Jay Z Reasonable Doubt Album is....

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
30 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
+62  41
134 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 months ago '21        #1
1733 page views
56 comments

MakeAmillion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 187 187  Slaps total: 79 79
Jay Z Reasonable Doubt Album is....

I was born in 76 in the 80s I seen every hot artist perform live in concert when it wasn't about the clubs, these tours used to sell out stadiums like the Superdome etc.... my aunt husband was a police so we had free tickets to every concert that came to New Orleans in the 80s. I wasn't even a teen I was like 8-11 yrs old during these days. I have seen everyone from LL, slick rick ,Ice T ,NWA , Heavy D,Rakin, MC Lyte, Dougie Fresh and more perform live.... the greatest time of my young hip hop life.

But fast forward....This n*gga Jay-z have the best album for hustlers ever....that Reasonable Doubt album have so many gems for hustlers. in 96 I was 20 I fell in love with that album and it took me many years after to catch some of the bars that went over my head.

Jay is now considered one of the greatest to ever do it and I understand why.
I been through all hiphop generations and as an engineer I recorded many artist in New Orleans and I can honestly say that Jigga is the goat but you will never understand his wave if you are a youngin.

"Who you wit" used to rock the clubs in south in the 90s, only the n*ggas that was never out clubbing back in the day think the south wasn't fu*king with jigga. that n*gga style low-key had the south hooked if not, then he had the street hustlers at least.

Listen to me....... that's why No Limit and Cash Money have many joint with Jay-z. WHEN THEY BLEW UP THEY WENT STRAIGHT TO THE GOAT for features.

You young n*ggas just missed the most powerful era in hiphop history ask your parents. if you know this y'all wouldn't be making these dumb a*s threads about Jay z lol. just check the score board the n*gga a goat for a reason.

imageimageimage

Last edited by MakeAmillion; 01-20-2022 at 06:53 PM..
+66   

best
worst
56 comments

4 months ago '20        #2
Carl 
Props total: 15596 15 K  Slaps total: 3453 3 K
RD is ahead of his time

All-time classic
+35   

4 months ago '06        #3
jigga_benjamin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16914 16 K  Slaps total: 333 333
True this, the streets school us to spend our money foolish
Bond with jewelers and watch for intruders
I stepped it up another level, meditated like a Buddhist
Recruited lieutenants with ludicrous dreams of getting cream
"Let's do this," it gets tedious
So I keep one eye open like CBS — you see me stressed, right?

+29   

4 months ago '18        #4
Steve Gee97  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 31864 31 K  Slaps total: 4373 4 K
A good album which people slept on.

Unfortunately, people didn't appreciate it until after hearing Vol 2 which is why he had to reissue the album.

Makes sense to do that because everyone was bumping Nas, Fugees, and Pac.
+15   

4 months ago '20        #5
LordRupertEvert 
Props total: 8890 8 K  Slaps total: 560 560
 MakeAmillion said
I was born in 76 in the 80s I seen every hot artist perform live in concert when it wasn't about the clubs these tours used to sell out stadiums like the Superdome etc.... my aunt husband was a police so we has free tickets to every concert that came to New Orleans in the 80s. I wasn't even a teen I was like 8-11 yrs old during these days. I have seen everyone from LL, slick rick ,Ice T ,NWA , Heavy D,Rakin, MC Lyte, Dougie Fresh and more perform live.... the greatest time of my young hip hop life.

But fast forward....This n*gga Jay-z have the best album for hustlers ever....that reasonable doubt album have so many gems for hustlers. in 96 I was 20 I fell in love with that album and it took me many years after to catch some of the bars that went over my head.

I been through all hiphop generations and as an engineer I recorded many artist in New Orleans and I can honestly say that Jigga is the goat but you will never understand his wave if you are a youngin.

"who you wit" used to rock the clubs in south in the 90s, only the n*ggas that was never out clubbing back in the day think the south wasn't fu*king with jigga. that n*gga style low-key had the south hooked if not then he had the street hustlers at least.

Listen to me....... that's why No Limit and Cash Money have many joint with jay-z. WHEN THEY BLEW THEY WENT STRAIGHT TO THE GOST.

You young n*ggas just missed the most powerful era in hiphop history ask your parents. if you know this y'all wouldn't be making these dumb a*s threads about Jay z lol. just check the score board the n*gga a goat for a reason.

Not tryna be a d*ck but Who You Wit wasn't on RD though.

Unless that's just a separate thought from the post title, then my bad

But yeah, RD is my favorite album ever. Timeless music
+4   

4 months ago '21        #6
MakeAmillion  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 187 187  Slaps total: 79 79
 LordRupertEvert said
Not tryna be a d*ck but Who You Wit wasn't on RD though.

Unless that's just a separate thought from the post title, then my bad

But yeah, RD is my favorite album ever. Timeless music
You are correct that was just off topic from the post for those who thought the south wasn't rocking with Jigga.
+4   

4 months ago '09        #7
Teddy Loc 
Props total: 1952 1 K  Slaps total: 69 69
Reasonable Doubt is a all time classic and I bout my tape at Super K-Mart with the Parental Advisory sticker on it.
+6   

4 months ago '06        #8
Badnewz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 142369 142 K  Slaps total: 2076 2 K
Jay was rappin over n*ggas heads. RD definitely a hustlers handbook n*gga was putting real game in that. So many quotables, we used to rap this sh*t in school.

+10   

4 months ago '06        #9
angelo noel 
Props total: 10640 10 K  Slaps total: 4145 4 K
Great album just not in my top 10. Just like Aquemini, Illmatic, All Eyez On Me, Ready To Die, Life After death, ATLiens, Makaveli, College Dropout and etc.

4 months ago '04        #10
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 25409 25 K  Slaps total: 4500 4 K
initially his image and persona was weak. he just couldnt sell it

once he became an established name, RD was properly appreciated

anyway does anyone know y theres a diaeresis on "Y"
+1   

4 months ago '18        #11
FireBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 85315 85 K  Slaps total: 18433 18 K
 angelo noel said
Great album just not in my top 10. Just like Aquemini, Illmatic, All Eyez On Me, Ready To Die, Life After death, ATLiens, Makaveli, College Dropout and etc.
You on drugs then

Definitely in my top 10
+6   

4 months ago '13        #12
jrockex 
Props total: 10585 10 K  Slaps total: 836 836
 xbossxplayax said
initially his image and persona was weak. he just couldnt sell it

once he became an established name, RD was properly appreciated

anyway does anyone know y theres a diaeresis on "Y"
someone said its supposed to look like champagne bubbles

4 months ago '13        #13
recreal 
Props total: 4309 4 K  Slaps total: 247 247
When you say that hustler talk RD was definitely that.

As a youngin my man's used to have a hoopty and we'd rock the cassette all day/everyday.

It was this hood in the south, we'd pull up and hang with some old heads. A bottle of Paul or Henny and some smoke, it was the spot. You could play only classics. RD was everyday. 99% of the time it was BIG, Jay or Nas.

One time I brought my man through he tried to play somebody, I think it was Pun...definitely nobody wack, but old heads wasn't feeling it, my guy almost got beat the f*** up. Old head like, put that Reasonable Doubt back on.. We laughed about that for years.
+8   

4 months ago '18        #14
Oldschoolchamp 
Props total: 3046 3 K  Slaps total: 430 430
What is BX’s obsession with debating this album and not leaving it alone as a classic.
+2   

4 months ago '13        #15
jrockex 
Props total: 10585 10 K  Slaps total: 836 836
when i heard this album i was fascinated and jay z was my favorite rapper every since, and not that he wasnt nice but it was the braggadocio sh*t honestly that drew me in, never really heard anyone talk sh*t like that

and it also took many replays later to understand some of the rhymes he did not just in this album but vol 2 vol 3. the music never got old i would play those cds over and over
+5   

4 months ago '15        #16
Suave Mente  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6935 6 K  Slaps total: 1435 1 K
This thread is wholesome af. I love it.
+7   

4 months ago '07        #17
killahkazi 
Props total: 7585 7 K  Slaps total: 586 586
 Steve Gee97 said

Unfortunately, people didn't appreciate it until after hearing Vol 2 which is why he had to reissue the album.

And OutKast. 96 was a crazy year for hip-hop. So many classics it was hard to keep up.
+7   

4 months ago '17        #18
Mindgawn 
Props total: 2738 2 K  Slaps total: 504 504
The only jayz I listen to

4 months ago '20        #19
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 34163 34 K  Slaps total: 8580 8 K
 FireBeats said
You on drugs then

Definitely in my top 10
Yeah. That n*gga is a weirdo.

I don't think I've ever heard one person in my 33 years of life say Reasonable Doubt isn't in their top 10 greatest hip hop albums of all time.

4 months ago '04        #20
Veno da Don  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 34983 34 K  Slaps total: 3468 3 K
Listened again the other week and was again blown away. Masterpiece.
+4   

4 months ago '17        #21
Almighty HA 
Props total: 24510 24 K  Slaps total: 1113 1 K
 Steve Gee97 said

Been telling younger n*ggas this and they be thinking I'm lying.

Nobody really knew who he was or cared. I bought it second week of release and loved it but everybody I knew clowned me at the time for buying this.

Goes to show you true art never depreciates.
+6   

4 months ago '20        #22
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 34163 34 K  Slaps total: 8580 8 K
 Almighty HA said
Been telling younger n*ggas this and they be thinking I'm lying.

Nobody really knew who he was or cared. I bought it second week of release and loved it but everybody I knew clowned me at the time for buying this.

Goes to show you true art never depreciates.
That was apparently the story behind how Can't Knock The Hustle came about.

They were trying to use MJB as a way to help legitimatize Jay at the time because he was essentially a nobody. Mary's own label didn't even want her attached to this project. Combat Jack fought to keep Mary's vocals because MCA records was like, no.

Glad it worked out but yeah. This was definitely an album people grew to appreciate over time.
+3   

4 months ago '17        #23
92baby 
Props total: 104485 104 K  Slaps total: 13678 13 K
 MakeAmillion said
I was born in 76 in the 80s I seen every hot artist perform live in concert when it wasn't about the clubs, these tours used to sell out stadiums like the Superdome etc.... my aunt husband was a police so we had free tickets to every concert that came to New Orleans in the 80s. I wasn't even a teen I was like 8-11 yrs old during these days. I have seen everyone from LL, slick rick ,Ice T ,NWA , Heavy D,Rakin, MC Lyte, Dougie Fresh and more perform live.... the greatest time of my young hip hop life.

But fast forward....This n*gga Jay-z have the best album for hustlers ever....that Reasonable Doubt album have so many gems for hustlers. in 96 I was 20 I fell in love with that album and it took me many years after to catch some of the bars that went over my head.

"Who you wit" used to rock the clubs in south in the 90s, only the n*ggas that was never out clubbing back in the day think the south wasn't fu*king with jigga. that n*gga style low-key had the south hooked if not, then he had the street hustlers at least.

Listen to me....... that's why No Limit and Cash Money have many joint with Jay-z. WHEN THEY BLEW UP THEY WENT STRAIGHT TO THE GOAT for features.

Well yes I remember when the black album came out

n*ggas in New Orleans was geeked

I knew a cat who thought biggie was the nicest out

New Orleans always had love for New York

Probably why we have the best rappers from the south(subjective)
+3   

4 months ago '20        #24
fremontitic 
Props total: 3036 3 K  Slaps total: 285 285
Best Jay Album hands down
When New York was New York
Your borough meant something in Hip Hop

+7   

4 months ago '16        #25
catchulacking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 29777 29 K  Slaps total: 9767 9 K
nvm

Last edited by catchulacking; 01-20-2022 at 08:37 PM..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+54online now  14
May 26 - Shooter’s Mom speaks, Footage entering school, SRO on campus was armed!
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  8
How does 2 n*ggas from canada create the same concept album at the same time?
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+152online now  6
Image(s) inside Ice T pulling up at Ceasers Palace
93 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+17online now  5
Justin Timberlake sells his music catalog for $100 million