Drake, Kenny, Cole, choose one

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+53  75
137 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

Who's the best artist?
Drake 28 27.72%
J Cole 25 24.75%
Kendrick Lamar 48 47.52%
Voters: 101.   (BX member poll)

4 months ago '19        #1
1167 page views
38 comments

ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 21388 21 K  Slaps total: 4906 4 K
Drake, Kenny, Cole, choose one

The 10s are over now, who out of the "big 3" everyone bring up was the best hip hop artist of the decade?
+2   

best
worst
38 comments

4 months ago '15        #2
The South 
Props total: 36542 36 K  Slaps total: 4633 4 K
Replay value - I’ll take Drake. Gotta be feature heavy tho. Not solo drake, except Passionfruit.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '18        #3
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 123824 123 K  Slaps total: 13728 13 K
Drake and it ain’t close

Them other n*ggas don’t care man. I may not like everything Drake drops but at least the n*gga out here putting in work every year. Giving us hits , going to war with n*ggas , bangin the baddest bi*ches , stuntin , doing real rapper sh*t.

Kendrick and Cole ain’t even provide no real competition for Drake . Them n*ggas let hip hop become what it is now, I blame them. They left the door wide open for Drake to take the crown, and now the streets have completely taken over after him .

Last edited by S-Class; 01-26-2022 at 08:03 PM..
+7   

4 months ago '19        #4
ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8 OP
Props total: 21388 21 K  Slaps total: 4906 4 K
 The South said
Replay value - Iíll take Drake. Gotta be feature heavy tho. Not solo drake, except Passionfruit.
I was bout to say what about Hold on we're going home then I realized that has a feature too

Passionfruit is a classic

4 months ago '14        #5
ADthe3rd 
Props total: 2902 2 K  Slaps total: 320 320
 The South said
Replay value - Iíll take Drake. Gotta be feature heavy tho. Not solo drake, except Passionfruit.
Then you don't like Drake You like his features
+3   

4 months ago '18        #6
TexasPlayaMayne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 21853 21 K  Slaps total: 16537 16 K
 S-Class said
Drake and it ainít close

Them other n*ggas donít care man. I may not like everything Drake drops but at least the n*gga out here putting in work every year. Giving us hits , going to war with n*ggas , bangin the baddest bi*ches , stuntin , doing real rapper sh*t.

Kendrick and Cole ainít even provide no real competition for Drake . Them n*ggas let hip hop become what it is now, I blame them. They left the door wide open for Drake to take the crown, and now the streets have completely taken over after him .
Boy repeating something you heard me say many many times.

They sit and watched Drake dominate, them n*ggas aint do a damn thang.

Drizzy did it all.

4 months ago '20        #7
OnlyFactz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x49
Props total: 125390 125 K  Slaps total: 12932 12 K
 S-Class said
Drake and it ainít close

Them other n*ggas donít care man. I may not like everything Drake drops but at least the n*gga out here putting in work every year. Giving us hits , going to war with n*ggas , bangin the baddest bi*ches , stuntin , doing real rapper sh*t.

Kendrick and Cole ainít even provide no real competition for Drake . Them n*ggas let hip hop become what it is now, I blame them. They left the door wide open for Drake to take the crown, and now the streets have completely taken over after him .
Hits mean nothing without a consensus/lauded album by your peers. Drake has put out nothing worthwhile of that status since Take Care (which I think is below average anyways). In Hip Hop, we judge discographies. Drake's is trash for the most part. Who has he gone to war with? Counting the women he's fu*ked and "stuntin" are a part of the criteria? Come on bruh. We're supposed to be talking "real rapper sh*t", not personal excess that every rapper can experience with a certain bank account.
+2   

4 months ago '06        #8
angelo noel 
Props total: 10638 10 K  Slaps total: 4145 4 K
Kendrick even he is overrated as fu*k

4 months ago '04        #9
Hardkore  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 14746 14 K  Slaps total: 1201 1 K
 The South said
i hate to say it too. i choose drake due to consistent replay value of his albums, especially his first 4.

i relate to a mix of j. Cole and Kendrickís upbringing and music way more than drakeís (playing basketball up til 14 years old, growin up in the hood, having a parent dealing with addiction, etc.)

The odd thing about drake music, man. 😂

i been smashin hoes to some of drake music since so far gone.

I will say Kendrick and j. Cole are better rappers than drake. Drake is a slightly better and more versatile artist than those two.

Take care and nothing was the same put drake in my top 10-15 best rappers ever list.

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '18        #10
 OnlyFactz100 said
Hits mean nothing without a consensus/lauded album by your peers. Drake has put out nothing worthwhile of that status since Take Care (which I think is below average anyways). In Hip Hop, we judge discographies. Drake's is trash for the most part. Who has he gone to war with? Counting the women he's fu*ked and "stuntin" are a part of the criteria? Come on bruh. We're supposed to be talking "real rapper sh*t", not personal excess that every rapper can experience with a certain bank account.
n*gga said hits donít matter lol

NWTS and IYRTITL were fire . Thereís no specific set of rules that say how weíre supposed to judge an artist. For the last 10 years Drake has dropped heat and heís been on top. You canít deny that. Overall heís done way more than Kendrick and Cole and he had the better verse on all the songs he did with them. I ainít saying he goat but if we talking about them three , heís the best. I always looked at Cole and Kendrick as Drakeís lil homies. He battled a bunch of n*ggas , he lost to Push but before that he had a fire track record when it came to beef. fu*kin the women and stuntin are just part of the overall legacy, that larger than life persona that all the greats had.

4 months ago '13        #11
DiegoRivera  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 74707 74 K  Slaps total: 5726 5 K
Drake took the top spot the most seriously, by far.

Kendrick dropped some of the greatest albums rap has ever seen tho. He proved to be a better student out of the 3 and helped elevate the art form.

TPAB is a top 10 rap album of all time. And when you look at the competition in that spot, as much as I like Drake and a number of Drake albums, he just can't compete in that arena.

He gave us moments. Some of the most exciting in music. But he just doesn't have an album with as much weight in it as the greats.
+4   

4 months ago '20        #12
OnlyFactz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x49
Props total: 125390 125 K  Slaps total: 12932 12 K
 S-Class said
n*gga said hits don’t matter lol

NWTS and IYRTITL were fire . There’s no specific set of rules that say how we’re supposed to judge an artist. For the last 10 years Drake has dropped heat and he’s been on top. You can’t deny that. Overall he’s done way more than Kendrick and Cole and he had the better verse on all the songs he did with them. I ain’t saying he goat but if we talking about them three , he’s the best. I always looked at Cole and Kendrick as Drake’s lil homies. He battled a bunch of n*ggas , he lost to Push but before that he had a fire track record when it came to beef. fu*kin the women and stuntin are just part of the overall legacy, that larger than life persona that all the greats had.
They don't matter when it comes to judging full length discographies. IYRTITL (which I like) was a mixtape and even if we count NWTS (trash), that's still 9 years ago. When comparing his discography to somebody like Kendrick's, it's incredibly weak. I'll give him credit for churning out hits as long as he has (with the help of others including riding waves) but that's it. A lot of it has become repetitive and dull but with hits in this day and age, you can stay afloat mainstream wise. Tyga and Saweetie are prime examples. That's why I look at hits as a flawed argument. Show me what you can do from a creative standpoint and make a decent album for once. He hasn't.

Again, anybody with a stable bank account and as large as his can fu*k bad bi*ches 7 days a week/stunt. That's not saying much to me from a Hip Hop perspective.

Last edited by OnlyFactz100; 01-26-2022 at 08:59 PM..
+3   

4 months ago '18        #13
HoopLife88 
Props total: 53482 53 K  Slaps total: 6921 6 K
Kendrick for me. Cole is dope. Drake is too pop for me
+2   

4 months ago '16        #14
415murph 
Props total: 673 673  Slaps total: 58 58
kendrick has the classic albums. two undisputed, to me damn is a classic too.

drake has the hits. the closest thing to a classic album he has to me is iyrtitl but people gonna remember his songs more than any album - and half those songs are r&b. but there is no question that he is the biggest rapper of his era by and its not even close - he is the closest thing to jay and in many ways is bigger than jay ever was.

cole stuck in the middle. the albums arent anywhere near as classic as kendricks, he never had the hits drake had.

i voted for kendrick. but he can fu*k up his legacy if he releases mid on his next few releases. drake is easily the biggest though.
+2   

4 months ago '17        #15
Pythagoras  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 57372 57 K  Slaps total: 12102 12 K
A bunch of quantity over quality n*ggas checking in above smh. Kendrick gave us 3 classic albums (Section 80, GKMC, TPAB) and one is a masterpiece (TPAB) in the 2010s. Easily Kendrick. n*ggas said Drake lmao.

Last edited by Pythagoras; 01-26-2022 at 08:59 PM..
+2   

4 months ago '16        #16
MrCiiNeMa 
Props total: 3503 3 K  Slaps total: 616 616
It is a bit strange how Kendrick and Cole moved. It added mystique and was cool for a little but I think they over did it and let themselves drift a bit into oblivion.

And now their era is end(ed/ing). Idk maybe it works out bc we’ll look back and say ‘yeah Kendrick only dropped X amount of albums, but he never released an emoji album called Certified Lover Boy’ type of deal

Drake dominated and it’s not even close. He passed the fu*kin Beatles…. He took rap into that convo and whether u fu*k with him or not, that’s a place neither Cole or Kendrick took it
+1   

4 months ago '17        #17
 S-Class said
n*gga said hits donít matter lol

NWTS and IYRTITL were fire . Thereís no specific set of rules that say how weíre supposed to judge an artist. For the last 10 years Drake has dropped heat and heís been on top. You canít deny that. Overall heís done way more than Kendrick and Cole and he had the better verse on all the songs he did with them. I ainít saying he goat but if we talking about them three , heís the best. I always looked at Cole and Kendrick as Drakeís lil homies. He battled a bunch of n*ggas , he lost to Push but before that he had a fire track record when it came to beef. fu*kin the women and stuntin are just part of the overall legacy, that larger than life persona that all the greats had.
Drake has no individual classics. IYRTITL is his closest. What a time to be alive is a classic but that's a future Collab. NWTS and Take Care are just good. Rest of his stuff is trash.

Oh and y'all gotta stop this pop star hits talk that's not what resonates and stands the test of time. Kendrick's music gonna stand the test of time. No one cares that Drake has a ton of white girl fans (and females in general) that don't listen to hip hop giving him hits.

That Toosie Slide and Hotline Bling sh*t is trash.

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '18        #18
 Pythagoras said
Drake has no individual classics. IYRTITL is his closest. What a time to be alive is a classic but that's a future Collab. NWTS and Take Care are just good. Rest of his stuff is trash.

Oh and y'all gotta stop this pop star hits talk that's not what resonates and stands the test of time. Kendrick's music gonna stand the test of time. No one cares that Drake has a ton of white girl fans (and females in general) that don't listen to hip hop giving him hits.

That Toosie Slide and Hotline Bling sh*t is trash.
Lol yeah well you obviously wasn't outside these last 10 years.

4 months ago '17        #19
 S-Class said
Lol yeah well you obviously wasn't outside these last 10 years.
What does this mean? Club music is usually trash bruh.

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '18        #20
 Pythagoras said
What does this mean? Club music is usually trash bruh.
It's not just club songs. He had some fire that wasn't in the clubs

4 months ago '04        #21
ddash 
Props total: 73147 73 K  Slaps total: 5607 5 K
Drake without a Doubt
Replay value and hits every year and versatile to play as well.Catalog crazy too

He smart and apart of music every year and keeping his name and sound out even when no project is out.

TPAB is top 10 album to me tho.He got Best Projects out of all of them

But 40 and Drake really cant be beat.That Sound>>

4 months ago '06        #22
Affectz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 17624 17 K  Slaps total: 12758 12 K
Drake
Kendrick could've been the one but he take his sweet time to drop ever since his debut album. Nothing wrong with that unless you hate waiting and lose interest waiting so long lol

4 months ago '15        #23
Laureltonbred 
Props total: 7377 7 K  Slaps total: 1137 1 K
I’ll say this..

Drake isn’t afraid to take the licks from the critics unlike Kendrick who last dropped an album goin on 5 years..

Cole nice and tad bit more consistent with releases but ima be honest, I can’t really do Coles music like that…

So ima choose Drake..

Sure technically speaking, Kenny & Jermaine raps better but it ain’t like it’s a huge distance between them & Drake.. but for sure they can’t do what Drake can, so I gotta get credence to that as well
+1   

4 months ago '15        #24
KoolKai  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 37050 37 K  Slaps total: 6635 6 K
Kendrick Lamar. He is in the only rapper on that list that is in my Top 5 Rap Artists of All-Time.

He's accomplished everything I look for in an artist.
+3   

4 months ago '17        #25
Rick Ross has more classic albums in the 2010s than Drake and n*ggas really on here talmbout Drake better than Kendrick because of God's Plan.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  22
Image(s) inside Jamaican beef patty ever made you speak a new language?
82 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+37online now  20
Image(s) inside Where did you start?
192 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  10
Did Marcus Jordan Sell his ďSoleĒ in Backdoor Sneaker Scandal?
130 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
-22online now  9
Article inside Have you ever come in physical contact with a famous rapper?
168 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy