NBC poll suggests a midterm election shellacking for Biden and Democrats

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
44 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news /page 2

4 months ago '15        #1
601 page views
30 comments

Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x206
Props total: 163713 163 K  Slaps total: 20055 20 K
NBC poll suggests a midterm election shellacking for Biden and Democrats

visit this link https://air.tv/?v=URC9xfQFTRKNVLwAywgt_w

With President Joe Biden’s first year behind him and the approaching midterm elections coming into clearer focus, an NBC News poll offered a dismal outlook for Democrats while suggesting Biden’s lost political identity paves the way for a shellacking in November.

NBC’s Chuck Todd discussed the most recent poll numbers on Meet the Press on Sunday, saying that just 5% feel Biden has done better than expected, with 36% believing his tenure in office has gone worse than expected.

“[Biden] is no longer seen as competent and effective,” Todd said. “[He is] no longer seen as a good commander in chief, or perhaps most damaging, as easy-going and likable.”

Poll numbers also indicated 71% believe the country is on the wrong track, while giving Biden a 43% job approval rating. Todd added that approval of Congress is split between Republicans and Democrats but that, at this point, a four or five-point advantage is likely needed for Democrats to maintain control in Congress.

“This is only the third time in our poll’s history, over 30 years, where we have had two tracks that were that off,” Todd said. “Two of our three most important indexes are sitting in shellacking territory right now for the Democrats. This is a dangerous place for the party and the president.”

The poll, which has looked at presidential approval ratings heading into midterm elections since 1994, has historically shown congressional elections follow the trajectory of the president’s approval numbers.

In 1994, 2006, 2010, 2014, and 2018, NBC showed dismal poll numbers for the party controlling the White House as it headed into the midterm elections. In each of those years, the president’s job rating was below 50%, according to NBC, and major congressional seat losses were recorded.

One of the largest shifts came in 2010 when Democrats lost 63 seats in the House of Representatives and six in the Senate. Obama was president at the time with an NBC poll approval rating of 45% and 60% believing the country was on the wrong track.

NBC’s poll was conducted Jan. 14-18 and reported a margin of error of 4.4 percentage points.
visit this link https://www.washingtonexa .. -and-democrats
+3   

best
worst
30 comments

4 months ago '12        #2
kej718 
Props total: 12112 12 K  Slaps total: 784 784
There is a reason it took him this long to get in. He should have run right after Obamas last term and ride that wave, but no they had to give it to Hilary. He just got votes for not being Trump.

They better run someone against him on the Democrats side. Even if they do I don't think it will help. The damage is done.
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '18        #3
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 81958 81 K  Slaps total: 8204 8 K
Once again people are retarded they going put Republicans we didn't do sh*t but give billionaires a tax credit back in office.. America lost

4 months ago '06        #4
sunsetnVine 
Props total: 23531 23 K  Slaps total: 2174 2 K
 DUCEDUCE said
Once again people are retarded they going put Republicans we didn't do sh*t but give billionaires a tax credit back in office.. America lost
By ur logic he dems aint do shyt either. And that’s the rub. People expected more of a return for their voting and didn’t get it. And trump sill free looking his comeback season.

They silenced AOC and bernie lol ignoring rhe young progressives…. They are fu*ked.

U got nancy talmbout backing an anti stock trading bill after enduring too much blow bk

Shambles
+4   

4 months ago '17        #5
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 105608 105 K  Slaps total: 34604 34 K
 sunsetnVine said
By ur logic he dems aint do shyt either. And that’s the rub. People expected more of a return for their voting and didn’t get it. And trump sill free looking his comeback season.

They silenced AOC and bernie lol ignoring rhe young progressives…. They are fu*ked.

U got nancy talmbout backing an anti stock trading bill after enduring too much blow bk

Shambles
Right, but voters will make things worse by voting Republican. This is what I don't understand; the way to get more progressive ideas on the senate floor is not to vote for the opposite.

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '18        #6
 sunsetnVine said

Shambles
Bro Americans put a moderate centrist in office and expected what ? They are fu*king stupid as a whole.. Americans want change and then when it comes they f*ght it tooth and nail...
+6   

4 months ago '06        #7
sunsetnVine 
 Ymmot said
Right, but voters will make things worse by voting Republican. This is what I don't understand; the way to get more progressive ideas on the senate floor is not to vote for the opposite.
In some ways it is. Democrats need to pilice and or fracture to survive in the future with these new kids. Progressive dems are the future but the market and corporations demand their own democrats in office.

It is what it is. At this rate the new republicans can win without gerrymandering at this pt
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '18        #8
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 65177 65 K  Slaps total: 4550 4 K
 sunsetnVine said

Shambles
I was telling this lady, that voted for warren... that i understood why she did, she looked like her... but she wasted her vote. And that the people want bernie but will be forced to vote biden. Plain as day it was the play. The kids aren't happy with this mfer at all. Nobody should be really. We're back to the same bs we want off of. Perpetual war, impotence against the crazy a*s reps and initiatives that go nowhere. Of course the dems are gonna get smoked in the mids. Easy money.
+3   

4 months ago '06        #9
sunsetnVine 
 DUCEDUCE said
Bro Americans put a moderate centrist in office and expected what ? They are fu*king stupid as a whole.. Americans want change and then when it comes they f*ght it tooth and nail...
All of this. We are dumb as fu*k and will probably be our eventual downfall.

Smh get them passports renewed
+1   

4 months ago '04        #10
NoLedge18720 
Props total: 16984 16 K  Slaps total: 2656 2 K
Because the majority of the United States doesn't realize how politics work. They think sh*t gets done quickly because Trump was taking credit for stuff he didn't even have a part in. Most presidents can't get sh*t done until the second term sadly and if congress doesn't work together even longer. Is Biden a great president? No. But let's not act like some of this stuff is his fault. Unemployment and covid were an issue at the end of Trumps presidency too. They weren't going to magically go away with a new person in.

It also has no real reflection on mid-terms. Republicans are basing this off of the last election when in reality they k*lled because no one came out to vote. When people come out to vote they never win
+1   

4 months ago '16        #11
Ghostface Killa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36825 36 K  Slaps total: 6594 6 K
 Ymmot said
What difference do progressive ideas make when elite democrats won't let those with the ideas get in office?

So then it's either stick with the establishment, which sucks, or..... look at DeSantis who defied the establishment and ended up with less deaths and a growing economy.

He didn't offer any new fresh ideas, but it looks that way because he didn't go along to get along.

Like I've been saying since before Trump was elected, the Dems cut off their nose in spite of their face to keep Bernie out of office.

Looking back now, was it fu*king worth it?

+1   

4 months ago '16        #12
 NoLedge18720 said
Because the majority of the United States doesn't realize how politics work. They think sh*t gets done quickly because Trump was taking credit for stuff he didn't even have a part in. Most presidents can't get sh*t done until the second term sadly and if congress doesn't work together even longer. Is Biden a great president? No. But let's not act like some of this stuff is his fault. Unemployment and covid were an issue at the end of Trumps presidency too. They weren't going to magically go away with a new person in.

It also has no real reflection on mid-terms. Republicans are basing this off of the last election when in reality they k*lled because no one came out to vote. When people come out to vote they never win
Can't keep blaming Republicans for the failures of Biden.

He can do plenty with his executive power that could easily turn the tides in his favor, but he won't because he's old and stuck in his ways.
+2   

4 months ago '04        #13
NoLedge18720 
 Ghostface k*lla said
Can't keep blaming Republicans for the failures of Biden.

He can do plenty with his executive power that could easily turn the tides in his favor, but he won't because he's old and stuck in his ways.
No I'm blaming the public for thinking any president can get sh*t done quick. People who have no idea how the legislative process works. That goes for Republican presidents and Democratic presidents. The normal citizen has no idea how bills get drafted, voted, amended, get sent back and forth between both chambers, sh*t gets hidden in the rewrites, etc. The Senate Republicans already hate him if he started doing executive orders they would be on the news crying. Plus I'm not sure you know how they work and when they are used anyways by your comments.

But anyone blaming Biden for the pandemic and unemployment are just stupid. Other sh*t sure blame away but those 2 are completely out of his control. The reason we are where we are in the pandemic is because of the original response our govt took. We have been playing catchup ever since. Unemployment is because employers refuse to pay livable wages. It's not like people are still getting extra unemployment benefits or sh*t like in the beginning. Now it's just because businesses don't give a fu*k about their workers

4 months ago '16        #14
 NoLedge18720 said
No I'm blaming the public for thinking any president can get sh*t done quick. People who have no idea how the legislative process works. That goes for Republican presidents and Democratic presidents. The normal citizen has no idea how bills get drafted, voted, amended, get sent back and forth between both chambers, sh*t gets hidden in the rewrites, etc.

But anyone blaming Biden for the pandemic and unemployment are just stupid. Other sh*t sure blame away but those 2 are completely out of his control. The reason why are why we are in the pandemic is because of the original response our govt took. We have been playing catchup ever since. Unemployment is because employers refuse to pay livable wages. It's not like people are still getting extra unemployment benefits or sh*t like in the beginning. Now it's just because businesses don't give a fu*k about their workers
I don't have the energy to pull up all the campaign promises he's rolled back on... but it's a lot.

That's not on the public.

Keep blaming the people for the miss steps of politicians and the people will put new politicians in office. Simple as that
+4   

4 months ago '04        #15
NoLedge18720 
 Ghostface k*lla said
I don't have the energy to pull up all the campaign promises he's rolled back on... but it's a lot.

That's not on the public.

Keep blaming the people for the miss steps of politicians and the people will put new politicians in office. Simple as that
He didn't cancel college debt...big fu*king deal It's also been 1 year of a 4 year term. Not even halfway through yet. No president gets sh*t done in a year even with executive orders and if they claim they do then you fell for their lies. Anything that happens in the first year was already set in motion by the previous people in charge.

Is he perfect, of course not. But to expect huge changes in a year is just being ignorant of the legislative process. People didnt even think he would be some amazing President, Trump was just that bad they didn't care who took his place look I don't think he's great either but I also know how the process works.

4 months ago '21        #16
Tehuti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17624 17 K  Slaps total: 5424 5 K

+3   

4 months ago '21        #17
GoldenKnight 
Props total: 6251 6 K  Slaps total: 3998 3 K
Election fraud and Democrats will get 100 million votes.

4 months ago '21        #18
GoldenKnight 
 Ymmot said
Progressive ideas = inflation and more poverty

4 months ago '17        #19
 Ghostface k*lla said
What difference do progressive ideas make when elite democrats won't let those with the ideas get in office?

So then it's either stick with the establishment, which sucks, or..... look at DeSantis who defied the establishment and ended up with less deaths and a growing economy.

He didn't offer any new fresh ideas, but it looks that way because he didn't go along to get along.

Like I've been saying since before Trump was elected, the Dems cut off their nose in spite of their face to keep Bernie out of office.

Looking back now, was it fu*king worth it?

^dumb people like this vote

I'm guessing this kid thinks desantis and trump are anti establishment. Little kid, desantis and trump are even more establishment and more in the pockets of big corporations than establishment Dems. Learn how politics work and then I'll talk to you like an adult.

4 months ago '17        #20
 GoldenKnight said
Progressive ideas = inflation and more poverty
Those are right wing capitalist ideas. You always say the dumbest sh*t because you have no idea what you're talking about. American capitalism needs poverty and inflation, it creates competition so businesses can pay you less and call it competitive pay. Open an economics book instead of learning about everything from memes.

4 months ago '17        #21
 DUCEDUCE said
Exactly. Then threaten to vote against their interests for even worse Republican candidates claiming they're "anti establishment." That's how we ended up with Reagan, Bush Sr, Bush Jr, and trump.

4 months ago '16        #22
 Ymmot said
^dumb people like this vote

I'm guessing this kid thinks desantis and trump are anti establishment. Little kid, desantis and trump are even more establishment and more in the pockets of big corporations than establishment Dems. Learn how politics work and then I'll talk to you like an adult.
You guessed, then proceeded to structure your entire response around that.

You also, apparently don't have a clue what it means to be an establishment politician.

Desantis might be, which is part of the point I was making, but trump certainly wasn't.

Either way, try and keep up with my actual points instead of attacking strawmen... little kid
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '18        #23
 Ymmot said
Exactly. Then threaten to vote against their interests for even worse Republican candidates claiming they're "anti establishment." That's how we ended up with Reagan, Bush Sr, Bush Jr, and trump.
People dont understand anything. I dont get what repubicans want, cause if you want to be rich your accomplishing that, but if you bring the country down with you , then the dollar is worthless and your not wealthy either way.

4 months ago '17        #24
 Ghostface k*lla said
You guessed, then proceeded to structure your entire response around that.

You also, apparently don't have a clue what it means to be an establishment politician.

Desantis might be, which is part of the point I was making, but trump certainly wasn't.

Either way, try and keep up with my actual points instead of attacking strawmen... little kid
Then you proceeded to prove me right. You actually think trump was anti establishment. That's funny and sad at the same time.

4 months ago '21        #25
GoldenKnight 
 Ymmot said
Those are right wing capitalist ideas. You always say the dumbest sh*t because you have no idea what you're talking about. American capitalism needs poverty and inflation, it creates competition so businesses can pay you less and call it competitive pay. Open an economics book instead of learning about everything from memes.
The most progressive cities have the highest crime, drug use, poverty and highest cost of living. It's not only that they are sh*tholes but they are declining fast. That is your progressivism at work. You make your bed now lay in it but don't ever let me find out you've moved away to a red state cause I'll find you and slap the dog p*ss out of you.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  21
Article inside 'Predator' Spyware Let Government Hackers Break Into Chrome and Andro..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  20
Did Marcus Jordan Sell his “Sole” in Backdoor Sneaker Scandal?
127 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+22online now  9
May 25 - Officials say gunman was in the school for up to an hour before offic..
605 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+46online now  8
Horror film based off Winnie the Pooh in the works; Winnie the Pooh: Blood & H..
127 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy