The Truth Behind Marvels Spider-Man 2018 Ps4 IP (How Sony Got It)

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

4 months ago '16        #1
1040 page views
27 comments

Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17264 17 K  Slaps total: 2895 2 K
The Truth Behind Marvels Spider-Man 2018 Ps4 IP (How Sony Got It)

"One of the things we really focus on in terms of our new strategy is that we all believe that great games drive the brand and great games are what our fans really deserve," Ong said. "The question is, 'How we can get there?' The thing we landed on is to be really selective with who we partner with. Extremely selective. Right now I would say that out of every 10 opportunities we look at, we maybe do one."

Ong said Marvel Games has a set of criteria as it looks to work with publishers and developers.

"What we look at first and foremost is the talent level of partner," he said. "Are they world class in building the games we're talking about? They have to have world-class talent. They have to be able to invest the resources to make that talent sing. Equally important is, do they have passion for the IP they're working on? Do they share the same ambition? Do they love the character? We look for passion, that comes through in the first 30 seconds.

"One of our mantras is authenticity; it's easy to make a game with Spider-Man on the label, but it's much harder to make it truly authentic in a way that reflects Peter Parker, the character." Insomniac Games and Spider-Man creative director Bryan Intihar, Ong said, embody that mantra.

When publisher Activision was in charge of developing and publishing Spider-Man games, those titles were often tied to the release of movies or annual publishing schedules. The quality of those games varied, and while they were often successful commercially, Ong indicated that Marvel Games doesn't want to push games to market just to coincide with a theatrical release. (The upcoming Spider-Man game is "wholly original" and unrelated to 2017's Spider-Man: Homecoming, the next Marvel feature film starring the web-slinger.)

"We are absolutely obsessed about [quality]," Ong said. "That is our North Star. We always say 'Great is not good enough. We're going for truly epic.'"
visit this link https://www.polygon.com/e .. -games-jay-ong

-Jay Ong Vice President at Marvel Games

Since we vilifying Sony for exclusives and Spider-Man keeps getting brought up, i think it’s a good time to post this. Marvel chose Sony. They have criteria. They wanted world class talent. They wanted to know there was passion in the studio who’d develop it as it’s their most valuable IP and they’d be representing Marvel.

Sony didn’t pressure anyone or leverage anything (any other opinion is speculation).

Sony’s ownership with Spider-Man is for Movies. Marvel thought they were the best fit. Obviously the contract involved exclusivity, as to not damper the experience through optimization issues. So blame Marvel and or any other studio that just couldn’t meet their criteria image
+14   

best
worst
27 comments

4 months ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 103939 103 K  Slaps total: 38618 38 K
Thank you for posting this cause that narrative was getting tired as hell
+5   

4 months ago '16        #3
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 SPdaGOAT said
Thank you for posting this cause that narrative was getting tired as hell
People gonna complain about Spider-Man regardless but damn. Clearly Activisions Spider-Man wasn’t up to par. Maybe it was because they scheduled around a release, so there was a level of rushing to get it out.. but they could have given them more time since they had the most experience with the IP.

But they didn’t . That’s what people need to understand. Marvel wanted the best product, so they went to Sony. You can argue opinion, but you can’t argue fact
+5   

4 months ago '17        #4
 Novii said
People gonna complain about Spider-Man regardless but damn. Clearly Activisions Spider-Man wasnít up to par. Maybe it was because they scheduled around a release, so there was a level of rushing to get it out.. but they could have given them more time since they had the most experience with the IP.

But they didnít . Thatís what people need to understand. Marvel wanted the best product, so they went to Sony. You can argue opinion, but you canít argue fact
Keep trying to tell em, Sony ainít doing nothing unfair. They just giving out the best value to both consumers and devs and thatís why people want to work with them (for less than what a lot of other companies can off) and people want to play on their systems

n*ggas try to make it seem like itís the world vs. Microsoft when in reality people just want great games and devs wanna work for studios that can help them deliver the best games
+3   

4 months ago '11        #5
UrDoinGood 
Props total: 10895 10 K  Slaps total: 2246 2 K
Lol
+1   

4 months ago '14        #6
B Murda 
Props total: 4840 4 K  Slaps total: 619 619
Sony still could've put it on xbox if they wanted to tho no?

4 months ago '04        #7
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7521 7 K  Slaps total: 1342 1 K
LMFAO, generic a*s sh*t...well, enjoy it, it's all ya gonna get

and that terrible forsaken game

4 months ago '17        #8
 Liquid-Science said

n*gga you was in another thread ready to trade Call of Duty for this
+4   

4 months ago '06        #9
snaxxx 
Props total: 7924 7 K  Slaps total: 1161 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
None of these Bots even cared for COD , now itís the greatest game ever

+6   

4 months ago '17        #10
 snaxxx said
None of these Bots even cared for COD , now itís the greatest game ever

sh*t is hilarious bruh, I remember all the threads in November.

My boy @ accused me of fu*king with Vanguard simply to spite Halo
+2   

4 months ago '04        #11
 SPdaGOAT said
I said since Sony wanna hold spiderman hostage, MS should hold COD hostage or do an exchange for each other

4 months ago '20        #12
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30868 30 K  Slaps total: 8999 8 K
they wanted to work with the best so they went with PS not hard to understand

this sh*t on Xbox would've been a*s and flopped like the rest of their exclusives
+3   

4 months ago '16        #13
 Liquid-Science said

Whatís generic about it? Itís a love letter to Spider-Man. No one can play that game and say insomniac arenít super fans of Spider-Man.

Liquid-Science said
I said since Sony wanna hold spiderman hostage, MS should hold COD hostage or do an exchange for each other
One of the reasons I made this post. Canít hold hostage something that was given to you willingly
+6   

4 months ago '17        #14
 Liquid-Science said
So you repeated yourself

You funny bruh

4 months ago '04        #15
 Novii said
Whatís generic about it? Itís a love letter to Spider-Man. No one can play that game and say insomniac arenít super fans of Spider-Man.

One of the reasons I made this post. Canít hold hostage something that was given to you willingly
It's a generic lie about the reason they went with insomniac and it's a Sony exclusive

Anything besides it being a Sony movie property and Sony gaming studio is a lie

I'm sure Arkane could do a great SpiderMan game but they ain't owned by Sony

4 months ago '16        #16
 Liquid-Science said
It's a generic lie about the reason they went with insomniac and it's a Sony exclusive

Anything besides it being a Sony movie property and Sony gaming studio is a lie

I'm sure Arkane could do a great SpiderMan game but they ain't owned by Sony
So a VP from Marvel Games comes out and says he was head hunting and picked insomniac and itís a lie?

Whatís the reasoning? What makes this a lie?

This is interesting because you guys believe everything Phil says despite him getting caught in lies dozens of times but this VP who doesnít have the same track record canít be believed?

But hereís where it gets stranger:
You all know heís a liar but ignore it and listen to him anyway.

Case and point: Philís tweet about Sony and Cod staying on ps

Phil goes he has a ďdesireĒ to keep it on PS. @ quick to say ďbingoĒ So yíall KNOW heís a snake oil salesman but you all still believe any and everything he says regardless?

I get it, yíall enjoying GP so you let things slide, but you canít claim a VP is lying (correct me if Iím wrong) with no history of lying in this capacity.

I have no issue with you disagreeing. But you gotta prove/show sumn not just theories and opinions.

Also, (this is just my personal opinion) look at Game history. Arkane has nothing that would align with a Spider-Man world. Look at Insomniacs sunset overdrive. World building. Movement and traversal aspects. I would sooner give the game to Rocksteady than Arkane. Plus, are Arkane even comic book lovers with the passion Marvel would want?
+3   

4 months ago '04        #17
SpyDa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 13303 13 K  Slaps total: 1660 1 K
few more years and sony will bless the PC nation with spiderman 1. And the sad reality, I'll probably buy it again on pc to see what it looks like on my 3080. I actually enjoyed miles morales more than spiderman though. The ending.... I almost let go.
+4   

4 months ago '04        #18
dog4life 
Props total: 1447 1 K  Slaps total: 210 210
 SpyDa said
few more years and sony will bless the PC nation with spiderman 1. And the sad reality, I'll probably buy it again on pc to see what it looks like on my 3080. I actually enjoyed miles morales more than spiderman though. The ending.... I almost let go.
A tear dropped man not gonna lie. I kind of figured it would end that way but that was not how i seen it ending.
+3   

4 months ago '04        #19
 dog4life said
A tear dropped man not gonna lie. I kind of figured it would end that way but that was not how i seen it ending.
i dont blame you. i knew it was coming but the build up made it hit like a damn train. That game was short but soooooooo good.
+3   

4 months ago '04        #20
dog4life 
Props total: 1447 1 K  Slaps total: 210 210
 SpyDa said
i dont blame you. i knew it was coming but the build up made it hit like a damn train. That game was short but soooooooo good.
Yes, after playing the original spider-man, I had expectations and the game far exceeded what i expected. Being so short, that story was crazy.
+3   

4 months ago '20        #21
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x196
Props total: 104854 104 K  Slaps total: 21360 21 K
 Novii said

-Jay Ong Vice President at Marvel Games

Since we vilifying Sony for exclusives and Spider-Man keeps getting brought up, i think it’s a good time to post this. Marvel chose Sony. They have criteria. They wanted world class talent. They wanted to know there was passion in the studio who’d develop it as it’s their most valuable IP and they’d be representing Marvel.

Sony didn’t pressure anyone or leverage anything (any other opinion is speculation).

Sony’s ownership with Spider-Man is for Movies. Marvel thought they were the best fit. Obviously the contract involved exclusivity, as to not damper the experience through optimization issues. So blame Marvel and or any other studio that just couldn’t meet their criteria

Sony said no and saw what Insomniac was capable of and said let’s buy them and keep it away from Microsoft.

Last edited by 5ive04our; 01-21-2022 at 10:36 PM..

4 months ago '04        #22
 dog4life said
Yes, after playing the original spider-man, I had expectations and the game far exceeded what i expected. Being so short, that story was crazy.
yeah. I know spiderman 2 and wolverine going to be crazy.
+3   

4 months ago '19        #23
ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 21137 21 K  Slaps total: 4817 4 K
Sony made the 3 best spiderman movies

4 months ago '16        #24
 5ive04our said

Sony said no and saw what Insomniac was capable of and said letís buy them and keep it away from Microsoft.
I mentioned already that sunset overdrive is apart of what helped sell Spider-Man. They proved they could world build. It was a great purchase.
Lemme remind you though that Microsoft did the same thing with Ninja Theory, and if I speculate between the two, and timing, it looks like they basically did the same thing to each other.

Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo all gangstas bro.
+1   

4 months ago '18        #25
Lord God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 74232 74 K  Slaps total: 6163 6 K
I remember reading a story that the Sunset OD a*sets were used in developing Spiderman, which everyone but M$ rejected.

Also, wasn't Spiderman developed prior to Sony's acquisition of Insomniac?

Marvel probably would've went with Insomniac wherever they were. They're an extremely talented studio, and Sunset OD (in my opinion) is top 3 in original IPs last gen.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  121
2022 Western Conference Finals: (3) Golden State Warriors vs (4) Dallas Ma..
1300 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+55online now  18
All Bane Quotes From Dark Knight Rises
76 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+44online now  15
Image(s) inside Joe fresh goods x New balance 9060 Penny cookie pink
79 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+79online now  14
Video inside Wack 100 Says He TRIED To RUN DOWN & EXTORT 50 CENT In LA, But 50 Outsm..
170 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy