Bishop Lamont + Dj Khalil were magical 🔥🔥🔥

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+43  88
53 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 months ago '12        #1
791 page views
37 comments

sycomiko 
Props total: 5772 5 K  Slaps total: 1516 1 K
Bishop Lamont + Dj Khalil were magical 🔥🔥🔥

Always will say this.. Bishop Lamont is the greatest rapper who never made it. All his mixtapes were album quality. Dre really fukked dude over. But out of all the classic shiit he dropped, whenever him and Khalil worked together they made the rawest tracks. Had to make this appreciation thread for all my youngsters who never got the chance to discover this magic.

[This is a discussion/feedback topic only]

Last edited by sycomiko; 01-19-2022 at 05:13 AM..
+16   

best
worst
37 comments

4 months ago '14        #2
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x39
Props total: 251150 251 K  Slaps total: 29318 29 K
Damn what happened to Bishop Lamont they used to play this on the radio in LA

Grow up n*ggas
+9   

4 months ago '14        #3
Can’t forget this Hallelujah track which was fire

Hip Hop is Dead
That's what the devil says
It's all about swag

They ain’t like what Bishop was talking about….

Last edited by Kyu; 01-19-2022 at 05:20 AM..
+10   

4 months ago '12        #4
sycomiko  OP
Bonus from Bishops co-artist. Dj Khalil doesn't get his credit man.

Hidden gems

+3   

4 months ago '12        #5
sycomiko  OP
 Kyu said
Damn what happened to Bishop Lamont they used to play this on the radio in LA

Grow up n*ggas
Got dropped and Dre put all his time into Kendrick. Bishop lamont and Khalil set the foundation for the sound of detox. Once Dre dropped Bishop he pretty much scrapped detox at the same time. All his albums are just style bitings. Chronic was snoop. 2001 was em. Detox was shelved. And Compton album was Kendrick.
+5   

4 months ago '12        #6
sycomiko  OP
 Kyu said
Can’t forget this Hallelujah track which was fire

Hip Hop is Dead
It's all about swag

They ain’t like what Bishop was talking about….
No they did not. Bishop isn't a dumb dude either. But people ain't tryna hear that shiit. They want everything dumbed down.
+2   

4 months ago '12        #7
sycomiko  OP
@ how you say they ain't like what bishop was taking about.. have you listened to find a way? Bishop went HAM on that shiit. By the time reformation dropped he was already shelves by the industry so just dropped it for the true rap fans. Album is solid. It was supposed to be his debut.
+1   

4 months ago '14        #8
 sycomiko said
@ how you say they ain't like what bishop was taking about.. have you listened to find a way? Bishop went HAM on that shiit. By the time reformation dropped he was already shelves by the industry so just dropped it for the true rap fans. Album is solid. It was supposed to be his debut.
I was saying the people in power didn’t like a lot of his positive content. I always liked Bishop and his songs. I wasn’t saying his content was trash, it was good but it didn’t fit what the machine was trying to push.

4 months ago '12        #9
sycomiko  OP
 Kyu said
I was saying the people in power didn’t like a lot of his positive content. I always liked Bishop and his songs. I wasn’t saying his content was trash, it was good but it didn’t fit what the machine was trying to push.
No we on the same page lol. That's what I'm saying that 3rd verse was too I'll. Was gonna post the lyrics but they ain't even online. That's how hidden this sh*t is.
+1   

4 months ago '15        #10
GrgeClrk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 71166 71 K  Slaps total: 12138 12 K
 Kyu said
Damn what happened to Bishop Lamont
Below is a statement from an Aftermath Records employee about why Bishop Lamont got dropped from Aftermath:

“Unlike Joell Ortiz or Stat Quo, Bishop Lamont was released from Aftermath due to disloyalty and the fact that he is an idiot. It started in early 2008 when he decided to name himself a spokesperson for Detox, Aftermath & Dr. Dre. Let’s start with his disloyalty.

Bishop’s Single “Grow Up” should have never happened period. The song “Grow Up” was originally intended for Marsha from Floetry and stolen by Bishop. Bishop layed vocals to what the public now knows as “Grow Up” and Dre never liked it.

Knowing that this record wasn’t approved by Dre, Idiot Bishop went ahead and begged a personal friend & Interscope employee to leak the unapproved “Grow Up” record to DJ‘s, with full knowledge that this is being done against the will of Dr. Dre. Now that the record is out, Dr. Dre and the Aftermath staff are furious and calling the Interscope offices to have the record Cease & Deceased before the record spreads across the country after Power 106 in LA plays “Grow Up” and threw the record in rotation. The Interscope employee who leaked Grow Up was almost fired after an impromptu meeting was called in the Interscope building about damage control on the “Grow Up” leak. Bishop knew Dr. Dre never liked Grow Up from the beginning and Bishop never made it clear to his friend/Interscope Employee of the risk that was being taken with this record.

Bishop also went on Sirius XM Shade 45 on Angela Yee’s & Leah Rose’s Lip Service show and went on to say how he “doesn’t like the Crack A Bottle” record. Live on Eminem’s station here is a supposedly Aftermath artist publicly expressing disapproval of the franchise team player’s first single off a highly anticipated project for your record company???”

Bishop made some foolish moves
+6   

4 months ago '04        #11
Skilllz 
Props total: 31574 31 K  Slaps total: 3098 3 K
n*gga way better than Kendrick

What happened here doe?

4 months ago '14        #12
 GrgeClrk said
Below is a statement from an Aftermath Records employee about why Bishop Lamont got dropped from Aftermath:

“Unlike Joell Ortiz or Stat Quo, Bishop Lamont was released from Aftermath due to disloyalty and the fact that he is an idiot. It started in early 2008 when he decided to name himself a spokesperson for Detox, Aftermath & Dr. Dre. Let’s start with his disloyalty.

Bishop’s Single “Grow Up” should have never happened period. The song “Grow Up” was originally intended for Marsha from Floetry and stolen by Bishop. Bishop layed vocals to what the public now knows as “Grow Up” and Dre never liked it.

Knowing that this record wasn’t approved by Dre, Idiot Bishop went ahead and begged a personal friend & Interscope employee to leak the unapproved “Grow Up” record to DJ‘s, with full knowledge that this is being done against the will of Dr. Dre. Now that the record is out, Dr. Dre and the Aftermath staff are furious and calling the Interscope offices to have the record Cease & Deceased before the record spreads across the country after Power 106 in LA plays “Grow Up” and threw the record in rotation. The Interscope employee who leaked Grow Up was almost fired after an impromptu meeting was called in the Interscope building about damage control on the “Grow Up” leak. Bishop knew Dr. Dre never liked Grow Up from the beginning and Bishop never made it clear to his friend/Interscope Employee of the risk that was being taken with this record.

Bishop also went on Sirius XM Shade 45 on Angela Yee’s & Leah Rose’s Lip Service show and went on to say how he “doesn’t like the Crack A Bottle” record. Live on Eminem’s station here is a supposedly Aftermath artist publicly expressing disapproval of the franchise team player’s first single off a highly anticipated project for your record company???”

Damn no wonder I only heard that song on the radio for a short period then it disappeared
+4   

4 months ago '21        #13
Young Defiant  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 15437 15 K  Slaps total: 28391 28 K
Ass

4 months ago '05        #14
Trakboy 
Props total: 2010 2 K  Slaps total: 499 499
they did good sh*t together

+4   

4 months ago '15        #15
 Trakboy said
they did good sh*t together

Always loved this joint
+1   

4 months ago '18        #16
True School 2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 3956 3 K  Slaps total: 252 252
 GrgeClrk said

Heard about this before, where did you find that?
+1   

4 months ago '15        #17
 True School 2 said
Heard about this before, where did you find that?
I think it was AllHipHop.com
+1   

4 months ago '12        #18
sycomiko  OP
 Skilllz said
n*gga way better than Kendrick

What happened here doe?
Different styles. I like bishops views and the way he goes against the system as a whole. But for that reason alone the industry wasn't gonna let him make It.
+1   

4 months ago '04        #19
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 25409 25 K  Slaps total: 4500 4 K
i enjoy pretty much any khalil beats holla at me
+3   

4 months ago '12        #20
sycomiko  OP
 xbossxplayax said
i enjoy pretty much any khalil beats holla at me
Same. I guess his style isn't mainstream but it's raw. He amplifies the sh*t out of natural drums and sounds. He's a true artist in his field. Not like all these guys who just use 100% computers and samples. Khalil does a lot of original sounds.

4 months ago '14        #21
baskeeyacht  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42067 42 K  Slaps total: 6076 6 K
The confessional was my sh*t
+2   

4 months ago '20        #22
Gen Anti Fruit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
Props total: 116790 116 K  Slaps total: 5656 5 K
His fall off was unexpected honestly.

Whenever I heard him he was cooking.
Had a gang of mixtapes I remember. He’s dope but I don’t see why he couldn’t keep making music after Dre dropped him. Once that happened he should have went in. A lot of talent I remember.

I remember he had beef and jumped some mixtape dj and made him apologize or some sh*t but I forgot why.

Went to post a song just now and saw this…Imagine Dilla at Aftermath?

+1   

4 months ago '20        #23
Gen Anti Fruit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
Props total: 116790 116 K  Slaps total: 5656 5 K
 GrgeClrk said

1st fu*k up: was major and intentional

2nd fu*k up: as honest as I am I would have probably done the same sh*t
+2   

4 months ago '18        #24
True School 2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 3956 3 K  Slaps total: 252 252
 GrgeClrk said
I think it was AllHipHop.com
Good looking out.

sycomiko said
Same. I guess his style isn't mainstream but it's raw. He amplifies the sh*t out of natural drums and sounds. He's a true artist in his field. Not like all these guys who just use 100% computers and samples. Khalil does a lot of original sounds.
Khalil is an absolute monster! Super versatile but yet possesses such a distinctive sound, an attribute very producers can claim nowadays.

He uses Reason as his main sequencer but uses a lot of vintage outboard gear; synths, sound modules etc incorporates a lot of interpolation, live instrumentation fused with samples. One of the only dudes who went from using a sampler to a DAW and actually got way better.

His style isn’t ‘mainstream’ per say but don’t ever get it twisted Khalil isn't a stranger to the mainstream or charts, be it for Hip-Hop or even Pop records.

Last edited by True School 2; 01-21-2022 at 05:49 AM..
+2   

4 months ago '12        #25
sycomiko  OP
 baskeeyacht said
The confessional was my sh*t
If you haven't peeped the reformation you should. Thank me later. But that time the industry basically wasn't fu*king with him. Was supposed to be his debut but just released it on some fu*k it then type sh*t. But it's solid AF

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  29
May 27 - 19 officers playing on their phones while waiting for tactical gear a..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+87online now  26
Video inside Do not chase women!
160 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+39online now  14
Video inside Katt Williams Calls Chris Rock "Head of The C[][]ns"; Says Oscars' Slap..
125 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  11
Video inside The Ponzi Scheme Collapse in the Shoe Market
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy