Jan 24 - Welp the new NYC mayor basically bringing back the crime bill but worse

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+48  140
146 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news /page 2

4 months ago '16        #1
1651 page views
37 comments

foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 135064 135 K  Slaps total: 27493 27 K
Jan 24 - Welp the new NYC mayor basically bringing back the crime bill but worse

this wtf yall keep voting for kkk image

best
worst
37 comments

4 months ago '16        #2
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 97658 97 K  Slaps total: 14162 14 K
The mayor can't pass bills but okay. Slapped for no summary and an inaccurate title.
+15   

4 months ago '11        #3
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 183754 183 K  Slaps total: 24791 24 K
post an article or at least a link, some of us are at work and can't listen
+13   

4 months ago '06        #4
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 43104 43 K  Slaps total: 5750 5 K
 Boogersugar said
The mayor can't pass bills but okay. Slapped for no summary and an inaccurate title.
 Sin said
I don't know if this is what the video is about because I came in late but

New York City Mayor Eric Adams is unveiling his new plan to stop gun violence, called the "Blueprint for Safety," to address gun violence.

The new mayor detailed his tough stance on crime, which he promised while running for office and after several high-profile shootings just 24 days into his time into office.

Adams said his "blueprint to end gun violence" will immediately ramp up enforcement and deploy more officers in the streets and subways.

"We will have boots on the ground in every corner of the city," Adams said.

As part of the plan, the controversial anti-crime street unit -- where officers dress as civilians to get guns off the street -- is being reinstated. But the mayor says his anti-crime unit will be a hybrid version of what we've seen in the past, focusing on neighborhood safety.

The unit was dismantled in 2020 after its tactics were declared unconstitutional. Civil rights advocates argued too many innocent people of color were targeted.

The mayor says in this unit, officers will wear body cameras, they'll focus on criminals and there will be consequences for officers who overstep.

Adams showed the photo of the gun used to fatally shoot NYPD officer Jason Rivera and said he would launch within three weeks anti-violence teams to the 30 most violent precincts to get more illegal guns off the streets.

While the NYPD seized 6,000 illegal guns last year, the mayor noted there is an unyielding flow into New York.

"New guns are arriving by car, by bus and by train everyday," Adams said. He is asking the state and federal governments for help with stopping the entry of guns.

The plan called for additional employment opportunities for young people 16-24 with a particular focus on those in foster care.

Another focus is mental health after the mayor said the mental health crisis that worsened during the pandemic was tied that to worsening gun violence.

There are critics of the mayor's plan who are expressing concern over plain-clothes officers.

The NYCLU, which has been a vocal critic of the anti-crime unit, says it is not commenting at this time on the mayor's plan until they get a chance to review the plan with a "fine comb."

Part of the mayor's plan includes violence interrupters, civilian community members who will work to ensure that police are not using a heavy hand.

On Sunday, Governor Kathy Hochul announced a partnership with the city and NYPD to form the new Interstate Task Force on Illegal Guns.

It will bring law enforcement officials from nine states together to tackle the illegal gun issue.

So far, five officers have been shot, one fatally, in New York City this year.

Additionally, an 11-month-old girl was shot in the face and a woman pushed onto the subway tracks and k*lled.
+13   

4 months ago '20        #5
POWER RAPS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 39228 39 K  Slaps total: 3038 3 K
So they gonna put footsoldiers on every block in certain neighborhoods (like they used to do in the bx several yrs ago) only they’re gonna be plainclothes. This sounds ineffective and just a recipe for more violence
+20   

4 months ago '16        #6
Homer Pimpson 
Props total: 42574 42 K  Slaps total: 9056 9 K
Na they more cops on the Subways sh*t is a fu*kin cesspool

DeBlasio set the city back 20 years
+10   

4 months ago '05        #7
pippen33 
Props total: 36462 36 K  Slaps total: 2885 2 K

They'll focus on criminals

How can you focus on "Criminals" without profiling? How do you know someone is doing something criminal until they actually commit a crime?

Just Stop and Frisk rebranded. Get the fu*k outta here.
+18   

4 months ago '15        #8
KingTrips 
Props total: 18379 18 K  Slaps total: 1905 1 K
So not trying to stop guns from getting into the city//guess they’re not black..prevention cuts into their profit I guess
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '20        #9
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 51297 51 K  Slaps total: 3521 3 K
 KingTrips said
So not trying to stop guns from getting into the city//guess they’re not black..prevention cuts into their profit I guess
Idk how this is going to pan out but there are already too many guns out on the street.
+1   

4 months ago '15        #10
KingTrips 
Props total: 18379 18 K  Slaps total: 1905 1 K
 LordGimmeASign said
Idk how this is going to pan out but there are already too many guns out on the street.
Yeah there is and they let it get like this, which I think was the goal.. the need for cops+ arrest and vilify black men while making money locking them up.. to bad more people don’t pick up on the games they play.
+6   

4 months ago '05        #11
pippen33 
Props total: 36462 36 K  Slaps total: 2885 2 K
 LordGimmeASign said
Country has more guns than people. Impossible to get guns off the streets. NY already has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. You cant police your way out of this situation. if you want a gun then you can get a gun.

Give people better opportunities/better paying jobs. If you have a future and a good paying job then you not gonna be out robbing and k*lling.
+18   

4 months ago '06        #12
Supa mario 
Props total: 27416 27 K  Slaps total: 2512 2 K
He be wanting to sound like a leader but all he sound like is a fu*king transit cop.
+11   

4 months ago '18        #13
antisocial100 
Props total: 21973 21 K  Slaps total: 6025 6 K
 Sin said
OP is ignorant and uncultured don’t indulge this fool.
+2   

4 months ago '18        #14
antisocial100 
Props total: 21973 21 K  Slaps total: 6025 6 K
Don’t blame him blame these kids , blame these parents not
Watching over their children. Why are teens shooting at each other. Why is a 14 Yr old
Carrying a gun , why is he getting caught twice with a gun , second time he ends up
Hitting a cop. sh*t outta control. These young dumb fu*ks got the city hot messing it
Up for anyone else that’s tryna handle their biz and stay low
+10   

4 months ago '17        #15
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 126525 126 K  Slaps total: 16441 16 K
BX told me he's a black man and criticizing anything he does as mayor is only an attempt to bring a black man down

Keep voting based on race. Good luck NYC bruhs.
+2   

4 months ago '13        #16
Slickster90 
Props total: 2394 2 K  Slaps total: 251 251
Well I guess they gotta make it look like their doing something...

Can put as many cops as they want on the streets, still gonna always be somebody willing to risk it all.

Can't raise people's kids but I'd keep focusing on giving them opportunities besides picking the street option. The street sh*t probably looks fun to a lotta these youngins so easy for them to fall in...show them where it leads.

I was in the mall the other day(I live in NY, right outside of NYC) and heard some young kid talking bout some dudes being opps...I'm like just wow
+3   

4 months ago '20        #17
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 58542 58 K  Slaps total: 10781 10 K
We love our guns here in America
+1   

4 months ago '15        #18
gaapplewood 
Props total: 6963 6 K  Slaps total: 606 606
Question, who produces most of the guns that have become the issue?
+4   

4 months ago '11        #19
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 183754 183 K  Slaps total: 24791 24 K
 TheLastNonEarth said
BX told me he's a black man and criticizing anything he does as mayor is only an attempt to bring a black man down

Keep voting based on race. Good luck NYC bruhs.
He was voted in because he’s a career crime cop from a cop family that prospered during a time NYC had historically drops in crime
+2   

4 months ago '16        #20
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60 OP
Props total: 135064 135 K  Slaps total: 27493 27 K
 Sin said
basically war on kids

4 months ago '10        #21
edgacev 
Props total: 3295 3 K  Slaps total: 484 484
Was the “War on Drugs” by the Nixon administration actually a war on drugs? Let me help you out, it wasn’t!

So this “Blueprint For Safety” is not about safety. These campaigns against citizens are like ‘front companies’ for the actual reason they were created/initiated in the first place!

Who’s naive enough to think politicians are in office thinking about the good of the people .. don’t let it be you! If anything, you owe yourself the truth!
+1   

4 months ago '21        #22
JackmeriusT 
Props total: 3282 3 K  Slaps total: 50 50
I still can't believe he won after doing this ridiculous a*s video...

+2   

4 months ago '08        #23
shush456 
Props total: 933 933  Slaps total: 154 154
 pippen33 said

They'll focus on criminals

How can you focus on "Criminals" without profiling? How do you know someone is doing something criminal until they actually commit a crime?

Just Stop and Frisk rebranded. Get the fu*k outta here.
I think alot of people are from NYC in this chat and there are many that dont know how sh*t really is. I think the intention is to have more cops around to atleast be visible. It isnt going to solve the problem completely but it might help from these dudes having shoot outs in broad day. The bronx has been going cray with gun violence followed by BK. Its actually getting real bad i think bill de blasio set NYC back big time
+1   

4 months ago '20        #24
Bateman 
Props total: 23960 23 K  Slaps total: 2620 2 K
I’m all for it

Every complainer in this thread can’t formulate a better plan

Just 2 nights ago a 10 month old girl was shot in the face in the Bronx

fu*k all your social justice warrior bullsh*t, you can’t f*ght crime while walking on eggshells.

It’s one or the other. More plain clothes means they’re more likely to witness some sh*t
+4   

4 months ago '18        #25
ordoabchao 
Props total: 26370 26 K  Slaps total: 5478 5 K
 GUCCI C0ND0MS said
Nyc is in ruins because of deblasio. The city is literally falling apart.
Explain.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+72online now  15
Image(s) inside Ron Perlman robbed of his fortune by bitter ex wife
142 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  12
Image(s) inside May 19 - Buffalo Shooter’s Family Blames Covid For Shooting