Depression is something serious man

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

6 months ago '16        #1
13601 page views
180 comments

Forza Nocta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
Props total: 55261 55 K  Slaps total: 13312 13 K
Depression is something serious man

Haven't been myself in years. Don't really know what normal is anymore. The last time I truly enjoyed life was probably 2016 I'm not even gonna lie. Haven't been able to see my friends in person in 2 years thanks to COVID and now that we've all graduated and started working we talk even less. Therapy is useless and my psychiatrist doesn't think sh*t is serious enough for antidepressants (useless bi*ch smh). I'm not bout to go commit that but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about it ever now and then man. I try my best to eat healthy and I exercise when I can but sh*t doesn't help. I'd like to think sh*t will get better over the next few years but man rn sh*t is a*s. BX makes me laugh and puts a smile on my face so that's why I come here. It's not like I always feel this bad but I do function daily with a mild to moderate form of depression (persistent depressive disorder) but every now and then sh*t just gets bad man. My mood fluctuates pretty easily and I had somewhat of a bad day so that's why I feel like this. Anyway... I just felt to vent and maybe if there's anyone else who goes through depression man you ain't alone. It's worst being a guy with it as well because we're just expected to man up and get on with it but that's bullsh*t man. Men commit suicide at a much higher rate than women but no one really gives a fu*k and everyone is so quick to jump on the men are trash bandwagon when n*ggas really be going through it man.
+268   

best
worst
180 comments

6 months ago '20        #2
PharoahSoul 
Props total: 4114 4 K  Slaps total: 532 532
Hold your head bro, tomorrow is a brighter day…you here for a reason and let that passion ground you into your being…we are just vessels on this plain…let your soul drive you bro…it’s deeper than rap
+75   

6 months ago '17        #3
Blahblam 
Props total: 225 225  Slaps total: 14 14

It’s tough , try sticking to a schedule to workout ,sleep , get outside and drink water. Pick up a hobby. Try taking some time away from emotionally draining people . It’s easier said than done .

Last edited by Blahblam; 02-15-2022 at 05:15 PM..
+30   

6 months ago '18        #4
Yung Sir 
Props total: 1489 1 K  Slaps total: 210 210
Keep ya head up bruh. It always get better with time. Highkey the ebbs and flows of life is what makes it lit. I’ve dealt with depression and know it’s an everyday struggle. I recently lost a family member to suicide and have seen the emotional damage that it causes to those who love you. That experience has made me realize with the type of person I am I don’t ever wanna hurt my loved ones like that.
+26   

6 months ago '17        #5
SixShot Capo 
Props total: 1336 1 K  Slaps total: 504 504
Bless up bro! I deal wit it too! Stand tall and remember happiness iz a mindset. If u can find sh*t to be down about, u can find sumn to be happy about! Keep pushin fam!
+18   

6 months ago '17        #6
S550  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 11308 11 K  Slaps total: 4722 4 K
 Forza Nocta said
Haven't been myself in years. Don't really know what normal is anymore. The last time I truly enjoyed life was probably 2016 I'm not even gonna lie. Haven't been able to see my friends in person in 2 years thanks to COVID and now that we've all graduated and started working we talk even less. Therapy is useless and my psychiatrist doesn't think sh*t is serious enough for antidepressants (useless bi*ch smh). I'm not bout to go commit that but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about it ever now and then man. I try my best to eat healthy and I exercise when I can but sh*t doesn't help. I'd like to think sh*t will get better over the next few years but man rn sh*t is a*s. BX makes me laugh and puts a smile on my face so that's why I come here. It's not like I always feel this bad but I do function daily with a mild to moderate form of depression (persistent depressive disorder) but every now and then sh*t just gets bad man. My mood fluctuates pretty easily and I had somewhat of a bad day so that's why I feel like this. Anyway... I just felt to vent and maybe if there's anyone else who goes through depression man you ain't alone. It's worst being a guy with it as well because we're just expected to man up and get on with it but that's bullsh*t man. Men commit suicide at a much higher rate than women but no one really gives a fu*k and everyone is so quick to jump on the men are trash bandwagon when n*ggas really be going through it man.
Think your psych is doing you a favor by not putting you on anti depressants as they are nothing but a bandaid and carry adverse effects .

Though chemicals induce emotion itís memory and exposure that induce or negate the chemicals. It starts with your thoughts !

You canít fresh paint a car with no gas and expect it too drive

There are deff safer alternative chemical enhancers like 5htp and a real healthy diet ( No sugar ! And no artificial flavors)

Depression is real , people on the internet will say Bs like man up etc but those that know the bottomless pit will relate.

Sounds like youíre young under 25 ?

Social life impact on many in this pandemic has effected a lot of people.

Hopefully things will open up more and you can re group and have a social life again.

When we are young we are distracted
School , hang outs , neighborhoods , friends over etc

When you get older life settles and everyoneís either dedicating time too career or relationships or both so they stay distracted.

That transitions in too marriage and family life and some never have the time too face themselves

Those that donít continue the cycle fall in an apathy pit because the world they once knew is an empty void and itís them and the mirror

Iím prob 15-20 years older than you

What got me out of that pit at that age was looking forward too something , be it learning a hobby or learning a trade and actually enjoying it and then take that education and network or be around people with the same interest. Or just being around new people and doing consitiently until itís systematic and you can produce new experiences and new feelings

Building a chemical rapport with yourself and body too the point where your focus and conciousness is not always hyper indulged with self loathing and negative thoughts

The brain can always be reprogrammed but it has too start somewhere

It dosent come over night but repetition is key

Another thing that helped me was nostalgia exposure ( rewatching classic movies and listening to music you did when you were young and happy ) reassociating your brain and feelings with good times

What do you like too do ?
Do you have hobbies ? Even with a lack of desire is ther one thing that still gives you a small % of looking forward too or happiness ?
+43   

6 months ago '11        #7
T-800  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 24343 24 K  Slaps total: 1570 1 K
First I just want to say good for opening up about it. Not a lot of people do, out of shame or fear of stigma etc.

Honestly I'm not an expert and this is cliche but try to look at what's going good in your life. Think about what you want out of life and if it is realistically attainable for person in your situation. If it is, then just focus on that and think about how you have that going for you.

That's all I can say think of saying for now.

BTW you can always get second opinion and you can even get meds from a walk in clinic doctor, as long as you aren't asking for stuff with potential for abuse/dangerous if abused.

When I got out of prison, my family doctor didn't wanna see me. I had to go to walk in clinic doctor to get meds for my mental problems but he gave them to me.

I'm a*suming you live in Toronto, Canada? Go to the walk in clinic near dundas square

Or call them, this is their number

The doctor is a young indian/Pakistani dude who technically works as an hiv doctor but he is mad chill and he'll help you out/see you if you need

This is the clinic number

416 361 6000
+19   

6 months ago '05        #8
barber 
Props total: 3401 3 K  Slaps total: 836 836
Tell your Psychiatrist to give you 100mg of sertraline, once that sh*t gets in your system you will laugh so hard & never look back!

6 months ago '19        #9
PolloFrito 
Props total: 1478 1 K  Slaps total: 115 115
You need to find another provider or talk to your gp. The profile for ssris isn't that serious, so the psychiatrist may not think you need it, and for good reason. While the profiles are mild, seratonin withdrawl can get pretty tough if you want to move on. Diet, multivitamins and daily exercise are good for Dysthymia or low incidence depression. If you find yourself unmotivated get a strong preworkout. As for the gp some of them will prescribe an ssri because it isn't seen as a heavy drug in smaller doses, they will just be concerned about withdrawl typically.

Hell rell talked about his depression and it was really telling. It is a bio chemical process.

Also, weed, alcohol and pr0n can make it worse. Oversleeping is destructive too.
+12   

6 months ago '19        #10
Soulvoyage2 
Props total: 14625 14 K  Slaps total: 2332 2 K
Shrooms..

Meditate.

Go outside..

Exercise..

Find a girl or two to entertain and get back to being yourself

I was once in deep depression and these things helped immensely.

I also read “the stranger” by Albert Camus because I had developed a “life is meaningless” perspective and reading this book somehow helped me begin to see things differently.

Also starting a family can change your life for the better when you begin to shift your focus away from friends and fun to the love you have for your babies and such

Live some life, take some chances, appreciate everything you do have, stay out of your head and emotions all day and don’t procrastinate.. make change NOW

Last edited by Soulvoyage2; 02-15-2022 at 05:15 PM..
+31   

6 months ago '04        #11
GetEmDaddy902 
Props total: 8069 8 K  Slaps total: 1600 1 K
Stay up bro, I been there and thur the motions, its to easy to let it get the best of us. Take a minute clear your head, set some minor goals and move the post every chance you can.

Honestly don' t know if you read Shook Ones By: Charlemagne
but I highly recommend it if you haven't

wish you the best, if you ever wanna vent hit me up G

+7   

6 months ago '04        #12
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 67722 67 K  Slaps total: 8066 8 K
Keep your head up my n*gga
Depression is normal…and it’s only TEMPORARY
It always gets better, if you want it to get better

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 02-15-2022 at 06:07 PM..
+8   

6 months ago '04        #13
skater118 
Props total: 3030 3 K  Slaps total: 319 319
Hang in there. We all go through our ups and downs. If you ever need someone to talk to, just shoot me a PM.
+2   

6 months ago '04        #14
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 29658 29 K  Slaps total: 5093 5 K
its like what comes first the chicken or the egg but if u cant mentally do it, then do it physically first. go out n see the nature (take a hike in the woods). or work out if thats your thing. whatever gets you off, put your body on the right path n prepare a sound vessel to house your mind

i've tried self medicating n shrink's pills but they wasnt right for me

worry not if you u think u aint aiight. mad ppl go thru this and grind it out. you can take pills to suppress if for a bit, but the root cause needs to be dealt with, otherwise you gon need those chemical help forever
+7   

6 months ago '16        #15
Bakwaas4va 
Props total: 854 854  Slaps total: 152 152
I have few questions for you
Are you in a relationship or married?
Do you have kids?

Define had a bad day?

Just wanna know before I vent and express my thoughts and feelings my G
+5   

6 months ago '18        #16
Twrecz 
Props total: 7910 7 K  Slaps total: 704 704
 Forza Nocta said
I feel you. Went through a little bit myself. If you don't already try exercising or something like boxing, martial arts,etc.

Hope you work through it mayne.
+2   

6 months ago '16        #17
vlwex 
Props total: 982 982  Slaps total: 89 89
If you got past demons you probably need to reconcile those. If you got current demons you need to find a way to figure them out and deal with them the best way you can (hopefully without drugs and alcohol). If there are things that genuinely enjoy that cause you or noone else harm, do them more.

We all get lonely, you're not alone. We all have too many thoughts from time to time that we can't figure out right away. When I'm thinking too much I pace. When i can't pace anymore i go for a walk. When I'm tired of being in my head, I call a friend or family member and get in their head and see what they got going on. Pandemic changed the way we have to communicate with ourselves and others.

That's all i got without actually knowing you. Hopefully me sharing some things I've learned that helped me a bit can benefit you in some way. Good luck man. You'll be good, cause you're getting your thoughts out. Bx is a wild place, but strangely enough, a decent support system.

Last edited by vlwex; 02-15-2022 at 05:33 PM..
+5   

6 months ago '21        #18
Gebril 
Props total: 155 155  Slaps total: 32 32
Let go of all the expectations my brother. You infinitely blessed just to be a human.

We all animals. But instead of living the way a lion or a zebra does (constantly struggling to survive and not be k*lled) we got it pretty easy on earth all things considered.

Just be. Thatís your only responsibility. Before you try to fix your problem, consider the fact that you might not have any.

Societyís fu*ked up and will have you thinking you bugging when you failing to meet the program.

sh*t be wack sometimes and thatís okay. Find peace in it, and donít set the bar at happiness. Happiness is fleeting by definition.

Most importantly, never ever commit that. You gon die one day I promise, worst case just be patient.
+15   

6 months ago '18        #19
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15793 15 K  Slaps total: 2981 2 K
 Gebril said
Let go of all the expectations my brother. You infinitely blessed just to be a human.

We all animals. But instead of living the way a lion or a zebra does (constantly struggling to survive and not be k*lled) we got it pretty easy on earth all things considered.

Just be. Thatís your only responsibility. Before you try to fix your problem, consider the fact that you might not have any.

Societyís fu*ked up and will have you thinking you bugging when you failing to meet the program.

sh*t be wack sometimes and thatís okay. Find peace in it, and donít set the bar at happiness. Happiness is fleeting by definition.

Most importantly, never ever commit that. You gon die one day I promise, worst case just be patient.
Minus sounding like he wearing a robe...for the most part this
+4   

6 months ago '15        #20
The Knuckle God 
Props total: 9911 9 K  Slaps total: 360 360
I've been going thru depression as well bro. My therapist said I can explore SSRI's if I'd like, but he said I sound straight enough to not have to go that route. I'm good on that anyway since I don't want to become too reliant on antidepressants.

I'm in the process of getting a dog since I heard they help a lot. My landlord is usually cool but he's being a pain in the a*s about a pet, so I have to get an ESA letter which is a process within itself.

Here's some things that help me out, working out/running/cycling, hanging out with friends, find a show or movie that holds your interests or uplifts you (even better off an edible), cut out toxic social media (even BX can be extremely negative), play video games, find a hobby or project. St. John's Wart is also a good vitamin to take since it's for depression.

Also remember to respect yourself. Don't put too much unnecessary pressure or set expectations that are hard to reach. Now that you know your mental state isn't where it needs to be, do whatever it takes to get it there, even if that means going off the grid for some time. I'm used to being the bachelor in my friend group, and lately I had to cut back on dating since I'm not in a good headspace to keep playing the field. A month or so to get your mind right will do you much better than dreading for an extended period of time. Life is long af, and this rough patch is minute in the grand scheme of things. Take care of yourself.

Good luck brother

Last edited by The Knuckle God; 02-15-2022 at 05:37 PM..
+6   

6 months ago '16        #21
Bakwaas4va 
Props total: 854 854  Slaps total: 152 152
 barber said
Tell your Psychiatrist to give you 100mg of sertraline, once that sh*t gets in your system you will laugh so hard & never look back!
Zoloft has some side effects that are not worth it...
+6   

6 months ago '14        #22
consigliereA  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 63600 63 K  Slaps total: 3697 3 K
Relevant thread..
+3   

6 months ago '19        #23
ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 22806 22 K  Slaps total: 5219 5 K
Are you an atheist OP?

6 months ago '14        #24
longliverick 
Props total: 16512 16 K  Slaps total: 8743 8 K
Find god Brody!
+1   

6 months ago '16        #25
DabGod 
Props total: 828 828  Slaps total: 209 209
 Forza Nocta said
Kundalini yoga/meditation daily, try to find kambo ceremony.

Sounds crazy but pulled me out of the depths of hell did that sh*t for 2 years straight now all i need to do is workout meditate a little bit and Iím straight. Itís an active thing though you need to reprogram your brain.
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-18online now  55
Video inside Video goes viral for taking the top off a big mac
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+38online now  37
Image(s) inside Aug 10 - An INFORMANT told the FBI what docs Trump was hiding...and wh..
165 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+41online now  31
Video inside Nipsey talks about the convo he had with puffy about giving up weed!
70 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+68online now  23
50 CENTíS ORIGINAL REFERENCE TRACK for ďTHE GAME - HIGHERĒ HAS LEAKED 🤯
256 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy