RZA's upcoming album "Saturday Afternoon Kung Fu Theater" produced by DJ Scratch. 03/04❗

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

11 months ago '15        #1
395 page views
4 comments

Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x206
Props total: 163724 163 K  Slaps total: 20059 20 K
RZA's upcoming album "Saturday Afternoon Kung Fu Theater" produced by DJ Scratch. 03/04❗

Intro

Saturday Morning Kung Fu Theater Part 1

Puglism

Never Love Again

Fate of the World

Fisherman

Kaiju

RZA has teamed up with legendary producer DJ Scratch for his upcoming full-length album, Saturday Afternoon Kung Fu Theater. The long-delayed album, out March 4, takes its name from the Wu-Tang Clan producer’s streaming series, Saturday Afternoon Kung Fu Theater with RZA, where he provided running commentary on martial arts movies.

“Lyrically the hip-hop part of me had a chance to re-emerge during quarantine,” RZA said in a release. “Giving Scratch the reins as a producer and me taking the reins as an MC, that’s what frees me up creatively and lets me play more with lyrical gags and lyrical flows because I don’t have to be focused on everything.”

Coinciding with the album announcement, the MC released a video for the LP’s title track, which he directed alongside Danny Hastings. Paying homage to the kung fu movies that have influenced him for decades, the video finds RZA in a battle of good vs. evil against his futuristic alter-ego Bobby Digital — which, according to the release, is a central theme of Saturday Afternoon Kung Fu Theater.

“It was an honor to produce & executive produce an entire album for a legendary MC, who happens to be one of the greatest hip hop producers of all time,” DJ Scratch said. “This album is like a movie. The first track gives you the synopsis of the movie. The beats & the videos we shot will take you back to when you couldn’t wait to turn to channel 5 every Saturday at 3pm to watch Saturday Afternoon Kung Fu Theater. I’m proud of this project & I can’t wait to perform these songs live.”

RZA first teased the album — which was then called RZA vs Bobby Digital — last June.

visit this link https://www.rollingstone. .. ratch-1295742/
+4   

best
worst
4 comments

11 months ago '07        #2
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x151
Props total: 307631 307 K  Slaps total: 27148 27 K
I'll give it a listen...

+1   

11 months ago '05        #3
weed  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1