Atlanta Ending After Season 4

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

4 months ago '07        #1
34355 page views
1270 comments

Jago  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 11552 11 K  Slaps total: 1612 1 K
Atlanta Ending After Season 4

Atlanta’s end is officially in sight.

FX CEO John Landgraf revealed Thursday during his time at the Television Critics a*sociation’s (virtual) winter press tour that the previously announced fourth season of Donald Glover’s Emmy-winning comedy will be its last.

Landgraf noted the final two seasons have already been filmed.

The decision to wrap the series comes as little surprise as Glover last year departed his overall deal with Disney-backed FX in favor of a rich pact with Amazon. The third season will debut March 24, followed by the final run in the fall.

“The new season is everything you’ve come to expect from Atlanta,” Landgraf told reporters Thursday.

Later Thursday, Glover told reporters — after half-jokingly saying that “to be honest, I kind of wanted it to end after season two” — that wrapping the series with season four felt like the natural conclusion for Earn Marks, Alfred “Paper Boi” Miles (Brian Tyree Henry) and the other characters.

“When the conditions are right for something to happen, it happens, and when they’re not, it doesn’t,” said Glover, who also noted that his Amazon deal didn’t factor into the decision to end Atlanta. “The story was always supposed to be what it was.”

Glover has already been hard at work at Amazon, setting an adaptation of Brad Pitt-Angelina Jolie feature Mr. and Mrs. Smith for the streamer. The series, which was originally poised to star Glover opposite Phoebe Waller-Bridge, was due this year but the former Fleabag Emmy winner dropped out. As THR exclusively reported in September, the role will be recast as insiders noted the streamer still hopes to debut the show in 2022. Glover is also working on a music series for Amazon called Hive, though the streamer has yet to confirm the show, which counts Malia Obama among its writers room.

FX and Glover filmed both seasons three and four back-to-back in a bid to return the comedy to the air as soon as possible. The series last aired in May 2018. Even with the Amazon deal, sources said Glover had a carve-out to continue with Atlanta should he have wanted to extend the show beyond season four. That’s no longer the case.

During its run, Atlanta has earned two Emmys for Glover for lead actor in a comedy as well as a directing prize for its creator, writer and star. The directing win was the first for a Black director of a comedy series.

Glover also said that he’d be open to revisiting Atlanta in the future, “if there’s a reason to do it, but it always depends. I like keeping options open.”

Elsewhere at TCA, Landgraf also confirmed that Lil d*cky comedy Dave would return for its third season.
visit this link ‘Atlanta’ Ending With Season 4 on FX – The Hollywood Reporter
+12   

best
worst
1270 comments

4 months ago '05        #2
Y.G. 
Props total: 30162 30 K  Slaps total: 4231 4 K
Atlanta, black-ish, Insecure all ending within a year of each other. Hope there's some decent replacements on the horizon.
+53   

4 months ago '14        #3
Aries  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 62018 62 K  Slaps total: 7543 7 K
After season 1 it seemed like Atlanta was just a side project to Donald
+74   

4 months ago '17        #4
FashCashVasquez  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 21331 21 K  Slaps total: 11875 11 K
Gentrification

4 months ago '20        #5
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 108317 108 K  Slaps total: 7926 7 K

+37   

4 months ago '17        #6
FroBE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 17846 17 K  Slaps total: 1970 1 K
I'm down with it. Rather they go on a high than let it drag out and become stale. At the same time, LeKeith & Brian have blew up ever since S1. On top of Glover always doing a bunch of other sh*t.
+19   

4 months ago '06        #7
Badnewz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 148793 148 K  Slaps total: 2252 2 K
Damn this sh*t just came back after a long a*s hiatus and now they talkn about final season

All the cast are doing their thing in movies so guess it makes sense.
+17   

4 months ago '16        #8
BobbiHeadRagTop  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 119672 119 K  Slaps total: 5208 5 K
+3   

4 months ago '04        #9
ddash 
Props total: 76554 76 K  Slaps total: 5873 5 K
 BobbiHeadRagTop said
Yea mane,But cant wait

4 months ago '07        #10
stogz 
Props total: 122705 122 K  Slaps total: 15471 15 K
 Y.G. said
Atlanta, black-ish, Insecure all ending within a year of each other. Hope there's some decent replacements on the horizon.
Kenan Thompson has a show. It has a TGIF vibe to it. It's light, fun.... a little corny, but it works for that audience.

There is a show before of after it... kind of a bland show set in cali, it's ok too.

There is The Wonder Years reboot... it's kind of boring. It's like an old, less funny, Everybody Hates Chris. I'm sure it's ok.

There is some show that takes place in a school... everyone says it's good, but i've not seen it.

50 Cent has a show on Starz every Sunday.... just a whole rotation.

Probably a bunch more that i never heard of or seen.

So yea, there are several shows out there.
+4   

4 months ago '11        #11
Ralph Nautica 
Props total: 17559 17 K  Slaps total: 893 893
 Y.G. said
Abbot Elementary and The Wonder Years reboot
+5   

4 months ago '07        #12
-ThE~DoN~LoN-  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9392 9 K  Slaps total: 2318 2 K
Zazie Beetz
+18   

4 months ago '10        #13
eightytyson06 
Props total: 23454 23 K  Slaps total: 1449 1 K
they all blowing up with projects i figured it would be ending soon just enjoy the content while we're in the moment
+8   

4 months ago '15        #14
Jary Soak 
Props total: 2225 2 K  Slaps total: 268 268
I’m wondering when they gon reveal paperboi is gay
+8   

4 months ago '14        #15
breezeus313 
Props total: 14895 14 K  Slaps total: 878 878
I thought maybe he want to at least get enough episodes to get syndicated

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '17        #16
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 128829 128 K  Slaps total: 5186 5 K
Going out like the Boondocks did. 3 dope seasons. Long a*s wait for a 4th that was a total letdown and then just ending.
+5   

4 months ago '07        #17
Righteous Path  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 48577 48 K  Slaps total: 10934 10 K
 Jary Soak said
I’m wondering when they gon reveal paperboi is gay
The finale.
+4   

4 months ago '04        #18
Duntaz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 53151 53 K  Slaps total: 3226 3 K
As long as it took to come back it should be the last season. Don't drag it out if it can't be consistent.
+6   

4 months ago '04        #19
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 38615 38 K  Slaps total: 5732 5 K
Shiiiit still waiting on season 3...
+4   

4 months ago '16        #20
Dino87 
Props total: 5262 5 K  Slaps total: 1925 1 K
Atlanta as a show deserves social media viral activity.

Not a corny a*s network sponsored interpretation of major city homelessness on urban neighborhood
+1   

4 months ago '14        #21
iamlegend24 
Props total: 20991 20 K  Slaps total: 1998 1 K
 Aries said
After season 1 it seemed like Atlanta was just a side project to Donald
In all honesty everyone on that show became stars it was prolly hard to get everyone together after the first season everyone really blew up
+6   

4 months ago '13        #22
wallace45 
Props total: 10989 10 K  Slaps total: 1377 1 K
Show been on hiatus so long I almost forgot about it... Great show but I'm cool with this if they going to take 3 years to do another season
+8   

4 months ago '17        #23
StandUpFella09 
Props total: 8343 8 K  Slaps total: 992 992
Tf is up with these Brothas dying they hair blonde??? That sh*t is whack son! Thou shall not envy thou oppressor. Blonde hair only look right on white people.
+7   

4 months ago '08        #24
Aragorn Black 
Props total: 925 925  Slaps total: 230 230
 stogz said
Kenan Thompson has a show. It has a TGIF vibe to it. It's light, fun.... a little corny, but it works for that audience.

There is a show before of after it... kind of a bland show set in cali, it's ok too.

There is The Wonder Years reboot... it's kind of boring. It's like an old, less funny, Everybody Hates Chris. I'm sure it's ok.

There is some show that takes place in a school... everyone says it's good, but i've not seen it.

50 Cent has a show on Starz every Sunday.... just a whole rotation.

Probably a bunch more that i never heard of or seen.

So yea, there are several shows out there.
Imma need those titles plehboi

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '12        #25
Bravo Golf 
Props total: 12906 12 K  Slaps total: 790 790
The Fubu episode from Season 2 is still one of my favorite episodes of television ever.
+11   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+84online now  16
Got a Tesla to match my Tesla
72 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  12
AEWxNJPW Forbidden Door 6/26/22