Towing a Ford Mustang Mach-E Could Cost You $28,000 for a Battery Replacement

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+44  62
118 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

4 months ago '11        #1
1110 page views
14 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 184157 184 K  Slaps total: 24821 24 K
Towing a Ford Mustang Mach-E Could Cost You $28,000 for a Battery Replacement

Electric vehicles are still a novel thing and this could lead to ridiculous situations. A Ford Mustang Mach-E owner was left with a $28,000 repair bill after the towing company hooked up the car in the wrong place, destroying the battery.

You’d think carmakers know a thing or two about the vehicles they build, but this is not always the case. This trickles down to the network of dealers and emergency services so EV owners face a potential disaster. This is something a Ford Mustang Mach-E owner learned first hand after his car refused to drive with a dash warning saying “Pull over safely.”

He called Ford Roadside a*sistance and a tow truck was dispatched to take the electric crossover to the nearest Ford dealer for troubleshooting. Unfortunately, the wrong towing procedure resulted in the car’s battery being damaged. According to the owner, the crossover was hooked up incorrectly by the battery rail, which caused the cooling system to leak. The result was a $28,000 repair bill that no one takes responsibility for. Although an expensive mistake, the owner notes the dealer he was towed to had no prior experience working on an electric vehicle.

“The tow company hooked into the battery rail and damaged the batteries. $28,000 repair bill. Now Ford customer care tells me I have to deal with Agero- claims for Road Side a*sistance, that it’s not Ford. Agero denies the claim because it can’t be proven that it was the tow company’s fault it could have happened when the car was transported to Florida. Ford says it’s not their fault. My insurance company says it’s not claimable through them,” writes the owner on the Mach-E forum.

This is not the first time a Ford Mustang Mach-E needs a battery replacement after it’s been towed. Another user has a similar story after his vehicles’s low voltage battery went dead. In this case, the towing company's insurance covered the damaged battery replacement bill. The things did not go smoothly, though, and this guy had to wait for months before a Ford dealer replaced his battery.

Like any other car, Ford Mustang Mach-E has designated winch points to help get it onto a trailer. ICE vehicles also risk damage when incorrectly towed. In the case of an EV, though, the risk is destroying the battery, which is the most expensive component. The manual is clear about the towing and lift points and the emergency services commissioned by Ford should’ve known this. Only they didn’t.

visit this link https://www.autoevolution .. t-179759.html#
+5   

best
worst
14 comments

4 months ago '15        #2
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 33614 33 K  Slaps total: 9825 9 K
sh*t! Lawsuit coming
+3   

4 months ago '04        #3
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 37815 37 K  Slaps total: 3835 3 K
wait so towing company who was illiterate on how to tow vehicle damaged it and blames owner? Sounds like typical scam in automotive industry if its true. Shady matha fu*kas probably with ICE gang and sh*t.
+4   

4 months ago '15        #4
Ace dealer 
Props total: 40061 40 K  Slaps total: 2612 2 K
Big v8….

fu*k all that till they get inforstructure in order

I can put enough gas cans in the back this truck to get my family to safety for a few weeks
+2   

4 months ago '07        #5
dollababy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 46861 46 K  Slaps total: 10689 10 K
Tow company fxcked up. They needed a flat bed.

4 months ago '18        #6
Tony Prosper 
Props total: 4988 4 K  Slaps total: 615 615
I almost bought one of these.

4 months ago '18        #7
ANONThuMz 
Props total: 14835 14 K  Slaps total: 909 909
 Ace dealer said
Big v8….

fu*k all that till they get inforstructure in order

I can put enough gas cans in the back this truck to get my family to safety for a few weeks

You must live in middle America if you saying the infrastructure ain’t there
+2   

4 months ago '18        #8
ANONThuMz 
 LuxG2 said
It takes 45 minutes to charge up, naw it’s still not there

TFL had the Rivian for a week & put it through tests& it’s a awesome truck but the biggest downfall for traveling is the 45+ minute charge time

Charge time has nothing to do with infrastructure

I didnt say anything about speed… I pulled up the Tesla infrastructure to show how they built it up to a point where you can successfully travel across America and unless you live in middle America chances are you have a Tesla charge station not far away from u .. I pulled up what they have along the highway system.. not to mention parking lots hotels malls/ shopping centers.. at this point unless you live in pass thru city or state you can own a tesla and n it have to worry about always trying to find a charge station.

4 months ago '15        #9
Ace dealer 
Props total: 40061 40 K  Slaps total: 2612 2 K
 BlaqThum said

From a practical standpoint It aint for ME.

The infrastructure aint there for MY expectations and lifestyle
+1   

4 months ago '11        #10
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50 OP
Props total: 184157 184 K  Slaps total: 24821 24 K
 BlaqThum said

I live in dense metropolis and would love to but a EV, but i live in an apartment with on the street parking

I see people sleeping in their tesla at the mall because they can’t charge them at home

EV don’t work for everyone
+2   

4 months ago '18        #11
ANONThuMz 
 LuxG2 said
Charge time does deal with infrastructure if you even watched the video they even explain this if the area doesn’t have the energy to supply the chargers you will have a slower charge…if they have the energy to provide then you will have a higher charge rate, i even found a article supporting this…& people even propped you like you were correct

noun: infrastructure; plural noun: infrastructures
the basic physical and organizational structures and facilities (e.g. buildings, roads, power supplies) needed for the operation of a society or enterprise.
"the social and economic infrastructure of a country"

You found an article supporting your bias but didn’t look up the definition. Have at it champ.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  17
Image(s) inside Jamaican beef patty ever made you speak a new language?
77 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  16
Article inside 'Predator' Spyware Let Government Hackers Break Into Chrome and Andro..
9 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+35online now  13
Image(s) inside Where did you start?
187 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  12
Reseller Zadeh Kicks Leaves Customers With Millions in Outstanding Orders