Jan 21 - netflix.....rapidly beheads 24%

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 months ago '09        #1
1511 page views
29 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x81
Props total: 266237 266 K  Slaps total: 28623 28 K
Jan 21 - netflix.....rapidly behe*ds 24%

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2022 .. -slowdown.html

Netflix shares are down 24% in trading Friday after the company quietly admitted in its fourth-quarter earnings that streaming competition is eating into its growth

If it remains down more than 20% until close it will be Netflixís worst day since July 25, 2012, when shares fell 25%. And it will likewise be the worst week since July 27, 2012, when the stock fell about 28%.

Despite beating analyst expectations on the top and bottom line and in user numbers for the quarter, the admission seemed to rock investors

Netflix executives have infamously pointed to things like sleep as potential competitors, claiming anything else users could be doing with their time is competition

But even as the streaming wars heated up with Disney and even CNBC owner NBCUniversal entering the mix, Netflix leaders mostly maintained resolved about the new competition.

ďWhile this added competition may be affecting our marginal growth some, we continue to grow in every country and region in which these new streaming alternatives have launched,Ē the company said in its shareholder letter on Thursday

The question of competition is even more crucial given Netflix increased prices just last week in the U.S. and Canada, raising its standard plan from $13.99 to $15.49 per month. With other alternatives available to consumers, higher prices could become a trickier gamble.

KeyBanc Capital Markets analysts lowered their rating on the stock from overweight to Sector Weight following Thursdayís earnings release

They wrote in a note that among the reasons they are less confident in the outlook is that, despite an improved content slate, the company still experienced challenges to its gross additional subscribers
+1   

best
worst
29 comments

4 months ago '11        #2
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 184187 184 K  Slaps total: 24823 24 K

+4   

4 months ago '18        #3
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 82221 82 K  Slaps total: 8216 8 K
so is it time to buy.?
+10   

4 months ago '11        #4
 DUCEDUCE said
so is it time to buy.?
Now is not the time to buy unprofitable companies

Netflix doesn’t have the money to compete with Amazon, AT&T, Apple and Disney for content

Netflix has the highest subscription price with nothing innovative to offer

Last edited by Sin; 01-21-2022 at 11:01 AM..
+15   

4 months ago '06        #5
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 107972 107 K  Slaps total: 22523 22 K
 DUCEDUCE said
so is it time to buy.?
Hard to say at this point imo

I think Netflix is on the way out tbh

The value just isn’t there, they don’t have any major hooks like other platforms (friends, Seinfeld, the office, sunny, etc.) whether you think they’re good or not, there are those shows that have a huge, loyal base that will watch forever. Netflix is banking on its original content and it hasn’t had a lot of HUGE wins in that category for a while. Squid Game is the only one I can think of that was an undisputed, western-wide hit. Other shows do well but don’t seem to have the whole world watching. Not to mention, they don’t have ad revenue so even if a show does moderately well amongst a certain group, if it isn’t driving new subscriptions, it’s technically a failure because that’s the only metric they can use to judge its success from a business standpoint.

I know a lot of people who are ready to cut Netflix with the price hikes because they use other services so much more often.

Seems like they’re in a critical point, they need more hits and without ad revenue all they can rely on is subscribers. I’m not sure their original programming is getting it done.

Last edited by Skateboard T; 01-21-2022 at 11:01 AM..
+6   

4 months ago '18        #6
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 82221 82 K  Slaps total: 8216 8 K
 Skateboard T said

The value just isnít there, they donít have any major hooks like other platforms (friends, Seinfeld, the office, sunny, etc.) whether you think theyíre good or not, there are those shows that have a huge, loyal base that will watch forever. Netflix is banking on its original content and it hasnít had a lot of HUGE wins in that category for a while. Squid Game is the only one I can think of that was an undisputed, western-wide hit. Other shows do well but donít seem to have the whole world watching. Not to mention, they donít have ad revenue so even if a show does moderately well amongst a certain group, if it isnít driving new subscriptions, itís technically a failure because thatís the only metric they can use to judge its success from a business standpoint.

I know a lot of people who are ready to cut Netflix with the price hikes because they use other services so much more often.

Seems like theyíre in a critical point, they need more hits and without ad revenue all they can rely on is subscribers. Iím not sure their original programming is getting it done.
Maybe they switch over to a weekly release model like the rest of streaming platforms that might help.
+2   

4 months ago '21        #7
RackboyCam 
Props total: 1326 1 K  Slaps total: 224 224
The problem with Netflix is they have way too much content and most of it is mediocre at best. It’s difficult to find new things due to the volume of titles and it’s recommendation engine just prevents you from finding new sh*t. Also Netflix charge extra for 4K which is bs

Apple has a small catalogue of their own shows but everything is high quality, prime is getting better and hbo is still king at making tv shows and their streaming platform has caught up

Netflix reinvented itself once before will be interested to see how they compete on a more even playing field
+6   

4 months ago '11        #8
 RackboyCam said
The problem with Netflix is they have way too much content and most of it is mediocre at best. Itís difficult to find new things due to the volume of titles and itís recommendation engine just prevents you from finding new sh*t. Also Netflix charge extra for 4K which is bs

Apple has a small catalogue of their own shows but everything is high quality, prime is getting better and hbo is still king at making tv shows and their streaming platform has caught up

Netflix reinvented itself once before will be interested to see how they compete on a more even playing field
they already announce last quarter they were introducing video games, but it paled in comparison to Facebook metaverse announcement and the potential for gaming

4 months ago '07        #9
datdude07 
Props total: 3678 3 K  Slaps total: 1147 1 K
 Sin said
Now is not the time to buy unprofitable companies

Netflix doesnít have the money to compete with Amazon, AT&T, Apple and Disney for content

Netflix has the highest subscription price with nothing innovative to offer
Depending how u look at it they giving ppl chances that want get the time of day from other companies. Squid Game among many which is a phenomenon
+2   

4 months ago '07        #10
datdude07 
 DUCEDUCE said
so is it time to buy.?
Iíll say yea they can easily bounce back. Iíll use Bitcoin for my example. I was turned on to it while it was around 8k. Iíve invested money in it & of course it was going up & down. Saying all that to say this, as soon as I counted them out the last time they stock fail, I took out all my money & literally the next week theyíve started growing & havenít slowed down yet. Of course them what ifís in my head. If only I kept my money there and invested more, Iíll be good right about now. So yea buy while everybody else is ditching & when they bounce back reap the benefits just take patience. Good luck on your endeavors
+1   

4 months ago '17        #11
Props total: 28158 28 K  Slaps total: 7847 7 K
Buy PUTS.
+1   

4 months ago '11        #12
 datdude07 said
Depending how u look at it they giving ppl chances that want get the time of day from other companies. Squid Game among many which is a phenomenon
majority of Netflix content money is spent leasing from other companies

out of the $17.3 billion they spent only $5.21 billion was original content

the only way this is sustainable is if they cut all the way back on leased content from competitors and find enough quality original investments to fund

4 months ago '07        #13
datdude07 
 Sin said
majority of Netflix content money is spent leasing from other companies

out of the $17.3 billion they spent only $5.21 billion was original content

the only way this is sustainable is if they cut all the way back on leased content from competitors and find enough quality original investments to fund

Sound like I need you to help me coup off my business come up with some type of budget & game plan

4 months ago '11        #14
 datdude07 said
Sound like I need you to help me coup off my business come up with some type of budget & game plan
man my personal finances are in shambles lol,

I learned to research companies for stock buying reasons, but all I do is research and buy for long term

Last edited by Sin; 01-21-2022 at 01:59 PM..
+3   

4 months ago '04        #15
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 28433 28 K  Slaps total: 3085 3 K
Buy a duplex somewhere in America
+4   

4 months ago '19        #16
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 36309 36 K  Slaps total: 4531 4 K
Not sure why, but as soon as they upped their price all I could think of is

Netflix: HBO for the uneducated
+1   

4 months ago '05        #17
projectd06 
Props total: 37449 37 K  Slaps total: 8702 8 K
 Skateboard T said

The value just isnít there, they donít have any major hooks like other platforms (friends, Seinfeld, the office, sunny, etc.) whether you think theyíre good or not, there are those shows that have a huge, loyal base that will watch forever. Netflix is banking on its original content and it hasnít had a lot of HUGE wins in that category for a while. Squid Game is the only one I can think of that was an undisputed, western-wide hit. Other shows do well but donít seem to have the whole world watching. Not to mention, they donít have ad revenue so even if a show does moderately well amongst a certain group, if it isnít driving new subscriptions, itís technically a failure because thatís the only metric they can use to judge its success from a business standpoint.

Seems like theyíre in a critical point, they need more hits and without ad revenue all they can rely on is subscribers. Iím not sure their original programming is getting it done.
Seinfeld is on Netflix. The problem is they don't own their own content, they did a great job of creating their own to try and offset that but that's pricey. I was actually surprised that ATT didn't put one huge streaming service out with all of the content that they own instead of just HBO Max.
+1   

4 months ago '06        #18
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 107972 107 K  Slaps total: 22523 22 K
 projectd06 said
Seinfeld is on Netflix. The problem is they don't own their own content, they did a great job of creating their own to try and offset that but that's pricey. I was actually surprised that ATT didn't put one huge streaming service out with all of the content that they own instead of just HBO Max.
I though it was Hulu? Netflix has the whole series?

4 months ago '05        #19
That Dude 
Props total: 14752 14 K  Slaps total: 1691 1 K
 DUCEDUCE said
so is it time to buy.?
don't buy rn

4 months ago '05        #20
projectd06 
Props total: 37449 37 K  Slaps total: 8702 8 K
 Skateboard T said
I though it was Hulu? Netflix has the whole series?

I'm not too sure but I was watching it the other day and I don't have Hulu. It only popped up on the front page withing the last few months so that might be something they added recently

Last edited by projectd06; 01-21-2022 at 01:41 PM..

4 months ago '05        #21
That Dude 
Props total: 14752 14 K  Slaps total: 1691 1 K
 2007 said
Buy PUTS.
market makers know this premiums would be crazy high

4 months ago '18        #22
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 16915 16 K  Slaps total: 3526 3 K
n*gga Ozark came out today. fu*k all that
+1   

4 months ago '05        #23
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 42563 42 K  Slaps total: 5603 5 K
literally the whole market has been bleeding for the last month.... I'd chill on buying anything until sh*t starts to plateau

4 months ago '04        #24
Jaysin_305 
Props total: 2244 2 K  Slaps total: 236 236
 Skateboard T said

Netflix does have Seinfeld

4 months ago '11        #25
 JimDinO77 said
literally the whole market has been bleeding for the last month.... I'd chill on buying anything until sh*t starts to plateau
this is the time to buy

buy low and sell high

nothing at all has changed in the business of apple or Microsoft

Last edited by Sin; 01-21-2022 at 02:56 PM..
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+88online now  19
Video inside Do not chase women!
160 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  16
Video inside The Ponzi Scheme Collapse in the Shoe Market
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+41online now  13
Video inside Katt Williams Calls Chris Rock "Head of The C[][]ns"; Says Oscars' Slap..
125 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+134online now  7
Image(s) inside Winona Ryder At Age 50. As Johnny Depp Would Say, "Winona Forever".
66 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy