Jan 26 - Is the Western diet causing a spike in autoimmune diseases? Is Grass Green?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
19 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 months ago '16        #1
1574 page views
45 comments

Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 49254 49 K  Slaps total: 5495 5 K
Jan 26 - Is the Western diet causing a spike in autoimmune diseases? Is Grass Green?

visit this link https://europeansting.com .. mune-diseases/

visit this link https://www.theguardian.c .. n-western-diet

visit this link https://www.mdpi.com/2072 .. 13/11/3956/htm

Autoimmune diseases are becoming more prevalent around the world.
They come about when the body’s immune system has difficulty distinguishing healthy cells from unhealthy microorganisms.
These diseases include type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
The global spread of Western diets is linked to higher levels of autoimmune disease.
Fancy a burger, a pizza, or maybe some fried chicken? Fast foods like these have become very popular around the world, but eating them regularly could be responsible for the global spike in cases of autoimmune diseases, scientists say.

Autoimmune conditions are those where the body’s immune system confuses healthy cells with unwelcome micro-organic intruders. They include type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis.

These conditions are becoming more prevalent, particularly in regions such as the Middle East and East Asia, where case numbers were previously very low, autoimmune expert James Lee of London’s Francis Crick Institute told The Observer.

The culprit is Western fast foods, which have gained in popularity and spread around the globe, according to Lee and fellow researcher Carola Vinuesa.

“Fast food diets lack certain important ingredients, such as fibre, and evidence suggests this alteration affects a person’s microbiome – the collection of microorganisms that we have in our gut and which play a key role in controlling various bodily functions,” Vinuesa told The Observer

Tens of millions of people develop autoimmune diseases in the US alone, and the number of cases has been increasing in recent decades.

A study led by Frederick Miller from the US National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences analyzed levels of antinuclear antibodies – biomarkers for autoimmune disease – in the blood serum of more than 14,000 people over a 25-year period. It also correlated this data to variables such as s*x, age, ethnicity, weight, smoking history and alcohol consumption.
The results found that concentrations of antinuclear antibodies increased from 11% in early samples in the late 1980s and early 1990s to almost 16% in the final ones in the 2010s.

In the UK, almost 7% of the population have at least one autoimmune disease, meaning around 4 million people are affected, according to National Voices, a leading coalition of health and social care charities in England.

The cost of treating worldwide cases of autoimmune diseases is spiralling. Image: Statista
Most autoimmune diseases can’t be cured, but many of them can be managed. However, the cost is high. The rise in case numbers means there was a more than fourfold increase in global spending on treating autoimmune conditions in 2011-20. The total hit $107 billion in 2020, and it is forecast to climb even further, to $140 billion by the end of 2022.

Finding the cause
Research is ongoing as to what causes these conditions, but a key question is why some people are more prone to contracting autoimmune conditions.

As well as diet, many variable factors are thought to play a role. Genes are important, although researchers are still trying to explain why some genetic variants create bigger risk factors.
Autoimmune diseases are more likely to affect women than men. Image: Nature
Gender is also significant, as autoimmune diseases are three times more likely to affect women than men, although research is yet to uncover the reason for this. As the chart above shows, some conditions are 16 times more common in women.

There is still a lot to do before the scientific community isolates the causes and effects of different autoimmune diseases.

And while there’s no quick fix to slow the spread of fast food culture, greater awareness of the link between diet and autoimmune diseases can’t be a bad place to start.
+7   

best
worst
45 comments

4 months ago '04        #2
skillahmang 
Props total: 67533 67 K  Slaps total: 13334 13 K
Carbs and Sugars
+9   

4 months ago '16        #3
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6 OP
some of yall will get your panties in a bunch & some of yall will act like this sh*t won't phase you. But for the people rn currently debating on a lifestyle change, I hope im reassuring you in your decision.

Ik leaving fast food is hard
( I was just looking at Whataburger earlier this month ) you gotta start somewhere though.
@

Last edited by Blunted Sultan; 01-26-2022 at 06:47 PM..
+19   

4 months ago '08        #4
MotorBoat Jones 
Props total: 6950 6 K  Slaps total: 622 622
Only 5-10% of all cancer cases can be attributed to genetic defects, whereas the remaining 90-95% have their roots in the environment and lifestyle.

+11   

4 months ago '04        #5
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 25361 25 K  Slaps total: 4499 4 K
all these processed foods from factories cant be good for any of us in the long run. i dont care so much about myself as im old but i am indeed concerned about the next generation. even if im conscious about it, its not easy to feed them right (time/money)
+7   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '17        #6
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 105302 105 K  Slaps total: 34549 34 K
Nothing more disgusting than the smell and taste of fast food, or watching fat people eat.
+8   

4 months ago '21        #7
Tehuti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17624 17 K  Slaps total: 5424 5 K
Remember when the same ppl telling you get the vaxx, lied to us about the "food pyramid". I do.

+12   

4 months ago '20        #8
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 58791 58 K  Slaps total: 10813 10 K
I say we have way to many antibiotics in the meats & pesticides on the vegetables / fruits
+8   

4 months ago '04        #9
SharkyLocz408 
Props total: 403 403  Slaps total: 52 52
You don't say?
+7   

4 months ago '20        #10
Habeas Corpus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 39158 39 K  Slaps total: 6529 6 K
Whole Food Plant Based Diet/Starch Based Diet

Low Oils, Low Fats

Thank Me Later

+7   

4 months ago '21        #11
Tehuti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17624 17 K  Slaps total: 5424 5 K

+16   

4 months ago '12        #12
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 202246 202 K  Slaps total: 11724 11 K
 Blunted Sultan said
some of yall will get your panties in a bunch & some of yall will act like this sh*t won't phase you. But for the people rn currently debating on a lifestyle change, I hope im reassuring you in your decision.

( I was just looking at Whataburger earlier this month ) you gotta start somewhere though.
@
Do that sh*t fam...I'm a bit of a health nut and I tell folks all the time while 'looking good' is a hell of a benefit...feeling great is way more important. I sleep good, couldn't tell you the last time I had a headache or any real illness(at one point in my life I had sinus infections, colds, and allergies right on schedule...especially really bad sinus infections), stomach issues/diarrhea and so on...I get compliments on my skin multiple times a week all the time for quite some time now and even had someone trying to convince me to do youtube videos for male skin/face treatment...I literally just drink my water, use a cheap a*s Aveeno face wash and exfoliator and I barely eat anything with sugar(no more than 15 carbs a day for me).

Once you hit 30 all that fast food bullsh*t hits you like a bag of bricks too and a big mac can slow your whole damn day down

But you don't even have to go extreme fam...just start with drinking more water during the day and adding 20-30 minutes of some sort of physical activity to your day....the results from that alone can change your whole sh*t up.

I box, cycle/go biking, jog, walk, lift weights, and right before the new year started I even ordered two skateboards and hit the park with my homie and his younger bro ..not trying to be cool - I just enjoy switching up the physical activity and doing some diff sh*t
+18   

4 months ago '20        #13
Habeas Corpus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 39158 39 K  Slaps total: 6529 6 K
 Tehuti said

Factssssssssssssssssssss
+2   

4 months ago '16        #14
 OldBusiness said
Do that sh*t fam...I'm a bit of a health nut and I tell folks all the time while 'looking good' is a hell of a benefit...feeling great is way more important. I sleep good, couldn't tell you the last time I had a headache or any real illness(at one point in my life I had sinus infections, colds, and allergies right on schedule...especially really bad sinus infections), stomach issues/diarrhea and so on...I get compliments on my skin multiple times a week all the time for quite some time now and even had someone trying to convince me to do youtube videos for male skin/face treatment...I literally just drink my water, use a cheap a*s Aveeno face wash and exfoliator and I barely eat anything with sugar(no more than 15 carbs a day for me).

Once you hit 30 all that fast food bullsh*t hits you like a bag of bricks too and a big mac can slow your whole damn day down

But you don't even have to go extreme fam...just start with drinking more water during the day and adding 20-30 minutes of some sort of physical activity to your day....the results from that alone can change your whole sh*t up.

I box, cycle/go biking, jog, walk, lift weights, and right before the new year started I even ordered two skateboards and hit the park with my homie and his younger bro ..not trying to be cool - I just enjoy switching up the physical activity and doing some diff sh*t
I actually don’t have health problems , major ones at least. Most people deal with digestive problems in some capacity yet can’t figure out that maybe they shouldn’t be eating the bullsh*t they eat daily talking about “it’s not bad”. My main priority is getting active alot more than I used to be. All that eating right & healthy I do for the most part, just a struggle figuring out what to eat since i’m not allergic or a picky eater.
Oh, and cutting back on the spicy foods.
+1   

4 months ago '16        #15
 SharkyLocz408 said
You don't say?
The way yall hype up McDonalds posts on here I can’t tell
+2   

4 months ago '08        #16
AC_89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 86544 86 K  Slaps total: 4002 4 K
 Habeas Corpus said
Whole Food Plant Based Diet/Starch Based Diet

Low Oils, Low Fats

Thank Me Later

What do you eat on the regular?
+1   

4 months ago '16        #17
 xbossxplayax said
all these processed foods from factories cant be good for any of us in the long run. i dont care so much about myself as im old but i am indeed concerned about the next generation. even if im conscious about it, its not easy to feed them right (time/money)

Respectfully , you should. I learned a lot of game from my old folks on food.
Still need to figure out if Government cheese was something they used regularly or not.
Time is the biggest issue most times.

4 months ago '17        #18
Thegreatiandi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30976 30 K  Slaps total: 2556 2 K
Has nothing to do with any of this... literally all issues are driven by vaccines, ya sheep

-Bx retards with 19 aliases

4 months ago '12        #19
 Blunted Sultan said
I actually don’t have health problems , major ones at least. Most people deal with digestive problems in some capacity yet can’t figure out that maybe they shouldn’t be eating the bullsh*t they eat daily talking about “it’s not bad”. My main priority is getting active alot more than I used to be. All that eating right & healthy I do for the most part, just a struggle figuring out what to eat since i’m not allergic or a picky eater.
Oh, and cutting back on the spicy foods.
I hear you...hell I have damn near ADHD and aside from boxing I get bored with most(I really get bored on the treadmill/or biking lol...can't explain it but I lose interest even though I do damn good on either of em) so I switch it up. LIke this week instead of jogging im doing boxing training, some yoga(Wife got me trying it), and a bit of skateboarding/jogging at the park and I lift weights everyday. Last week it was mostly boxing and biking around the neighborhood/town and resistance bands. I just try and switch it up since my main focus is just to atleast be active and work up a good sweat. On 'rest' days or 'chill' days I typically will just do my boxing training or goto the gym/my lessons with my trainer + stretching a lot....
I took Tae Kwon Do as a kid and even though stretching doesn't burn the most calories, it definitely keeps the blood flowing and keeps you loose/feeling good..I do these stretches and a few others around the house:

If you aren't doing strength training/trying to target specific areas(Leg days, arm days blah blah blah) and just wanna remain active just try switching it up and try sh*t you wouldn't normally do(Like me busting my a*s on the skateboard lol)

Edit: Oh yeah and aqua fit and dancing...my mother in law is 73 years old and sometimes to make her happy I go to LA Fitness and do aqua fit with them old ladies and while it makes her happy im doing something with her, the work out is actually damn good ...she goes to a line dancing class too and I be in that joint cutting up

Last edited by OldBusiness; 01-27-2022 at 12:40 AM..
+9   

4 months ago '12        #20
 xbossxplayax said
Like homie said you should...even if you don't wanna go all plant based/low carb blah blah blah if you just sub in a bottle of water where you normally would have something to drink that had sugar in it, or tossed back a bottle of water when you normally would have had some type of snack it helps.
+2   

4 months ago '16        #21
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 54129 54 K  Slaps total: 5418 5 K
All that red meat, dairy and sugar is kicking y'alls a*s.
+5   

4 months ago '17        #22
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x47
Props total: 110439 110 K  Slaps total: 32065 32 K
I just learned how bad sugar is. Eating organic is literally a necessity for life. 1 gram of refined sugar vs 30 grams natural sugar is probably around the same

Another example is you arent suppose to be drinking that much juice.

Think about the amount of juice in an apple or an orange. Theres a reason why theres that much.
+4   

4 months ago '16        #23
DeadPresident  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 9092 9 K  Slaps total: 1729 1 K
 Blunted Sultan said

@

I feel you, I just cut back to eating once maybe twice a day and just try healthier options. I slipped up yesterday and ate like shxt and now I’m paying for it this morning.

4 months ago '17        #24
TROY 
Props total: 16344 16 K  Slaps total: 1138 1 K
 00010111 said
All that red meat, dairy and sugar is kicking y'alls a*s.
Facts!!!!

My diet has a lot more greens and fruits now. Red meat I save for 1 or 2x per month

I cook with olive oil and use a little salt in my cooking. Now if only my girl would stop adding wild salt to sh*t…
+2   

4 months ago '04        #25
Youngporter 
Props total: 1530 1 K  Slaps total: 114 114
 Blunted Sultan said

@
Fam I know just stop drinking soda 2 days ago

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+149online now  38
When that liquor kicks in
112 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+30online now  21