Shannon Sharpe Speaks on Broncos Hiring Hackett instead of Eric Bieniemy!

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

4 months ago '20        #1
3264 page views
73 comments

LegendKilla03  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x165
Props total: 131823 131 K  Slaps total: 22970 22 K
Shannon Sharpe Speaks on Broncos Hiring Hackett instead of Eric Bieniemy!

+15   

best
worst
73 comments

4 months ago '16        #2
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 113913 113 K  Slaps total: 15060 15 K
At this point I think Andy has let Bieniemy know that he’s the coach in waiting for whenever he retires. Dude been at this since 1999, I can see him going off into the sunset with a 2nd SB in the next 3 weeks. Would kinda explain why Eric hasn’t done many interviews this cycle. An opportunity [at some point] to coach the Chiefs with the roster that’s been put together is better than any of the open jobs. Keeps somebody from the outside coming in and changing what had been built.
+66   

4 months ago '20        #3
LegendKilla03  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x165 OP
 MHP Trotty said
At this point I think Andy has let Bieniemy know that he’s the coach in waiting for whenever he retires. Dude been at this since 1999, I can see him going off into the sunset with a 2nd SB in the next 3 weeks. Would kinda explain why Eric hasn’t done many interviews this cycle. An opportunity [at some point] to coach the Chiefs with the roster that’s been put together is better than any of the open jobs. Keeps somebody from the outside coming in and changing what had been built.
Good point
+17   

4 months ago '05        #4
pippen33 
Props total: 37280 37 K  Slaps total: 2942 2 K
 MHP Trotty said
Sounds good but Andy doesn't own The Chiefs, it's not his decision. It's possible that the owners don't want EB to be the head coach.

Mahomes opinion is more important than Andy. If Mahomes says he wants EB then he will get the job. If Mahomes is against it then he won't.
+16   

4 months ago '05        #5
HARBINGER  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 31667 31 K  Slaps total: 10058 10 K
I already know what he gonna say. Shannon need to stfu. don't hire the man because he's "black". Hire him because he can do the Job and he fits the job

4 months ago '05        #6
HARBINGER  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 31667 31 K  Slaps total: 10058 10 K
 pippen33 said
Sounds good but Andy doesn't own The Chiefs, it's not his decision. It's possible that the owners don't want EB to be the head coach.

Mahomes opinion is more important than Andy. If Mahomes says he wants EB then he will get the job. If Mahomes is against it then he won't.
that sounds casual but ok

4 months ago '18        #7
Mr Tibbs 
Props total: 32612 32 K  Slaps total: 3051 3 K
 MHP Trotty said
been saying this from the jump.

4 months ago '17        #8
Harasnart 
Props total: 16761 16 K  Slaps total: 10113 10 K
 MHP Trotty said
Andy can tell him anything.. it won't happen. Chiefs want white people to coach.

If you ain't White... you ain't right in the NFL. You can only play WR/RB...

4 months ago '19        #9
Dredagod7920 
Props total: 1092 1 K  Slaps total: 165 165
I’m hearing n*gga really can’t read. Don’t know how true is that but he can sure dial up some play designs.

4 months ago '18        #10
Mr Tibbs 
Props total: 32612 32 K  Slaps total: 3051 3 K
 Harasnart said
Andy can tell him anything.. it won't happen. Chiefs want white people to coach.

If you ain't White... you ain't right in the NFL. You can only play WR/RB...
herm edwards
romeo crennel

Last edited by Mr Tibbs; 01-28-2022 at 07:43 PM..
+18   

4 months ago '04        #11
regularjoe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 41079 41 K  Slaps total: 9543 9 K
I hope he’s lined up to take over for Andy.

I doubt there’s a conspiracy against him. Maybe he’s not a good interviewer. Idk enough about him specifically.

Last edited by regularjoe; 01-28-2022 at 08:31 PM..
+4   

4 months ago '08        #12
jtdatruth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6756 6 K  Slaps total: 689 689
 regularjoe said
I hope he’s lined up to take over for Andy.

I doubt there’s a conspiracy against him. Maybe he’s not a good interviewer. Idk enough about it him specifically.
Thats what they've been saying the last few HC search cycles...that he's been bad at his interviews. Between that and his past issues at the college level are the two main reasons that I keep seeing for why he hasn't been hired yet. I do think he deserves a chance especially with the way Andy be riding for him. I think whenever a team finally pulls the trigger on him they might end up with a gem.
+3   

4 months ago '18        #13
Capodecina  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39416 39 K  Slaps total: 2881 2 K
NFL has always been a good ole boys club
How many more examples do you need?

+12   

4 months ago '16        #14
 HARBINGER said
I already know what he gonna say. Shannon need to stfu. don't hire the man because he's "black". Hire him because he can do the Job and he fits the job
We need to be realistic about what we seeing. How many black offensive coordinators have gotten HC jobs? It’s probably 1/10th of black defensive coaches who’ve gotten HC jobs. They never give black men props for being an offensive “genius”. This the last frontier the old guard has to downplay the black man’s intelligence to play QB. Black QB’s have debunked it on the field, so the last thing they can hang on to is they can’t apply it on the sidelines.

You look at EB in KC and Leftwich in Tampa, “genius” is a word never given to them. It’s given to the HC and the a*sumption is these men’s job is to simply follow the HC’s orders with minimal input in organizing it. When things are working they get little credit because the a*sumption is they have minimal input, when things are going south they take all the blame because they have to be the one doing something wrong & messing up the HC’s vision. It’s a Lose, Lose.
+17   

4 months ago '18        #15
br82186  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 57717 57 K  Slaps total: 3879 3 K
I know the whole good black coordinator, stuck in purgatory to get a head coaching job, but I literally spate out my water when I heard that a McCown already got two calls for the head coach position after a year of coaching high school football!

It's like both Luke and Josh got videos to blackmail all NFL owners
+11   

4 months ago '10        #16
sho 2010  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 59350 59 K  Slaps total: 24587 24 K
SB .610 #11 (0)
Did he out do Stephen A?
+1   

4 months ago '05        #17
pippen33 
Props total: 37280 37 K  Slaps total: 2942 2 K
 HARBINGER said
that sounds casual but ok
Nothing casual about his $500M contract. If you think Mahomes won't have influence over who is the next HC then you are an idiot.
+8   

4 months ago '14        #18
NYSTATEOFMIND 
Props total: 14861 14 K  Slaps total: 873 873
Texans about to hire Josh Mccown- who has no coaching experience
Jonathan Gannon- DC for Philadelphia , his defense was subpar (can argue talent is part of the problem but still)
or Brian Flores (maybe he was just a Rooney rule interview)

seems like of these 3 one if an obvious choice and they didnt even consider interviewing Eric but interviewed Gannon and Mccown?

+5   

4 months ago '20        #19
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 63339 63 K  Slaps total: 20539 20 K
Denver wants rodgers....that's all this hires about
+11   

4 months ago '18        #20
Sandyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 62960 62 K  Slaps total: 11862 11 K
honestly it was easy for all Andy's other OC's to get jobs (Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy)

idk y nobody want Eric but it must be something we just not hearing about cause Leftwitch had the same role in the BUCS offense and got a job - and Eric been an OC longer than alot of these guys including Leftwitch

Last edited by Sandyy; 01-28-2022 at 08:06 PM..
+3   

4 months ago '17        #21
myPOWER 
Props total: 10753 10 K  Slaps total: 6398 6 K
Eric obviously isn’t qualified. This dude has had so many chances to interview and there have been black coaches hired since he’s been interviewing.

Multiple reports of him having red flags.

Broncos interviewed multiple black head coaches.

Jerod Mayo will be a HC before Eric.

If you wanna cry about race, this EB situation is not a good example

4 months ago '16        #22
 br82186 said
I know the whole good black coordinator, stuck in purgatory to get a head coaching job, but I literally spate out my water when I heard that a McCown already got two calls for the head coach position after a year of coaching high school football!

Josh McCown looks & talks the part of a HC.

The image to these folks is so attractive in terms of the face of a franchise, that they are completely overlooking his ability to even coach. His “expertise” on football comes from watching so much of it on the sidelines as Captain Clipboard. sh*t pathetic and a slap in the face to all these guys who been cutting they teeth 20+ years.
+6   

4 months ago '09        #23
PremoThaOne 
Props total: 4216 4 K  Slaps total: 769 769
Shannon Is Preaching To The Choir As Long As The Way Things Are That’s How They Will Be Players,Coaches Etc. Blacks Wanted Inclusion Now You Gotta Deal With Their Terms. You Make Up More Than 60% Of The League But No Ownership So How Can You Expect Any Different
+4   

4 months ago '17        #24
tu calmas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31318 31 K  Slaps total: 4715 4 K
Hope he stays in KC & they run up the rings. Grass ain't always greener.
+3   

4 months ago '20        #25
LegendKilla03  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x165 OP
 br82186 said

I almost fell of the sofa when he said that
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  26
Image(s) inside What's up with these n*ggas bringing batty riders back into style.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+43online now  25
Horror film based off Winnie the Pooh in the works; Winnie the Pooh: Blood & H..
117 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  20
Reseller Zadeh Kicks Leaves Customers With Millions in Outstanding Orders
59 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+22online now  19
May 25 - Officials say gunman was in the school for up to an hour before offic..
591 comments
19 hours ago
@news
 Closes in 2 hrs -  Dallas at Golden State - 9:00 PM
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy