Bill Maher: ‘New York, New Jersey Did Worse Than Florida,’ Florida ‘Stayed Open,’

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+31  85
39 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section Interesting ...

4 months ago '19        #1
6256 page views
246 comments

The Dogefather  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 45164 45 K  Slaps total: 9776 9 K
Bill Maher: ‘New York, New Jersey Did Worse Than Florida,’ Florida ‘Stayed Open,’

Comedian Bill Maher, host of HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher,” repeatedly slammed the political left during his show on Friday for its handling of the pandemic while Florida has managed to have better outcomes than many other states while also having significantly fewer restrictions.

Maher made the remarks during a panel discussion with Rep. Ritchie Torres (D-NY) and liberal journalist Bari Weiss.

“I asked for the COVID deaths by state, this is per 100,000 people,” Maher said. “The worst is Mississippi. My home state [of] New Jersey, four, fourth worst. New York, sixth worst. West Virginia and Massachusetts are 10 and 11, right together. Could there be two states who are more unalike than West Virginia and Massachusetts? And the poster boy for keeping s*** open was Florida, they’re down at 17. So New York and New Jersey did worse than Florida.”

“We did worse because we’re a densely populated hub of international travel,” Torres claimed.

“Florida is home to all the old people in America,” Maher fired back. “What this is saying … Florida, like, stayed open. I mean, I was just in Florida. I’ve been there a few times since this started. The atmosphere is just different. I’m not moving to Florida, I’m not promoting Florida. I’m just saying AOC just went to Florida and had a good time without a mask [on].”

“I’m just saying I’ve been to Florida, the atmosphere was just night and day from California, which was gloomy, and everything was the Andromeda Strain out there,” Maher added. “And you went to Florida, and I’m just saying, yes, there are different factors … but basically, it’s like they stayed open and went on with life, and they didn’t do a hell of a lot worse, and maybe did better.”

Weiss, a former New York Times writer, also slammed the pandemic restrictions, saying that she was “done with COVID.”

“We were told you get the vaccine, you get the vaccine and you get back to normal. And we haven’t gotten back to normal. And it’s ridiculous at this point,” Weiss said. “I know that so many of my liberal and progressive friends are with me on this and they do not want to say it out loud because they are scared to be called anti-vaxxed or to be called science denial or to be smeared as a Trumper.

“I’m sorry,” she continued, “but if you believe the science, you will look at the data that we did not have two years ago and you will find out that cloth masks do not do anything. You will realize that you can show your vaccine passport at a restaurant and still be asymptomatic in carrying Omicron. And you realize, most importantly, that this will be remembered by the younger generation as a catastrophic moral crime.”
+67   

best
worst
246 comments

4 months ago '21        #2
MollyINmylean 
Props total: 1276 1 K  Slaps total: 299 299
Is it really fair to call Vill Mahr a comedian. I'd rather listen to Brandon Shaub
+26   

4 months ago '18        #3
Wiles 
Props total: 674 674  Slaps total: 155 155
What lie did he tell?
+61   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '21        #4
I am awake 
Props total: 7571 7 K  Slaps total: 2121 2 K
Florida won.

Please stay the fu*k out. Thank you
+76   

4 months ago '16        #5
Kyr0s 
Props total: 1766 1 K  Slaps total: 351 351
Don’t test … Don’t tell in Florida.

It’s common knowledge they weren’t reporting accurately.
+121   

4 months ago '19        #6
StillAtit 
Props total: 4238 4 K  Slaps total: 1641 1 K
Floribama is the biggest MAGAt sh*t hole now...
Everyone I know with more than a GED education is fleeing that slack jawed freak fest like it's literally on fire

Even South Beach is garbage now

Florida went out BAAAAAAD

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '20        #7
ProfessionalDon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 36556 36 K  Slaps total: 6643 6 K
Silly logic

New York would have did a lot worse, it is over populated, people living on top of each other, it is the perfect atmosphere for a virus to grow

That sh*t would have ravaged New York and then Bill Maher would be saying the opposite

Last edited by ProfessionalDon; 01-25-2022 at 05:58 AM..
+55   

4 months ago '04        #8
R Dot 
Props total: 6182 6 K  Slaps total: 1947 1 K
I can’t believe happy people are to get told what to do from people that don’t give AF about them!

“It’s keeping the people safe!”

Bunch of fu*king pussies!
+18   

4 months ago '05        #9
BurninLz 
Props total: 13285 13 K  Slaps total: 969 969
It's fascinating living in Florida and watching the rest of the world still live in a mass delusion. Aint nobody coming to save you, it's time to stop complying with lies and bullsh*t
+37   

4 months ago '16        #10
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 127041 127 K  Slaps total: 13826 13 K
First world problems. How will people know you have money to spend if they cant see your face and you cant go to places for selfish reasons? Zillion and one.

4 months ago '18        #11
KdenIII 
Props total: 34713 34 K  Slaps total: 5317 5 K
i just had omicron, again sh*t was weak and a waste of time. had some bad head aches, was weak and slept a lot. now less than a week later im fine, what a surprise

cant believe some of u morons wants to keep cities shutdown over this flu
+23   

4 months ago '20        #12
Oldbrooklyn718 
Props total: 27915 27 K  Slaps total: 2020 2 K
 ProfessionalDon said
Silly logic

New York would have did a lot worse, it is over populated, people living on top of each other, it is the perfect atmosphere for a virus to grow

That sh*t would have ravaged New York and then Bill Maher would be saying the opposite

Yet...
Our homeless population barely had a hiccup this whole fu*king time
+26   

4 months ago '14        #13
guccibandana 
Props total: 5634 5 K  Slaps total: 1311 1 K
 Wiles said
What lie did he tell?
Florida doesn't test or even have mask mandates

I think a lot of ya’ll dont realize, the less people tested the less cases you have.

“Numbers dont lie!” Yeah but they can be skewed
+38   

4 months ago '05        #14
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 59826 59 K  Slaps total: 20050 20 K
 StillAtit said
Floribama is the biggest MAGAt sh*t hole now...
Everyone I know with more than a GED education is fleeing that slack jawed freak fest like it's literally on fire

Even South Beach is garbage now

Florida went out BAAAAAAD
@ is this true?

4 months ago '18        #15
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 16915 16 K  Slaps total: 3526 3 K
 I am awake said
Florida won.

Please stay the fu*k out. Thank you
Florida washed.

4 months ago '05        #16
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 59826 59 K  Slaps total: 20050 20 K
 KdenIII said
i just had omicron, again sh*t was weak and a waste of time. had some bad head aches, was weak and slept a lot. now less than a week later im fine, what a surprise

Covid is nothing more than another cold and flu respiratory virus with hypebeast. It's only a rare and minute percent of people that get severe covid and end up taking up hospital beds.

4 months ago '14        #17
guccibandana 
 KdenIII said

My friend had Delta and had to re learn how to walk and talk so what your point?
+17   

4 months ago '14        #18
guccibandana 
 4REAL said
Covid is nothing more than another cold and flu respiratory virus with hypebeast. It's only a rare and minute percent of people that get severe covid and end up taking up hospital beds.
Cold and flu are two different things. You idiots just be saying anything

It’s always you 05 old heads too

Pick up a book idiot
+11   

4 months ago '07        #19
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 45763 45 K  Slaps total: 19362 19 K
 Kyr0s said
Don’t test … Don’t tell in Florida.

It’s common knowledge they weren’t reporting accurately.
And NYC got caught Cookin all the numbers they could
+16   

4 months ago '18        #20
KdenIII 
Props total: 34713 34 K  Slaps total: 5317 5 K
 guccibandana said
My friend had Delta and had to re learn how to walk and talk so what your point?
your friend is feeble and weak. life goes on

that is my point

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '21        #21
I am awake 
Props total: 7571 7 K  Slaps total: 2121 2 K
 MrPersonality said
Florida washed.
Wash your a*s
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '20        #22
ProfessionalDon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 36556 36 K  Slaps total: 6643 6 K
 Oldbrooklyn718 said
Yet...
Our homeless population barely had a hiccup this whole fu*king time

Researchers say infections can happen outdoors, but the chances are massively reduced. Fresh air disperses and dilutes the virus.

The chances of becoming infected with the virus are far slimmer outdoors than indoors

next
+11   

4 months ago '11        #23
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 184181 184 K  Slaps total: 24823 24 K
Jersey is the most densely populated state and NYC is the most densely populated city

And our temperatures keep us inside for half the year as opposed to Florida

Last edited by Sin; 01-25-2022 at 06:58 AM..
+21   

4 months ago '14        #24
guccibandana 
 KdenIII said
your friend is feeble and weak. life goes on

that is my point
My friend was a personal trainer who was healthier than 99% of the forum

But he was anti vax boy was in the hospital for months.

What you think you’re immune to this stuff happening to you because you got it already? You aren't

4 months ago '21        #25
Playboy69  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 36482 36 K  Slaps total: 3913 3 K
 guccibandana said
Florida doesn't test or even have mask mandates

I think a lot of ya’ll dont realize, the less people tested the less cases you have.

“Numbers dont lie!” Yeah but they can be skewed
HOVA beg to differ

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  25
May 27 - 19 officers playing on their phones while waiting for tactical gear a..
96 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+87online now  20
Video inside Do not chase women!
158 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  13
Video inside The Ponzi Scheme Collapse in the Shoe Market
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+39online now  10
Video inside Katt Williams Calls Chris Rock "Head of The C[][]ns"; Says Oscars' Slap..
124 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy