Jan 20 - Prior COVID infection more protective than vaccination during Delta surge

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+50  69
123 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 months ago '21        #1
1862 page views
63 comments

Tehuti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17624 17 K  Slaps total: 5424 5 K
Jan 20 - Prior COVID infection more protective than vaccination during Delta surge

(Reuters) - People who had previously been infected with COVID-19 were better protected against the Delta variant than those who were vaccinated alone, suggesting that natural immunity was a more potent shield than vaccines against that variant, California and New York health officials reported on Wednesday.

Protection against Delta was highest, however, among people who were both vaccinated and had survived a previous COVID infection, and lowest among those who had never been infected or vaccinated, the study found.

Nevertheless, vaccination remains the safest strategy against COVID-19, according to the report published in U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

The results do not apply to the Omicron variant of the virus, which now accounts for 99.5% of COVID-19 cases in the United States.

"The evidence in this report does not change our vaccination recommendations," Dr. Ben Silk of the CDC and one of the study's authors told a media briefing.

"We know that vaccination is still the safest way to protect yourself against COVID-19," he said.

For the study, health officials in California and New York gathered data from May through November, which included the period when the Delta variant was dominant.

It showed that people who survived a previous infection had lower rates of COVID-19 than people who were vaccinated alone.

That represented a change from the period when the Alpha variant was dominant, Silk told the briefing.

"Before the Delta variant, COVID-19 vaccination resulted in better protection against a subsequent infection than surviving a previous infection," he said.

In the summer and fall of 2021, however, when Delta became the predominant circulating iteration of the virus in the United States, "surviving a previous infection now provided greater protection against the subsequent infection than vaccination," he said.

But acquiring immunity through natural infection carries significant risks. According to the study, by November 30, 2021, roughly 130,781 residents of California and New York had died from COVID-19.

The analysis did not include information on the severity of initial infection, nor does it account for the full range of illness caused by prior infection.

One important limitation to the study was that it ended before administration of vaccine booster doses was widespread.

Dr. Erica Pan, state epidemiologist for the California Department of Public Health, said in an email that the study "clearly shows" that vaccines provide the safest protection against COVID-19 and they offer added protection for those with prior infections.

"Outside of this study, recent data on the highly contagious Omicron variant shows that getting a booster provides significant additional protection against infection, hospitalization and death,” Pan said.

Silk said the CDC is studying the impact of vaccination, boosters and prior infection during the Omicron surge and expects to issue further reports when that data becomes available.

visit this link reuters.com
+11   

best
worst
63 comments

4 months ago '16        #2
Fastrap87  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11646 11 K  Slaps total: 5710 5 K
@ @

daily misinformation cleanup needed

"bu bu but...omicron is different big dawg"

+7   

4 months ago '07        #3
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 45763 45 K  Slaps total: 19362 19 K
So now they are saying you should get covid and take the vaxx plus boosters to protect you from covid.

+16   

4 months ago '17        #4
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 20592 20 K  Slaps total: 2079 2 K
 Cambury said
So now they are saying you should get covid and take the vaxx plus boosters to protect you from covid.

""The evidence in this report does not change our vaccination recommendations," Dr. Ben Silk of the CDC and one of the study's authors told a media briefing.

"We know that vaccination is still the safest way to protect yourself against COVID-19," he said."
+5   

4 months ago '16        #5
Fastrap87  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11646 11 K  Slaps total: 5710 5 K
 WHATEVERMAN said
keep boosting our profits with this clot shot
+2   

4 months ago '21        #6
Tehuti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 Cambury said

+8   

4 months ago '16        #7
FutureHipHop  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11918 11 K  Slaps total: 8198 8 K
Virus has over 46 proteines, vaccine has 1 s-spike proteine, simpel science that an infection gives better protection through being broader, the vaccines only trigger a t-cell response, not a memory response
+5   

4 months ago '20        #8
cutedrakestan 
Props total: 5570 5 K  Slaps total: 5994 5 K
It’s ok to be wrong

I swear people will do anything but not admit they got got.

I know people on a booster shot still masking up scared fo go anywhere.

My job banned unvaxxed people and just had an outbreak of COVID
+6   

4 months ago '11        #9
Pakchoy 
Props total: 77066 77 K  Slaps total: 1208 1 K
 FutureHipHop said
Virus has over 46 proteines, vaccine has 1 s-spike proteine, simpel science that an infection gives better protection through being broader, the vaccines only trigger a t-cell response, not a memory response
Best response I've heard. Vaxx is like a slice of pizza compared to antibodies which are equivalent to the whole pie. Already had delta and possibly omricon.
+3   

4 months ago '12        #10
kej718 
Props total: 12116 12 K  Slaps total: 784 784
People who had it should have been given the same status as those vaccinated. I know people that got both shots and the booster who caught it again and it still fu*ked them up like the first time. I know some people that had it and didn't have symptoms but were forced to get the vaccine to keep their jobs. That never made sense to me. You have some type of immunity either way?
+4   

4 months ago '04        #11
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 25387 25 K  Slaps total: 4500 4 K
but it dont mean u should go out n get covid on purpose cuz thats dangerous too

...wtf r we to do???
+1   

4 months ago '07        #12
Eddie..|M 
Props total: 5287 5 K  Slaps total: 1240 1 K
the other day i heard on the news that you shouldnt have “covid parties” because natural immunity is not good. the vaccine is better and take the vaccine

even tho u cant catch covid for months after being infected but if u get the vaccine u can catch it the next day. or whenever. that sh*t crazy how they be lying. vax shot drinkers refuse to admit that sh*t ever yall got hoodwinked
+4   

4 months ago '15        #13
The South 
Props total: 36540 36 K  Slaps total: 4631 4 K
lol - you don’t vax, don’t mask, don’t boost.. I could give a fu*k.

But y’all got so many bi*ch a*s opinions on people who did choose to get it.. I can tell y’all spent too much time with your mothers.

I know this a 99% male forum, but it read like a bunch of bi*ches typing here.

But hey, If this where the bi*ches at..

Last edited by The South; 01-20-2022 at 06:47 PM..
+9   

4 months ago '11        #14
Broseph Stalin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 56894 56 K  Slaps total: 5306 5 K

The results do not apply to the Omicron variant of the virus, which now accounts for 99.5% of COVID-19 cases in the United States

"We know that vaccination is still the safest way to protect yourself against COVID-19," he said.

For the study, health officials in California and New York gathered data from May through November, which included the period when the Delta variant was dominant.

It showed that people who survived a previous infection had lower rates of COVID-19 than people who were vaccinated alone.

That represented a change from the period when the Alpha variant was dominant, Silk told the briefing.

"Before the Delta variant, COVID-19 vaccination resulted in better protection against a subsequent infection than surviving a previous infection," he said.

In the summer and fall of 2021, however, when Delta became the predominant circulating iteration of the virus in the United States, "surviving a previous infection now provided greater protection against the subsequent infection than vaccination," he said.

But acquiring immunity through natural infection carries significant risks. According to the study, by November 30, 2021, roughly 130,781 residents of California and New York had died from COVID-19.

The analysis did not include information on the severity of initial infection, nor does it account for the full range of illness caused by prior infection.

One important limitation to the study was that it ended before administration of vaccine booster doses was widespread

Last edited by Broseph Stalin; 01-20-2022 at 06:48 PM..
+6   

4 months ago '20        #15
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11942 11 K  Slaps total: 1677 1 K
Drudge report much!

4 months ago '17        #16
Class of 2017 
Props total: 16333 16 K  Slaps total: 3327 3 K
"Outside of this study, recent data on the highly contagious Omicron variant shows that getting a booster provides significant additional protection against infection, hospitalization and death,” Pan said.

4 months ago '21        #17
Tehuti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 Class of 2017 said

+2   

4 months ago '05        #18
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 59772 59 K  Slaps total: 19999 19 K
WTH they got @ for speaking too much truth. I will hold it down for you, brother.
+1   

4 months ago '21        #19
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24402 24 K  Slaps total: 6739 6 K
The vaccines work. Nice.
+4   

4 months ago '13        #20
SimpinAintEz 
Props total: 52962 52 K  Slaps total: 10971 10 K
 Fastrap87 said
@ @

daily misinformation cleanup needed

"bu bu but...omicron is different big dawg"

Any time you type a misinformation cleanup is needed.
+3   

4 months ago '05        #21
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 59772 59 K  Slaps total: 19999 19 K
 RedPill said
What he do?
I don't know. I'm a*suming it's because he kept calling out the covid "vaccine" cattle on this site.

4 months ago '21        #22
Fras 
Props total: 8587 8 K  Slaps total: 7883 7 K
Lol no kiddin. Funny they’re still saying you should get vaccinated after having infection when there’s studies that have been cited by doctors that say you have like a 20x higher likelihood of having adverse reactions to the vaccine.

Some doctors have also said you’d be immune for life against all variants prior to omicron. It’ll be interesting to watch this nonsense unfold.

4 months ago '21        #23
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24402 24 K  Slaps total: 6739 6 K
 RedPill said
Prove it. Cuz all I see is vaccinated and unvaccinated still getting covid. BUT BUT BUT IT WILL PREVENT U FROM GOING TO THE HOSPITALAHHHHH.

If you don't sit down somewhere u puppet gonzorella muppet.
What in the European American did you just call me?

4 months ago '19        #24
TheKingofClowns 
Props total: 2365 2 K  Slaps total: 252 252

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '06        #25
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 107540 107 K  Slaps total: 22393 22 K
 GUCCI C0ND0MS said

@ @ @
What about omicron?

+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+36online now  20
Image(s) inside Where did you start?
188 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
+18online now  17
Image(s) inside Jamaican beef patty ever made you speak a new language?
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  14
Reseller Zadeh Kicks Leaves Customers With Millions in Outstanding Orders
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  13
Article inside 'Predator' Spyware Let Government Hackers Break Into Chrome and Andro..
9 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy