Game pass up 39% from a year ago

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
-18  149
65 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

4 months ago '20        #1
514 page views
16 comments

5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x196
Props total: 105202 105 K  Slaps total: 21473 21 K
Game pass up 39% from a year ago

Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass service now has 25 million subscribers. That’s up from the 18 million Microsoft previously reported in January last year. The Xbox Game Pass all-you-can-eat catalog of downloadable games — or the “Netflix for video games” as it’s often described — continues to attract new subscribers as Microsoft looks to extend the service.

As Microsoft’s subscriber numbers grow, so does the amount of titles available on Xbox Game Pass. In 2021, Xbox Game Pass added iconic Bethesda games, with 20 in total on the service, including Dishonored, Doom, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Wolfenstein.

Microsoft announced the milestone while revealing its planned $68.7 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard, which will have Activision CEO Bobby Kotick and its 10,000 employees reporting to Phil Spencer.

Microsoft:

The acquisition also bolsters Microsoft’s Game Pass portfolio with plans to launch Activision Blizzard games into Game Pass, which has reached a new milestone of over 25 million subscribers. With Activision Blizzard’s nearly 400 million monthly active players in 190 countries and three billion-dollar franchises, this acquisition will make Game Pass one of the most compelling and diverse lineups of gaming content in the industry. Upon close, Microsoft will have 30 internal game development studios, along with additional publishing and esports production capabilities.
Spencer said in a blog post that “we will offer as many Activision Blizzard games as we can within Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass, both new titles and games from Activision Blizzard’s incredible catalog.” There are no specifics, but with the Warcraft, Call of Duty, Diablo, and Candy Crush brands to choose from — to name a few — the service will have a lot of options.

Microsoft has also been chasing sports fans over the past year with the addition of NBA 2K21, Madden NFL 21, NHL 21, and more. Outriders also debuted on Xbox Game Pass last year, and Microsoft added Flight Simulator to the service over the summer. Microsoft also had a big Xbox Game Pass holiday, with Age of Empires IV, Forza Horizon 5, and Halo Infinite launching day one on the service.

Microsoft has also been working on extending where Xbox Game Pass is available, thanks to Xbox Game Streaming. A web version of Xbox Cloud Gaming (formerly Project xCloud) was made widely available to players on iOS and PC last summer, and Microsoft started rolling the service out to Xbox consoles in November. This will allow newer games, like Microsoft Flight Simulator, to be streamed and played on older Xbox consoles too, as the service is fully powered by Xbox Series X hardware.

Last edited by 5ive04our; 01-18-2022 at 07:35 AM..
+7   

best
worst
16 comments

4 months ago '14        #2
215Philly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 111545 111 K  Slaps total: 37992 37 K
Gamepass the best thing about this generation of gaming.

I literally dont buy games on my xbox
+13   

4 months ago '05        #3
Krazie 
Props total: 49733 49 K  Slaps total: 7899 7 K
+7   

4 months ago '12        #4
Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27039 27 K  Slaps total: 2394 2 K
And it's only about to get better.

Now Sony got their own subscription platform on the way too?

Lot of dumbasses said it wouldn't last.
+7   

4 months ago '04        #5
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7611 7 K  Slaps total: 1347 1 K
Getting gamepass numbers up has been the main goal for MS

This Activision deal is about to have to make Sony and Nintendo lay down and let gamepass on their consoles...All that playing nice sh*t wasn't working

They didn't rip up the bethesda ps5 exclusive deals, let rare games go on nintendo online , they've been trying to get gamepass on the Switch for years now...Owning Bethesda and Activision is building up a whole lot of leverage

They never really saw Sony and Nintendo as competition, they knew they could buy out the industry
+5   

4 months ago '04        #6
shadychef04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13513 13 K  Slaps total: 1305 1 K
Is NCAA football backwards compatible on the newest XBOX?

4 months ago '04        #7
Essentials72 
Props total: 2457 2 K  Slaps total: 706 706
Just cut the cord! Never used it and not coming back anytime soon, that's just me though

4 months ago '17        #8
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 104007 104 K  Slaps total: 38657 38 K
 215Philly said

And it allows me to buy them on every other platform lmfao.

Actually was able to buy all the sports games cod and battlefield this year cause I ainít have to buy sh*t on Xbox
+1   

4 months ago '17        #9
 Faythung said
And it's only about to get better.

Now Sony got their own subscription platform on the way too?

Lot of dumbasses said it wouldn't last.
PSNOW has been out before gamepass lmfao

4 months ago '17        #10

+2   

4 months ago '15        #11
edub911 
Props total: 9561 9 K  Slaps total: 1630 1 K
fu*k brokebox

4 months ago '09        #12
29 26 
Props total: 8784 8 K  Slaps total: 934 934
 215Philly said

Yea, seeing the same games on ps network charging 15, 20, 30 a piece is kind of crazy. Game pass the truth.
+1   

4 months ago '20        #13
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x196 OP
Props total: 105202 105 K  Slaps total: 21473 21 K
 SPdaGOAT said

I feel like itís been there Phil just releasing the numbers slowly. All Iíve been seeing every time Xbox is mentioned itís WBOX no more G
[spoiler - click to view]

box, Xbox 720, or PS Better replies Xbox came thru and said

Last edited by 5ive04our; 01-20-2022 at 06:12 PM..

4 months ago '17        #14
 5ive04our said
I feel like itís been there Phil just releasing the numbers slowly. All Iíve been seeing every time Xbox is mentioned itís WBOX no more G
[spoiler - click to view]

box, Xbox 720, or PS Better replies Xbox came thru and said

I just wish people would start letting only Phil tell us the numbers. Gonna be interesting to see the growth now

4 months ago '16        #15
Manoflife 
Props total: 4458 4 K  Slaps total: 529 529
How are these game companies going to make money if there games are released to Game Pass day one and won't be released to other consoles...?

It's around £11 a month, if I play 3 new games in a month that's only like they're getting £3.66 off me for each game, plus im sure Microsoft would want a fraction for it being on Game Pass. How can a business function like that?

Not hating though as it's definitely a consumer friendly option

4 months ago '16        #16
SobeSoles 
Props total: 1785 1 K  Slaps total: 103 103
I’m loaded up on Gamepass for the next 3 years for the low low
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  40
Video inside "The Stock Market can be on a downward trend for the next 10 years cryp..
59 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+189online now  30
Video inside Woman becomes house wife after taking advice from Kevin Samuels. Other ..
238 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+32online now  23
Funkmaster flex explains why he didn't outkast elevators
249 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+31online now  15
Video inside Imagine being a mother and putting tattoos on your 1 yr old kid