Jan 25 - Here We Go With This Again: Feds Uncover Plan To Attack Power Grid

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 months ago '19        #1
1520 page views
27 comments

ITL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 10010 10 K  Slaps total: 1330 1 K
Jan 25 - Here We Go With This Again: Feds Uncover Plan To Attack Power Grid

Extremists see US power grid as target, gov’t report warns

WASHINGTON (AP) — Extremist groups in the United States appear to increasingly view attacking the power grid as a means of disrupting the country, according to a government report aimed at law enforcement agencies and utility operators.

Domestic extremists “have developed credible, specific plans to attack electricity infrastructure since at least 2020,” according to the report from the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis. The document, dated Monday, was obtained Tuesday by The a*sociated Press.

The report warns that extremists “adhering to a range of ideologies will likely continue to plot and encourage physical attacks against electrical infrastructure,” which includes more than 6,400 power plants and 450,000 miles of high-voltage transmission lines that span the country.

Experts on the U.S. power grid have pointed out that it would be difficult to knock out power to the nation given the size and decentralized nature of the grid. The DHS report also notes that attackers, without inside help at least, would be unlikely to produce widespread, multistate outages, though they could still do damage and cause injuries.

It comes as both the FBI and DHS have repeatedly warned in recent months that the U.S. faces a heightened threat from domestic extremists.

The grid is viewed as a target, based on a series of incidents in recent years as well as online discussions in extremist and conspiracy-minded forums, because transmission lines and substations are often in remote areas and because outages may result in frustration and divisions within American society, a federal law enforcement official said.

“They feel that disrupting the electrical supply will disrupt the ability of government to operate,” the official said on condition of anonymity to discuss a report that has not been publicly released. “And, secondly, by conducting attacks against the communications and electrical infrastructure, it will actually accelerate the coming civil war that they anticipate because it will disrupt the lives of so many people that they will lose faith in government.”

Some of these concerns are nearly a decade old. In 2014, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ordered grid operators to increase security following a sniper attack on the Pacific Gas & Electric Company’s Metcalf Transmission Substation in an isolated area southeast of San Jose, California. No arrests have been made in an a*sault that stunned authorities and could have disrupted power to Silicon Valley.

DHS noted the Metcalf incident in the report along with more recent incidents, including a suspected plot by white supremacist extremists to attack power stations in the southeastern U.S. as part of an effort to cause havoc if they disagreed with the outcome of the November 2020 election.

Asked about the report, the Edison Electric Institute, an a*sociation of companies that provide power to about 70% of the U.S. population, said it has been cooperating for years with the government to respond to a range of potential dangers.

“Our industry is working constantly to adapt to new and evolving threats to the grid, whether that’s by protecting against malicious threats like cyber and physical attacks or addressing the challenges of extreme weather caused by climate change,” Scott Aaronson, the a*sociation’s senior vice president for security and preparedness, said by email.

The report also mentioned four suspected extremists who were accused in October 2020 of a plot to damage transformers in Idaho and nearby states and the arrest in May 2020 of three alleged militia extremists, tied to the antigovernment Boogaloo movement, who were charged in a conspiracy to attack an electrical substation in Las Vegas.

“The electrical companies and state and local law enforcement need to be aware of this and need to take steps,” said the federal law enforcement official.

visit this link https://apnews.com/articl .. 787235caa7e4b8

New hits dropping soon
+6   

best
worst
27 comments

4 months ago '08        #2
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 14114 14 K  Slaps total: 2188 2 K
Cool

4 months ago '17        #3
THExTAKEOVER 
Props total: 25212 25 K  Slaps total: 2270 2 K
I hate to sound like a broken record.

But I gotta remind everyone that the water treatment facilities were hacked and breached.

If you forgot or didn’t know. They changed the chemical to water ratio. No official ever came out publicly and admitted on how much damage was really done.

So if your water tastes a lil funny. That’s why.
+30   

4 months ago '19        #4
ITL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10 OP
 THExTAKEOVER said

But I gotta remind everyone that the water treatment facilities were hacked and breached.

If you forgot or didnít know. They changed the chemical to water ratio. No official ever came out publicly and admitted on how much damage was really done.

So if your water tastes a lil funny. Thatís why.
When and where was this?
+7   

4 months ago '17        #5
Mamluke13 
Props total: 2559 2 K  Slaps total: 631 631
I hope these people get sent to a black site I'm a different country if they want to act like terrorist send them to gitmo u live in a great country if ur American and trying to destroy ur country u should be sent to Syria
+6   

4 months ago '17        #6
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 20563 20 K  Slaps total: 2069 2 K
 THExTAKEOVER said

If you forgot or didnít know. They changed the chemical to water ratio. No official ever came out publicly and admitted on how much damage was really done.

Haven't drank from the tap in years for this very reason. I only bathe in faucet water and that's it.
+4   

4 months ago '21        #7
Tehuti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17624 17 K  Slaps total: 5424 5 K

+7   

4 months ago '21        #8
Tehuti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17624 17 K  Slaps total: 5424 5 K
 ITL said
When and where was this?

+7   

4 months ago '19        #9
OaklandSmokin 
Props total: 12229 12 K  Slaps total: 836 836
I wouldnt be surprised if they let it happen just to justify a

Nevermind
+2   

4 months ago '11        #10
Ahhhsit 
Props total: 2017 2 K  Slaps total: 207 207
 THExTAKEOVER said

ITL said
When and where was this?
My man they DO do stories on this on your evening news trust me

But people don't really pay attention and it goes in one ear and right out the other

I've said on here many times that people need to pay attention to the real damage that these hackers can do

4 months ago '17        #11
Higher 
Props total: 1670 1 K  Slaps total: 202 202
over play for the under play!

Its them who are doing it!

They're just using 'extremists' as the

Scapegoat.
+8   

4 months ago '17        #12
THExTAKEOVER 
Props total: 25212 25 K  Slaps total: 2270 2 K
 Ahhhsit said
My man they DO do stories on this on your evening news trust me

But people don't really pay attention and it goes in one ear and right out the other

I've said on here many times that people need to pay attention to the real damage that these hackers can do
I know they do stories.

But itís only 1 story per situation. Like they say it once and itís done. The officials donít even come out and tell the public what went down.

Then years from now, everyone will be wondering why people are sick.
+3   

4 months ago '21        #13
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 24232 24 K  Slaps total: 3524 3 K
 ITL said
When and where was this?
like a year or 2 ago

4 months ago '11        #14
Ahhhsit 
Props total: 2017 2 K  Slaps total: 207 207
 THExTAKEOVER said
I know they do stories.

But itís only 1 story per situation. Like they say it once and itís done. The officials donít even come out and tell the public what went down.

Then years from now, everyone will be wondering why people are sick.
Right but you see some sh*t like this on the news and you (meaning the people) are not going to ask questions of your officials?

Come on man you know they don't want you to ask questions because they don't want to have to give you the answers which is... there is fu*king nothing they can do to stop these hacker's fu*kery. EVERY fu*kING THING is online and vulnerable to attack.
+1   

4 months ago '08        #15
606robin 
Props total: 19278 19 K  Slaps total: 1211 1 K
They let "extremists" run through the capitol when supposed "brown terrorists" who dropped the towers never did such a thing in 20+ years.
+3   

4 months ago '19        #16
HaterVision  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 11508 11 K  Slaps total: 5218 5 K
When they tell you to look out for something. They're just giving you a heads up for what they about to do.

They always have to show you or tell you before they do something.

Public Enemy titled their Album about.

+6   

4 months ago '11        #17
dymablink  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17516 17 K  Slaps total: 4475 4 K
Op, wonder if this got something to do with that simulated meeting they had recently to simulate a cyber attack kinda how they did a pandemic simulation in 2018. Something fishy brewing

4 months ago '19        #18
ITL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10 OP
Test run in Asia?

Blackout in Central Asia - problems with electricity observed in Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan. The metro in Tashkent has suspended operations

Massive blackouts reported in Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan being blamed on "an accident in the regional energy grid".

Last edited by ITL; 01-25-2022 at 10:41 PM..
+3   

4 months ago '16        #19
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 135067 135 K  Slaps total: 27493 27 K
they all on the same team

Phase 5: Establish chaos and Martial law. (November 2021-March 2022)
> – Exploit the shortage of goods and food.
> – Cause the paralysis of the real economy and the closure of factories and shops.
> – Let unemployment explode.
> – Apply a third dose to the vaxx (boosters).
> – Take up the murder of the living old men.
> – Impose compulsory vaccination for all.
> – Amplify the myth of variants, the efficacy of the vaccine and the immunity of the herd.
> – Demonize the anti-vaxx and hold them responsible for the dead.
> – Arrest opposition leaders.
> – Impose digital identity on everyone (QR code): Birth certificate, identity document, passport, driving license, health insurance card …
> – Establish martial law to defeat the opposition.
> Result, Second stage of digital control. Imprisonment or removal of opponents.

Phase 6: Cancel the debts and dematerialize the money. (March 2022-September 2022)
> – Trigger the economic, financial and stock market collapse, the bankruptcy of the banks.
> – To rescue the losses of the banks in the accounts of their clients.
> – Activate the ęGreat ResetĽ.
> – De-materialize money.
> – Cancel debts, loans and loans.
> – Impose the digital portfolio. (Digital Wallet)
> – Seize properties and land.
> – Ban all global medicines.
> – Confirm the obligation to vaccinate semi-annually or annually.
> – Impose food rationing and a diet based on the Codex Alimentarius.
> – Extend the measures to emerging countries.
> Result, Third stage of digital control. Extension of the N.O.M. to the whole planet.
+1   

4 months ago '16        #20
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 125869 125 K  Slaps total: 13761 13 K
 THExTAKEOVER said

Yeah i work for a water company in georgia and its pretty much standard policy in this region that you have to sign an nda before they hire you.
+1   

4 months ago '04        #21
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 25361 25 K  Slaps total: 4499 4 K
isnt the agricultural sector all digital now too, with like only two ppl overseeing the entire nations crops and herd

4 months ago '10        #22
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 45139 45 K  Slaps total: 6620 6 K
What's new about this? The article said these concerns go back to a report from 2014. 8 years ago. I'm sure you can find government reports on threats to the power grid going back 50-60 years ago too. Every country has this as a national security concern.

The Federal Government first declared war against the KKK over 100 years ago. You still see them do reports about the rise of White supremacist groups every year.

Don't get it twisted. The Feds don't go against these groups because of their racist tendencies. It is just white supremacist groups also happen to have an anti-government angle to them too. See Ruby Ridge, Oklahoma City bombing, etc.
+1   

4 months ago '04        #23
SharkyLocz408 
Props total: 403 403  Slaps total: 52 52
 THExTAKEOVER said

What do I look up to research this?

4 months ago '16        #24
Joesticka 
Props total: 1007 1 K  Slaps total: 172 172
Any government building 100% has generators so that’s a fail if they’re targeting the govt

4 months ago '05        #25
SquirrelXss 
Props total: 10873 10 K  Slaps total: 3115 3 K
These. "Extemist" that this article is portraying are more than likely ex mil who have a basic understanding of how to destabilize a area....so yes disabling the power, roads, infrastructure isnt so far fetched.

Article is just stoking the fears of people who dont understand we literally do this sh*t for a living in other countries.
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+148online now  28
When that liquor kicks in
112 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+22online now  17
Gervonta Davis is leaving Mayweather Promotions