Penny Hardaway going through it at Memphis

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
23 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
25 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '16        #1
4634 page views
130 comments

Supreme God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 73657 73 K  Slaps total: 5310 5 K
Penny Hardaway going through it at Memphis

sh*t rough for the squad. Selfish play, Bates wasn't ready for college, and the team seems like it's quitting on Penny. Losing boogie hurt them also. Dude was good defensively and had heart.

Last edited by Supreme God; 01-20-2022 at 09:11 PM..
+56   

best
worst
130 comments

4 months ago '05        #2
kriskross00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 123106 123 K  Slaps total: 13111 13 K
+10   

4 months ago '20        #3
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 64224 64 K  Slaps total: 20639 20 K
Big time recruits bring expectations
Dudes like 9-8
+21   

4 months ago '13        #4
FlareMafia 
Props total: 14864 14 K  Slaps total: 1165 1 K
Penny just ain’t built to be a coach. It’s that simple . No way should they be 9-8 with all that talent.
+44   

4 months ago '16        #5
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 126988 126 K  Slaps total: 13822 13 K
I like that energy. And hes right.
+19   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '16        #6
Supreme God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17 OP
 FlareMafia said
Penny just ain’t built to be a coach. It’s that simple . No way should they be 9-8 with all that talent.
Yeah they shouldn't. Though they've had injuries and covid hit them, they should be better. Alot of the older cats were pissed about Duran and Bates coming in. They're playing for self. Penny won the NIT last year, but this season sh*t isn't looking good.
+9   

4 months ago '05        #7
POSITIVITY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x65
Props total: 110812 110 K  Slaps total: 70776 70 K
Bd

4 months ago '17        #8
Harasnart 
Props total: 16761 16 K  Slaps total: 10113 10 K
 FlareMafia said
Penny just aint built to be a coach. Its that simple . No way should they be 9-8 with all that talent.
We're talking about a mid school.

this ain't like Duke. They went like .500 last year. Duke is the top of the chain. All the top recruits.

Memphis isn't a top level school. Gonzaga, Duke, Kentucky.. ect. those schools are not happy being average. They are the 5 star class. Memphis is 3 star at best

4 months ago '20        #9
God is Good 
Props total: 23071 23 K  Slaps total: 21960 21 K
Nobody doing less with more than penny right now

4 months ago '13        #10
FlareMafia 
Props total: 14864 14 K  Slaps total: 1165 1 K
 Harasnart said

this ain't like Duke. They went like .500 last year. Duke is the top of the chain. All the top recruits.

Memphis isn't a top level school. Gonzaga, Duke, Kentucky.. ect. those schools are not happy being average. They are the 5 star class. Memphis is 3 star at best
Its no excuses for him to have this team where its at. Theyre not even making the ncaa tournament or the NIT this year which is sad being that they had the number 1 recruiting class of 2021.
+17   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '16        #11
Supreme God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17 OP
 Harasnart said

True.... But they've had 2 #1 recruiting classes, including this year. That's incredible talent he's been able to get the last few years.
+7   

4 months ago '04        #12
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 63325 63 K  Slaps total: 11802 11 K
My brother is a college head coach.
If he ever conducted a press conference like Penny just did I would grill his a*s.
Thats a lame excuse. I love you Penny but you are just not a good coach. And now you acting like a child with all that profanity representing a University.
If I am the AD I want to see you in my office 1st thing tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Javon23; 01-20-2022 at 10:48 PM..
+33   

4 months ago '04        #13
 Harasnart said

James Wiseman, Precious Achiuwa, Emoni Bates, Jalen Duren, Boogie Ellis, Earl Timberlake on his roster

Hall of Famer Larry Brown, Mike Miller and Rasheed Wallace as a*sistants

Mid Major My a*s
+41   

4 months ago '09        #14
That Guy Fly 
Props total: 54773 54 K  Slaps total: 15667 15 K
 Javon23 said
James Wiseman, Precious Achiuwa, Emoni Bates, Jalen Duren, Boogie Ellis, Earl Timberlake on his roster

Mid Major My a*s
Well in his defense he only had Wiseman for 3 games and Boogie is now starting for Southern Cal. Bates, Duren and Timberlake have been hurt a lot this season. As for his a*sistants it appears those guys you named except Larry Brown were part of the problem since they left after one season. sh*t, Rasheed didn't even make it all the way through his one season. I just read an article that said he hasn't been around the team for some time and won't be the rest of the season. It also appears two other starters have been out for at least a week and in and out the lineup for the season.

Why has dude roster been so injury prone this season is what needs to be asked.
+12   

4 months ago '20        #15
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 64224 64 K  Slaps total: 20639 20 K
 Harasnart said

Penny been bringing in top ten players bro...it's 4 5 star players and 5 4 star players on that 9-8 roster
+8   

4 months ago '18        #16
No Religion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 45544 45 K  Slaps total: 3363 3 K
No Penny slander will ever be tolerated
+21   

4 months ago '09        #17
Lupe Hunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 22073 22 K  Slaps total: 2698 2 K
Penny almost broke out the hood out of him Penny not with that sh*t

They had 3 very good seasons but this season is frustrating because it’s like Emoni and Duran are young kids being pushed in the spotlight and I don’t think the team likes that internally. Penny has to learn that sometimes handle top recruit’s that don’t fit the system, leave them alone. They are getting outplayed with senior with chemistry. Gotta just find a way to f*ght through it. Boogie Ellis and dude who transferred to Mississippi St hurt. Penny gotta learn that no matter how hard you try some players don’t get it.

I feel like he wanted the players he wanted until Duren committed and Emoni a*s came in and wanted to play the point same with Timberlake gotta avoid those n*ggas

Last edited by Lupe Hunter; 01-20-2022 at 11:38 PM..
+5   

4 months ago '16        #18
mw2889 
Props total: 1128 1 K  Slaps total: 131 131
Not saying he's wrong, but you can tell he's not cut out for this. He's making excuses and getting too emotional, he looks defeated. If nothing else you need to instill belief in the players, not tell them they're too young to compete with old guys lol
+9   

4 months ago '18        #19
Illmatic826z  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 12334 12 K  Slaps total: 2149 2 K

I could care less about the team str-ugg-a-ling
+8   

4 months ago '09        #20
That Guy Fly 
 mw2889 said
Not saying he's wrong, but you can tell he's not cut out for this. He's making excuses and getting too emotional, he looks defeated. If nothing else you need to instill belief in the players, not tell them they're too young to compete with old guys lol
From what I just found out the two reporters he was speaking to have been real slick all season with him. Basically saying fire him after every loss and not praising him or the team when they win. My boy said one of them went to find the dad of a player just to write an article about how angry he is with fans on social media talking about his son.

Last edited by That Guy Fly; 01-21-2022 at 12:02 AM..
+9   

4 months ago '09        #21
Lupe Hunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 22073 22 K  Slaps total: 2698 2 K
 That Guy Fly said
Well in his defense he only had Wiseman for 3 games and Boogie is now starting for Southern Cal. Bates, Duren and Timberlake have been hurt a lot this season. As for his a*sistants it appears those guys you named except Larry Brown were part of the problem since they left after one season. sh*t, Rasheed didn't even make it all the way through his one season. I just read an article that said he hasn't been around the team for some time and won't be the rest of the season. It also appears two other starters have been out for at least a week and in and out the lineup for the season.

Why has dude roster been so injury prone this season is what needs to be asked.
Rasheed had COVID most of the guys got sick because someone was sick with it and it hit team hard. Jayden and Nolley out with knee injuries and Lomax ankle, Bates with a finger injury, Lawson with a foot infection,Williams back injury and Timberlake with a shoulder and neck injury. Penny gotta f*ght through it. Best case is they f*ght through the season and Bates go and play for the ignite and Duren leaves. Williams, Tyler Harris, Lomax graduate and Penny can bring in all his RS freshmen and build chemistry.
+5   

4 months ago '15        #22
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 58849 58 K  Slaps total: 25039 25 K
 Javon23 said

Mid Major My a*s
If those are his a*sistant coaches then saying penny is a bad coach reflects on all of them.

Yall realize most hcs are just motivators? Larry most likely deals with Xs and Os.
+5   

4 months ago '04        #23
 kami said
If those are his a*sistant coaches then saying penny is a bad coach reflects on all of them.

Ya’ll realize most hc’s are just motivators? Larry most likely deals with X’s and O’s.
Nah that dosen't fly in college
Larry Brown is age 81
Its Penny's show
+3   

4 months ago '09        #24
That Guy Fly 
 kami said

Yall realize most hcs are just motivators? Larry most likely deals with Xs and Os.
The games I've watched Larry doesn't say much. The x and o guy is Cody Toppert. He came from the NBA too.
+3   

4 months ago '09        #25
That Guy Fly 

+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  13
Justin Timberlake sells his music catalog for $100 million
191 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+41online now  8
Image(s) inside Where did you start?
224 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+54online now  5
May 26 - Shooters Mom speaks, Footage entering school, SRO on campus was armed!
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+16online now  3
How does 2 n*ggas from canada create the same concept album at the same time?
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy