Gilbert Arenas on parents holding their kids back.

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

4 months ago '16        #1
1745 page views
46 comments

LilHaitiBaby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 12858 12 K  Slaps total: 1614 1 K
Gilbert Arenas on parents holding their kids back.

+12   

best
worst
46 comments

4 months ago '21        #2
buju burden 
Props total: 1197 1 K  Slaps total: 133 133
All facts
+6   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '04        #3
slimboyballer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 58989 58 K  Slaps total: 14526 14 K
They said Lavar was holding the Ball brother back...now all these guys like Gilbert and Barnes quiet FOH
+19   

4 months ago '14        #4
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x39
Props total: 251079 251 K  Slaps total: 29314 29 K
This is why I don’t care about AAU/Club really because many of these kids are playing outside of their age group to dominant younger players and they are playing on all star stacked teams. Can’t really see how good these guys are until they get to the league.

I remember all the Bagley hype, I seen that dude in a HS game and I wasn’t impressed, I knew he was gonna be a bust in the NbA

Last edited by Kyu; 01-21-2022 at 10:49 AM..
+14   

4 months ago '14        #5
 slimboyballer said
They said Lavar was holding the Ball brother back...now all these guys like Gilbert and Barnes quiet FOH
Lavar never held them back in school, Gilbert is talking about parents literally preventing their kids from moving up grades so they can play basketball vs younger players to dominate.
+24   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '04        #6
 Kyu said
Lavar never held them back in school, Gilbert is talking about parents literally preventing their kids from moving up grades so they can play basketball vs younger players to dominate.
Matt burns said Lavar was a clown for taking Lamelo out of high school!
+13   

4 months ago '06        #7
marcusaka50 
Props total: 37955 37 K  Slaps total: 6101 6 K
The media is what holding kids back. Parents are suppose to be subjective..each kid is different...Baseball is the only sport in American were they dont hold kids back...
+4   

4 months ago '14        #8
 slimboyballer said
Matt burns said Lavar was a clown for taking Lamelo out of high school!
Yeah I think that was his SR year but he actually moved up to play against adults. Lamelo has always played against older players
+12   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '04        #9
 Kyu said
Yeah I think that was his SR year but he actually moved up to play against adults. Lamelo has always played against older players
facts!
+1   

4 months ago '19        #10
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 36302 36 K  Slaps total: 4531 4 K
Personally learned watching sports and growing up that if someone is physically dominant at 15 it's probably completely meaningless because they probably just finished puberty first

Our 7th/8th grade center was a bench guard by grade 12
+10   

4 months ago '04        #11
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
Props total: 63820 63 K  Slaps total: 7714 7 K
 slimboyballer said
They’re talking about holding a kid a year in school, so they repeat the same grade
 Kyu said
This is why I don’t care about AAU/Club really because many of these kids are playing outside of their age group to dominant younger players and they are playing on all star stacked teams. Can’t really see how good these guys are until they get to the league.

I remember all the Bagley hype, I seen that dude in a HS game and I wasn’t impressed, I knew he was gonna be a bust in the NbA
I recently saw a clip of a AAU game. One team had a squad full of declassified for players, and they were dominating a team of what looked to be little kids
It was just like….how do you expect these kids to get better by dominating a bunch of younger players. Some of these parents are clowns
+14   

4 months ago '15        #12
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 58792 58 K  Slaps total: 25020 25 K
Weren’t guys like DeRozan,wall, Blake griffin, westbrook, cousins, evans etc. held back a year cause they got late bdays?

Those guys are my age so I wondered why they entered the nba at 20 but we’re considered freshmen at college. It worked out for them.
+4   

4 months ago '14        #13
 kami said
Weren’t guys like DeRozan,wall, Blake griffin, westbrook, cousins, evans etc. held back a year cause they got late bdays?

Those guys are my age so I wondered why they entered the nba at 20 but we’re considered freshmen at college. It worked out for them.
That might be different cause some districts require your birthday to be a certain time frame for you to start school. These AAU parents are purposely holding their kids back just to play basketball after they are already on their normal school schedule. I’ve always thought that was strange but it is what it is
+4   

4 months ago '06        #14
bxdiplomat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 23926 23 K  Slaps total: 2600 2 K
 Tastemaker331 said
They’re talking about holding a kid a year in school, so they repeat the same grade

I recently saw a clip of a AAU game. One team had a squad full of declassified for players, and they were dominating a team of what looked to be little kids
It was just like….how do you expect these kids to get better by dominating a bunch of younger players. Some of these parents are clowns
I think in sports lil n*ggas should face people below them, at their level, and above their level in order to develop the whole package. Like how they do it in combat sports.

Thing that would have been adjusted by facing at level and better players, get lost when just whipping up on cans.
+2   

4 months ago '08        #15
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 15073 15 K  Slaps total: 2425 2 K
 LilHaitiBaby said

Wait, this is a thing? Parents are actually holding back their kids back? Good Lord man.
+4   

4 months ago '21        #16
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24401 24 K  Slaps total: 6739 6 K
People suck.

Further solidified by all the sh*tty parents I've had the dishonor of working with in my career teaching.

So it makes sense they would be too involved when a potential check is involved
+1   

4 months ago '14        #17
 Tastemaker331 said

That pathetic man. The year I went to go see the Ball brothers play vs Bagley team they were playing at USC in the state championship final 4. Mater dei was also playing and they had a white boy on their squad who was a senior but he was 20 years old about to be 21

Anything he did in that game I was looking like cause I wasn’t impressed you are cooking up teenagers
+1   

4 months ago '21        #18
0 0 X X X 
Props total: 2747 2 K  Slaps total: 261 261
sense*

4 months ago '15        #19
Sleezymcman 
Props total: 7670 7 K  Slaps total: 1782 1 K
I went to school with Demarcus Nelson. And he told me his dad held him back so he could develop his game. Him and his cousin Cedric got held back. And they were big af. He ended up playing for duke thengoin to the league. I think he plays for Tony Parker’s team in Spain now.

4 months ago '11        #20
Suppafresh 
Props total: 8444 8 K  Slaps total: 1046 1 K
one year of hold back is good for kids. They are more mature and physically developed so when they enter college they are not too far behind in physique with their peers. nothing to do with kiddie pool some kids develop late and get looked over and you wonder why they chopping heads their senior year in college at Desoto State and how did someone over look them. Because they literally left school at 17. look at a 17 year old kid verses a 18 year kid build huge difference there senior year

4 months ago '19        #21
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 110804 110 K  Slaps total: 25495 25 K
Shabazz Muhammad
Oj Mayo
+2   

4 months ago '19        #22
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 110804 110 K  Slaps total: 25495 25 K
 Suppafresh said
one year of hold back is good for kids. They are more mature and physically developed so when they enter college they are not too far behind in physique with their peers. nothing to do with kiddie pool some kids develop late and get looked over and you wonder why they chopping heads their senior year in college at Desoto State and how did someone over look them. Because they literally left school at 17. look at a 17 year old kid verses a 18 year kid build huge difference there senior year
It's not good because that just means you're not on the same level as your age group
+3   

4 months ago '05        #23
Greece 
Props total: 4705 4 K  Slaps total: 286 286
Malcolm Gladwell wrote a whole book about this...Outliers.

The point of the holdback is to get noticed enough to make it to the show.

So it's more relevant for average players than generational talents.
+4   

4 months ago '21        #24
SeeNoEvil 
Props total: 2322 2 K  Slaps total: 188 188
That is the og move. If you kid had potential...Hold them back for that extra year of "development" before College eligibility starts. I forget if the magic yr was 8th grade or 9th grade.

They also used to do the JUCO move too.
+3   

4 months ago '11        #25
Suppafresh 
Props total: 8444 8 K  Slaps total: 1046 1 K
 Greece said
Malcolm Gladwell wrote a whole book about this...Outliers.

The point of the holdback is to get noticed enough to make it to the show.

So it's more relevant for average players than generational talents.
great book too

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  31
Image(s) inside What's up with these n*ggas bringing batty riders back into style.
79 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+44online now  22
Horror film based off Winnie the Pooh in the works; Winnie the Pooh: Blood & H..
118 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+22online now  19
May 25 - Officials say gunman was in the school for up to an hour before offic..
601 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  19
Did Marcus Jordan Sell his “Sole” in Backdoor Sneaker Scandal?
121 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy