online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Be careful renting financed or leased cars on TURO *Repo*

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section rides

2 years ago '13        #1
36487 page views
134 comments

RoadStarr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1060 1 K  Slaps total: 32 32
icon Be careful renting financed or leased cars on TURO *Repo*

For those of you renting your vehicles on TURO be very careful. I have owned a rental company for over 10 years now in LA with 30+ cars, many people don't understand how bad Hertz, Enterprise, Avis want TURO gone. It first started with them getting TURO banned from all Major Airports, when that didn't work they have gone the route of getting a third party service to basically snitch to your finance company that you are renting your vehicle. They do this by hiring a service to go on TURO and specifically screen shot license plate pictures and match them to finance companies.

The best thing you can do at this point it NEVER show your real license plate on your photos, they are making it their mission to do a sweep all 2022 on vehicles "illegally" being rented on TURO. For anyone who doesn't know any personal vehicle that is leased or financed is a breach of contract renting a personal vehicle out for profit or commercial use. This is the loop hole allowing these companies to legally come repo your car for being on TURO.

This is a pretty low approach the financial institutions and dealerships are talking but on the flip side in 2021 their was a record number of wrecked vehicles who's loans were defaulted on and linked back to being rented on TURO.

I didn't know how true this was until it just happen to a friend of mine, he had 4 Charger Scat Packs repo'd by Ally Financial that he had listed on TURO. They just showed up and took the cars. Imagine having not 1 but 4 repos hit your PERSONAL credit.

The biggest banks doing this right now are Ally Financial, GM, Ford and Mercedes.

Take the necessary steps while you can they are cracking down on personal vehicles being rented for profit.

+86   

icon
best
icon
worst
134 comments

2 years ago '17        #2
Its 
Props total: 65895 65 K  Slaps total: 5198 5 K
sh1t, ain't nobody say this sh1t was gonna be easy lol
Keep sh1t low is the moral of the story
+54   

2 years ago '16        #3
EasyRobinson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 2344 2 K  Slaps total: 83 83
I got shiested by Turo , a pebble hit the windshield on my rental and despite having the Turo coverage I was charged over 600 to fix the windscreen due to their *fine print* . Read the mf fineprint .
+72   

2 years ago '17        #4
Sonysony  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9353 9 K  Slaps total: 1301 1 K
 RoadStarr said 🔗
For those of you renting your vehicles on TURO be very careful. I have owned a rental company for over 10 years now in LA with 30+ cars, many people don't understand how bad Hertz, Enterprise, Avis want TURO gone. It first started with them getting TURO banned from all Major Airports, when that didn't work they have gone the route of getting a third party service to basically snitch to your finance company that you are renting your vehicle. They do this by hiring a service to go on TURO and specifically screen shot license plate pictures and match them to finance companies.

The best thing you can do at this point it NEVER show your real license plate on your photos, they are making it their mission to do a sweep all 2022 on vehicles "illegally" being rented on TURO. For anyone who doesn't know any personal vehicle that is leased or financed is a breach of contract renting a personal vehicle out for profit or commercial use. This is the loop hole allowing these companies to legally come repo your car for being on TURO.

This is a pretty low approach the financial institutions and dealerships are talking but on the flip side in 2021 their was a record number of wrecked vehicles who's loans were defaulted on and linked back to being rented on TURO.

I didn't know how true this was until it just happen to a friend of mine, he had 4 Charger Scat Packs repo'd by Ally Financial that he had listed on TURO. They just showed up and took the cars. Imagine having not 1 but 4 repos hit your PERSONAL credit.

The biggest banks doing this right now are Ally Financial, GM, Ford and Mercedes.

Take the necessary steps while you can they are cracking down on personal vehicles being rented for profit.

Can you message me , I’m in la all the time and use rentals , you got a website or something or how do you rent ?

2 years ago '14        #5
Donnie 
Props total: 2590 2 K  Slaps total: 323 323
fu#k all dem
+11   

2 years ago '04        #6
The_Most_H8ed 
Props total: 3248 3 K  Slaps total: 150 150
Seems like more of an insurance issue no?

I mean if you get in an accident as say an Uber driver, door dash, etc...your insurance company CAN deny your claim if you failed to disclose that the vehicle will be used for work purposes...making the risk of you defaulting on your loan/vehicle more likely
+19   

2 years ago '19        #7
sensational 
Props total: 7179 7 K  Slaps total: 587 587
Me and my girl’s brother are going to the dealership tomorrow to look at some chargers to put on Turo. Thread couldn’t have come at a better time.

Edit- So, buddy at the dealership said it was Ight. We explicitly asked him and other dudes in there as well. They said it was okay. We were gonna get it through the ein but it hasn’t been established for at least two years. He even recommended we not get it for commercial use anyway because we wouldn’t get the warranties. All in all, he said we’d be fine. I told that n1gga, I need it all in writing lol
n1ggas we’re trying to hit us cross the head for the wide body joint
emoji

Last edited by sensational; 01-21-2022 at 04:07 PM..
+49   

2 years ago '14        #8
breezeus313 
Props total: 17610 17 K  Slaps total: 1035 1 K
I don't like renting from Turo anyway but its in your leasing contract so you can't get mad
+18   

2 years ago '16        #9
castroThirteen 
Props total: 25612 25 K  Slaps total: 3783 3 K
emoji

Last edited by castroThirteen; 01-20-2022 at 05:02 PM..
+2   

2 years ago '19        #10
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 58056 58 K  Slaps total: 6815 6 K
Anyone know if this applies to Canada and if any banks are doing it here?

Been thinking about putting my car on there while I'm not really able to drive.
+3   

2 years ago '04        #11
kniccalodeon 
Props total: 14778 14 K  Slaps total: 669 669
 EasyRobinson said 🔗
I got shiested by Turo , a pebble hit the windshield on my rental and despite having the Turo coverage I was charged over 600 to fix the windscreen due to their *fine print* . Read the mf fineprint .
Nah Turo Aint sh1t. They hit me with a 300 charge months later because the person didn’t forward the money I paid for the tolls. The bills they presented to Turo even have the marks of 3rd/4th notice on them and Turo was like oh well. fu#k them forever
+24   

2 years ago '18        #12
chevyimpala05  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 483 483  Slaps total: 105 105
I was planning on renting out a bunch of my vehicles on Turo, ones i own of course. Im sick because i have a turo course which advises getting leases on Teslas and Lexuses
+5   

2 years ago '20        #13
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 57095 57 K  Slaps total: 3899 3 K
Damn lol, I remember I was tryna rent a Countryman from them downtown when I was briefly staying with my ex (not SnR) in late 2020.

Goooooood thing none of that worked out.

God always has his plans.
+4   

2 years ago '20        #14
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 57095 57 K  Slaps total: 3899 3 K
Yo be careful with these rental companies and apps.

There are some real hot wheels that they happen to get through to be listed too.

Don't get caught lackin'.
+10   

2 years ago '16        #15
AngelTaster 
Props total: 10378 10 K  Slaps total: 713 713
This can be avoided if you tell the dealer the cars are going to be used for rental business and buy via LLC. And READ THE WHOLE FINANCING AGREEMENT. There is a lot of sh1t they put in there that you can cross out or not agree to and they will have to let you rock or miss the sale. More times than not they gona let you rock
+26   

2 years ago '19        #16
305Trav  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 16401 16 K  Slaps total: 3949 3 K
Thats wild, between the finance company and insurance, sounds like a hassle.
+2   

2 years ago '14        #17
Nardy Global 
Props total: 2805 2 K  Slaps total: 214 214
Yeah Turo been known to scam people. That's what happens when these companies pop up with no oversite. I was about to rent from them until I read their reviews and was like nah.

Last edited by Nardy Global; 02-13-2022 at 08:58 PM..
+11   

2 years ago '18        #18
Obeybrad 
Props total: 956 956  Slaps total: 244 244
Starting renting for Turo w my Audi was successful took a break about to start listing again made 5k in two months one car
+17   

2 years ago '13        #19
Commission  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 143313 143 K  Slaps total: 22971 22 K
Turo has crazy hidden fees

Sixth car rental >>>>>>>>>>>>
+6   

2 years ago '04        #20
7twelve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 69875 69 K  Slaps total: 14322 14 K
 RoadStarr said 🔗

so you got an independent rental car company? im curious how you make money bro, i can understand the big boys cuz of volume and maybe bulk purchase discounts. like how many miles before u off a car? ur cars all purchased new? im sure insurance a bih
+2   

2 years ago '04        #21
7twelve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 69875 69 K  Slaps total: 14322 14 K
 AngelTaster said 🔗
This can be avoided if you tell the dealer the cars are going to be used for rental business and buy via LLC. And READ THE WHOLE FINANCING AGREEMENT. There is a lot of sh1t they put in there that you can cross out or not agree to and they will have to let you rock or miss the sale. More times than not they gona let you rock
ya i learned hard way. went in with pre-approval and told them i dont want em running my credit. i dont care about possible lower rates or nothing. they said sure. next day i get a damn alert they ran in to 5 diff companies. i called up to to speak to finance manager and this bih says now my guy gets bad rep for trying to save you some money. the audacity of this bih

i know how credit works and i specifically told em i dont want it ran to other companies. he said he wouldn't.
+15   

2 years ago '04        #22
Sineztro  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5756 5 K  Slaps total: 713 713
Rates are mad overpriced on there anyway. I stick with hertz and my standard to mid size rentals
emoji
+14   

2 years ago '12        #23
Binds 
Props total: 17460 17 K  Slaps total: 1175 1 K
the homie got done dirty recently got his clean Lexus totaled and got caught up
emoji
+12   

2 years ago '16        #24
Frankie Needles  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 32660 32 K  Slaps total: 8643 8 K
 Commission said 🔗
Turo has crazy hidden fees

Sixth car rental >>>>>>>>>>>>
Turo good in the super clutch only because you can do it with a debit card, a lot of places won't let you use a debit card OR you have to be out of town to use one...
Turo rages are high as fu#k though
+9   

2 years ago '05        #25
Obsecure 
Props total: 939 939  Slaps total: 122 122
I’ve been using Turo for 5 years never had an issue except for a guy canceling on me last minute cause he didn’t actually have the car.
+7   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+8111
Image(s) inside Damn she living like that
125 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props-274
Image(s) inside The difference between a 30 year old in the 80s vs 2024
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Mar 17 - Niger Ends Cooperation with US Military and Requests It to Leave
35 comments
2 days ago
@news