NFL Team Season Expectations vs Performances

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

4 months ago '04        #1
1808 page views
84 comments

slipnslide85  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 22602 22 K  Slaps total: 918 918
NFL Team Season Expectations vs Performances

+3   

best
worst
84 comments

4 months ago '06        #2
philly337  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 58955 58 K  Slaps total: 16947 16 K
The hell the raiders and eagles doing so high on performance
+6   

4 months ago '04        #3
born wisdom 
Props total: 5429 5 K  Slaps total: 458 458
 philly337 said
I guess they are going off of records. But the birds did become the number one rushing team. Expectations were beyond low and nobody had them making the playoffs. But they some how backed in. Now idk about the raiders.
+9   

4 months ago '06        #4
 born wisdom said
I guess they are going off of records. But the birds did become the number one rushing team. Expectations were beyond low and nobody had them making the playoffs. But they some how backed in. Now idk about the raiders.
Exceeding expectations maybe but im just talking how they're ranked on performance (and can't be record cause niners have better record than eagles and bills/rams have a better one). No way raiders and eagles are above san fran and on same level as bills/rams.

And Falcons performance better than chargers, saints. Vikings, steelers?

Unless I'm reading the sh*t wrong...
+3   

4 months ago '19        #5
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 111072 111 K  Slaps total: 25608 25 K
49ers were 3rd in super bowl odds during the preseason

+2   

4 months ago '11        #6
Kooper  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 20834 20 K  Slaps total: 3010 3 K
 philly337 said
Probably expected them to be a*s
+3   

4 months ago '09        #7
That Guy Fly 
Props total: 54775 54 K  Slaps total: 15671 15 K
 philly337 said
It's based on what the preseason record prediction was vs what the actual record ended up being.

4 months ago '19        #8
Mr Insecurity  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 12489 12 K  Slaps total: 1161 1 K
As an example…

—the “expectations”, if you will.

AFC West:

1. Kansas City Chiefs (15-2)
2. Los Angeles Chargers (10-7)
3. Denver Broncos (5-12)
4. Las Vegas Raiders (5-12)

NFC East:

1. Dallas Cowboys (10-7)
2. Washington Football Team (9-8)
3. New York Giants (6-11)
4. Philadelphia Eagles (5-12)

Both the Raiders and Eagles were “expected” to win five games. Raiders won 10, Eagles won 9. It appears that the further to the left a team appears, the lower their expectations (no matter how low they are on the chart (which is why the Seahawks are so far to the right—a lot was expected of them this year). The higher a team is (above the diagonal line), the more they exceeded expectations. The further below the diagonal, the more they disappointed.

All we’re missing is what data was used to calculate “expectations”.
+5   

4 months ago '06        #9
 That Guy Fly said
It's based on what the preseason record prediction was vs what the actual record ended up being.
To me it look like actual performance is up/down and expectation is left/right.

Example...chiefs had highest expectation (furthest right) but 4th best performance (underneath packers, bucs and titans). The packers had the 4th/5th highest expectation but top performance (highest on chart).

So if you're top right in the chart you were expected to good and did good

Bottom right you were epected to do good but performed bad

Top left you were expected to do bad but did good

Bottom left you were expected to do bad and did bad

But just performance is how high you are on the chart (packers, bucs, titans chiefs are 1st, 2nd, 3rd 4th and jags, Texans, lions and giants are 4 worst). The team who beat expectation best was eagles or Bengals and the worst was Seahawks

So if thats right...thats retarded and not sure how the hell theyre putting the raiders and eagles that high on performance or have Falcons over teams I mentioned

Kooper said
Probably expected them to be a*s
Yeah that's why they're off to the left. Im talking they're performing ranking which looks to be just up/down

Last edited by philly337; 01-22-2022 at 03:59 AM..

4 months ago '06        #10
 Mr Insecurity said
As an example…

AFC West:

3. Denver Broncos (5-12)

NFC East:

1. Dallas Cowboys (10-7)

Both the Raiders and Eagles were “expected” to win five games. Raiders won 10, Eagles won 9. It appears that the further to the left a team appears, the lower their expectations (no matter how low they are on the chart (which is why the Seahawks are so far to the right—a lot was expected of them this year). The higher a team is (above the diagonal line), the more they exceeded expectations. The further below the diagonal, the more they disappointed.

I dont think...see my post. If it was just the highest you could do one straight line and that would mean this chart is saying bucs were the 2nd highest team to beat expectations. Top left are team who beat expectations the most

Last edited by philly337; 01-22-2022 at 03:55 AM..

4 months ago '07        #11
infrared AJ6  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 16677 16 K  Slaps total: 1279 1 K

How are people struggling to understand this basic a*s chart?

No wonder the debates on BX have gone to sh*t...
+16   

4 months ago '04        #12
ghettofied  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33659 33 K  Slaps total: 10373 10 K
 Mr Insecurity said
As an example…

AFC West:

3. Denver Broncos (5-12)

NFC East:

1. Dallas Cowboys (10-7)

That's confusing, if the case. You check the Panthers out. We finished with 5 wins, they expected us to win 6 games. So we finished that far below expectations?

4 months ago '15        #13
mwtx  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 35593 35 K  Slaps total: 5614 5 K
 infrared AJ6 said

+3   

4 months ago '04        #14
 mwtx said
I mean, that chart doesn't make sense for the Panthers though. Saying we fell that far below expectations when they were expected to win 5-6 games and they won 5 games is a bit stupid. No?
+2   

4 months ago '15        #15
 ghettofied said
I mean, that chart doesn't make sense for the Panthers though. Saying we fell that far below expectations when they were expected to win 5-6 games and they won 5 games is a bit stupid. No?
I don’t know I never saw anyone saying panthers were a 5 win team, if I had to make a prediction I probably woulda said 7 or 8 wins.

4 months ago '04        #16
 mwtx said
I don’t know I never saw anyone saying panthers were a 5 win team, if I had to make a prediction I probably woulda said 7 or 8 wins.
Sportingnews article had us at 6 wins. Most had us finishing below the Falcons in the Division.
+2   

4 months ago '04        #17
 mwtx said

Here's another one. sh*ts wild man.
+1   

4 months ago '15        #18
 ghettofied said

Here's another one. sh*ts wild man.
Idk I feel like panthers were tough to gage before the season started. For the most part I feel like it’s pretty accurate.

Especially when you look at ravens browns Seahawks

4 months ago '19        #19
Mr Insecurity  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 12489 12 K  Slaps total: 1161 1 K
 philly337 said
I dont think...see my post. If it was just the highest you could do one straight line and that would mean this chart is saying bucs were the 2nd highest team to beat expectations. Top left are team who beat expectations the most
Nope it says that Tampa had really high expectations (defending champion that brought almost all of that championship roster back) AND they had high performance (they tied for the most wins in the NFL).

I’m not sure what has you confused about where the Raiders, Falcons and Eagles are. The Falcons should be lower—they only won 7 games (Raiders won 10). Falcons may have outperformed expectations, but they also lost 10 games.

4 months ago '04        #20
 mwtx said
Idk I feel like panthers were tough to gage before the season started. For the most part I feel like it’s pretty accurate.

Especially when you look at ravens browns Seahawks
Those 3 yes. But the Panthers were expected to suck by most. So this sh*t doesn't make much sense.
+1   

4 months ago '06        #21
 Mr Insecurity said
Nope it says that Tampa had really high expectations (defending champion that brought almost all of that championship roster back) AND they had high performance (they tied for the most wins in the NFL).

I’m not sure what has you confused about where the Raiders, Falcons and Eagles are. The Falcons should be lower—they only won 7 games (Raiders won 10). Falcons may have outperformed expectations, but they also lost 10 games.
Because up/down where they are on the chart has nothing to do with expectation and solely their overall performance (left right is expectation). Whatbi broke down is exactly what the chart is. Maybe you made a typo (because your bucs example is exactly what insaid)

Falcons example...their expectation is off to the left and was expected to be the 25th ranked team (24 teams more to the right meaning those 24 were expected to do better). Their actual performance theyre ranked 15th (24 other teams higher up on the chart meaning they are saying the Falcons performed 15th best...the up/down has nothing to do with expectation)

4 months ago '14        #22
Doc Goblin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x61
Props total: 201244 201 K  Slaps total: 49300 49 K
SB .570 #26 (0)
 infrared AJ6 said

I think I figured it out.

+1   

4 months ago '06        #23
 ghettofied said
That's confusing, if the case. You check the Panthers out. We finished with 5 wins, they expected us to win 6 games. So we finished that far below expectations?
No, you're more accurate...the expectation is how far to left or right (so they were protected to be like 20th worst team) and their actual performance is up/down so they're saying they were like 5th worse...so a little worse than expectation
+1   

4 months ago '04        #24
 philly337 said
No, you're more accurate...the expectation is how far to left or right (so they were protected to be like 20th worst team) and their actual performance is up/down so they're saying they were like 5th worse...so a little worse than expectation
The way that visualization looks makes it seem like they fell wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy below expectations.

4 months ago '06        #25
 infrared AJ6 said

Hope your a*s aint referring to me cause I broke the sh*t down. I'm asking what fu*king idiot ranked them this way where the eagles/raider actual performance is on par with bills/rams

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  28
May 27 - 19 officers playing on their phones while waiting for tactical gear a..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+87online now  22
Video inside Do not chase women!
160 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  22
Video inside The Ponzi Scheme Collapse in the Shoe Market
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+39online now  21
Video inside Katt Williams Calls Chris Rock "Head of The C[][]ns"; Says Oscars' Slap..
125 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy