Jan 25 - Women who came in contact with escaped monkeys has fallen sick.

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+33  94
108 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news /page 2

4 months ago '17        #1
3053 page views
83 comments

TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 126524 126 K  Slaps total: 16440 16 K
Jan 25 - Women who came in contact with escaped monkeys has fallen sick.

This is like some cheesy b-rated movie.

Danville, PA Michelle Fallon is living a nightmare. And, shes ready to put that nightmare on record.

The Danville woman is now experiencing symptoms, believed to be related to her close encounter with wild monkeys, when the trailer they were riding in collided with a dump truck and unloaded their cages all over Route 54, close to I-80, on Friday afternoon. (The monkeys were destined for an unidentified Centers for Disease Control lab, in the Midwest.)

The following day, Fallon developed a cough and something that resembled pink-eye. And, by Sunday, she was visiting the Geisinger Medical Center emergency room, where infectious disease doctors were consulted. Fallon has since received her first (of 4) preventative rabies shots; as well as a prescription for a 14-day course of Valacyclovir.

The stay-at-home mom, who shared that she was fully vaccinated and received her booster, was also tested for Covid, but the results at the ER were negative.

Fallon is still processing the sequence of events that unfolded on Friday. She pulled over to check on the condition of the accident victims, but she said they were more concerned about press coverage of the incident.

The driver of the truck hauling the monkeys, identified in a press release from PA State Police, as Cody M. Brooks, 31, of Keystone Heights, FL even went so far as to put his hand in the camera of a local Press-Enterprise reporter. He was very, very upset, said Fallon. He was in a panic. Brooks passenger, Daniel G. Adkins, 59, of Florahome, FL required transport to Geisinger Medical Center for an injury.

Many questions remain unanswered for Fallon, like what are these monkeys possibly infected with? Why wasnt the vehicle marked indicating it was carrying potentially bio-hazardous contents? Why were the three monkeys that fled instantly euthanized and not captured? What did the CDC tell her doctor to test for?

Nothing forewarned Fallon that she was putting her health at risk. It was only after her risky encounter, when a CDC representative who appeared on the scene, advised her to watch for symptoms and to alert her primary care doctor. She also said the CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health would be in touch (see letters).

This has been a nightmare, she said. I had no idea doing a good deed like this could get me a rabies shot and put me in this situation.

Fallon was simply showing compassion; she told the trailer driver that hes in Danville, we take care of people. Now, shes the one needing care.

Fallon said there were other motorists who stopped at the scene. Fallon could not identify those people but suspected some might also have been put at risk. The email from PA DOH indicated that efforts would be made to track them down with the a*sistance of police

Those who believe they may have had contact with the monkeys are asked, per the CDC letter, to seek medical attention and contact PA DOH at (717) 787-3350.

The three monkeys who fled from the scene were euthanized. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has since issued a statement on this incident, indicating that the organization has filed a complaint with the US Department of Agricultures Director of Animal Welfare Operations, asking him to investigate the treatment of these monkeys. They report that the USDA has now confirmed that its investigating.

Exactly. What are the odds of that?

Last edited by TheLastNonEarth; 01-25-2022 at 05:41 AM..
+14   

best
worst
83 comments

4 months ago '05        #2
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 21105 21 K  Slaps total: 7266 7 K

+20   

4 months ago '14        #3
JoMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9887 9 K  Slaps total: 1080 1 K
+6   

4 months ago '16        #4
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 135064 135 K  Slaps total: 27493 27 K
the monkeys is the new variant donkey kong kron
+57   

4 months ago '16        #5
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 53971 53 K  Slaps total: 5403 5 K
That isn't the whole story.

+30   

4 months ago '16        #6
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 135064 135 K  Slaps total: 27493 27 K
ashe 3 monkeys

go apesh*t on the covid creators
+5   

4 months ago '21        #7
JayMurdoch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 21263 21 K  Slaps total: 3467 3 K
Nice, follow up to this thread I posted 2 days ago

They're already rolling out the next pandemic, I called it.
+9   

4 months ago '06        #8
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 107200 107 K  Slaps total: 22341 22 K
Lmao the Collective IQ of everybody above this post is below freezing

4 months ago '21        #9
Driver who stopped to help when truck carrying 100 lab monkeys crashed in Pennsylvania and put her hand in one of the cages says she now has a cough and pink eye after one of the macaques HISSED in her face

Woman who stopped to help monkeys in truck crash is now feeling unwell
Michelle Fallon, from Danville near Scranton, was directly behind the truck
Fallon said the day following the accident she developed a cough and pink-eye
She has begun a course of antiviral drugs and treatment to prevent rabies
The last of the four escaped monkeys was accounted for by late Saturday
One of the cynomolgus macaques, which are also known as crab-eating or long-tailed macaques, was found in a tree
Pennsylvania residents had been warned not to engage a crab-eating macaque that escaped from a truck carrying 100 of them to a lab
Crates with live monkeys inside were strewn across State Route 54 in Danville, 130 miles from Philadelphia, after the crash
A witness said he thought he saw a cat run across the road before making the shocking realization that it was actually a fleeing primate
Full article

+1   

4 months ago '15        #10
PineappleOG  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47813 47 K  Slaps total: 9192 9 K
 JayMurdoch said

at thinking humans control sh*t and were not victims to nature still. Stay scare I guess
+2   

4 months ago '21        #11
 PineappleOG said
at thinking humans control sh*t and were not victims to nature still. Stay scare I guess
If I was scared I'd be vaccinated

+13   

4 months ago '15        #12
 JayMurdoch said
If I was scared I'd be vaccinated

No it means youre even more scared. Over 90% of adults in this country received at least 1 shot. Coward

4 months ago '21        #13
 PineappleOG said
No it means youre even more scared. Over 90% of adults in this country received at least 1 shot. Coward

I can't think of a single reason to take a shot for a illness that has a 99% survival rate....I've never even taken a flu shot in my life.

how many do you have?

+12   

4 months ago '20        #14
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 101053 101 K  Slaps total: 7519 7 K

+6   

4 months ago '15        #15
 JayMurdoch said
I can't think of a single reason to take a shot for a illness that has a 99% survival rate....I've never even taken a flu shot in my life.

how many do you have?

Its okay you're obviously scared, we all got the vaccine with the same information, 99% survival rate. A lot of people take advantage of scientific advances like flu shots to help protect themselves. You must be a basement dweller, where you don't even live life to take it for granted anyways, health is wealth, and less risks>>>>>more risks. Since you care about probability so much, that should easily compute.

4 months ago '21        #16
 PineappleOG said
Its okay you're obviously scared, we all got the vaccine with the same information, 99% survival rate. A lot of people take advantage of scientific advances like flu shots to help protect themselves. You must be a basement dweller, where you don't even live life to take it for granted anyways, health is wealth, and less risks>>>>>more risks. Since you care about probability so much, that should easily compute.
That whole post is one giant a*sumption, you got a talent for making an a*s of yourself. You're desperately seeking attention for whatever reason, I'm not interested.

Good luck with your shots

+5   

4 months ago '15        #17
 JayMurdoch said
That whole post is one giant a*sumption, you got a talent for making an a*s of yourself. You're desperately seeking attention for whatever reason, I'm not interested.

Good luck with your shots

Good luck being scared. Eager to hear the next thing yall cowards scared of.

4 months ago '16        #18
Toast2the  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 58794 58 K  Slaps total: 8702 8 K

+2   

4 months ago '21        #19
 PineappleOG said
Good luck being scared. Eager to hear the next thing yall cowards scared of.

......eager to hear how many shots you take for whatever it is.

+3   

4 months ago '05        #20
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 21105 21 K  Slaps total: 7266 7 K
 Skateboard T said
Lmao the Collective IQ of everybody above this post is below freezing

4 months ago '11        #21
Pakchoy 
Props total: 77066 77 K  Slaps total: 1208 1 K
 JayMurdoch said

They were sending the monkeys to FL. I wonder why...... Trying to blame FL for the next outbreak of what ever bs this is.
+3   

4 months ago '21        #22
GoldenKnight 
Props total: 6249 6 K  Slaps total: 3995 3 K
Here comes 6 more jabs for the submissive lab rats
@ @

+2   

4 months ago '21        #23
Fras 
Props total: 8587 8 K  Slaps total: 7883 7 K
 foshoVoodoo said
the monkeys is the new variant donkey kong kron
Odonkeykron

+3   

4 months ago '15        #24
black tesla 
Props total: 7568 7 K  Slaps total: 516 516
What am I missing. I admit, I read through the article fast. Did the sick woman come in physical contact with the monkey? I understand she's supposedly sick but who or what did she come in contact with at the scene?
+1   

4 months ago '17        #25
Its 
Props total: 37114 37 K  Slaps total: 2840 2 K
Tired of you weird a*s n*ggas

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  13
Image(s) inside May 19 - Buffalo Shooters Family Blames Covid For Shooting
71 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  10
Weed Plate Albums
226 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+66online now  9
Image(s) inside Ron Perlman robbed of his fortune by bitter ex wife
138 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  9
May 19 - Canada reports 17 suspected cases of Monkeypox predominantly in gay men
183 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy