Jan 18-Carhartt An unvaccinated workforce is a risk that our company is unwilling to take

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+26  79
28 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

4 months ago '06        #1
4348 page views
163 comments

whammy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 31207 31 K  Slaps total: 2127 2 K
Jan 18-Carhartt An unvaccinated workforce is a risk that our company is unwilling to take

“An unvaccinated workforce is both a people and business risk that our company is unwilling to take.” — Carhartt CEO Mark Valade

The Supreme Court may have blocked the Biden Administration’s attempt to get large business with 100 or more employee to mandate COVID-19 vaccines, but apparel giant Carhartt is moving ahead with its own vaccine plan.

Carhartt CEO Mark Valade sent an email to his employees stating that the Michigan-based workwear company founded in 1889 will still require workers to vaccinate against COVID-19. Workers have to be vaccinated by Feb. 15.

Carhartt verified the contents of the email to MarketWatch. It was sent to employees last Friday, but the message was being shared widely across Twitter on Tuesday afternoon.

“We put workplace safety at the very top of our priority list and the Supreme Court’s recent ruling doesn’t impact that core value,” the email said.

“We, and the medical community, continue to believe vaccines are necessary to ensure a safe working environment for every a*sociate and even perhaps their households,” it continued. “While we appreciate that there may be differing views, workplace safety is an area where we and the union that represents our a*sociates cannot compromise. An unvaccinated workforce is both a people and business risk that our company is unwilling to take.”

The email screenshot led “Carhartt” to trend on Twitter throughout the day Tuesday as people either praised the workwear company for protecting its workers’ health — or, threatened to boycott the brand for forcing its employees to get vaccinated.

Some of those applauding the move from Carhartt even pledged to support the company by buying more items from them. “Companies that value their employees safety and well being will always win my money,” wrote one.

Critics described the move as a way to control their workers and force vaccinations, with some calling to “cancel” Carhartt.

It’s important to note that these are just a few of the posts about the ongoing situation regarding Carhartt’s vaccination policy, and does not mean that equal amounts of people support and do not support the decision by the company.

“Carhartt fully understands and respects the varying opinions on this topic, and we are aware some of our a*sociates do not support this policy. However, we stand behind our decision because we believe vaccines are necessary to protect our workforce,” a Carhartt spokesperson told MarketWatch on Tuesday.

The government-run U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has stated that it is legal under federal law for companies to require their workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine, with a few exceptions related to other health complications, pregnancy, religious beliefs and other reasonable accommodations.

And according to the Center for Diseases Control and Prevention, COVID-19 vaccines are safe and help protect people against COVID-19. “All currently authorized and recommended COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective, and CDC does not recommend one vaccine over another. The most important decision is to get a COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible,” the CDC says.
+2   

best
worst
163 comments

4 months ago '06        #2
whammy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP

+22   

4 months ago '06        #3

+15   

4 months ago '06        #4
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 107968 107 K  Slaps total: 22523 22 K
@

4 months ago '17        #5
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 83085 83 K  Slaps total: 6960 6 K
Capitalism not gonna stand for employees being sick for 1-2 weeks.
+55   

4 months ago '04        #6
scarlaf0n 
Props total: 2238 2 K  Slaps total: 373 373
 whammy said

he still needs to buy Carhartt gear to wipe his a*s with it

4 months ago '06        #7
 Ifeellikekobe said
Capitalism not gonna stand for employees being sick for 1-2 weeks.
Imagine getting COVID and your boss wants you to still come in to work but just wear a mask.

That's happening now.

Capitalism is undefeated.
+43   

4 months ago '11        #8
Ahhhsit 
Props total: 2018 2 K  Slaps total: 207 207
I don't get it. So he doesn't actually work for Carhartt? He just mad they making their employees get vaxxed?

So why does he give a sh*t so much to make a fat fool of himself on social media?

Oh yeah... Likes
+4   

4 months ago '06        #9
Kick Dayez 
Props total: 2059 2 K  Slaps total: 225 225
funny seeing this... i just recently started buying carhartt wip...
just a couple days ago i got one of they pieces in the mail

synchronicity sh*t
+5   

4 months ago '04        #10
Props total: 1888 1 K  Slaps total: 230 230
So what about the vaccinated that are still catching and spreading the sh*t? This is what pisses me off about the whole thing. Everybody acts like the vaccinated are all good and can’t spread it. I had 3 relatives that got Covid the past month and all 3 were “fully vaccinated”. My sister got Covid last year, vaccinated and “boosted” and got it again 2 weeks ago (which she caught from her vaccinated boyfriend) and it was harder on her this time around than the first time.

Every time someone vaccinated catches it, it’s a “breakthrough case”. Get the fu*k out of here Everybody is catching it and spreading it, vaccinated or not. All this is doing is fu*king up the country.

Last edited by 123456; 01-18-2022 at 10:15 PM..
+61   

4 months ago '17        #11
JacobWatch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 57655 57 K  Slaps total: 3814 3 K
 Kick Dayez said
funny seeing this... i just recently started buying carhartt wip...
just a couple days ago i got one of they pieces in the mail

synchronicity sh*t
Yea that wip sh*t fire.
+2   

4 months ago '16        #12
Fastrap87  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11646 11 K  Slaps total: 5710 5 K
 123456 said
So what about the vaccinated that are still catching and spreading the sh*t? This is what pisses me off about the whole thing. Everybody acts like the vaccinated are all good and can’t spread it. I had 3 relatives that got Covid the past month and all 3 were “fully vaccinated”. My sister got Covid last year, vaccinated and “boosted” and got it again 2 weeks ago (which she caught from her vaccinated boyfriend) and it was harder on her this time around than the first time.

Every time someone vaccinated catches it, it’s a “breakthrough case”. Get the fu*k out of here Everybody is catching it and spreading it, vaccinated or not. All this is doing is fu*king up the country.
#vaids #ADE

4 months ago '16        #13
FutureHipHop  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11918 11 K  Slaps total: 8198 8 K

+1   

4 months ago '18        #14
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 69124 69 K  Slaps total: 14475 14 K
Reminds me of that video where that female bus driver is speaking on the MTA allowing Covid positive workers to come in and that is resulting in more of a spread.

They're letting go of anyone unwilling to take that jab, but then ok with the spread under the guise of "the worst that can happen is mild sickness".

Yet, people are dying while fully vaccinated...

A lot of the logic not adding up on this "worst that can happen" sh*t.

This for optics as usual. Not for "humanity" or caring for others.
+18   

4 months ago '16        #15
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 135067 135 K  Slaps total: 27493 27 K
buying another off gp

4 months ago '19        #16
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 36309 36 K  Slaps total: 4531 4 K
Sounds like a lot of angry rednecks are going to ban Carhartt and young libs are gonna rock it

Pretty sure that's better for Carhartt's market position

4 months ago '04        #17
slapaho 
Props total: 15974 15 K  Slaps total: 795 795
 123456 said

Everyone I know who has had Covid in the last 6-8 months were all vax’d kissing babies and sh*t.

That vax became the “I’m better than you” serum and oddly under trump I know the left would have had a field day with that being so un-American and big corps would horde all the test and they’d cost $150 for one and how the “poor can’t afford them to work blah blah blah”.
it’s kinda scary these illusions and fears they present when it works best on both sides.
the right taking it to court that’s a blue move mandates that’s a right move

the left on some ride or die sh*t in response to trump they basically getting “revenge” while the right is planning ahead for the next election..from ground up.

Last edited by slapaho; 01-19-2022 at 08:59 AM..
+5   

4 months ago '18        #18
set117  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 21799 21 K  Slaps total: 2613 2 K
 slapaho said
Everyone I know who has had Covid in the last 6-8 months were all vax’d kissing babies and sh*t.

That vax became the “I’m better than you” serum and oddly under trump I know the left would have had a field day with that being so un-American and big corps would horde all the test and they’d cost $150 for one and how the poor can’t afford them to work blah blah blah
it’s kinda scary these illusions and fears they present when it works best on both sides the right taking it to court that’s a blue move mandates that’s a right move

the left on some ride or die sh*t in response to trump they basically getting “revenge” while the right is planning ahead for the next election..from ground up
Planning ahead to cheat amd successfully steal the election this time. It's crazy. America going down in flames in real time. Devoured by its own greed and unfettered capitalism. I have to get out of this bi*ch.
+8   

4 months ago '05        #19
TKO420 
Props total: 5560 5 K  Slaps total: 354 354
That's all I wear especially in the winter. Idc either way. Still rockin with em

4 months ago '14        #20
Sense Maker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26639 26 K  Slaps total: 5805 5 K
Fill. It. Up!

4 months ago '18        #21
Orndorf2 
Props total: 5782 5 K  Slaps total: 634 634
 123456 said

Out of all those vaccinated family members not one time did you mention their time in the hospital on a ventilator. Stay up. You’re reciting old poetry.
+2   

4 months ago '06        #22
Doe Sun 
Props total: 3843 3 K  Slaps total: 884 884
The 4shot peeps will be scared of the 3 shot suckas
+8   

4 months ago '16        #23
Alaskan 
Props total: 17396 17 K  Slaps total: 787 787
It's funny reading these company stances that are just being compliant with government policy so that they can continue business as usual
+4   

4 months ago '15        #24
Hellmatic 
Props total: 56730 56 K  Slaps total: 5079 5 K
Being unvaxxed is only really a risk to yourself. You can get covid vaxxed or unvaxxed. That sh*t should all be at the persons discretion, if youre vaxxed why the hell you care if people are unvaxxed in the workplace. You got the "protection"
+17   

4 months ago '15        #25
Black Larry 
Props total: 20075 20 K  Slaps total: 1591 1 K
 Hellmatic said
Being unvaxxed is only really a risk to yourself. You can get covid vaxxed or unvaxxed. That sh*t should all be at the persons discretion, if youre vaxxed why the hell you care if people are unvaxxed in the workplace. You got the "protection"
The logic is so simple it's disturbing that we're at the place we're at with this
+9   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  26
May 27 - 19 officers playing on their phones while waiting for tactical gear a..
96 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+87online now  25
Video inside Do not chase women!
158 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  16
Video inside The Ponzi Scheme Collapse in the Shoe Market
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+39online now  12
Video inside Katt Williams Calls Chris Rock "Head of The C[][]ns"; Says Oscars' Slap..
124 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy