Have you ever lost your passion for gaming?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

4 months ago '05        #1
2734 page views
100 comments

Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 26886 26 K  Slaps total: 2612 2 K
Have you ever lost your passion for gaming?

For me it was around 2013. A lot of it was fueled by depression and anxiety that in part was trigger by a bad break up. The break up wasn’t the main source but more the straw. I simply couldn’t enjoy playing games by myself. That’s not to say I stopped completely, but it was really only Madden since I’m in leagues and it’s a sort of social network with people I’ve become friends with over the years and not simply a single player game.

My life is different now and after handling my mental health and getting myself into a good position in life my passion has returned for video games this past year. I’m excited to be back invested in an industry and community that has provided such great moments and memories for me.
+39   

best
worst
100 comments

4 months ago '17        #2
Kingz2 
Props total: 44797 44 K  Slaps total: 4217 4 K
I wouldn’t say lost but had to refocus my time somewhere else. Especially when I wasn’t where I wanted to be in life stopped gaming for like 2 years everything fun and was full time on my grind
+29   

4 months ago '07        #3
dollababy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 46844 46 K  Slaps total: 10684 10 K
Yup, after playing online and everybody was good as hell. No way I’ll have that time nor want it to be the best 2k or Madden player in the world.
+28   

4 months ago '18        #4
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 46693 46 K  Slaps total: 6832 6 K
Hell yeah
+1   

4 months ago '11        #5
RileyEsco 
Props total: 75765 75 K  Slaps total: 576 576
Yup. I had a lot of personal sh*t I was dealing with at the time, and a bunch of things I loved just lost their luster; gaming being one of them.

But not quite fully. I would still play older sh*t time to time, but I could never pull the trigger on gettin' a newer console. The last console where I was a hardcore gamer, was PS2. I have a Wii, but I haven't completed a single game for it. Everything console from there on up, I've only played at one of the homie's crib.
+8   

4 months ago '05        #6
JealousOnesHate  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10713 10 K  Slaps total: 525 525
 Kingz2 said
I wouldn’t say lost but had to refocus my time somewhere else. Especially when I wasn’t where I wanted to be in life stopped gaming for like 2 years everything fun and was full time on my grind
same here. i didnt lose my passion, but it had to slow down when my 2nd daughter was born. i always kept up with game news, check in with my favorite streamers and whatnot, just never had the actual time to play.

now, she a little older and wifey copped a PS5 for me, so im gettin my swagger back
+13   

4 months ago '05        #7
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39674 39 K  Slaps total: 4476 4 K
 believeallwomen said
Yup, after playing online and everybody was good as hell. No way I’ll have that time nor want it to be the best 2k or Madden player in the world.
I stopped playing online when I realized some of those people are on there 10 hours a day. I got a Full time job + wife and a dog. I don't have the time for a full time gaming.

Switched to basically single player games only but really just play like 2-3 hours a week
+21   

4 months ago '10        #8
Billy Hoyle 
Props total: 5204 5 K  Slaps total: 693 693
Like people before me I slowed down a lot. I was at my peak when gears of war dropped. That sh*t legit had me hooked. If this twitch sh*t was around back then no one was seeing me on gears of war
+9   

4 months ago '15        #9
adomni 
Props total: 157 157  Slaps total: 9 9
Had this PS5 for a lil while now, played this sh*t for bout 20 minutes. Might change when some games come out thats actually fire to me.
+8   

4 months ago '20        #10
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 101209 101 K  Slaps total: 7529 7 K
Up and down
I’m going to back away from games starting in February

I was enjoying Halo and a couple of games since Thanksgiving
+6   

4 months ago '13        #11
Phenom354 
Props total: 52441 52 K  Slaps total: 3543 3 K
Every time I play Madden
+1   

4 months ago '18        #12
illicit lee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 10865 10 K  Slaps total: 1164 1 K
Yes as soon as I started fuxking lol
+7   

4 months ago '17        #13
Thing Tucker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 5223 5 K  Slaps total: 1925 1 K
It seems like there really isn’t even a game that’s worth devoting actual time into being decent at it. Well and let’s say you are lit on Warzone,Battlefield,Halo or any online multiplayer shooter/Ranked game…. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter unless you are profiting for your time. For me gaming was an outlet. It’s been something I’ve grown up on and the party chat on xbox with gang is jokes lol. I have lots of hobbies that include being in nature and pushing myself and fitness etc.

I noticed I was playing more due to stressors and found myself in a toxic pattern with wanting to even wake up and get on Warzone or PubG when it was popping it lead to my Ex feeling neglected… all those nights I’d get home from the gym and hop right on the game and she would stop by to say she was going to bed and I’d say i’ll be there in a bit and still be a few hours. Didn’t think it was that harmful at the time.. I still was always down to throw d*ck at her and still try to spend time but it became more robotic than romantic. Kids definitely change dynamics in a relationship… depression, Not working… all this to say this I just use the Series X as a media center now and after my break up I didn’t even turn it on because i was seeing it as a cause for the situation. Slowly I been playing a little forza and trying other stuff but I can’t immerse like I used to nor care too. Boggles my mind that people will really be on the game grinding out gun skins and sh*t lol be up all night…. Nah fam gotta break away from constant pleasure which is what it offers a big stimulation to the regions in your brain … same for this fast food music and fast food and s*x and other things it’s instant pleasure that you want to keep on full throttle
+10   

4 months ago '14        #14
Aquas 
Props total: 4683 4 K  Slaps total: 1031 1 K
It seemed like that at one point, or I was just bored with the games I had. Its been over a year since Ive touched a video game though, I sold my PS4 when I quit my job so I could be more productive during that time (and so me and my family cold have something to eat. We were down bad then).. Im not tripping on video games as of right now (and haven't been since I sold my last console) so to answer your question I guess I have..

4 months ago '16        #15
Rumble  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17943 17 K  Slaps total: 1631 1 K
yes. and it's really been fu*king with me. i've had a ps5 since launch day and haven't finished a single game. i wish i could at least say it's a glorified blu ray player or something but with everything being digital, i use my apple tv for most sh*t. i played ghost of tsushima for like a week, some cod for like a week, spiderman for a few days and idk. i'm just not enjoying it like i used to.

4 months ago '04        #16
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7632 7 K  Slaps total: 1350 1 K
I've never had a passion, gaming has always a way to relax, have fun..way more of a leisurely pursuit rather than me looking for some fulfillment from it
+1   

4 months ago '06        #17
Be Easy 
Props total: 20489 20 K  Slaps total: 2363 2 K
they need to make games pick up and play again

where I can log on and have the same access and everyone else online to the best guns, vehicles etc

adults are majority buyers and players yet kids are the only ones who can stay competitive hour wise

and it’s not healthy for anyone

I’ve moved to in home arcades and will be back on vr when psvr 2 drops

I may have to retire from online play

4 months ago '04        #18
cuzjuan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10496 10 K  Slaps total: 4121 4 K
oh yeah, any time i log on here and read pony threads...

also when ppl say a game is trash and haven't played a lick of it...

or say its trash just cause they don't like a game, or not good at a game..
i respect devs, but imagine some one calling ur five year or more work trash after some screen shots or a 60 sec trailer, smh..

4 months ago '11        #19
Kooper  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 20766 20 K  Slaps total: 3002 3 K
COD update.

PS5 always freezes

I just watch YouTube now
+1   

4 months ago '20        #20
UzamakiSageMode 
Props total: 3287 3 K  Slaps total: 773 773
Not enough free time before...

Life comes at u fast. Good or Bad

And u also have to have a sense of inner piece. Being able to handle ur daily obligations and then say to urself

"Mannn phuk it, i want to play and relax. So i will do just that and ignore while not allowing any unimportant shyt"
+2   

4 months ago '18        #21
classicrap1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 19840 19 K  Slaps total: 26415 26 K
 Destoroyah said
Absolutely. I mean, I'm a gamer for life, but I'm on a looong hiatus right now.

Games just don't hit like they used to.

Everything is about put a game out even if its not ready and 'fix it later' + microtransactions and the "gamers" today who don't know any better, defend the nonsense.

These lame game studios probably write their apology notes (for a lack of quality) before they even create the first line of code for the games they sh*t out.

I just want to enjoy a full on experience where I don't have to constantly invest more time (waiting for the release itself) and money (removed content, that's sold later) than I spent initially to have a great time.

If games were more polished and weren't infected with microtransactions, who knows, I might actually come out of retirement.

Thats a big might tho.
and you n*ggas wonder why i post old school games on here so much.
+1   

4 months ago '05        #22
GodzMustBeCrazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8877 8 K  Slaps total: 1973 1 K
Every other week... I go through spurts...
+2   

4 months ago '16        #23
Supreme God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 73547 73 K  Slaps total: 5297 5 K
Yup. As I got older, just naturally. What really got me back, was covid. Which is strange, cause I'm naturally a home body anyway. But for some reason I just got back on games. Not like when I was younger younger , but more than when I was in my twenties. I think having a six year old son kind of helped do it as well.

It's still just for fun though. I haven't completely finished a game in maybe a damn decade, but I'm committed to beating a*sassin's Creed valhalla, then darksiders genesis, then ima try and beat halo infinite (my first halo), while also trying to finally finish gtav(the first gta I never finished, that's how I knew I was getting bored with gaming, back around 2013ish).

Last edited by Supreme God; 01-22-2022 at 11:20 PM..
+4   

4 months ago '20        #24
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x196
Props total: 105209 105 K  Slaps total: 21475 21 K
Always it happens so randomly I be like I don’t need this shxt I need to start being an adult and sell my systems but 6 months down the line would grab another console because adulting is boring. I’ve had the regular Xbox One, S, X, Base PS4 (twice), PS4 Pro, and on my second Nintendo switch in its lifespan dont judge me lol
+2   

4 months ago '15        #25
mwtx  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 35520 35 K  Slaps total: 5614 5 K
Nowadays once a week I might go pretty hard for a handful of hours but that’s pretty much it.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  31
Image(s) inside What's up with these n*ggas bringing batty riders back into style.
79 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+44online now  22
Horror film based off Winnie the Pooh in the works; Winnie the Pooh: Blood & H..
118 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+22online now  19
May 25 - Officials say gunman was in the school for up to an hour before offic..
601 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  19
Did Marcus Jordan Sell his “Sole” in Backdoor Sneaker Scandal?
121 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy