Jan 22 - Dwayne Johnson's Project Rock Signs Multiyear Deal With UFC

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
25 replies  @sports

most viewed right now
23 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 months ago '05        #1
1578 page views
25 comments

Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 26894 26 K  Slaps total: 2612 2 K
Jan 22 - Dwayne Johnson's Project Rock Signs Multiyear Deal With UFC

visit this link https://www.instagram.com/p/CZBrfwFr6c-/?utm_medium=share_

Project Rock, actor Dwayne Johnson’s athletic-wear label with Under Armour Inc., has signed a multiyear deal with the Ultimate f*ghting Championship to bring his shoes to the mixed-martial arts promotion’s bouts.

The agreement will put Project Rock footwear on male and female UFC athletes and corner teams for f*ght-week events, workouts, weigh-ins and in the locker room. They’ll also wear the shoes as they walk out to the ring before taking them off for the actual match. The parties plan to release co-branded shoes later this year. Financial terms were not disclosed.

“UFC athletes are amongst the greatest, toughest, focused, most disciplined and hardest training athletes on the planet,” Johnson said in an email. “ I am proud, grateful and humbled that my innovative Project Rock training shoe is now the official global footwear partner of the UFC.”

The UFC has been busy adding sponsorships over the past year and talks are ongoing for additional deals. It signed new pacts with sports betting firm DraftKings Inc. and job site ZipRecruiter Inc., renewed long-term arrangements with energy-drink maker Monster Beverage Corp. and men’s grooming company Manscaped LLC and brought on watchmaker Timex Group as a licensing partner. It also teamed up with Crypto.com to put the cryptocurrency trading site’s name on f*ght kits worn by UFC athletes.

The Project Rock deal brings together two parties involved with talent and media agency Endeavor Group Holdings Inc., which took full ownership of the UFC prior to going public last year. Johnson is close friends with UFC president Dana White and has been an Endeavor client since 2011.

“We’re really excited about this because the exposure that we collectively give to each other is massive,“ UFC Chief Operating Officer Lawrence Epstein said in an interview. "Any product that he connects with has his DNA all over it. It’s not a logo slap."

Project Rock replaces Reebok as the UFC’s footwear sponsor as the previous contract expires. Reebok is going through a transition after Adidas AG sold the business to Authentic Brands Group Inc. for $2.5 billion last year.

Footwear Focus
Under Armour is finishing up a multiyear overhaul under Chief Executive Officer Patrik Frisk with shoes becoming a renewed priority as management looks to boost profitability. Footwear sales rose 10% in the third quarter, and Project Rock performed particularly well. The UFC deal also comes amid changes in the Under Armour marketing department; Chief Marketing Officer Alessandro de Pestel will step down in February.

Johnson’s partnership with Under Armour began in 2016, joining an endorsement lineup that includes basketball star Stephen Curry and golfer Jordan Spieth. The line isn’t sport-specific, instead focusing on training in the gym and weight room. Under Armour has released signature sneakers, apparel collections and accessories like backpacks and workout headphones under the Project Rock label.

Dwayne Johnson GETTY sub
Dwayne JohnsonPhotographer: Jesse Grant/Getty Images
It’s one of many projects in progress for Johnson. In addition to acting, Johnson owns Teremana Tequila, energy drink Zoa and his production house Seven Bucks. In 2020, he was part of a group that spent $15 million to acquire the bankrupt XFL football league, which now plans to return to the field in 2023.

Johnson, one of the biggest pro wrestling stars ever, never fought in the UFC. He said he considered training for it back in the late 2000s but “smartened up cause I prefer my jaw intact.”

“Being ‘the hardest worker in the room’ isn’t just a catchy slogan,” said Johnson. “It’s my life. But it’s not just my life. It’s the life and soul of every man and woman that competes in the UFC. They are the hardest workers in the room.”

visit this link https://www.bloomberg.com .. r-under-armour

+10   

best
worst
25 comments

4 months ago '17        #2
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 83067 83 K  Slaps total: 6959 6 K
+9   

4 months ago '11        #3
PotheadFocker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 36888 36 K  Slaps total: 4330 4 K
Under Armor spin-off. Interesting. Can the f*ghters get some money off of it ?
+2   

4 months ago '16        #4
BathWaterMelody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 94146 94 K  Slaps total: 12331 12 K

if ya smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell la la la.......

+3   

4 months ago '04        #5
Mega 
Props total: 6587 6 K  Slaps total: 705 705
So MAGA Armour
+2   

4 months ago '14        #6
JoMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9959 9 K  Slaps total: 1084 1 K

4 months ago '18        #7
Sandyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 62961 62 K  Slaps total: 11863 11 K
n*ggas in tap out shirts bout to get fresh like the rock
+1   

4 months ago '15        #8
SSJ4 Goku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 111137 111 K  Slaps total: 11857 11 K
If you would've told me in my childhood this guy....

Was gonna have a short wrestling career & have his own empire; i would've laughed at you & said some dumb sh*t like "He's gonna wrestle forever"

His come up is phenomenal. He avoid the rigorous part of a wrestling career, most guys faced in their 30's while on top. Goat sh*t for for real.

Edit: And just saw that his shoe replaces reebok That's big.

Last edited by SSJ4 Goku; 01-22-2022 at 03:31 PM..
+13   

4 months ago '12        #9
daman729 
Props total: 98146 98 K  Slaps total: 4031 4 K
Gotta give to the Rock man. Dude came a looooooooooooong a*s way. Props to him.
+6   

4 months ago '17        #10
Willy Boban  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 64170 64 K  Slaps total: 14855 14 K
That baldie and smile made that n*gga millions. Props.
+1   

4 months ago '18        #11
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 16915 16 K  Slaps total: 3526 3 K
Damn everything this n*gga produced since being The Rock is straight garbage...

Same wit Kevin Hart’s early too...

God knows I’m inspired by their hustle tho so I’m not bashing n*ggas... I’m just being real

It’s just that anything with these two n*ggas is a strong pass and I don’t know why

4 months ago '20        #12
Gen Anti Fruit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
Props total: 116708 116 K  Slaps total: 5655 5 K
Heard his line is actually decent and shoes are solid.

But I would never wear UA shoes I respect myself too much.
+3   

4 months ago '22        #13
obsidianjones 
Props total: 143 143  Slaps total: 27 27
He gonna fu*k around and become a billie out here.
+2   

4 months ago '07        #14
GrezyNclean  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 4949 4 K  Slaps total: 558 558
 Gen Anti Fruit said
Heard his line is actually decent and shoes are solid.

But I would never wear UA shoes I respect myself too much.
They're solid for athletic wear like if you go to the gym or running. No one is expecting you to wear them to the club or lounge
+2   

4 months ago '12        #15
TheThreadLord  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17240 17 K  Slaps total: 1378 1 K
 PotheadFocker said
Nah!

4 months ago '12        #16
TheThreadLord  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17240 17 K  Slaps total: 1378 1 K
 obsidianjones said
and vin want him to do a fast furious 20

4 months ago '05        #17
judono?  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 10483 10 K  Slaps total: 3260 3 K
This is a power move. Im rocking with the prtnership
+1   

4 months ago '16        #18
kamal1978 
Props total: 7201 7 K  Slaps total: 2965 2 K
fu*k the rock

4 months ago '21        #19
Busterdog 
Props total: 3540 3 K  Slaps total: 226 226
 obsidianjones said
He can’t be far off, he been making bank for years now and studios know they can bet on him so here’s hoping he gets there.
+4   

4 months ago '04        #20
smurfdoran 
Props total: 1487 1 K  Slaps total: 119 119
292,000,000 followers geez
+1   

4 months ago '10        #21
teewhy3stax 
Props total: 1076 1 K  Slaps total: 89 89
Props to the rock but U.gly A.rmor is trash.

4 months ago '04        #22
ayaknow 
Props total: 617 617  Slaps total: 27 27
 GrezyNclean said
They're solid for athletic wear like if you go to the gym or running. No one is expecting you to wear them to the club or lounge
Bought a pair for the gym when they first came out, they were decent but they were the high tops an I hated putting them on. I haven’t followed his sneakers since. Def not no club shoes or anywhere else but the athletic areas.

4 months ago '04        #23
killadre  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 55730 55 K  Slaps total: 3846 3 K
 PotheadFocker said
I’m sure the UFC got an extra $25 to kick in for the f*ghters for this.
+1   

4 months ago '18        #24
classicrap1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 19840 19 K  Slaps total: 26419 26 K
 SSJ4 Goku said
If you would've told me in my childhood this guy....

Was gonna have a short wrestling career & have his own empire; i would've laughed at you & said some dumb sh*t like "He's gonna wrestle forever"

His come up is phenomenal. He avoid the rigorous part of a wrestling career, most guys faced in their 30's while on top. Goat sh*t for for real.

Edit: And just saw that his shoe replaces reebok That's big.
good. and triple h and shawn micheals are now getting there karma. for bullying,having so much talent in wwf 1997 to 2010 fired.

there juvie and disgusting locker room hazing and bully and driving wrestlters to depression,sucidie and running them out the business. and fu*king there wives.

and even during the 2010 to 2018 era. all the bullying,jobbing,and strict favoritsm and racists sh*t triple h and stephiane did.

8 YEARS OF TRIPLE H HARD WORK OF BUILDING UP NXT AND BUYING OUT THE INDIES AND making his own stars.

he got the same treatment he did for aobut 22 year of mistreating and bullying talent.

even del rio,ach,mark henry, and the rock ,and so many other black,latino wreslters talk about how racists they were.

4 months ago '07        #25
GrezyNclean  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 4949 4 K  Slaps total: 558 558
 ayaknow said
Bought a pair for the gym when they first came out, they were decent but they were the high tops an I hated putting them on. I haven’t followed his sneakers since. Def not no club shoes or anywhere else but the athletic areas.
I don't wear high tops to the gym heard they mess up your ankles
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  9
Justin Timberlake sells his music catalog for $100 million
191 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+54online now  7
May 26 - Shooter’s Mom speaks, Footage entering school, SRO on campus was armed!
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+16online now  5
How does 2 n*ggas from canada create the same concept album at the same time?
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+41online now  5
Image(s) inside Where did you start?
224 comments
2 days ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy