When culture biters disrespect our legends - Mary J talks about meeting Christina Aguilera

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 months ago '20        #1
4146 page views
81 comments

MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 34043 34 K  Slaps total: 8550 8 K
When culture biters disrespect our legends - Mary J talks about meeting Christina Aguilera

So technically, I know this ain't really "hip hop" but I thought it was interesting. Y'all heard this story before? Heard it a while ago but forgot all about it until it just popped up on my YT.

Pretty much - when they first met, Mary went to greet Christina and Christina stuck her hand out for Mary to kiss it.

Pretty ironic sh*t. Because the only reason people realized that Christina could actually sing is because she was doing Mary J. Blige covers when she was on the Mickey Mouse Club.

But, this is how they do. They mimic and steal, give some watered down impersonation of what they think the Black r&b/soul greats sound like. All the meanwhile, sh*tting on the greats in the process.

They're all some scam artists. Said the same sh*t about Justin Timberlake.

What say you, BX?
+56   

best
worst
81 comments

4 months ago '10        #2
Trilluminati GA 
Props total: 54859 54 K  Slaps total: 2087 2 K
Hoe had period blood running down her leg but wanted MJB to kiss her hand?

+58   

4 months ago '20        #3
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
 Trilluminati GA said

For real

And Christina ainít even enough of that to where people need to be bowing down to her and sh*t. She got on because she sort of had soul. But thatís the most oversinging bi*ch Iíve ever heard.
+33   

4 months ago '10        #4
Trilluminati GA 
Props total: 54859 54 K  Slaps total: 2087 2 K
 MrDarkCloud said
For real

And Christina ainít even enough of that to where people need to be bowing down to her and sh*t. She got on because she sort of had soul. But thatís the most oversinging bi*ch Iíve ever heard.
She can sang but she played herself with acting grand with MJ
+22   

4 months ago '07        #5
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x148
Props total: 296652 296 K  Slaps total: 26395 26 K
 Trilluminati GA said

Bro...

+9   

4 months ago '22        #6
Deeebo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7019 7 K  Slaps total: 2911 2 K
 NvrCMiNut said
I say African Americans have penchant for making irredentist claims on entire cultures existence even worse than white people and therefor have no credibility to turn militant gate keeper when youíre on the same sh*t. Basically you canít talk about culture vultures then turn around and claim to be a Jew, Native American, Moor, Arab, Olmec, Roman etc etc .
Couldnít have put it better

4 months ago '20        #7
 NvrCMiNut said
I say African Americans have penchant for making irredentist claims on entire cultures existence even worse than white people and therefor have no credibility to turn militant gate keeper when you’re on the same sh*t. Basically you can’t talk about culture vultures then turn around and claim to be a Jew, Native American, Moor, Arab, Olmec, Roman etc etc .
What does this have to do with Christina Aguilera disrespecting Mary J Blige but was singing Mary J Blige songs when she got discovered?
+16   

4 months ago '05        #8
PBoy03 
Props total: 1852 1 K  Slaps total: 497 497
Who cares. People disrespect each other every day b.

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '05        #9
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 42523 42 K  Slaps total: 5588 5 K
Another random race thread? With Christina literally giving praise to MJB in the video….. and we are going to ignore the fact the MJB is a bit of a diva herself …. This sh*t is just stupid

Christina was inspired by black soul singers, breaking news …. This is nothing to gossip or race bait about

4 months ago '14        #10
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 168099 168 K  Slaps total: 37212 37 K
White people have been giving yall watered down versions of black music for decades
+35   

4 months ago '20        #11
 JimDinO77 said
Another random race thread? With Christina literally giving praise to MJB in the videoÖ.. and we are going to ignore the fact the MJB is a bit of a diva herself Ö. This sh*t is just stupid

Christina was inspired by black soul singers, breaking news Ö. This is nothing to gossip or race bait about
Ahhh. I love how you "others" get super defensive when we call out how mediocre you guys really are at the core of it all.

Christina was "inspired" by Black soul singers - yet, she sticks out her hand for a Black r&b/soul legend to kiss it? MJB is a diva so that gives a culture biter the right to completely disrespect her? Mary's a legend and was pretty much already an established legend when Christina even came out. This is the point you're missing. They "praise" you and then diss you. Stephanie Mills even spoke about this sh*t before.

But that sh*t don't matter to you, though? And spare me that sh*t at the end of the video. She's literally reading off a teleprompter.
+11   

4 months ago '16        #12
seatownslayer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 6577 6 K  Slaps total: 1845 1 K
she sounds bitter to me..there aint to many in the world who can hang with chrisitina and that a scientific proven fact... four fu*king octaves. i know you casuals wont understand that but for a producer and music lover.. that UNHEARD of. she is one of the most talented singers of our life time if not the mos talented.. her music might suck but her singing abilities are unmatched

Mariah Carey the only one i know of who has a 5 octave vocal range in main stream music... she also has the record for the highest note i believe

Last edited by seatownslayer; 01-20-2022 at 12:14 PM..

4 months ago '20        #13
The corrector  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15407 15 K  Slaps total: 3526 3 K
OP and other racists can lick a dirty depend
+2   

4 months ago '10        #14
Bandito  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 45143 45 K  Slaps total: 6621 6 K
I got some doubts about Mary's version of events. She's an alcoholic and the whole kissing the hand thing don't make sense. Sounds like a drunk hallucination of what happened.

Also didn't like her statement at the end about the first impression is the only impression. That's a childish way to live life. We often misjudge people we don't know the first time we meet them.

4 months ago '10        #15
SandmanNyC 
Props total: 6042 6 K  Slaps total: 1970 1 K
Oh look another white vs black thread...
+12   

4 months ago '20        #16
The corrector  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15407 15 K  Slaps total: 3526 3 K
 MrDarkCloud said
Ahhh. I love how you "others" get super defensive when we call out how mediocre you guys really are at the core of it all.

Christina was "inspired" by Black soul singers - yet, she sticks out her hand for a Black r&b/soul legend to kiss it? MJB is a diva so that gives a culture biter the right to completely disrespect her? Mary's a legend and was pretty much already an established legend when Christina even came out. This is the point you're missing. They "praise" you and then diss you. Stephanie Mills even spoke about this sh*t before.

But that sh*t don't matter to you, though? And spare me that sh*t at the end of the video. She's literally reading off a teleprompter.
You sound stupid

fu*k you

4 months ago '20        #17
 The corrector said
You sound stupid

fu*k you
Suck my d*ck, bi*ch. And stay mad.

4 months ago '19        #18
Thisizdray 
Props total: 9736 9 K  Slaps total: 1347 1 K
 NvrCMiNut said
I say African Americans have penchant for making irredentist claims on entire cultures existence even worse than white people and therefor have no credibility to turn militant gate keeper when youíre on the same sh*t. Basically you canít talk about culture vultures then turn around and claim to be a Jew, Native American, Moor, Arab, Olmec, Roman etc etc .

Immigrant tether talkÖ.
You just deflected from the topic to show your contempt and jealousy for black American culture because Iím sure you fled from your homeland and joined our culture.
+5   

4 months ago '07        #19
Mr.Green E.U.I. 
Props total: 3715 3 K  Slaps total: 669 669
 NvrCMiNut said
Every group you mentioned was described by their strong melanin, full lips, wide nose etc

So why wouldnít the offspring of these groups be present today as the people with strong melanin, full lips, wide nose etc

Seems like your upset you were lied to by the American school system. Yes everything you were taught was bs but the first step to recovery is acceptance.
+5   

4 months ago '20        #20
 Bandito said
I got some doubts about Mary's version of events. She's an alcoholic and the whole kissing the hand thing don't make sense. Sounds like a drunk hallucination of what happened.

Also didn't like her statement at the end about the first impression is the only impression. That's a childish way to live life. We often misjudge people we don't know the first time we meet them.
The funny thing is - several artists have said Christina was terrible.

She apparently had issues with Brandy and Mariah Carey, as well. Thatís why I donít believe this is too farfetched.
+5   

4 months ago '17        #21
Props total: 28148 28 K  Slaps total: 7839 7 K
You willing to die for someone u dont know?

4 months ago '19        #22
Johnny Drama 
Props total: 7890 7 K  Slaps total: 6228 6 K
Another day, another inferiority complex from the BX mandem
+1   

4 months ago '18        #23
TexasPlayaMayne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 21852 21 K  Slaps total: 16537 16 K
 MrDarkCloud said

So technically, I know this ain't really "hip hop" but I thought it was interesting. Y'all heard this story before? Heard it a while ago but forgot all about it until it just popped up on my YT.

Pretty much - when they first met, Mary went to greet Christina and Christina stuck her hand out for Mary to kiss it.

Pretty ironic sh*t. Because the only reason people realized that Christina could actually sing is because she was doing Mary J. Blige covers when she was on the Mickey Mouse Club.

But, this is how they do. They mimic and steal, give some watered down impersonation of what they think the Black r&b/soul greats sound like. All the meanwhile, sh*tting on the greats in the process.

They're all some scam artists. Said the same sh*t about Justin Timberlake.

What say you, BX?
Keep in mind, back then Mary wasnt a legend yet. She cant really sing, so people like Christina was probably on some stuck up shyt.

Destiny's child was acting stuck up imo at one point, but remember they sang foreal.

4 months ago '20        #24
Bateman 
Props total: 23961 23 K  Slaps total: 2620 2 K
These race bait threads are corny as fu*k and repetitive
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '05        #25
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 42523 42 K  Slaps total: 5588 5 K
 MrDarkCloud said

Others? Stop a*suming numbnutsÖ. Just like your a*suming how the situation went down based on one side of the storyÖ.

U randomly bi*ching about Christina Agulara on a Thursday morning, this sh*t crazyÖ. Why does her praise even matter quit dwelling on stupid sh*t my n*gga Ö MJB is literally labeled the queen of Hip Hop and R&B, she doesnt need white validation
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  17
Image(s) inside Jamaican beef patty ever made you speak a new language?
77 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  16
Article inside 'Predator' Spyware Let Government Hackers Break Into Chrome and Andro..
9 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+35online now  13
Image(s) inside Where did you start?
187 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  12
Reseller Zadeh Kicks Leaves Customers With Millions in Outstanding Orders