Jan 19 - LA Freight Train Looting Out Of Control

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
54 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 months ago '04        #1
954 page views
21 comments

eazyvaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 48394 48 K  Slaps total: 2111 2 K
Jan 19 - LA Freight Train Looting Out Of Control

The scene in Southern California resembles a disaster movie — only it's not.

Thousands of boxes littering Union Pacific (UNP) train tracks in downtown Los Angeles attest to a wave of rail thefts that have taken place in recent months — worsening supply chain bottlenecks and creating endless delays for consumers and merchants that likely cost millions, if not more.

With retailers seeing a wave of "smash and grab" thefts, rail heists are now taking center stage in the latest problem dogging the industry. Over the weekend, Yahoo Finance saw several scavengers picking through the sea trash, hoping to find valuable goods like electronics, clothes or whatever items thieves left behind.

Thieves have been raiding cargo containers, taking packages that belong to people from all over the country from retailers like Amazon (AMZN), Target (TGT), Macy’s (M), Skechers, and others, leading to viral images on social media. Data from the National Retail Federation found that the average loss from organized crime topped $700,000 per $1 billion in sales in 2020.

Some of the refuse left behind included pills, dermatology products, home decor which robbers didn’t want, or simply didn't believe were valuable enough to take.

On Saturday, Yahoo Finance found several packages, and upon entering the tracking number information found they were marked as “on the way – delay.”

visit this link https://finance.yahoo.com .. 120449879.html
+3   

best
worst
21 comments

4 months ago '18        #2
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 81969 81 K  Slaps total: 8204 8 K
We pay LAPD 1.9 billion and they can't handle this ..
+6   

4 months ago '05        #3
Muggz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20809 20 K  Slaps total: 5645 5 K
 DUCEDUCE said
ya cause their robocop armoured tank can’t pick up garbage but it still costs 20 mill
+4   

4 months ago '16        #4
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 135067 135 K  Slaps total: 27493 27 K
defund the police commercial

they spend all that money on tanks but can't do entry level police work
+6   

4 months ago '09        #5
Flyboy88 
Props total: 1453 1 K  Slaps total: 958 958
 DUCEDUCE said
say thanks to "progressive" DA instead of criticizing LAPD

Union Pacific said in its letter that in the last three months of the year it made over 100 arrests of "active criminals vandalizing our trains" in partnership with the LA police department and Los Angeles Sherriff department. After being arrested individuals are released from custody within 24 hours, it said.

The company claims that a December 2020 special directive issued by District Attorney George Gascón that changed how low-level offenses are prosecuted has contributed to the uptick.

+5   

4 months ago '18        #6
 Flyboy88 said

Union Pacific said in its letter that in the last three months of the year it made over 100 arrests of "active criminals vandalizing our trains" in partnership with the LA police department and Los Angeles Sherriff department. After being arrested individuals are released from custody within 24 hours, it said.

The company claims that a December 2020 special directive issued by District Attorney George Gascón that changed how low-level offenses are prosecuted has contributed to the uptick.

Gascon has to do with LAPD patrolling? Your job is to police even if they keep coming back.
+3   

4 months ago '21        #7
HesOnFire 
Props total: 1682 1 K  Slaps total: 85 85
Bruh why LA so fu*king dirty fam? The outskirts of downtown around San Pedro Los Angeles St Wall St Maple street look like a scene from fall out sh*t look like a whole diff world
+3   

4 months ago '18        #8
 HesOnFire said
Bruh why LA so fu*king dirty fam? The outskirts of downtown around San Pedro Los Angeles St Wall St Maple street look like a scene from fall out sh*t look like a whole diff world
all the homeless from all the areas congregate here. people from nevada, utah new mexico, arizona.. what you expect?
+1   

4 months ago '21        #9
HesOnFire 
 DUCEDUCE said
all the homeless from all the areas congregate here. people from nevada, utah new mexico, arizona.. what you expect?
sh*t still blows my mind a drive past them streets at night and if you didn’t look up and see the skyscrapers you wouldn’t think you was in LA anymore Downtown would be so much better if they handled the root of the problem
+1   

4 months ago '20        #10
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 58990 58 K  Slaps total: 10844 10 K
Maybe Union Pacific needs to hire more transit cops ?

4 months ago '04        #11
tonyblunt 
Props total: 1321 1 K  Slaps total: 134 134
 Flyboy88 said

LOL some ppl not gonna like this fact buuut....
+2   

4 months ago '05        #12
pippen33 
Props total: 37284 37 K  Slaps total: 2943 2 K
 DUCEDUCE said
fu*k The Police

But I would think this is a situation that the private companies have to deal with. The private companies would have to hire security.

Dont think the LAPD does security for freight trains

4 months ago '18        #13
 pippen33 said
fu*k The Police

But I would think this is a situation that the private companies have to deal with. The private companies would have to hire security.

Dont think the LAPD does security for freight trains
Bro security is a deterrent not to handle crime. What the fu*k can a security guard do but call the cops.

4 months ago '05        #14
MATIX 
Props total: 3269 3 K  Slaps total: 1297 1 K
Does LA also have the theft under $1000 is cool like SF?

4 months ago '18        #15
 MATIX said
Does LA also have the theft under $1000 is cool like SF?
LA has cops that don't do sh*t and a bunch of people blaming the the DA who has been in office since 12/2020 but LA had problems before that....

4 months ago '15        #16
edub911 
Props total: 9563 9 K  Slaps total: 1630 1 K
Hella weed sacks got took too

4 months ago '05        #17
pippen33 
Props total: 37284 37 K  Slaps total: 2943 2 K
 DUCEDUCE said
Bro security is a deterrent not to handle crime. What the fu*k can a security guard do but call the cops.
Right but Police don't handle private security.

If you own a store the police aint gonna sit outside of your sh*t all day making sure no one robs you. Its your responsibility as the business owner to have security.

From my understanding these are private cargo trains..So if the situation is that bad then they need to hire armed security.

Dont really want my tax dollars going towards the police guarding Amazon packages with some tampons.
+1   

4 months ago '18        #18
 pippen33 said
Right but Police don't handle private security.

If you own a store the police aint gonna sit outside of your sh*t all day making sure no one robs you. Its your responsibility as the business owner to have security.

From my understanding these are private cargo trains..So if the situation is that bad then they need to hire armed security.

Dont really want my tax dollars going towards the police guarding Amazon packages with some tampons.
Bro cops dont respond to sh*t in LA literally. Since the pandemic they are MIA.

4 months ago '10        #19
Trilluminati GA 
Props total: 54828 54 K  Slaps total: 2087 2 K
Capitalism

*bumps 2Pac hit em up*

4 months ago '04        #20
jholla31 
Props total: 2914 2 K  Slaps total: 364 364
 DUCEDUCE said
Bro cops dont respond to sh*t in LA literally. Since the pandemic they are MIA.
I was there not too long ago, feels like the only time I saw any cops was at the airport, or the beach maybe...

Crazy how such a beautiful place can be so wild at the same time.

Things fall apart
+1   

4 months ago '21        #21
HesOnFire 
 jholla31 said
I was there not too long ago, feels like the only time I saw any cops was at the airport, or the beach maybe...

Crazy how such a beautiful place can be so wild at the same time.

Things fall apart
n*gga i live here i can drive for miles and never see a cop sh*t weird to me or myabe its just that LA is really that fu*king big aint enough cops to patrol all the areas
+1   

4 months ago '04        #22
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 25380 25 K  Slaps total: 4499 4 K
ok somebody needs to do something in response but what about ppl that rob in the first place?

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Did Marcus Jordan Sell his “Sole” in Backdoor Sneaker Scandal?
128 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  11
Article inside 'Predator' Spyware Let Government Hackers Break Into Chrome and Andro..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside What's up with these n*ggas bringing batty riders back into style.
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+66online now  5
Video inside Kendrick Lamar: “I could’ve EASILY made an Album of Radio Hits”
207 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy