Ari Lennox Wants Off J. Cole's Dreamville & Interscope: 'I'm Done & Tired'

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+35  88
44 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

4 months ago '15        #1
7396 page views
171 comments

Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x206
Props total: 163713 163 K  Slaps total: 20055 20 K
Ari Lennox Wants Off J. Cole's Dreamville & Interscope: 'I'm Done & Tired'

visit this link https://twitter.com/AriLennox/status/1485319158942212097?

visit this link https://twitter.com/AriLennox/status/1485325192578621446?

Ari Lennox has revealed she wants out of her contract with J. Cole’s Dreamville and Interscope Records.

Taking to Twitter on Sunday (January 23), the singer made clear her desire to be “free” after signing a deal with Cole’s label in 2015 and releasing her 2019 debut album Shea Butter Baby.

“I want to be dropped from the labels,” she wrote. “I’m done and tired.”

She also replied to a fan, “Shut up! The interview was the icing on the cake. I want to be free.”

The interview in question is Ari Lennox’s recent appearance on Podcast and Chill when the host asked, “Is someone fu*king you good right now?” while referring to her song “Pop.” The singer showed discomfort with the question and later claimed she’s quitting interviews altogether.

“And I’m never doing another interview again,” she wrote in a since-deleted tweet. “I been on this sober high for weeks. Genuine gratefulness and happiness. But then… men. Every time… never fails.”

Just days ago, Dreamville congratulated Ari Lennox on being nominated for Outstanding Female Artist of the Year at the NAACP Image Awards. Following comments about her label situation, she went on to talk about people being annoyed by her tweets.

“For Christ sakes,” she said. “I realize I have no hits. I realize you all can live without hearing my music. I realize my complaining is so aggravating to y’all. I don’t ask blogs to post me when I’m at my worst. You judgemental self hating parasites wouldn’t last a day as a signed artist.”

She continued, “Complaining that I’m complaining about the sh*t I’m going through meanwhile in real life you’re just as unhappy just as fu*ked up. You crying in the car too. Somebody calling you insensitive and dramatic too. You could never be honest about your demons.”

visit this link https://twitter.com/AriLennox/status/1485335331981332480?

visit this link https://twitter.com/AriLennox/status/1485335874933907458?

Earlier in the week, Ari Lennox also shared some thoughts on social media and explained why she deletes her tweets.

“sm is a traumatizing unhealthy place,” she wrote. “You are only accepted here if your perfect and seemingly happy at all times. When every single life knows that’s not realistic. People cry, people complain, people are mad in real life. I just never cared to be a fake a*s bi*ch.”

She added, “No one is ‘bullying me’ into deleting my tweets. I had enough of giving clout to losers. And sometimes I just like a clean slate. I’ve been this way all my life. And when I said I felt like this was my karma. I’m aware I’ve said some incredibly insensitive and dumb a*s sh*t in the past. No need to keep reminding me of the regret I feel every day.”

More:
visit this link https://hiphopdx.com/news .. ope-done-tired
+14   

best
worst
171 comments

4 months ago '20        #2
NamelessONE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 16150 16 K  Slaps total: 4556 4 K
That’s was disrespectful on the interviewers part but I don’t know this artist.
+63   

4 months ago '15        #3
Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x206 OP
Props total: 163713 163 K  Slaps total: 20055 20 K

+191   

4 months ago '04        #4
Fresh Beats 
Props total: 39867 39 K  Slaps total: 1310 1 K
She’s always in the news for the wrong reason.
+60   

4 months ago '17        #5
Pythagoras  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 57469 57 K  Slaps total: 12124 12 K
Lol Cole ain't releasing her.
+21   

4 months ago '21        #6
Young Defiant  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 15437 15 K  Slaps total: 28391 28 K
J.Cole a pu**y.... he just sitting there watching her disrespect him and his label.

4 months ago '04        #7
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x83
Props total: 170534 170 K  Slaps total: 21761 21 K
That's a tough situation to be in. She's very talented, blessings to her
+31   

4 months ago '16        #8
Ravishing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 22319 22 K  Slaps total: 2054 2 K
 NamelessONE said
That’s was disrespectful on the interviewers part but I don’t know this artist.

+65   

4 months ago '13        #9
EZ Green  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 78716 78 K  Slaps total: 10678 10 K
The game is tough for real artists. I hope she finds her grace
+71   

4 months ago '13        #10
King2aGod 
Props total: 26384 26 K  Slaps total: 4835 4 K
 Pythagoras said
This bout to play out really interesting. Cole pretty much ain't got no choice but to release her in order to stay in line with the persona he's built. But at the same time, she did sign a contract with him....
+77   

4 months ago '20        #11
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 51902 51 K  Slaps total: 3546 3 K
Lil mama sounds like she's going through it.

Cole's a signed artist himself and he has her signed to his label.

Sounds like a 360 deal gone bad.

+38   

4 months ago '19        #12
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 39237 39 K  Slaps total: 5391 5 K
I mean....if she said it in the song, why be offended that someone asked u about it? And why single out men...if Angela Yee asked the same question to a dude or even her on that platform, I bet she wouldn't take it the same...

i'm a staunch supporter of women, especially Black women...but this is a situation where u can't have ur cake and eat it too...i know s*x isn't her only subject matter, by a long shot, but there are ways she could've handled that interviewer, defended her subject matter, while upholding her dignity all at the same time.

She also seems way overly concerned with what 'fans' say on sm...it's a cancer if u let it be...she just realized she's addicted to the attention is all, and it's time to ween herself off...the whole 'sober high' thing is probably both literal and figurative for her.
+77   

4 months ago '19        #13
Souloh  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 20316 20 K  Slaps total: 3740 3 K
 Pythagoras said
Cole should because they’re definitely holding her back, same with TDE not releasing SZA’s albums whenever she gets a buzz going. Both of them have the potential to be bigger than they are, but get pushed aside so that the bench players on each roster can drop albums that nobody checks for.
+8   

4 months ago '17        #14
Pythagoras  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 57469 57 K  Slaps total: 12124 12 K
 Souloh said
Cole should because they’re definitely holding her back, same with TDE not releasing SZA’s albums whenever she gets a buzz going. Both of them have the potential to be bigger than they are, but get pushed aside so that the bench players on each roster can drop albums that nobody checks for.
That's your opinion.
+6   

4 months ago '19        #15
Souloh  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 20316 20 K  Slaps total: 3740 3 K
 Pythagoras said
That's your opinion.
It’s more of an observation than an opinion.

That Shea Butter Baby album was more successful than any album on Dreamville not released by J. Cole and they haven’t dropped another album from her since. that Pressure song been buzzing on social media for months, the song with Jazmine Sullivan had females going crazy last year and the song with Summer Walker has been gaining traction, but instead of getting ready to release her album they’re about to drop a J.I.D album that will be forgotten a day after it drops.
+31   

4 months ago '11        #16
Gamemusic 
Props total: 12547 12 K  Slaps total: 996 996
I don't like how she singled out "men" cause one "man" asked her a question about her song lyrics. The fact she didn't remember saying that, sounds to me like somebody writing her sh*t. Also if social media is so toxic, just get off of it.
+65   

4 months ago '04        #17
DJ Maximum|M  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 53014 53 K  Slaps total: 3723 3 K
 Bklynzfinest said
I mean....if she said it in the song, why be offended that someone asked u about it? And why single out men...if Angela Yee asked the same question to a dude or even her on that platform, I bet she wouldn't take it the same...

i'm a staunch supporter of women, especially Black women...but this is a situation where u can't have ur cake and eat it too...i know s*x isn't her only subject matter, by a long shot, but there are ways she could've handled that interviewer, defended her subject matter, while upholding her dignity all at the same time.

She also seems way overly concerned with what 'fans' say on sm...it's a cancer if u let it be...she just realized she's addicted to the attention is all, and it's time to ween herself off...the whole 'sober high' thing is probably both literal and figurative for her.
In this case I think it put her off guard. I dont believe in the blaming of all men but dude dudbt gave to come at it like that. This isnt the first time she had issues with worrying about what the fans say. Alot of pressure to deliver and she has to realize social media is toxic for artists. I know she wants to interact with fans and have that engagement but at what cost?
+1   

4 months ago '14        #18
westsidedon 
Props total: 13360 13 K  Slaps total: 952 952
lol

she not above those type of questions...what is her problem? she not beyonce.

she needs to hire a p.r. to teach her how to handle herself if she can't do it on her own.

want to quit life cuz a n*gga asked if u was fuccin ...bi*ch got videos where she in the tub with bubbles all over her and sh*t.. what he suppose to ask you ..."So what are your thoughts on the tension building along the Russian-Ukraine border"??
+20   

4 months ago '20        #19
LordRupertEvert 
Props total: 8894 8 K  Slaps total: 560 560
 Top Goon said

Ross a fool
+15   

4 months ago '09        #20
NoHope  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3267 3 K  Slaps total: 1019 1 K
Gave her a listen, her sound is lackluster.. ..

4 months ago '05        #21
JohnnyCage202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 111126 111 K  Slaps total: 4767 4 K

Uptown…

+6   

4 months ago '19        #22
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 111072 111 K  Slaps total: 25608 25 K
Most of these rappers don't know how to run a label
+4   

4 months ago '05        #23
xratede 
Props total: 1646 1 K  Slaps total: 141 141
 Souloh said
It’s more of an observation than an opinion.

That Shea Butter Baby album was more successful than any album on Dreamville not released by J. Cole and they haven’t dropped another album from her since. that Pressure song been buzzing on social media for months, the song with Jazmine Sullivan had females going crazy last year and the song with Summer Walker has been gaining traction, but instead of getting ready to release her album they’re about to drop a J.I.D album that will be forgotten a day after it drops.
I agree, I just don’t understand why r&b singers sign to a label ran by a rapper expecting to get put to the forefront as it relates to releasing albums.
+12   

4 months ago '14        #24
215Philly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 111763 111 K  Slaps total: 38098 38 K
 FrivolousSports said
Most of these rappers don't know how to run a label
He seems to be successful
+8   

4 months ago '19        #25
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 111072 111 K  Slaps total: 25608 25 K
 215Philly said
He seems to be successful
But his label isn't

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+87online now  25
Video inside Do not chase women!
160 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+19online now  15
May 27 - 19 officers playing on their phones while waiting for tactical gear a..
96 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+39online now  13
Video inside Katt Williams Calls Chris Rock "Head of The C[][]ns"; Says Oscars' Slap..
124 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  10
Video inside The Ponzi Scheme Collapse in the Shoe Market
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy