WBA Orders Gervonta Davis Vs. Rolando Romerto Fight

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

4 months ago '14        #1
1464 page views
38 comments

iDisrespectHoez 
Props total: 13523 13 K  Slaps total: 750 750
WBA Orders Gervonta Davis Vs. Rolando Romerto f*ght

On Monday, the WBA ‘regular’ lightweight champion Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis has been ordered by the World Boxing a*sociation to begin negotiations with #1 ranked contender Rolando Romero.

The Gervonta Davis vs. Rolando Romero f*ght is expected to be shown on Showtime pay-per-view, which won’t make boxing fans happy because it’s NOT a PPV-worthy f*ght. Fans have to get used to it, though, because all of Tank Davis’ f*ghts are going to be on PPV until his career is over.

The negotiations have until February 24th before a purse bid is scheduled to take place.

For Mayweather Promotions, this news must make them quite happy, as Tank Davis and Romero (14-0, 12 KOs) are both signed with their company. It’ll be an in-house f*ght for Mayweather Promotions, so it’s a no-brainer for them. Sean Jones won’t be surprised if we see a rematch between Tank and Rolando, even if one isn’t needed.

It’s a win-win for Mayweather Promotions that Tank Davis and Rolando Romero will be meeting up on Showtime PPV.

Moreover, this was a f*ght they were expected to make anyway once the 26-year-old Romero was cleared of his recent s*xual a*sault allegations.

Gervonta (26-0, 24 KOs) had been scheduled to defend against former WBA interim 135-lb champion Romero, who previously went by the nickname ‘Rolly’, for December 5th last month on Showtime pay-per-view at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Due to the allegations made against Romero, he was pulled from the card and replaced by Isaac ‘Pitbull’ Cruz, and he wound up giving Tank Davis the f*ght of his life, pressuring him nonstop and forcing him to flee in the championship rounds after gassing out.

Tank wound up winning a controversial 12 round unanimous decision, but the boxing public viewed it as a win for Pitbull Cruz. The scores were 115-113, 115-113, and 116-112. Sean Jones scored it for Pitbull Cruz by a 115-113.

Yeah, it was another terrible decision, but it’s not surprising that the judges gave it to Tank Davis because he was the A-side and his opponent wasn’t a big name at the time.

Davis vs. Romero will make some boxing fans happy, as they like the trash-talking that Rolando was doing when he was previously scheduled to f*ght Gervonta last December.

The boxing world would prefer to see Tank Davis f*ght a bigger name at 135 like one of these guys:

George Kambosos Jr
Devin Haney
Ryan Garcia
Jorge Linares
Vasily Lomachenko
Michel Rivera
Isaac ‘Pitbull’ Cruz
Richard Commey
William Zepeda
Rolando Romer’s recent wins:

Anthony Yigit – TKO 7
Avery Sparrow – TKO 7
Jackson Marinez – UD 12 [* controversial]
Arturs Ahmetovs – TKO 2
Juan Carlos Cardones – TKO 1
Andres Figueroa – TKO 4

Romero lost a lot of credibility with his controversial 12 round decision victory over Jackson Marinez in August 2020. Boxing fans believe that Marinez did more than enough to rate the victory, but instead, Romero had his hand raised and was loudly booed.

Where Mayweather Promotions dropped the ball is choosing not to set up a rematch between Rolando and Marinez to clear up the controversy. As a result, Romero is looked at as having won a controversial decision, and fans see him as a flawed f*ghter that was given a gift.

Romero isn’t expected to beat Tank Davis or even be competitive for that matter. Mayweather Promotions are arguably stunting Tank Davis’ career by only matching him against other PBC and f*ghters from their own stable rather than the elite guys.

+10   

best
worst
38 comments

4 months ago '10        #2
jmheight1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 32078 32 K  Slaps total: 4716 4 K
*Gervonta Davis and Mayweather Promotions orders another sh*t f*ght for Tank
+23   

4 months ago '14        #3
iDisrespectHoez  OP
 jmheight1 said
*Gervonta and Mayweather Promotions orders another sh*t f*ght for Tank
Yessir but I was just listening The Boxing Voice and they said after this f*ght he would be f*ghting the bigger names so lets see how that holds up.
+3   

4 months ago '10        #4
 iDisrespectHoez said
Yessir but I was just listening The Boxing Voice and they said after this f*ght he would be f*ghting the bigger names so lets see how that holds up.
Same story every year
+17   

4 months ago '14        #5
iDisrespectHoez  OP
 jmheight1 said
Same story every year
He's going to have to because when you think about it, there isn't nobody else to f*ght unless he moves up and f*ght the cans there.
+6   

4 months ago '16        #6
Ldogg310v2 
Props total: 18807 18 K  Slaps total: 1780 1 K
Loma and Kambosos both can beat tank.

I don't see anyone else at 135 beating tank. Pitbull would be interesting because of his chin and his grit. I think tank still gets the W though.
+5   

4 months ago '04        #7
Yunghogg_Htx  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7381 7 K  Slaps total: 674 674
+3   

4 months ago '08        #8
freshprinceoflb 
Props total: 861 861  Slaps total: 87 87
 Ldogg310v2 said

I don't see anyone else at 135 beating tank. Pitbull would be interesting because of his chin and his grit. I think tank still gets the W though.
He would knock out Kambosos, I don't think he beats Haney at 135. I also see Shakur Stevenson beating him as well at any weight.
+7   

4 months ago '14        #9
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 35953 35 K  Slaps total: 10036 10 K
Tank wack ngl. Bro f*ght a real f*ght

4 months ago '11        #10
UrDoinGood 
Props total: 11013 11 K  Slaps total: 2273 2 K
Not paying or watching until he f*ghts real boxers
+5   

4 months ago '18        #11
iTrap  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9690 9 K  Slaps total: 1665 1 K
 UrDoinGood said
Not paying or watching until he f*ghts real boxers
Pirating big time 😤.
+3   

4 months ago '06        #12
StillFree28  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16085 16 K  Slaps total: 413 413
Another one to the Shadow Realm
+2   

4 months ago '10        #13
sho 2010  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 59381 59 K  Slaps total: 24599 24 K
SB .610 #11 (0)
Trap f*ght

4 months ago '08        #14
Skilly713 
Props total: 33066 33 K  Slaps total: 2300 2 K
I’ll be tuned into the promo
+3   

4 months ago '10        #15
olook up  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11796 11 K  Slaps total: 4282 4 K
Tank getting too old already. He'll be on his bud Crawford sh*t
+1   

4 months ago '19        #16
Thisizdray 
Props total: 9745 9 K  Slaps total: 1350 1 K
 jmheight1 said
*Gervonta Davis and Mayweather Promotions orders another sh*t f*ght for Tank
So who should tank f*ght?

4 months ago '20        #17
God is Good 
Props total: 23071 23 K  Slaps total: 21960 21 K
dude is a much shorter black jake paul

has fought bums his whole career and act like were supposed to be impressed at his record

4 months ago '10        #18
 Thisizdray said
So who should tank f*ght?
He should be attempting to f*ght one of the real belt holders at any 3 of the weight classes he jumps up and down from finding bums to f*ght.

Then outside the belt holders you have guys like this that would be good f*ghts for him (130-140):
Jose Ramirez
Regis Prograis
Lomachenko
Teofimo
Colbert
Berchelt  

No I don't care about promotion issues, because he's not even attempting to get guys like this in the ring.

Last edited by jmheight1; 01-24-2022 at 10:44 PM..

4 months ago '16        #19
ishVicious 
Props total: 6897 6 K  Slaps total: 654 654
 freshprinceoflb said
He would knock out Kambosos, I don't think he beats Haney at 135. I also see Shakur Stevenson beating him as well at any weight.
Stevenson is the one with the brightest future. He disciplined too, Haney is a dawg but he’s a grinder Ala Andre Ward style minus the amount of power. Tank vs Haney would be a better match up then you think just because of the nature of their styles.

4 months ago '19        #20
Unfadeable07 
Props total: 2969 2 K  Slaps total: 507 507
 Ldogg310v2 said

Loma gonna slap tank up

But if tank catch kambosos with that sh*t lopez caught him with tank will finish him

4 months ago '19        #21
Unfadeable07 
Props total: 2969 2 K  Slaps total: 507 507
 ishVicious said
Stevenson is the one with the brightest future. He disciplined too, Haney is a dawg but he’s a grinder Ala Andre Ward style minus the amount of power. Tank vs Haney would be a better match up then you think just because of the nature of their styles.
Shakur sharp as hell

I been calling it all this time that he was gonna be the best out of all the the up and comers around his age group

4 months ago '18        #22
No Religion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 45562 45 K  Slaps total: 3374 3 K
We all know Mayweather Promotions called this sh*t in. Can hear Leonard Ellerbe's dumb a*s "what are we supposed to do? he's his mandatory". Casual's would fall for this dumb sh*t but Tank not even a fu*king real champion AND Mayweather Promotions always talking about how they don't give a sh*t about belts and how nobody dictates how they run their business.
+4   

4 months ago '15        #23
A NON  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4396 4 K  Slaps total: 1271 1 K
It’s good because Rolly is the last Showtime can offer

Is this f*ght gonna be on the Dubai f*ght card where Mayweather finds the son of a prince?
+1   

4 months ago '10        #24
SpacelyPockets 
Props total: 5334 5 K  Slaps total: 245 245
 freshprinceoflb said
kambosos yea, haney vs tank is a toss up i feel like haney got tools to win but he has been rocked so I wouldn't be suprised if tank touches him and finishes....

shakur above everybody imo he just gotta grow into the weights of people where its most competitive
+1   

4 months ago '12        #25
HeightsBound  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 36705 36 K  Slaps total: 3637 3 K
The build up will be legendary. I’m in for all of it.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  29
May 27 - 19 officers playing on their phones while waiting for tactical gear a..
93 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+86online now  21
Video inside Do not chase women!
155 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  17
Video inside The Ponzi Scheme Collapse in the Shoe Market