May 10 - netflix....rushes to debut lower price ad spammed plan by the end of 2022

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '09        #1
1489 page views
40 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x81
Props total: 266086 266 K  Slaps total: 28613 28 K
May 10 - netflix....rushes to debut lower price ad spammed plan by the end of 2022

+4   

best
worst
40 comments

2 weeks ago '13        #2
boobalo1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21031 21 K  Slaps total: 2083 2 K
When the cookie starts to crumble
+12   

2 weeks ago '17        #3
Skrr 
Props total: 6261 6 K  Slaps total: 1080 1 K
HBO sh*tting on 'em

Euphoria, run this city vs reality tv and faux woke
+9   

2 weeks ago '17        #4
yousabitch 
Props total: 24823 24 K  Slaps total: 7384 7 K
Ads? People are paying for Netflix full of ads? Lol. I doubt it
+13   

2 weeks ago '06        #5
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 107450 107 K  Slaps total: 22376 22 K
nope, they're done. Might as well start shopping your IP portfolio because your originally programming has been a failure for the most part.

Apple and HBO destroying the episodic storytelling medium

Hulu is one of the best substitutes for cable considering you get a handful of channels that put the newest episodes up a day after they air.

The major networks are consolidating their own IPs as well.

Netflix is toast, it should just try to get acquired at this point.
+10   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '21        #6
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24391 24 K  Slaps total: 6739 6 K
 Skateboard T said
nope, they're done. Might as well start shopping your IP portfolio because your originally programming has been a failure for the most part.

Hulu is one of the best substitutes for cable considering you get a handful of channels that put the newest episodes up a day after they air.

Feel like Netflix has dominated social media with the biggest shows year in and year out.

My students wouldn't shut up about Squid Games earlier this year.
+4   

2 weeks ago '06        #7
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 43210 43 K  Slaps total: 5762 5 K
 Skateboard T said

I don't think they're toast but

You think after years of rumors of Apple acquiring possibly acquiring them it possibly happens?
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #8
Joseph  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42737 42 K  Slaps total: 9315 9 K
Nothing lasts forever.
+11   

2 weeks ago '18        #9
Ryo857 
Props total: 6667 6 K  Slaps total: 768 768
 bigkilla said

You think after years of rumors of Apple acquiring possibly acquiring them it possibly happens?
They were rumors about apple acquiring Disney too but yeah that’s very interesting I doubt it but anything and everything’s possible

2 weeks ago '15        #10
Mal215 
Props total: 29358 29 K  Slaps total: 3664 3 K
They trying copy peacock 5 dollar plan
+4   

2 weeks ago '14        #11
TooFatToFish 
Props total: 22133 22 K  Slaps total: 4708 4 K
Where’s your trademark “allegedly”???

This would be the first time you should actually use it cause the first fu*king tweet you posted says “COULD”

L...O...L you’re too much Marv
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #12
 Tlatoani said
Feel like Netflix has dominated social media with the biggest shows year in and year out.

My students wouldn't shut up about Squid Games earlier this year.
Yeah don't get me wrong, they can still find a hit, but those hits are becoming fewer and more far between. Squid game was a worldwide phenomenon, but they hadn't had anything that big in years (maybe Tiger King but I don't think that should count for a number of reasons).

But the biggest problem is they can't sustain them. Who's hyped for the new season of stranger things? How much did anybody talk about the last season? Combined with how much other content they have that only targets niche audiences...idk I just don't see them lasting much longer without a serious change.

bigkilla said

Honestly it would probably be in their best interest to sell, they're bloated with content that doesn't drive (or keep) subscribers.

Not sure who would want them though, if it gets bad enough they may just wind up liquidating everything and selling off their IPs and IP licenses.

I mean if I'm Apple I'm seeing a handful of hits I want, but yall can keep the other 75% of sh*t you got like "tall girl" and "the bullsh*t game"
+3   

2 weeks ago '07        #13
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x79
Props total: 113208 113 K  Slaps total: 15468 15 K
saying Netflix is a sinking ship is like saying "it's cold right now" to disprove climate change

they have 222,000,000 subscribers, maybe not you, but their programming is connecting with more people than anyone else

Disney has 118,000,000, HBO Max has 74,000,000, Paramount has 56,000,000, everyone else is struggling to get to, or stuck in the 20Ms

Netflix: we added 8,300,000 brand new customers
society: FAILURE
Netflix: wait what?
society: YOU SAID 8,500,000!!!
Netflix: right, uh ok, we think we're going to add 2,500,000 brand new customers in the next 3 months
society: FAILURE, the company is over

how many businesses are adding 2.5M customers in 3 months?

2.5M people is more than Houston and way more than Phoenix or Philly

you can't reasonably get excited until Netflix fails to hit 1,000,000 in a quarter

i'll tell you what tho

there's moves to be made if the rivals got gangster in them

simply wait until Netflix starts charging existing customers extra for remote logins

if Netflix is smart, they'll quietly just apply new rules to new sign-ups and move forward

cuz if they do start fu*kin with current subscribers

all Disney, Paramount or HBO Max gotta do is

focus all their marketing on "$X.XX gets you X number of logins, use them anyway you want, we're not going to spy on you"
+11   

2 weeks ago '09        #14
csmitty 
Props total: 1280 1 K  Slaps total: 110 110
Netflox has to change there model. Stop releasing whole series at one time for big shows and move to a weekly format. People might balk at 1st but in the long run people people feel a greater value from it and creates excitement for any project for a few months vs a few weeks.
+4   

2 weeks ago '09        #15
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x81 OP
Props total: 266086 266 K  Slaps total: 28613 28 K
 TooFatToFish said
Where’s your trademark “allegedly”???

This would be the first time you should actually use it cause the first fu*king tweet you posted says “COULD”

L...O...L you’re too much Marv

i didnt need to put "allegedly" since netflix is crumbling

2 weeks ago '17        #16
Pythagoras  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 57125 57 K  Slaps total: 12037 12 K
 Skrr said
HBO sh*tting on 'em

Euphoria, run this city vs reality tv and faux woke
A grown man that watches Euphoria.... Ain't that the one about a bunch of teenage drug addicts?
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #17
 Skateboard T said

I think this is horribly off base for many reasons.

Apple is not even a competitor with NFLX. Like what are their sub numbers? I'm guessing less than a tenth of Netflix.

Hulu would've folded a while ago if Disney didn't acquire them.

You named 2 "competitors" who aren't on Netflix level and are calling for nflx to shut down because of the above? Jesus Christ.

Max and D+ are Netflix only competitors. There's room for all three in the streaming ecosystem.

And you underestimate the first user advantage nflx has. They will be able to monetize ads extremely quickly and extremely profitably.

Your post is alarmist nonsense tbh.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #18
 Pythagoras said
I think this is horribly off base for many reasons.

Apple is not even a competitor with NFLX. Like what are their sub numbers? I'm guessing less than a tenth of Netflix.

Hulu would've folded a while ago if Disney didn't acquire them.

You named 2 "competitors" who aren't on Netflix level and are calling for nflx to shut down because of the above? Jesus Christ.

Max and D+ are Netflix only competitors. There's room for all three in the streaming ecosystem.

And you underestimate the first user advantage nflx has. They will be able to monetize ads extremely quickly and extremely profitably.

Your post is alarmist nonsense tbh.
I disagree. I don't see them recovering from this.

They may find an equilibrium, but it will require monetization with ads AND cutting their extremely bloated production budget.

Ultimately they're going to wind up looking more like Hulu than they are HBO Max and Disney+

They're going to continue to lose subscribers, because people aren't going to pay for their overpriced subscription and moving to ad-based monetization may stop the bleeding a little bit, but it seems unlikely to retain customers.

Not to mention, they'll almost certainly stop people from sharing passwords which will trigger another mass exodus.

I'm not saying their doomed for insolvency, but they won't be around in their current form for much longer, and it will be because they significantly downsize as their revenue stream dries up due to all the chickens of their poor business decisions over the past handful of years coming home to roost.

That being said, I think netflix downsizing is a good thing because their platform is a good 75% bullsh*t. It would be better if they focused on the IPs that really drive subscriptions across the board instead of targeting niche consumer groups in the hopes that you'll increase a few Gen-Z women here with trash reality tv and "Tall Girl" and millennial women there with your 300th true crime collection.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #19
 Skateboard T said
I disagree. I don't see them recovering from this.

They may find an equilibrium, but it will require monetization with ads AND cutting their extremely bloated production budget.

Ultimately they're going to wind up looking more like Hulu than they are HBO Max and Disney+

They're going to continue to lose subscribers, because people aren't going to pay for their overpriced subscription and moving to ad-based monetization may stop the bleeding a little bit, but it seems unlikely to retain customers.

Not to mention, they'll almost certainly stop people from sharing passwords which will trigger another mass exodus.

I'm not saying their doomed for insolvency, but they won't be around in their current form for much longer, and it will be because they significantly downsize as their revenue stream dries up due to all the chickens of their poor business decisions over the past handful of years coming home to roost.

That being said, I think netflix downsizing is a good thing because their platform is a good 75% bullsh*t. It would be better if they focused on the IPs that really drive subscriptions across the board instead of targeting niche consumer groups in the hopes that you'll increase a few Gen-Z women here with trash reality tv and "Tall Girl" and millennial women there with your 300th true crime collection.
Yea I'm not sure their revenue is going to decline. You're conflating overvaluation of tech companies with Netflix being in a fundamentally bad business position. This is not the case.

They'll remain king of streaming as far as subscriber count. Their issue is that the growth expectations were unrealistic. But they have many levers to pull to continue revenue growth.

Last edited by Pythagoras; 05-13-2022 at 01:09 PM..

2 weeks ago '14        #20
TooFatToFish 
Props total: 22133 22 K  Slaps total: 4708 4 K
 messy marv stan said
i didnt need to put "allegedly" since netflix is crumbling
crumbling?

don't let a stock price fool you marv....

and you better be the first one making a thread when they get bought my MSFT for billions

gotta love a guy on BX who doesn't believe in NASA saying an 80 billion dollar company is crumbling

they went up to highs they wouldn't have ever seen (but the pandemic) and now they're back where they belong.....as an 80 billion dollar not a 220 billion dollar company

enjoy your weekend Marv....I'll be smoking bullryder all weekend hope you got something nice too
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #21
lltreyll 
Props total: 8242 8 K  Slaps total: 2266 2 K
Certain FireTv apks with real-debrid is like Godmode.

All content from Netflix, Hulu, Prime, HBO, Disney etc. Practically any TV show season/episode or movie, including web rips, screeners and sh*t of one's that are still in theaters. Cinema HD and Bee TV are free as it is, but for like $4 a month people can get private links to stream or download from a service called real-debrid. That way you should be able to find what you're looking for, and things you're trying to watch on publicly available links doesn't pause or buffer, and there is absolutely no need to use a VPN especially for the private cached torrent links of real-debrid. It's safe, private, incredibly useful and insanely cheap. Google something like this to get familiar and all set:
Cinema hd real-debrid
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #22
Skrr 
Props total: 6261 6 K  Slaps total: 1080 1 K
 Pythagoras said
A grown man that watches Euphoria.... Ain't that the one about a bunch of teenage drug addicts?
Ehhh it's a visual trip, great despite many flaws, and the actors are 30 so the whole "HS" thing isn't even a real plot point IMO

It feels more like a bunch of recent grads who arbitrarily decided to live with their parents. Probably like 2 school scenes in all of season 2

And the other show I listed is a realistic police procedural which balances things nicely

2 weeks ago '17        #23
Willy Boban  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 64158 64 K  Slaps total: 14852 14 K
 csmitty said
Netflox has to change there model. Stop releasing whole series at one time for big shows and move to a weekly format. People might balk at 1st but in the long run people people feel a greater value from it and creates excitement for any project for a few months vs a few weeks.
Nah fam. I like having the entire season ready on day 1. Phuck that batman and wrestling sh*t when things get good and the TV goes to commercial while they telling you to tune in next week.

But on that note. Maybe they can charge a little extra a month for the full seasons and the cheap accounts have to wait every week for a new episode. Now that may somewhat work.

2 weeks ago '19        #24
OaklandSmokin 
Props total: 12329 12 K  Slaps total: 844 844
I guess im the only one that still uses Netflix.

Its not as great as it used to be, but I've found some good sh*t over the years.

Im for whoever puts out the best product, I dont have any loyalties
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #25
FCWGM 
Props total: 11783 11 K  Slaps total: 1166 1 K
 yousabi*ch said
Ads? People are paying for Netflix full of ads? Lol. I doubt it
Brah Netflix sucks without ads lmaooo picture trying to wat h that sh*t with ads lmaooo

But I will always have a soft spot for Netflix they had streaming in there palm until n*ggas started hating on them when they seen Netflix income

Now it’s 100 streaming apps
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  15
Eminem - The Eminem Show Expanded Edition Anticipation Thread
83 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+198online now  15
Video inside Woman becomes house wife after taking advice from Kevin Samuels. Other ..
252 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+19online now  14
Nets unwilling to give Kyrie Irving contract extension due to injuries, be..
184 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+18online now  9
Video inside Video: Dumb a*s Gen Z Kids Can’t Answer Basic Questions
91 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy