Jan 26 - San Jose First City To Approve Forcing Gun Owners To Carry Liability Insurance

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+37  122
121 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 months ago '19        #1
487 page views
16 comments

The Dogefather  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 45161 45 K  Slaps total: 9775 9 K
Jan 26 - San Jose First City To Approve Forcing Gun Owners To Carry Liability Insurance

On Tuesday, San Jose, California, became the first city in the United States to approve a law requiring all gun owners to pay a fee and carry liability insurance.

“The Silicon Valley city’s council split the vote into two parts: the first approving the bulk of the proposal, including the insurance provisions, and the second approving the fee provisions. The insurance vote passed 10-1, while the fees vote passed 8-3. The ordinance must be approved next month at its final reading in order to take effect in August,” CNN reported.

“Under San Jose’s proposed law, gun owners would be charged an annual $25 fee directed to a nonprofit set up to distribute funds to gun crime prevention and to victims of gun violence. The measure also would require gun owners to obtain liability insurance that would cover damage caused by their weapon,” CNN added.

Prior to the vote, Dudley Brown, president of the National a*sociation for Gun Rights and executive director of the National Foundation for Gun Rights and an opponent of the proposed law, told CNN, “We’ve opposed this ordinance every step of the way and we will see this through to the end. … If the San Jose City Council actually votes to impose this ridiculous tax on the Constitutional right to gun ownership, our message is clear and simple: see you in court.”

After a mass shooting at a public transit rail yard in San Jose in May 2021 in which eight workers were k*lled, the San Jose city council unanimously approved drafting the ordinance calling for the restrictions on gun owners.

San Jose mayor Sam Liccardo, a Democrat, wrote in a Los Angeles Times op-ed last week:

We anticipate that a barrage of lawsuits from the firearm industry and gun rights advocates will follow. … Why should any city subject itself to litigation? Because now-common horrific reports of shootings throughout the nation do little more than elicit a performative parade of prayers and platitudes from Congress. Because problem-solving must be elevated over political posturing. …

Requiring every gun owner in my city to carry liability insurance will better compensate unintentional shooting victims and their families for medical and related expenses. More importantly, insurance can also incentivize safer gun ownership. Risk-adjusted premiums will encourage owners to take gun-safety courses, use gun safes or install child-safe trigger locks to reduce the annual toll of accidental gun harm. …

Gun rights advocates argue that gun owners should not have to pay a fee to exercise their constitutional right to bear arms. To be sure, the 2nd Amendment protects the rights of citizens to own guns, but it doesn’t require the public to subsidize gun ownership. …

Critics say that criminals won’t obey insurance or fee mandates — and they are right. But these ordinances create a legal mandate that gives police the means for at least the temporary forfeiture of guns from dangerous law-breakers.
+2   

best
worst
16 comments

4 months ago '17        #2
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 221537 221 K  Slaps total: 17541 17 K
Seems fair to me.

+6   

4 months ago '15        #3
Jad95 
Props total: 6331 6 K  Slaps total: 688 688
Once again....this just make it harder for the people who want to do things the right way. As for everybody else, they will still have illegal Glocks, Draco's, and ARs in the house and car. And that's black, white, or Hispanic. It's america. Law abiding citizens of San Jose took a L.
+7   

4 months ago '18        #4
SFamilyRep  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 129561 129 K  Slaps total: 15910 15 K
Another trumped up tax for the the citizens in the name for “safety”
+4   

4 months ago '04        #5
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 37665 37 K  Slaps total: 3824 3 K
Not passed yet.

4 months ago '20        #6
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 58541 58 K  Slaps total: 10780 10 K
And so it begins

4 months ago '17        #7
Lazy 
Props total: 33104 33 K  Slaps total: 4354 4 K
Imagine wanting drivers to have car insurance, but not wanting gun owners to have insurance

Y’all boys wild

4 months ago '20        #8
Mysticman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 60441 60 K  Slaps total: 18883 18 K
 Lazy said
Imagine wanting drivers to have car insurance, but not wanting gun owners to have insurance

Y’all boys wild
If you have car insurance that means your car insurance pays for the damaged you caused to my car by your vehicle and if I get into a wreck by a tree my car insurance will pay for the damages to my car, if I own a gun I gotta pay $25 a year cause n*ggas will be n*ggas and shoot innocent people that got nothing to do with me
+2   

4 months ago '17        #9
Lazy 
Props total: 33104 33 K  Slaps total: 4354 4 K
 Mysticman said
If you have car insurance that means your car insurance pays for the damaged you caused to my car by your vehicle and if I get into a wreck by a tree my car insurance will pay for the damages to my car, if I own a gun I gotta pay $25 a year cause n*ggas will be n*ggas and shoot innocent people that got nothing to do with me
Until you have to pay for any harm you or someone else caused with your gun

This is how I know y’all don’t pay for training and are out here untrained with guns

Crying about $25 y’all need some milk

Last edited by Lazy; 01-26-2022 at 03:56 PM..

4 months ago '17        #10
cabeast93 
Props total: 5963 5 K  Slaps total: 1053 1 K
sh*t definitely makes sense.
+1   

4 months ago '04        #11
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 40290 40 K  Slaps total: 8844 8 K
 Lazy said
Until you have to pay for any harm you or someone else caused with your gun

This is how I know y’all don’t pay for training and are out here untrained with guns

Crying about $25 y’all need some milk
You know the overwhelming majority of gun owners never even fire their weapons outside of a range? sh*t there are cops who spend their entire careers on the force and never fire their weapon once.

Also, the $25 is not the insurance premium. That's just the annual fee. Nobody knows how much insurance companies will charge for gun liability insurance. As if they even have that in place right now

another example of a good idea, ruined by horrible foresight and execution
+1   

4 months ago '16        #12
Stryder 
Props total: 2631 2 K  Slaps total: 589 589
 Jad95 said
Once again....this just make it harder for the people who want to do things the right way. As for everybody else, they will still have illegal Glocks, Draco's, and ARs in the house and car. And that's black, white, or Hispanic. It's america. Law abiding citizens of San Jose took a L.
How you pay insurance for your automobile

Why should taxpayers have to foot the bill for some dumbass that decides to leave his weapon out and someone shoots me with it
And if they are all for legal guns they shouldn't have a problem with getting insurance

4 months ago '05        #13
Soprano ATL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 33486 33 K  Slaps total: 2810 2 K
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
You know the overwhelming majority of gun owners never even fire their weapons outside of a range? sh*t there are cops who spend their entire careers on the force and never fire their weapon once.

Also, the $25 is not the insurance premium. That's just the annual fee. Nobody knows how much insurance companies will charge for gun liability insurance. As if they even have that in place right now

another example of a good idea, ruined by horrible foresight and execution
Insurance for gun owners isn’t new, and it’s great if you carry regularly. For like $300 a year it will cover bond, lawyers, appeals, civil suits, etc. If you fire a gun, legally, outside of the range, it will cost you 6 figures.

This is a tax on the 2nd amendment, though. Won’t hold up.
+3   

4 months ago '19        #14
tonysancho 
Props total: 21213 21 K  Slaps total: 635 635
Mofos think because they went 12 and 3 on Call of duty they're gun qualified.

4 months ago '19        #15
The Dogefather  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25 OP
Props total: 45161 45 K  Slaps total: 9775 9 K
 Soprano ATL said
Insurance for gun owners isn’t new, and it’s great if you carry regularly. For like $300 a year it will cover bond, lawyers, appeals, civil suits, etc. If you fire a gun, legally, outside of the range, it will cost you 6 figures.

This is a tax on the 2nd amendment, though. Won’t hold up.
We just had a dude plant a tracking device on his ex’s car, follow her to a date at Buffalo Wild Wings(gun free zone). Shot her date. Then a Good Samaritan pulled up his gun and capped the murderer. They tried throwing the back at him because it was a gun free zone but they dropped any charges and viewed it as him saving lives. Wild sh*t.

Double-murder case heading to county court

MIDDLEBURG – The man charged with shooting two Valley residents at Buffalo Wild Wings last summer is headed for criminal court.

55-year-old Christopher Fernanders of Paxinos is facing first degree murder charges in the deaths of 46-year-old Heather Campbell of Trevorton and 52-year-old Matthew Bowersox of Mifflinburg. The k*lling happened July 10 in Hummels Wharf at the restaurant in Monroe Marketplace.

District Justice John Reed held a preliminary hearing Tuesday afternoon, all of the charges were sent to Snyder County criminal court. Snyder County District Attorney Mike Piecuch says Fernanders is being held without bail, formal court arraignment is tentatively scheduled for January, and he says a pre-trial conference would follow in March.

State police say Fernanders tracked, stalked and shot his estranged ex-wife and Bowersox. A patron at the restaurant then shot Fernanders, putting him in the hospital for over a month.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+70online now  18
Image(s) inside Ron Perlman robbed of his fortune by bitter ex wife
140 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  15
Weed Plate Albums
227 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
Image(s) inside May 19 - Buffalo Shooter’s Family Blames Covid For Shooting
72 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+18online now  7
Video inside Flakko from No Jumper, says Young Thug deserves RICO case for ruining b..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy