Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel is kicking ass on Steam

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
24 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

4 months ago '12        #1
689 page views
17 comments

Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27030 27 K  Slaps total: 2393 2 K
Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel is kicking a*s on Steam

This might be the definitive edition of the popular TCG.

Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel has launched on Steam and, as what developer Konami calls the definitive digital edition of the trading card game, seems to have landed big-time. The free-to-play card-shuffler has been riding high in various Steam charts, most notably hitting a peak of 262,333 concurrent players (over the last 24 hours, the peak was 233,099), and boasts mostly positive reviews.

We'll have a review up soon, but the general sentiment around the game is that Konami has built a polished and promising foundation for digital Yu-Gi-Oh. The complaints are around things like the timer for each player's turn (too high at the moment), meta decks (the one-turn k*ll nonsense) and naturally the gem prices. As one wag noted, "the most powerful card in my deck is my mom's credit card."

The game is naturally PvP focused and doesn't yet include a casual mode: Though there are various solo story modes. The wider game is built around rotating tournaments and events and, with 10,000+ cards included, clearly a little familiarity will help a lot (and if you don't have that, here's our guide to getting started).

Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel kind of crept up: it didn't come out of nowhere, exactly, but this appears to be an excellent version of a card game that has decades of history and a devoted fanbase. It's nice to see Konami score a win anyway, and a reminder of the simple fact that good games attract lots of players.

visit this link Source
+1   

best
worst
17 comments

4 months ago '12        #2
Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 27030 27 K  Slaps total: 2393 2 K

4 months ago '14        #3
Duke Togo 
Props total: 2667 2 K  Slaps total: 162 162
I need those god card

4 months ago '06        #4
WhoSentU 
Props total: 1574 1 K  Slaps total: 61 61
I'm trying to get into this, but it makes me feel like I'm retarded. 6,000+ cards and most of them have huge bricks of text and multiple functions. I have no idea wtf I'm doing.
+6   

4 months ago '18        #5
dacoolestg 
Props total: 20146 20 K  Slaps total: 2616 2 K
can unplay on ps4?

4 months ago '10        #6
GoldenBoi92 
Props total: 488 488  Slaps total: 22 22
I been fu*kin em up on playstation its crossplay and free

4 months ago '14        #7
jaenyce757 
Props total: 6330 6 K  Slaps total: 626 626
My six samurai deck is k*ller

4 months ago '16        #8
rizzo1914 
Props total: 3511 3 K  Slaps total: 275 275
Psyframes ftw!

4 months ago '14        #9
215Philly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 111537 111 K  Slaps total: 37987 37 K
 Duke Togo said
I need those god card

Them cards only good in the cartoon
+2   

4 months ago '05        #10
Ari Gold  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11514 11 K  Slaps total: 2536 2 K
 215Philly said
Them cards only good in the cartoon
Still dope to own.

4 months ago '08        #11
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41865 41 K  Slaps total: 3208 3 K
Is this pay to win?

4 months ago '15        #12
Lito Guapalot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35207 35 K  Slaps total: 487 487
 Kewop Decam said
Is this pay to win?
Imo it isnt. You get a whole lot of gems that can be used to buy packs and even decks (2 or 3 available atm). A pack comes with 8 cards and costs 100 gems and 10 packs cost 1000.

Between starting yesterday and today I got hundreds of cards because they been generous with the gems and I got the available decks.

They have a battle pass type thing too and there is one that you can buy but you don't have to drop money on it. Instead you can use the gems that you rack up to get it and it only cost 600.

Solo mode teaches you about some decks and you use them. They ended up giving me one of them after winning one of the duels.

I would say try it out for yourself and see if you like it. Honestly reminds me of some of the GBA games so I'm enjoying it. This xyz, pendulum, synchron sh*t is going to take awhile to get used to because I stopped after yugioh gx
+3   

4 months ago '08        #13
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41865 41 K  Slaps total: 3208 3 K
 Lito Guapalot said
Imo it isnt. You get a whole lot of gems that can be used to buy packs and even decks (2 or 3 available atm). A pack comes with 8 cards and costs 100 gems and 10 packs cost 1000.

Between starting yesterday and today I got hundreds of cards because they been generous with the gems and I got the available decks.

They have a battle pass type thing too and there is one that you can buy but you don't have to drop money on it. Instead you can use the gems that you rack up to get it and it only cost 600.

Solo mode teaches you about some decks and you use them. They ended up giving me one of them after winning one of the duels.

I would say try it out for yourself and see if you like it. Honestly reminds me of some of the GBA games so I'm enjoying it. This xyz, pendulum, synchron sh*t is going to take awhile to get used to because I stopped after yugioh gx
Thanks! Yu gi oh was my sh*t in highschool. I built a toon world deck because of the cartoon but never really played the game with cards but did on the gameboy
+1   

4 months ago '21        #14
m0nk 
Props total: 1826 1 K  Slaps total: 250 250
waitin 4 ios version should be ne day now it alrdy came out in france or some sh*t
+1   

4 months ago '15        #15
edub911 
Props total: 9535 9 K  Slaps total: 1627 1 K
sh*t too slow for me

4 months ago '11        #16
gnelsonq09 
Props total: 1194 1 K  Slaps total: 125 125
This game seems pretty complicated. It could be me tho. I like Gwent better so far but we’ll see.

4 months ago '16        #17
Ravishing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 22275 22 K  Slaps total: 2052 2 K
Used to play Yugioh heavy on BYOND

Might mess with this. I see that it's also on Switch

4 months ago '15        #18
Lito Guapalot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35207 35 K  Slaps total: 487 487
 gnelsonq09 said
This game seems pretty complicated. It could be me tho. I like Gwent better so far but we’ll see.
It can be lol. All these newer effect, ritual and fusion cards got paragraphs and multiple effects. OG yugioh days were way easier to get into. My advice would be to use the decks you can get in the shop and solo mode. Or make a deck that fits a theme like dark magicians, dragons, etc.

This sh*t sounds like I got it together but I'm still learning all the newer sh*t myself and been catching Ls online lol. Truthfully I trying to use the older cards that I'm familiar with but some of these newer ones seem dope too tho
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+151online now  32
When that liquor kicks in
112 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+16online now  21
Video inside The New 2023 Range Rover Sport is Beautiful, High-Tech, and Minimalist
45 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  20
5/23..........mush mouth mumbles about her loss to asuka last week
215 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+22online now  8
Gervonta Davis is leaving Mayweather Promotions