Jan 24 - dow jones....rapidly mutilates more than 700 points

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 months ago '09        #1
579 page views
23 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x81
Props total: 265549 265 K  Slaps total: 28564 28 K
Jan 24 - dow jones....rapidly mutilates more than 700 points

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2022 .. lose-news.html

U.S. stocks fell Monday following the S&P 500′s worst week since March 2020, as investors awaited more corporate earnings results and a key policy decision from the Federal Reserve.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average lost about 740 points, or 2.2%, falling for a seventh straight day. The S&P 500 dipped 2.5%. The benchmark is down more than 11% from its intraday high. The Nasdaq Composite declined 2.8%, falling deeper into correction territory.

The market action Monday followed a brutal week on Wall Street in the face of mixed company earnings and worries about rising interest rates

image Monday’s pullback put the S&P 500 down more than 10% this month, on pace for its worst monthly decline since March 2020 and worst January performance ever

The Dow was also headed for its biggest one-month loss since March 2020, falling more than 7%

The Nasdaq, meanwhile, has dropped roughly 14% in January and is on pace for its worst month since October 2008 — when it plunged 17.7%.

The CBOE Volatility Index (VIX), known on Wall Street as the market’s “fear gauge,” hit its highest level in nearly a year, surpassing 37 on Monday morning

The fourth-quarter earnings season has been a mixed bag. While more than 74% of S&P 500 companies that have reported results have topped Wall Street estimates, a couple of key firms let down investors last week, including Goldman Sachs and Netflix.

“What had initially been a stimulus withdrawal-driven decline morphed last week to include earnings jitters,” Adam Crisafulli, founder of Vital Knowledge, said in a note. “So investors are now worried not just about the multiple placed on earnings, but the EPS (earnings-per-share) forecasts themselves.”

Investors are anticipating a slew of high-stakes earnings reports from mega-cap tech companies this week. Microsoft fell 2.5%, Apple lost 2.1 and Tesla pulled back 7.6% ahead of the quarterly reports.

Peloton shares rebounded more than 4% following news that activist investor Blackwells is calling for the interactive fitness company to fire CEO John Foley and to seek a buyer.

Riskier a*sets are selling off this year as investors brace for the Fed to tighten monetary policy. Bitcoin dropped more than 8% over the weekend, wiping out nearly half of its value at its record high reached in November. The price fell another roughly 4% Monday morning below $34,000
+1   

best
worst
23 comments

4 months ago '21        #2
Tehuti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17624 17 K  Slaps total: 5424 5 K

+12   

4 months ago '09        #3
NoHope  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3267 3 K  Slaps total: 1019 1 K
Long term, I hope my investments will pay off.
+5   

4 months ago '05        #4
MATIX 
Props total: 3269 3 K  Slaps total: 1297 1 K
All the covid companies are losing value. Is the covid hysteria finally coming to an end?
+3   

4 months ago '21        #5
Fras 
Props total: 8587 8 K  Slaps total: 7883 7 K

I hope the sh*t drops to zero. I pulled all my money out the minute Bare Shelves Biden was elected.

4 months ago '12        #6
Project Mayhem 
Props total: 1935 1 K  Slaps total: 174 174

+1   

4 months ago '18        #7
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 40262 40 K  Slaps total: 5024 5 K
 Fras said

I hope the sh*t drops to zero. I pulled all my money out the minute Bare Shelves Biden was elected.
then you missed a huge rally you paper-hands f*g**t. Betting against America, go commit that loser
+5   

4 months ago '18        #8
ChrisPartlowFro 
Whew, Netflix and Peloton. Goddamn. Peloton not so much today but its lifetime, down something CRAZY. Netflix? Like -40% past 6 mos.

My favorite stock down like $20 in the past week…

Hold ya head
+1   

4 months ago '18        #9
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 80736 80 K  Slaps total: 8083 8 K
 MATIX said
All the covid companies are losing value. Is the covid hysteria finally coming to an end?
sh*ts been overvalued and honestly still is. Real estate about to get rocked.
+1   

4 months ago '21        #10
Fras 
 ChrisPartlowFro said
then you missed a huge rally you paper-hands f*g**t. Betting against America, go commit that loser
Yeah I did but nobody could've predicted that rally. The rally only occurred because of government intervention that shouldn't have happened. Corporate/Wall Street welfare.

But its going to crash like never seen before. I have $50k sitting in my Fidelity account waiting to buy up some sh*t on the low. The only negative is I didn't hedge my cash against anything to soften the blow of inflation. but thats OK. I'm sitting prettier than many others.

Even though you're a major c*ck-sucking f*g**t. I wish you the best financially, and hope you're able to make wise decisions to maximize your gains and become financially secure going forward. Take care.
+1   

4 months ago '18        #11
ChrisPartlowFro 
 Fras said
Yeah I did but nobody could've predicted that rally. The rally only occurred because of government intervention that shouldn't have happened. Corporate/Wall Street welfare.

But its going to crash like never seen before. I have $50k sitting in my Fidelity account waiting to buy up some sh*t on the low. The only negative is I didn't hedge my cash against anything to soften the blow of inflation. but thats OK. I'm sitting prettier than many others.

Even though you're a major c*ck-sucking f*g**t. I wish you the best financially, and hope you're able to make wise decisions to maximize your gains and become financially secure going forward. Take care.
You literally have no idea what you’re talking about that rally was PREDICTED.

4 months ago '17        #12
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 82701 82 K  Slaps total: 6939 6 K

I lost $18 this morning
+1   

4 months ago '21        #13
Fras 
 ChrisPartlowFro said
You literally have no idea what you’re talking about that rally was PREDICTED.
No it really wasn't. It was only predicted after the government got involved, and everyone on wall street knew they were getting funny money.

4 months ago '11        #14
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 183740 183 K  Slaps total: 24791 24 K
 ChrisPartlowFro said
Whew, Netflix and Peloton. Goddamn. Peloton not so much today but its lifetime, down something CRAZY. Netflix? Like -40% past 6 mos.

My favorite stock down like $20 in the past week…

Hold ya head
Square

+3   

4 months ago '16        #15
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 125358 125 K  Slaps total: 13720 13 K
Clutchin my pearls all the way to the pawn shop.
+2   

4 months ago '11        #16
I think today could be the big one

+2   

4 months ago '15        #17
PolygonMafia 
Props total: 17777 17 K  Slaps total: 1448 1 K
I set aside 3k for this inevitability. Waiting until people are posting suicide hotlines and freaking out on social media = great time to buy

+7   

4 months ago '21        #18
brazidizzle 
Props total: 1241 1 K  Slaps total: 369 369
 Fras said

Don’t worry about that idiot. I’ll beat the fu*k out of him IRL

4 months ago '20        #19
B Dotel  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5478 5 K  Slaps total: 4668 4 K
 brazidizzle said
Don’t worry about that idiot. I’ll beat the fu*k out of him IRL
13 seconds

4 months ago '11        #20
 PolygonMafia said
I set aside 3k for this inevitability. Waiting until people are posting suicide hotlines and freaking out on social media = great time to buy

all of these robinhood margin accounts are about to go bust
+1   

4 months ago '17        #21
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 82701 82 K  Slaps total: 6939 6 K
Alright everyone calm down I only down $7

4 months ago '16        #22
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 97658 97 K  Slaps total: 14161 14 K
I'll be buying in every 2 weeks, on schedule, for the next 30 years I'll be skrait

Good luck to y'all lost a*s day traders though

4 months ago '12        #23
kej718 
Props total: 12071 12 K  Slaps total: 783 783
Dividend investing for the long term helps me through this sh*t. I have cash on hand just waiting for things to settle. Lost at least $5K these past few weeks (Still up over all). Got about $4K waiting to buy. Not that stressed yet.

4 months ago '21        #24
Fras 
 Boogersugar said
I'll be buying in every 2 weeks, on schedule, for the next 30 years I'll be skrait

Good luck to y'all lost a*s day traders though

Not if you’re out here shorting stocks! Let’s goooo

But in all seriousness. Hope you end up k*lling it

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  122
2022 Western Conference Finals: (3) Golden State Warriors vs (4) Dallas Ma..
1407 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+55online now  18
All Bane Quotes From Dark Knight Rises
76 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+44online now  12
Image(s) inside Joe fresh goods x New balance 9060 Penny cookie pink
79 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+79online now  11
Video inside Wack 100 Says He TRIED To RUN DOWN & EXTORT 50 CENT In LA, But 50 Outsm..
170 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy