Jan 20 - New Law Will Install Kill Switches In All New Cars

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+31  67
39 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 months ago '05        #1
1184 page views
29 comments

Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 79038 79 K  Slaps total: 11616 11 K
Jan 20 - New Law Will Install k*ll Switches In All New Cars

Once again, drivers get screwed by politicians in DC…

Back in 1998, sci-fi TV series The X-Files aired an episode called “Kill Switch” about an AI gone rogue. Told when the internet was still accessed by most using dial-up modems, it was a fascinating tale of technology run amuck, a message about not handing too much of your life over to the digital world. While it might also seem like a sci-fi tale, soon enough the United States federal government could force automakers to install k*ll switches authorities can access and use to shut down any newer vehicle.

To many, that might sound like a wonderful idea. After all, we’ve seen wanted criminals who have fled from police only to crash into a car with a family inside, k*lling innocents as they try to avoid capture. Being able to stop the pursuit early and almost instantaneously seems like a wonderful thing, a potential lifesaver any law-abiding citizen would enthusiastically embrace.

According to an article written by former U.S. Representative Bob Barr, hidden away in the recently passed infrastructure bill, the very one I warned before would negatively impact drivers across the country if it were to pass, is a measure to install vehicle k*ll switches into every new car, truck, and SUV sold in this country. The regulation likely won’t be enforced for five years, so maybe there’s time to do something about this.

As we’ve seen both in this country and others recently, what constitutes “law-abiding” can change drastically overnight. For example, in September a car was pulled over in New Zealand and the occupants arrested when police discovered the trunk was full of Kentucky Fried Chicken meals. They were smuggling the fast food to customers in locked-down Auckland, against quarantine measures. Yet not too long before, delivering restaurant orders to people was considered a reputable, legal activity.

It gets even better: Barr points out that the bill, which has been signed into law by President Biden, states that the k*ll switch, which is referred to as a safety device, must “passively monitor the performance of a driver of a motor vehicle to accurately identify whether that driver may be impaired.” In other words, Big Brother will constantly be monitoring how you drive. If you do something the system has been programmed to recognize as driver impairment, your car could just shut off, which could be incredibly dangerous.

There is the possibility the k*ll switch program might measure your driving as impaired, then when you try to start the car up again the engine won’t fire up. That would potentially leave you stranded.

But wait, there’s more. This k*ll switch “safety” system would be open, or in other words there would be a backdoor. That would allow police or other government authorities to access it whenever. Would they need a warrant to do that? Likely not. Even better, hackers could access the backdoor and shut down your vehicle.

Barr points out what a tremendous violation of Americans’ privacy this is, and he’s right. In addition, the term “impaired driving” isn’t defined by the legislation, so it would be open to interpretation by regulators such as the Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Do you want government regulators helping to write algorithms which might force your car to pull over and stop because you might be a little tired instead of tipsy? There was never a debate on the House or Senate floor about this issue. Instead, this bill was passed through with many backroom deals I detailed out before here, if you care to learn more about that.

It’s time for not only car enthusiasts but also regular Americans to get loud and tell their US Representatives and Senators what they think of laws like these. Obviously, our elected officials don’t care too much about our safety or privacy, so we need to remind them what we expect now and moving forward.

Check out Barr’s article visit this link here.

visit this link https://www.yahoo.com/now .. 170000930.html
visit this link https://www.motorious.com .. ches-new-cars/

Last edited by Stuart Scott; 01-20-2022 at 12:30 PM..

best
worst
29 comments

4 months ago '17        #2
Lazy 
Props total: 34138 34 K  Slaps total: 4445 4 K
Slapped for posting an opinion piece
+5   

4 months ago '05        #3
Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31 OP
Props total: 79038 79 K  Slaps total: 11616 11 K
 Lazy said
Slapped for posting an opinion piece

it's not though. Barr's article is at the end, but not this article I posted

4 months ago '20        #4
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 59087 59 K  Slaps total: 10863 10 K
This is expected with all new electric vehicles connected to 5g , black boxes that will record conversations & crash data with the ability to disable the car so law enforcement can stop & frisk you while roughing you up . The man needs to have that control . Sleepy Joe is slipping in all kinds of nonsense into law like Bush & Obama did
+9   

4 months ago '21        #5
mypostmakesense  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 13331 13 K  Slaps total: 886 886
Articles like this p*ss me off.

Not because of what it entails but more so because certain folks call(ed) this kind of stuff "conspiracy theories" for years and then when it happens they tell you it's no big deal.
+16   

4 months ago '21        #6
Tehuti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17624 17 K  Slaps total: 5424 5 K

+14   

4 months ago '05        #7
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 21235 21 K  Slaps total: 7288 7 K
 mypostmakesense said

Not because of what it entails but more so because certain folks call(ed) this kind of stuff "conspiracy theories" for years and then when it happens they tell you it's no big deal.
conspiracy theorists stay winning....

+12   

4 months ago '21        #8
Tehuti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17624 17 K  Slaps total: 5424 5 K
 mypostmakesense said

+21   

4 months ago '16        #9
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 135067 135 K  Slaps total: 27493 27 K
 Tehuti said

+12   

4 months ago '19        #10
Big Gurthy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 25061 25 K  Slaps total: 2620 2 K
Ehhh a few car lots already have this in their cars.

I’ll let y’all cook tho.
+2   

4 months ago '12        #11
TrillSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 68700 68 K  Slaps total: 11558 11 K
 Big Gurthy said
Ehhh a few car lots already have this in their cars.

I’ll let y’all cook tho.
They weirdos. They already impound cars, put boots on em, spikes to slash tires, and special weapons that can immobilize vehicles. Do these idiots think theyre going to take their car and hide in Yosemite ? Lmaoooo
This thread has been made 3-4 times already.
+1   

4 months ago '15        #12
Lord Funkington 
Props total: 13830 13 K  Slaps total: 2287 2 K
this place is hilarious. Keyboard activists make the world go round.
+1   

4 months ago '10        #13
AmazinJay 
Props total: 3067 3 K  Slaps total: 462 462
Funny they don't mention any references where this is found in the massive 2700 page bill. So we just take the congressman's word for it huh?
+1   

4 months ago '15        #14
Lord Funkington 
Props total: 13830 13 K  Slaps total: 2287 2 K
 AmazinJay said
Funny they don't mention any references where this is found in the massive 2700 page bill. So we just take the congressman's word for it huh?
It's not found anywhere. These idiots just read headlines.
+3   

2 months ago '18        #15
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 75784 75 K  Slaps total: 17743 17 K

This was 2014, the bill seems like it might make it mandatory that all car's have them........but most auto loan places have been doing this for damn near 12 years.....even the cheap buy here pay here places.

The good thing is it can be disabled by the right mechanic'
+1   

2 months ago '18        #16
Capodecina  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39416 39 K  Slaps total: 2882 2 K
It's a new era
Be careful for who you vote for.

2 months ago '15        #17
Holdino  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 63081 63 K  Slaps total: 6480 6 K

Raise your hand if you graduated High School smh

2 months ago '17        #18
Skrr 
Props total: 6267 6 K  Slaps total: 1084 1 K
 TrillSwag said
They weirdos. They already impound cars, put boots on em, spikes to slash tires, and special weapons that can immobilize vehicles. Do these idiots think theyre going to take their car and hide in Yosemite ? Lmaoooo
This thread has been made 3-4 times already.
Ppl think they're gonna Paul walker away from a pursuit squad with chopper support

Current day: you're getting spike stripped or rammed off the road in 15 mins

Future: They'll probably take an hour to connect to the registry and another to put in an order to shut your sh*t down
+3   

2 months ago '17        #19
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 83085 83 K  Slaps total: 6960 6 K
Yall notice how goofball conspiracy theorists have to compare real life to a tv show or movie

Last edited by Ifeellikekobe; 04-04-2022 at 07:39 AM..
+3   

2 months ago '21        #20
Until Then  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 4558 4 K  Slaps total: 4920 4 K
 Ifeellikekobe said
Yall notice how goofball conspiracy theorists have to compare real life to a tv show or movie

2 months ago '17        #21
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 58683 58 K  Slaps total: 8755 8 K
hey my bank account can already be hacked.. why not give my car the same abilities

let me prep my body for this vulnerableness
+1   

2 months ago '17        #22
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 223247 223 K  Slaps total: 17756 17 K
 mypostmakesense said

I've had OnStar in my car for years and that comes installed with a k*ll switch. A lot of cars company's like Ford, Mercedes, BMW, Hyundai, and Tesla have systems that can remotely disable your vehicle.
+2   

2 months ago '12        #23
Di Warlord 
Props total: 27650 27 K  Slaps total: 1625 1 K
you're not escaping the man, whether its on foot or in a vehicle

shieeet the only way you can really escape the law is if you flee on foot and hoof it the old school way and use cash for all transactions, but even then, they'll use technology to catch you lackin with the quickness. Then you gotta worry about crossing an international border... good luck with that

unless you get a significant jump start on them

2 months ago '21        #24
Until Then  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 4558 4 K  Slaps total: 4920 4 K
 Naga Sadow said
I've had OnStar in my car for years and that comes installed with a k*ll switch. A lot of cars company's like Ford, Mercedes, BMW, Hyundai, and Tesla have systems that can remotely disable your vehicle.
Optional vs forced/mandated.

That’s fine people want their vehicles to be able to be shut down remotely without they consent or warrant by law enforcement.

Sure there’s plenty of factual faulty events with k*ll switches on the x amount of vehicles that have them now.

More of a “luxury” than a necessity.

Last edited by Until Then; 04-04-2022 at 10:19 AM..

2 months ago '06        #25
daffysm 
Props total: 7886 7 K  Slaps total: 3536 3 K
this is actually a great idea if done right

imagine the stolen vehicles that would just shut off

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  25
May 27 - 19 officers playing on their phones while waiting for tactical gear a..
96 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+87online now  20
Video inside Do not chase women!
158 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  13
Video inside The Ponzi Scheme Collapse in the Shoe Market
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+39online now  10
Video inside Katt Williams Calls Chris Rock "Head of The C[][]ns"; Says Oscars' Slap..
124 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy