Lil Cease On Biggie Taunting 2Pac In Jay-Z’s Dead Presidents Video By Saying “Who Shot Ya”

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 months ago '19        #1
1339 page views
51 comments

BKFinestMint  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 4814 4 K  Slaps total: 1781 1 K
Lil Cease On Biggie Taunting 2Pac In Jay-Z’s Dead Presidents Video By Saying “Who Shot Ya”

+7   

best
worst
51 comments

4 months ago '13        #2
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 140203 140 K  Slaps total: 55984 55 K
Thank u to the interviewer

Cease still tryna deny It

"i think it was before he was shot"

SMH interviewer clearly said in 1996

Pac was shot in 1994
+11   

4 months ago '11        #3
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 58642 58 K  Slaps total: 6051 6 K
 THEDONN said
Thank u to the interviewer

Cease still tryna deny It

"i think it was before he was shot"

SMH interviewer clearly said in 1996

Pac was shot in 1994
relax bro, "My Life"... The Mary J Album what "Who Shot Ya" was originally recorded for, dropped end of 94. Actually Pac got shot the day after Mary's album was released...

a friend of my family's moms worked at Interscope and i can say the promo copy been floating around since late-summer of 94 with that intro on it which means it was likely recorded whenever Flava In Ya Ear remix was recorded (due to LL being on both the remix and scrapped Mary intro), and that officially dropped end of July of 94...

So we talkin the actual recording likely to have been done anywhere between late 93- Spring of 94.

It was definitely already recorded before Pac got hit, now the ad-libs with Puff and additional verse definitely came shortly after the mary album, which is why the adlibs reference "95".

I never thought it was about Pac, back then n*ggas sat on songs and albums for damn near a year before the sh*t actually hit the shelves so it was common for songs to be made with references to the upcoming year. Same time, the timing of the songs and the growing tension didn't help do sh*t but help turn a match flame to a wildfire!

But yea, Who Shot Ya definitely wasn't recorded with some kind of prophesy of Pac getting shot... They didnt have issues prior to the shooting.
+9   

4 months ago '13        #4
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 140203 140 K  Slaps total: 55984 55 K
 Sinamatik CFR said
relax bro, "My Life"... The Mary J Album what "Who Shot Ya" was originally recorded for, dropped end of 94. Actually Pac got shot the day after Mary's album was released...

a friend of my family's moms worked at Interscope and i can say the promo copy been floating around since late-summer of 94 with that intro on it which means it was likely recorded whenever Flava In Ya Ear remix was recorded (due to LL being on both the remix and scrapped Mary intro), and that officially dropped end of July of 94...

So we talkin the actual recording likely to have been done anywhere between late 93- Spring of 94.

It was definitely already recorded before Pac got hit, now the ad-libs with Puff and additional verse definitely came shortly after the mary album, which is why the adlibs reference "95".

I never thought it was about Pac, back then n*ggas sat on songs and albums for damn near a year before the sh*t actually hit the shelves so it was common for songs to be made with references to the upcoming year. Same time, the timing of the songs and the growing tension didn't help do sh*t but help turn a match flame to a wildfire!

But yea, Who Shot Ya definitely wasn't recorded with some kind of prophesy of Pac getting shot... They didnt have issues prior to the shooting.
WHat the hell are u blabbing about?

DId u read the freakin thread title

sh*t is not about who shot ya song

Its about the convo in dead presidents video with biggie and what he said

+17   

4 months ago '04        #5
mprnc2000 
Props total: 6006 6 K  Slaps total: 2118 2 K
 THEDONN said

he didnt read the title
+7   

4 months ago '07        #6
A-L-P 
Props total: 9590 9 K  Slaps total: 1078 1 K
 THEDONN said

Cease talked about Who Shot Ya for half of the video, so that might be partly why dude wrote that post.
+2   

4 months ago '11        #7
 THEDONN said

not a ramble or was going at your post... just trying to figure out why people still think "Who Shot Ya" was about Pac and provided a timeline on it all...

my thing is this sh*t needs to be left alone already, we know what happened! The song was recorded before the shooting, Pac took it how he took it and went crazy for a whole year... Not sure what was the point of the interviewer asking cease abt the vid... It's common sense, where im from, if it looks like a duck and quacks, it damn sure aint a cat...

Interesting enough In 95 outside of Who Shot Ya, only thing Big dropped was features... be it other artists, Junior Mafia, that Black Panther soundtrack and ironically the track "Runnin (from the police) with Pac and others on it...

4 months ago '16        #8
144  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31504 31 K  Slaps total: 43680 43 K
What a full of sh*t interview, I'm sorry

I always liked Cease too
+5   

4 months ago '20        #9
LegendKilla03  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x165
Props total: 131842 131 K  Slaps total: 22971 22 K
 Sinamatik CFR said
not a ramble or was going at your post... just trying to figure out why people still think "Who Shot Ya" was about Pac and provided a timeline on it all...

my thing is this sh*t needs to be left alone already, we know what happened! The song was recorded before the shooting, Pac took it how he took it and went crazy for a whole year... Not sure what was the point of the interviewer asking cease abt the vid... It's common sense, where im from, if it looks like a duck and quacks, it damn sure aint a cat...

Interesting enough In 95 outside of Who Shot Ya, only thing Big dropped was features... be it other artists, Junior Mafia, that Black Panther soundtrack and ironically the track "Runnin (from the police) with Pac and others on it...
Bruh lemme tell u something.. I frequent utube and I read the comments closely and 2 Pac Fangirls/Groupies be in the comments of biggie songs and they nitpick and scrutinize every biggie line and try to make it about “2Pac” I mean songs that have absolutely Nothing to do with him they make Comments like “See he was talking about 2pac” or Look he throwing shots at 2 Pac.. for example go listen to Victory, My downfall, Player's Anthem etc and read the comments if u don’t believe what I’m saying.. it’s disgusting and they make it seem like biggie entire existence revolved around dissing 2 pac or wanting to be him @ @ @ @

Last edited by LegendKilla03; 01-28-2022 at 01:45 PM..
+3   

4 months ago '11        #10
 LegendKilla03 said
Bruh lemme tell u something.. I frequent utube and I read the comments closely and 2 Pac Fangirls/Groupies be in the comments of biggie songs and they nitpick and scrutinize every biggie line and try to make it about “2Pac” I mean songs that have absolutely Nothing to do with him they make Comments like “See he was talking about 2pac” or Look he throwing shots at 2 Pac.. for example go listen to Victory, My downfall, Player's Anthem etc and read the comments if u don’t believe what I’m saying.. it’s disgusting and they make it seem like biggie entire existence revolved around dissing 2 pac or wanting to be him @ @ @ @
lol, i just seen a thread on here trying to confirm Pac faked his death, lol!

4 months ago '20        #11
ProfessionalDon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 36415 36 K  Slaps total: 6606 6 K
 Sinamatik CFR said

Big recorded a verse after Pac got shot, song was reworked after Pac was shot

and released a few days after Pac got locked up

It may have not been a direct 2pac diss, but Diddy and Big knew what message it would send by reworking it and putting it out. They saw an opportunity to be controversial.

It only added fuel to the fire, lets all stop acting dumb, it was marketing to play off Pac getting shot. They never imagined Pac signing to death Row and getting right back at them with the same energy. Everyone thought Pac was finished, he became the butt of jokes

Last edited by ProfessionalDon; 01-28-2022 at 02:47 PM..
+13   

4 months ago '05        #12
HOAXone 
Props total: 313 313  Slaps total: 41 41
 ProfessionalDon said
Big recorded a verse after Pac got shot, song was reworked after Pac was shot

and released a few days after Pac got locked up

It may have not been a direct 2pac diss, but Diddy and Big knew what message it would send by reworking it and putting it out. They saw an opportunity to be controversial.

It only added fuel to the fire, lets all stop acting dumb, it was marketing to play off Pac getting shot. They never imagined Pac signing to death Row and getting right back at them with the same energy. Everyone thought Pac was finished, he became the butt of jokes
Were you around in 94-95? Pac dropped Me Against the World end of 1Q of 95. That record sold and was #1 for a cool while. It had hit singles and videos playing all the way through the year. Nobody thought Pac was finished, folks just did not know how it would be once he got out. The reality is that Pac also knew controversy sold. When Keith ran up on him, in LA, at the House of Blues…Pac’s response was “I’m just trying to make some money, ain’t no beef” so all these “artists” knew that any publicity is always good publicity. What Pac and others never thought would happen, is that the media would turn this into a whole East Coast vs West Coast beef. It was one label vs another (death Row vs Bad Boy) and nothing else. The media ran with it, turned into something bigger than it was and it started to get out of hand once you had two coasts going at each other as other artists began to jump in and that is when Pac was debating leaving death Row and doing something different.

Last edited by HOAXone; 01-28-2022 at 05:24 PM..
+2   

4 months ago '19        #13
GT33D3e  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3050 3 K  Slaps total: 289 289
 HOAXone said
Were you around in 94-95? Pac dropped Me Against the World end of 1Q of 95. That record sold and was #1 for a cool while. It had hit singles and videos playing all the way through the year. Nobody thought Pac was finished, folks just did not know how it would be once he got out. The reality is that Pac also knew controversy sold. When Keith ran up on him, in LA, at the House of Blues…Pac’s response was “I’m just trying to make some money, ain’t no beef” so all these “artists” knew that any publicity is always good publicity. What Pac and others never thought would happen, is that the media would turn this into a whole East Coast vs West Coast beef. It was one label vs another (death Row vs Bad Boy) and nothing else. The media ran with it, turned into something bigger than it was and it started to get out of hand once you had two coasts going at each other as other artists began to jump in and that is when Pac was debating leaving death Row and doing something different.
Pac even said everyone left him for dead and thought something would happen to him during the prison vibe interview.

Edit:

Last edited by GT33D3e; 01-28-2022 at 06:51 PM..
+3   

4 months ago '16        #14
144  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31504 31 K  Slaps total: 43680 43 K
What's crazy is the sh*t these New York rappers are coming with after having 25 years to get their stories straight.

Like Ghostface saying the Wu was ready to "set it off" at the 95 Source Awards, in that Drink Champs interview last year.

Shocking he would even make a clownish statement like that in 2021, I'm sorry. Even if you felt that way on the inside I wouldn't have said it in an interview 26 years later.
+7   

4 months ago '07        #15
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 81735 81 K  Slaps total: 8335 8 K
puffy was clearly using pac getting shot
2 promote his artists

pac wanted 2 put hands on puffy
their animosity to each other shouldn't be overlooked

who got timestamp of biggie sayin that ?

Last edited by Sincere730; 01-28-2022 at 06:56 PM..
+2   

4 months ago '13        #16
phxzeke 
Props total: 4110 4 K  Slaps total: 871 871
Now they want to talk, now that everybody is dead he wasn’t saying sh1t after hit em up came out
+3   

4 months ago '19        #17
 Sincere730 said
puffy was clearly using pac getting shot
2 promote his artists

pac wanted 2 put hands on puffy
their animosity to each other shouldn't be overlooked

who got timestamp of biggie sayin that ?

+5   

4 months ago '07        #18
 GT33D3e said

yea so um i
didn't hear biggie say anything

4 months ago '05        #19
HOAXone 
 GT33D3e said
Pac even said everyone left him for dead and thought something would happen to him during the prison vibe interview.

Edit:

His friends were not coming to see him. Has nothing to do with his career being on a downfall or the industry at that time thinking it was over for him as an artist. Why was he afraid in jail, because he knew the dudes that set him up were going to get at him in jail and succeed this time. Suge comes in, bails him out, now Pac has to ride for death row.

Pac’s career was far from over but Pac felt alienated by those who he thought would have his back while in jail.

4 months ago '11        #20
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 36917 36 K  Slaps total: 5149 5 K
 Sincere730 said
yea so um i
didn't hear biggie say anything
at 41 seconds
+3   

4 months ago '07        #21
 Tony Franks said
at 41 seconds

+3   

4 months ago '19        #22
 HOAXone said
His friends were not coming to see him. Has nothing to do with his career being on a downfall or the industry at that time thinking it was over for him as an artist. Why was he afraid in jail, because he knew the dudes that set him up were going to get at him in jail and succeed this time. Suge comes in, bails him out, now Pac has to ride for death row.

Pac’s career was far from over but Pac felt alienated by those who he thought would have his back while in jail.
I think the other guy speaking to you was stating that no one would’ve thought pac would bail out with deathrow and he would be stuck to serve his full sentence. Hence why he was saying puff and them were sh*tting on pac. Pac even said ThugLife was dead himself in there. His moral was beginning to fade before he got bailed out.
+3   

4 months ago '15        #23
Eternal Outlaw 
Props total: 3002 3 K  Slaps total: 171 171
 144000 said
What's crazy is the sh*t these New York rappers are coming with after having 25 years to get their stories straight.

Like Ghostface saying the Wu was ready to "set it off" at the 95 Source Awards, in that Drink Champs interview last year.

Shocking he would even make a clownish statement like that in 2021, I'm sorry. Even if you felt that way on the inside I wouldn't have said it in an interview 26 years later.
Yea you know that’s wild how they said cause if nore did his homework that would’ve been a good time to ask them about how pac helped rza get his chain back after getting it snatched out Vegas.
+1   

4 months ago '05        #24
HOAXone 
 GT33D3e said
I think the other guy speaking to you was stating that no one would’ve thought pac would bail out with deathrow and he would be stuck to serve his full sentence. Hence why he was saying puff and them were sh*tting on pac. Pac even said ThugLife was dead himself in there. His moral was beginning to fade before he got bailed out.
Well, there is truth to that in some sense. Pac and his label at the time, Jive, were not seeing eye to eye and truthfully not many other labels at the time were hesitant due to the fact that here you have an artist, who had just released one of his more successful records but was tied up in jail. This means no touring where most of the money is made, no videos and needing to record from jail. At that moment it was a huge investment. Suge stepped upped to the plate and made it happen. So in a sense Pac felt the industry and close friends turned their back on him. But no one thought his career was over, it was more of like how is he going to move forward and jump start it now once he was out of jail.
+2   

4 months ago '19        #25
 HOAXone said
Well, there is truth to that in some sense. Pac and his label at the time, Jive, were not seeing eye to eye and truthfully not many other labels at the time were hesitant due to the fact that here you have an artist, who had just released one of his more successful records but was tied up in jail. This means no touring where most of the money is made, no videos and needing to record from jail. At that moment it was a huge investment. Suge stepped upped to the plate and made it happen. So in a sense Pac felt the industry and close friends turned their back on him. But no one thought his career was over, it was more of like how is he going to move forward and jump start it now once he was out of jail.
Exactly. I think the other guy just didn’t word it right but I get where he was going with it.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  26
Image(s) inside What's up with these n*ggas bringing batty riders back into style.
77 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+22online now  19
May 25 - Officials say gunman was in the school for up to an hour before offic..
598 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  17
Did Marcus Jordan Sell his “Sole” in Backdoor Sneaker Scandal?
120 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+44online now  16
Horror film based off Winnie the Pooh in the works; Winnie the Pooh: Blood & H..
117 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy