B.E.T finally gets something right…

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+50  73
123 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

4 months ago '17        #1
3140 page views
69 comments

WAVYASSWARREN 
Props total: 10189 10 K  Slaps total: 237 237
B.E.T finally gets something right…

Bet brought back one of the GOAT shows….New York undercover is back y’all

+68   

best
worst
69 comments

4 months ago '04        #2
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 55444 55 K  Slaps total: 4008 4 K
In hi def?
+11   

4 months ago '17        #3
WAVYASSWARREN  OP
 NAKHI ALLAH said
In hi def?
Yes sir and they going in order from the pilot
+37   

4 months ago '14        #4
Sphynx 
Props total: 111959 111 K  Slaps total: 28525 28 K
I wonder how they getting around the music rights issues?

The reason this show is not steaming/syndicated often is not because the networks don't know the show is popular.. It's because one of it's strengths was that it used new and popular music at the time.

Music rights on TV are expensive as hell and the whole point of syndication/dvds/streaming is to be able to re-present a show for cheap as hell but still being able to make A LOT of money.

With the music still included this show even in syndication/streaming is a money trap.

A show from the 70s and 80s famously had the same problem. WKRP in Cincinnati was a groundbreaking show that used a lot of popular music from the era.

But if you never saw it in first run airings you never really saw it. Because when they put it in syndication they replaced all the expensive popular music from that time with generic music and it lost the magic. To this day they still never been willing to buy back those music rights for a proper re-release

Same thing with "All That" on Paramount+ .. It's all that but ALL the musical performances have been taken out. SNL has the same issue. Its why that's an expensive show to re-run and they rarely do it with the musical performances still included

Last edited by Sphynx; 01-22-2022 at 10:47 PM..
+41   

4 months ago '06        #5
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
Props total: 5221 5 K  Slaps total: 68 68
 NAKHI ALLAH said
In hi def?
It's good enough .. memories frfrrr .. I've been recordin' em, thank GAWD they started in order (at least that's what the TV Guide says)
+5   

4 months ago '17        #6
WAVYASSWARREN  OP
 Sphynx said

The reason this show is not steaming/syndicated often is not because the networks don't know the show is popular.. It's because one of it's strengths was that it used new and popular music at the time.

Music rights on TV are expensive as hell and the whole point of syndication/dvds/streaming is to be able to re-present a show for cheap as hell but still being able to make A LOT of money.

With the music still included this show even in syndication/streaming is a money trap.

A show from the 70s and 80s famously had the same problem. WKRP in Cincinnati was a groundbreaking show that used a lot of popular music from the era.

But if you never saw it in first run airings you never really saw it. Because when they put it in syndication they replaced all the expensive popular music from that time with generic music and it lost the magic. To this day they still never been willing to buy back those music rights for a proper re-release

Same thing with "All That" on Paramount+ .. It's all that but ALL the musical performances have been taken out. SNL has the same issue. Its why that's an expensive show to re-run and they rarely do it with the musical performances still included

Very informative post I didn’t know that’s how things are ran. But I did notice all that does not have any performances on paramount+. So far New York undercover the episodes are still fully intact performances and all watching the ojays perform rn lol
+5   

4 months ago '15        #7
jealousonesen v 
Props total: 6519 6 K  Slaps total: 294 294
Is it available to stream on the app too?
+3   

4 months ago '17        #8
WAVYASSWARREN  OP
 ~ k*lla KaZi ~ said
It's good enough .. memories frfrrr .. I've been recordin' em, thank GAWD they started in order (at least that's what the TV Guide says)
Bruh they already had one mixed up lol the pilot and second ep but I’m not tripping they in order so I can’t complain Lmao

4 months ago '14        #9
Sphynx 
Props total: 111959 111 K  Slaps total: 28525 28 K
Cont.

I was reading Chris Kattan's book, and he was talking about how he's pretty much erased from SNL history because a lot of his most famous sketches used popular music

The Roxbury guys back then was like a weekly sketch in the 90s

If you watch the SNL reruns, NBC only re-runs like 1 or 2 CLASSIC Roxbury sketches in reruns because they don't wanna pay for "What is Love?"

Same reason 90% of the Spartan Cheerleader sketches have been erased from history. They don't wanna pay for "Everybody Dance Now"

Its why if you watch SNL today they basically don't allow any popular/contemporary music. NOW they're much more streaming, minded
+16   

4 months ago '17        #10
WAVYASSWARREN  OP
Bruh seal had straight slaps in the 90s thank god for New York undercovers ear for music

+13   

4 months ago '06        #11
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
 jealousonesen v said
Is it available to stream on the app too?
Wish it was, then I could just rip it instead of recordin'
+2   

4 months ago '04        #12
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 37626 37 K  Slaps total: 5602 5 K
 Sphynx said

You know your sh*t and yes you are right about both shows..... watched a doc years ago about it
+5   

4 months ago '05        #13
stanis3k  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 5772 5 K  Slaps total: 419 419
What days does it come on and is it on demand
+2   

4 months ago '17        #14
WAVYASSWARREN  OP
 stanis3k said
What days does it come on and is it on demand
The only eps on demand are the ones they have already showed so like rn they have 4 on demand. My tv shoes they have been airing on Fridays at 9
+2   

4 months ago '13        #15
KennyX93 
Props total: 6451 6 K  Slaps total: 1394 1 K
 Sphynx said

Mtume died this month and he had something to do with the music in this show. I think he was the problem since BET started running the show again right after he died.
+3   

4 months ago '04        #16
ATLDOPEBOI24 
Props total: 21908 21 K  Slaps total: 3034 3 K
They dead a*s wrong for showing two episodes a week like the sh*t not 30 years old
+14   

4 months ago '05        #17
stanis3k  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 5772 5 K  Slaps total: 419 419
 WAVYASSWARREN said
The only eps on demand are the ones they have already showed so like rn they have 4 on demand. My tv shoes they have been airing on Fridays at 9
Good looks on the info
+1   

4 months ago '06        #18
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
 ATLDOPEBOI24 said
They dead a*s wrong for showing two episodes a week like the sh*t not 30 years old
sh*t kray,

This is a complete list of episodes of the American police drama New York Undercover, which originally aired on the Fox network from September 8, 1994, to February 11, 1999, through 4 seasons with 89 episodes produced. The episode number reflects the order in which they were aired, which sometimes differed from the order of filming.

8/month

They shoulda put the whole thang on BET+ and be dunn
+5   

4 months ago '12        #19
HeightsBound  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 36623 36 K  Slaps total: 3633 3 K
I’m on Paramount + and they got BET, don’t see it on there.

4 months ago '17        #20
WAVYASSWARREN  OP
 ~ k*lla KaZi ~ said
sh*t kray,

8/month

They shoulda put the whole thang on BET+ and be dunn
Dropping them sh*ts once a week like they new

Siting there waiting a week after eddies car gets blown up wondering what happened like we ain’t seen him die 30x lmao

+10   

4 months ago '07        #21
datdude07 
Props total: 3673 3 K  Slaps total: 1147 1 K
 WAVYASSWARREN said
Yes sir and they going in order from the pilot
My favorite episode is with dude mouse. This is one of dem goat shows
+3   

4 months ago '04        #22
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
Props total: 63827 63 K  Slaps total: 7717 7 K
I remember the episode where some n*gga got his finger ripped off
That had me fu*ked up for a moment

4 months ago '05        #23
CripKiLLa 
Props total: 1781 1 K  Slaps total: 295 295
I been following. Fridays at 9 and 10 PM. MAKES ME miss childhood. Thursday nights. Living single then Martin then NY undercover.

Wack how they k*lled Eddie off tho. Ice T episodes were the best
+11   

4 months ago '04        #24
kniccalodeon 
Props total: 12401 12 K  Slaps total: 584 584
 Sphynx said

Thank you for the post. This has always bothered me, it destroyed Daria because the music was such a part of the scenes of the show. Even the creator himself wrote a statement for the DVD set saying basically what you just said. It sucks that the shows can’t have an included rate for the music to use it in syndication. You would think something could be worked out, I can a*sume something is better than nothing but the music industry wants to beast and now we get sh*tty background music or no music at all. It sucks. And it’s the reason we haven’t gotten a DVD release for NY Undercover
+2   

4 months ago '10        #25
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 111406 111 K  Slaps total: 22437 22 K
 Sphynx said

Learned something
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+35online now  19
Image(s) inside Where did you start?
188 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  16
Reseller Zadeh Kicks Leaves Customers With Millions in Outstanding Orders
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+18online now  16
Image(s) inside Jamaican beef patty ever made you speak a new language?
77 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  14
Article inside 'Predator' Spyware Let Government Hackers Break Into Chrome and Andro..
9 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy