Jaguar XJR-15

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
74 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
+32  77
65 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

2 months ago '17        #1
1534 page views
7 comments

Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 228151 228 K  Slaps total: 18329 18 K
Jaguar XJR-15

+5   

best
worst
7 comments

2 months ago '15        #2
ChoAssUp 
Props total: 95059 95 K  Slaps total: 5155 5 K
 Naga Sadow said

Drop dead gorgeous car. Looks better than the XJ220, although I love that car too and I actually like the fact it uses a V6.
+2   

2 months ago '17        #3
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23 OP
 ChoAssUp said
Drop dead gorgeous car. Looks better than the XJ220, although I love that car too and I actually like the fact it uses a V6.
Investors didn't like that it used a turbo V6 seeing that they were promised a V12. They even went as far as suing Jaguar to get their orders pulled.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #4
ChoAssUp 
 Naga Sadow said
Investors didn't like that it used a turbo V6 seeing that they were promised a V12. They even went as far as suing Jaguar to get their orders pulled.
Yeah I remember that. Despite not having a V12 that thing was still fast as hell though. Why did they go with the 6 anyway? I never understood why they pulled that move. Did they not have the money or resources at the time to use a 12?
+1   

2 months ago '17        #5
 ChoAssUp said
Yeah I remember that. Despite not having a V12 that thing was still fast as hell though. Why did they go with the 6 anyway? I never understood why they pulled that move. Did they not have the money or resources at the time to use a 12?
The decision to change the engine was based on engine weight and dimensions, as well as environmental emission considerations. Use of the shorter V6 engine design allowed the wheelbase of the XJ220 to be shortened and its weight to be reduced; the V12 engine was definitively ruled out when it was determined it would have difficulty at simultaneously meeting emissions legislations.

+1   

2 months ago '15        #6
ChoAssUp 
 Naga Sadow said

Ah yes. This also reminds me of the Ford GT in a way. Although that car was designed with the EcoBoost in mind, people were still salty about it. But sh*t, you cant argue science
+1   

2 months ago '17        #7
 ChoAssUp said

Ah yes. This also reminds me of the Ford GT in a way. Although that car was designed with the EcoBoost in mind, people were still salty about it. But sh*t, you cant argue science
But when the Ford GT gets dusted by cars that cost less, get better gas mileage, have softer rides, and more features then it kinda makes you question Ford.

+1   

2 months ago '15        #8
ChoAssUp 
 Naga Sadow said
But when the Ford GT gets dusted by cars that cost less, get better gas mileage, have softer rides, and more features then it kinda makes you question Ford.

You got a point there
However, Ford knew their car wasn't going to be the fastest thing on the block. It was more about the design, aero, exclusivity, "specialness" etc. Its pretty much a homologation car and the only reason they made it was because of the race car and it also kinda celebrated their victory at Le Mans in 2016. All things considered, it's still high up on that list. I'm sure there's a faster time in it with the right driver and setup.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  64
Video inside Jun 26 - Orange County Deputy Suspended over Tik Tok Videos!
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+18online now  45
So the NBA stands for National Beige a*sociation now
39 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  35
Article inside Christian Bale Says His Thor 4 Prosthetics 'Affected My Brain'