up threads were reps.

Ain’t see you callin anything out then fam…

+4   

2 months ago '22        #20
 JohnnyCage202 said
Oh you fa sho the homie on here AND NT but man if u’on shutcho “let Nas down” a*s up…

…been Rep Gang since ‘20 - 98% of all the kicks I posted in BX pick-up threads were reps.

Ain’t see you callin anything out then fam…

I was being respectful and didn't want to blow up your spot. Sad day in boxden history for me smh

2 months ago '05        #21
 murderers said
I was being respectful and didn't want to blow up your spot. Sad day in boxden history for me smh
You be aight…

+3   

2 months ago '21        #22
SHAMPOOO  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 7100 7 K  Slaps total: 3382 3 K
Lot of y'all payed Double for Fakes!
+5   

2 months ago '14        #23
Gotti Pippen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 68060 68 K  Slaps total: 2804 2 K
Anyone else get this?

+3   

2 months ago '07        #24
tre0624  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 24986 24 K  Slaps total: 11636 11 K
 murderers said
I use to agree with the u can tell sh*t but bro in all honesty u can't. Those reps got to good now. Your a liar if u say u can tell by being a sneakerhead. I don't buy reps but I seen them and I can't tell the fu*king difference lol

I'm not goin lie just cause i paid more then a n*gga who got the same exact shoes for 100 cheaper
+7   

2 months ago '15        #25
6Fraud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 85284 85 K  Slaps total: 29798 29 K
fu*k at this point whats the 1 of 1 rep site all this sh*t fake imo..

It’s just common sense in 2022 I been figured that hell I feel like footlocker be having fakes sh*t be off.
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  64
Real life Multiverse may be opened on July 5th…
94 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  24
[Health] Kevin Samuels a broke guy needs to be working 60 hours a week
120 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+129online now  7
What’s Your FAVORITE Boxden Memory? 🤔
538 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+58online now  6
Funniest Boondocks Scenes that stand the test of time.
38 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy