The problem with Nike

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section gear

4 weeks ago '15        #1
9810 page views
186 comments

donnyyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 30405 30 K  Slaps total: 3713 3 K
The problem with Nike

Not that Nike is the only one, but they are certainly guilty of ushering along bad feet and the issues that come with it.

Many of their shoes only work for people with high arches and shinny feet.

When most babies are born their feet come out like this

Toes are splayed, and kind of have a triangle shape to the foot

Nike and many other shoes don't give your feet the space they need to naturally keep their shape and it looks like the below in the comparison

Especially when you are an athlete or train in certain shoes that keep your feet locked in tight..

What happens is it causes weakness in your body because the alignment is thrown off.. causing things like
-Bunions
-Hammer toes
-Plantar fasciitis and even foot and ankle stability issues

... look at how modern OTC foot orthotics keep your feet

This is the reason they started making shoes in Wide and those barefoot shoes

I know they are cool for most, but i found myself moving away from nikes over the years... many of them now are kinda ugly but they don't make the feet feel good.

Mainly for you guys that workout.. pick your shoes wisely. It could be hindering some of your progress
+191   

best
worst
186 comments

4 weeks ago '20        #2
iNsynSE 
Props total: 1071 1 K  Slaps total: 121 121

+107   

4 weeks ago '15        #3
Hellmatic 
Props total: 56667 56 K  Slaps total: 5079 5 K
 iNsynSE said

+81   

4 weeks ago '17        #4
baku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15057 15 K  Slaps total: 1067 1 K
Had to stop buying Nike 2 years ago and fully switch to Asics which are great for wide feet

Realised that i was prioritising fashion and trends over health and comfort and on top of that i even like asics designs more now
+125   

4 weeks ago '11        #5
Blinx 182 
Props total: 11232 11 K  Slaps total: 3084 3 K
This is why I wear extra wide (size 4E) shoes. Thank God for brands like Skechers and New Balance.
+35   

4 weeks ago '19        #6
Soulvoyage2 
Props total: 14165 14 K  Slaps total: 2260 2 K
Op a dinosaur in orthos
+36   

4 weeks ago '04        #7
JoeyAvalanche 
Props total: 1327 1 K  Slaps total: 271 271
If you don’t like them don’t buy them, go ahead and make you’re own shoes.

4 weeks ago '19        #8
TRILLIONSOTW  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3378 3 K  Slaps total: 651 651

+11   

4 weeks ago '06        #9
Doe Sun 
Props total: 3840 3 K  Slaps total: 884 884
Yep. My podiatrist told me Nike made their toe box narrow for fashion and recommended new balance

Last edited by Doe Sun; 05-01-2022 at 06:03 PM..
+40   

4 weeks ago '06        #10
king kum  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8998 8 K  Slaps total: 1806 1 K
 donnyyy said
Not that Nike is the only one, but they are certainly guilty of ushering along bad feet and the issues that come with it.

Many of their shoes only work for people with high arches and shinny feet.

When most babies are born their feet come out like this

Toes are splayed, and kind of have a triangle shape to the foot

Nike and many other shoes don't give your feet the space they need to naturally keep their shape and it looks like the below in the comparison

Especially when you are an athlete or train in certain shoes that keep your feet locked in tight..

What happens is it causes weakness in your body because the alignment is thrown off.. causing things like
-Bunions
-Hammer toes
-Plantar fasciitis and even foot and ankle stability issues

... look at how modern OTC foot orthotics keep your feet

This is the reason they started making shoes in Wide and those barefoot shoes

I know they are cool for most, but i found myself moving away from nikes over the years... many of them now are kinda ugly but they don't make the feet feel good.

Mainly for you guys that workout.. pick your shoes wisely. It could be hindering some of your progress
Archs are formed on a person's feet because throughout time a person's body grows and their feet needs to form based on the structure of that person's body. Have you notice people who are in shape has archs and fat outshape people walk around with Flintstone feet.
+12   

4 weeks ago '04        #11
jiggyfresh1 
Props total: 1329 1 K  Slaps total: 73 73
Nike employee here.
While all things are not 100% it's a Few things I have learned over some years with ppl and shoes

1) they don't wear the correct size. Every size 12 don't fit the same and while majority of your shoes will be same size everything shouldn't be. Ppl will squeeze a toe in a shoe with no sock on or put on a thick sock and still let the shoe fly off the back of they heel when they walk , or if a lil too big will tie them mfs up tight ASF.

2) People are either cheap or can't afford , or too stubborn to get the right shoes for them. Poor I understand, cheap not at all. If u buy one pair of $40 kicks every 2 years damn str8 your arch gone fall.

A stubborn mf will tell u they need a shoe cuz they on they feet all day but insist on getting some hard bottom a*s metcon trainer or swear they Jordans so comfortable when I know they heavy as fu*k and got 20 yr old tech in em .

3) Shopping for food is cultural/racial. By that I mean ppl from diff races shop totally different for shoes.
For example ppl from India and the surrounding region will gather shoe after shoe , stack box after box and leave all that sh*t right where it is with no regard for anyone else in store.
Middle eastern ppl will take one shoe out the box to try on but leave the box wherever and when they finish they just leave the shoe anywhere.

And I say all of this to say that a lot of ppl cause they arches to fall ,not necessarily because of the shoe shape but because they are 2 cheap , poor, or stubborn to have enough different pairs and the proper pairs for the right activity.

As far as the wide feet that's usually for extra fat ppl or for segment of America that originates from Europe . I can't even begin to tell u how many of them come in standing 5'8" tall looking for a size 15 or 16 -4E ( Xtra wide) Only shoes in store they can get are cheap a*s revolutions or Monarchs .

If any other Nike employees in here tell me I'm wrong .
+60   

4 weeks ago '20        #12
Ray Quan Deshef 
Props total: 5610 5 K  Slaps total: 339 339
 Blinx 182 said
This is why I wear extra wide (size 4E) shoes. Thank God for brands like Skechers and New Balance.
Rockport makes some wide, comfy a*s shoes too.
+11   

4 weeks ago '04        #13
Mercury 
Props total: 6199 6 K  Slaps total: 278 278
Nike makes monarchs and other shoes for flat footed/wide foot people but they still opt for AF1s

I do find kids nikes to be too narrow for my childs foot, so he wears new balance

But for adults, they have enough range to find a shoe that fits your foot. Everybody just wants their lifestyle (af1, retro jordan and airmax) shoes
+17   

4 weeks ago '10        #14
Daytona5000 
Props total: 4283 4 K  Slaps total: 356 356
Get some foam runners problem solved
+9   

4 weeks ago '04        #15
J.BEEZY 
Props total: 8877 8 K  Slaps total: 694 694
It's not just Nike
I can fit most Nike no problem, but I always wanted some adidas forums but they are way too narrow at the toe
+1   

4 weeks ago '13        #16
PaperBoy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 38554 38 K  Slaps total: 6751 6 K
baby feet are fascinating to me

Their little toes

Last edited by PaperBoy; 05-01-2022 at 05:05 AM..
+56   

4 weeks ago '08        #17
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 15071 15 K  Slaps total: 2421 2 K
New Balance
Nike SB
Nike Air Force 1s
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #18
AntL 
Props total: 126 126  Slaps total: 10 10
I sold mens and womens shoes and the lack of shoes in wide is real but it’s not just Nike. Btw, it’s not mostly heavier ppl who need wide, at least not at the store I worked at. Also, my arches started falling a few years back. I started throwing inserts with arch support in my shoes and haven’t had a problem since. It did take a sec to find the right ones for me tho.
+10   

4 weeks ago '08        #19
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 15071 15 K  Slaps total: 2421 2 K
 Mercury said
Nike makes monarchs and other shoes for flat footed/wide foot people but they still opt for AF1s

I do find kids nikes to be too narrow for my childs foot, so he wears new balance

But for adults, they have enough range to find a shoe that fits your foot. Everybody just wants their lifestyle (af1, retro jordan and airmax) shoes
Nikes arent great for kids. Best shoes for kids are Keens.
+3   

4 weeks ago '19        #20
threetimessmoke 
Props total: 553 553  Slaps total: 34 34
What’s really bugged out that I didn’t know till recently is “old man foot”

It’s common later in life where your show size gets larger because of gravity where your foot flattens out and gets wider and longer

So you’ll go from being a 11 to a 12

+11   

4 weeks ago '06        #21
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 124802 124 K  Slaps total: 5530 5 K
 baku said
Had to stop buying Nike 2 years ago and fully switch to Asics which are great for wide feet

Realised that i was prioritising fashion and trends over health and comfort and on top of that i even like asics designs more now
^^thats also one of the reasons i switched to Asics as well.

u right though, in the past couple of years, they have definitely stepped their designs UP.
+3   

4 weeks ago '11        #22
squirtofkahlua  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 132510 132 K  Slaps total: 7902 7 K
How I Feel after wearing Air Max

Last edited by squirtofkahlua; 05-01-2022 at 05:57 AM..
+45   

4 weeks ago '04        #23
shadychef04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13515 13 K  Slaps total: 1306 1 K
I got plantar fasciitis

+15   

4 weeks ago '20        #24
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11897 11 K  Slaps total: 1672 1 K
Got a pair of 95 where the toe box is awful... I'm like is this a 13 or a damn 12.
+6   

4 weeks ago '18        #25
MothMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 877 877  Slaps total: 185 185
Yeah it’s like modern day foot binding…the Chinese used to force woman into doing that to make their feet look like a certain way

Most of these shoes are made in China so the Illuminati prob has something to do with it
+13   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  18
Eminem - The Eminem Show Expanded Edition Anticipation Thread
83 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+197online now  13
Video inside Woman becomes house wife after taking advice from Kevin Samuels. Other ..
252 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+19online now  10
Nets unwilling to give Kyrie Irving contract extension due to injuries, be..
183 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+19online now  7
May 24 - 18 children and 2 teachers dead in Texas Elementary School Shooting
1366 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy