Jan 17 - WEF: Expect 3 more years of consistent volatility, uneven recovery

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 months ago '21        #1
2723 page views
70 comments

Tehuti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17624 17 K  Slaps total: 5424 5 K
Jan 17 - WEF: Expect 3 more years of consistent volatility, uneven recovery

The World Economic Forum issued a dire warning to the world at large on Tuesday — it will take society years to rebound from the COVID-19 pandemic, and any recovery will be bumpy at best.

"Only 16% of respondents feel positive and optimistic about the outlook for the world, and just 11% believe the global recovery will accelerate. Most respondents instead expect the next three years to be characterized by either consistent volatility and multiple surprises or fractured trajectories that will separate relative winners and losers," the World Economic Forum said in its annual Global Risks Report for 2022.

The report details a host of concerns top of mind among the 1,000 global experts and leaders that responded to a broad array of questions.

About 61.2% of responders said they were concerned about the outlook for the world, citing major problems such as climate change and infectious diseases. Only 15.8% held a positive or optimistic outlook for the world.

Among the list of worries, climate action failure was tops. Interestingly, infectious diseases ranked sixth on things experts and leaders were concerned about.

"As 2022 begins, COVID-19 and its economic and societal consequences continue to pose a critical threat to the world. Vaccine inequality and a resultant uneven economic recovery risk compounding social fractures and geopolitical tensions," the report said. "The resulting global divergence will create tensions —within and across borders — that risk worsening the pandemic’s cascading impacts and complicating the coordination needed to tackle common challenges including strengthening climate action, enhancing digital safety, restoring livelihoods and societal cohesion, and managing competition in space."

Looked at through the prism of a*set markets, the World Economic Forum's concerns are beginning to be appreciated by investors.

The S&P 500 dropped more than 2% at session lows on Monday as investors took their cue from the 10-year Treasury yield's march to 2% amid inflationary worries. Stocks ended the session slightly lower. Meanwhile, the Nasdaq Composite turned slightly positive, erasing earlier losses to end a four-day losing streak. Selling pressure continued, however, in high P/E multiple names such as Meta (formerly Facebook), Amazon and Palantir.

The World Economic Forum's report did little to alleviate any concerns on the part of investors with respect to the pace of the economic rebound.

"Although employment is approaching pre-pandemic levels in many advanced economies, globally the jobs recovery from the COVID-19 crisis is lagging the economic recovery — global employment remains lower than it was before the pandemic and the Great Resignation in advanced economies has caused labour market participation to fall. Youth, women and lower-skilled workers have been especially affected. It will take the global economy at least until 2023 to create the jobs lost to COVID-19, but many of these jobs are expected to be of low productivity and poor quality, according to the International Labour Organization," the report stated. "Income disparities risk increasing polarization and resentment within societies."

visit this link finance.yahoo.com/
+4   

best
worst
70 comments

4 months ago '08        #2
litdes 
Props total: 8786 8 K  Slaps total: 560 560
We been fu*ked
+26   

4 months ago '10        #3
lltreyll 
Props total: 8243 8 K  Slaps total: 2266 2 K
I remember at the start of covid, I was more concerned about everything that could get fu*ked up instead of the virus itself. And here we are, covid is basically lumped in with colds and influenza now. After a collective understanding and acceptance of that will still be all the sh*t in America and the rest of the world that got fu*ked up from the disastrous mismanagement of being so fu*kin pretentious to think there was a chance in hell that covid could be artificially stopped dead in its tracks, instead of running its course..

Last edited by lltreyll; 01-17-2022 at 10:05 PM..
+14   

4 months ago '04        #4
SharkyLocz408 
Props total: 403 403  Slaps total: 52 52
They're saying a lot without saying a lot.
+19   

4 months ago '14        #5
breezeus313 
Props total: 14425 14 K  Slaps total: 865 865
So I shouldn’t book my trip to Japan next year?
+1   

4 months ago '19        #6
Jp07 
Props total: 789 789  Slaps total: 214 214
 litdes said
We been fu*ked
We're going to be super fu*ked in a few years. As much as people wanna hate Florida and Texas right now I think they had the right idea. Yes its bad that people are dying but the effect lockdowns and these regulations have on the economy and small business is crazy in the long run I think they are going to do more damage than covid
+20   

4 months ago '08        #7
litdes 
 Jp07 said
We're going to be super fu*ked in a few years. As much as people wanna hate Florida and Texas right now I think they had the right idea. Yes its bad that people are dying but the effect lockdowns and these regulations have on the economy and small business is crazy in the long run I think they are going to do more damage than covid
Definitely cuz the damage will be felt after they say covid is “gone”
+9   

4 months ago '18        #8
Capodecina  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39416 39 K  Slaps total: 2881 2 K
The hustle continues
+17   

4 months ago '17        #9
Props total: 2782 2 K  Slaps total: 1845 1 K
Op reposting the people who are literally social engineering the world
+16   

4 months ago '19        #10
Jp07 
 litdes said
Definitely cuz the damage will be felt after they say covid is “gone”
I don't really buy into this great reset conspiracy but this would be the perfect opportunity of it turned out to be real. small businesses shutting down people losing homes have everyone relying on the state and big corporations and renting instead of owning
+3   

4 months ago '08        #11
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41926 41 K  Slaps total: 3209 3 K
 breezeus313 said
Would you even be allowed in?
+6   

4 months ago '06        #12
datVAkid 
Props total: 42719 42 K  Slaps total: 6944 6 K
 lltreyll said
I remember at the start of covid, I was more concerned about everything that could get fu*ked up instead of the virus itself. And here we are, covid is basically lumped in with colds and influenza now. After a collective understanding and acceptance of that will still be all the sh*t in America and the rest of the world that got fu*ked up from the disastrous mismanagement of being so fu*kin pretentious to think there was a chance in hell that covid could be artificially stopped dead in its tracks, instead of running its course..
I wish I didn't prop this...

4 months ago '20        #13
cutedrakestan 
Props total: 5570 5 K  Slaps total: 5994 5 K
 lltreyll said

Lord. Y’all still not seeing the writing on the wall.

The goal was never to stop/keep it under control, but rather seize as much control over your life as you would allow.

Now you got people in major cities celebrating not being able to enter a restaurant without a shot when the shot doesn’t stop the spread.

They got jobs forcing people to decide between feeding their family or taking an injection which has potentially dangerous effects for a virus with the following survival rates:

0-19 99.9973%
20-29 99.986%
30-39 99.969%
40-49 99.918%
50-59 99.73%
60-69 99.41%
70+ 97.6% (non-inst.)
70+ 94.5% (all)

And now we forcing kids to take a shot when the survival rate is 99.997% ( and you think this isn’t about power
+27   

4 months ago '14        #14
breezeus313 
Props total: 14425 14 K  Slaps total: 865 865
 Kewop Decam said
Would you even be allowed in?
Their borders is closed so who knows when they will open but they’re losing out on money from it
+1   

4 months ago '08        #15
litdes 
 Jp07 said
I don't really buy into this great reset conspiracy but this would be the perfect opportunity of it turned out to be real. small businesses shutting down people losing homes have everyone relying on the state and big corporations and renting instead of owning
It’s all another form of gentrification bros except when it happens in a global scale like this it’s not a matter of nothing other than the haves and the have nots and if you’re a not you NOT gon make it
+2   

4 months ago '17        #16
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 126636 126 K  Slaps total: 16471 16 K
 Jp07 said

How is it a conspiracy theory when the the richest & most powerful people in the world are telling you what they're going to do? World leaders from the most powerful nations on earth are all following Klaus Schwab's directives to a T.

This man is telling you he wants to edit your genes via vaccination and create a communist world government

This Canadian politician will tell you it's not a 'conspiracy theory'.

+14   

4 months ago '19        #17
Jp07 
 TheLastNonEarth said

How is it a conspiracy theory when the the richest & most powerful people in the world are telling you what they're going to do? World leaders from the most powerful nations on earth are all following Klaus Schwab's directives to a T.

This man is telling you he wants to edit your genes via vaccination and create a communist world government

This Canadian politician will tell you it's not a 'conspiracy theory'.

Maybe conspiracy theories is the wrong word. I know there's people out there that want this to happen but I just don't think it's achievable. You posted Alberta are you Canadian. I'm from New Brunswick we have a small population and a lot of country people that still keep their guns. There would be a Civil War if they tried to ome through and push that sh*t

4 months ago '17        #18
 Jp07 said
Maybe conspiracy theories is the wrong word. I know there's people out there that want this to happen but I just don't think it's achievable. You posted Alberta are you Canadian. I'm from New Brunswick we have a small population and a lot of country people that still keep their guns. There would be a Civil War if they tried to ome through and push that sh*t
Its not just 'people'. It's the people with unlimited a*sets and puppets in every major world government. No, I'm not Canadian. He's just a world leader with enough backbone to spell it out. Do you know how much clout you have to have for a provincial or national leader to know you sent him a book and for G7 nations to be quoting your 'Build Back Better' slogan and following your orders?

Of course there's going to be pushback. They've prepared for that too.
+11   

4 months ago '19        #19
Jp07 
 TheLastNonEarth said
Its not just 'people'. It's the people with unlimited a*sets and puppets in every major world government. No, I'm not Canadian. He's just a world leader with enough backbone to spell it out. Do you know how much clout you have to have for a provincial or national leader to know you sent him a book and for G7 nations to be quoting your 'Build Back Better' slogan and following your orders?

Of course there's going to be pushback. They've prepared for that too.
I do get what you are saying but I think the Russia Ukraine and China Taiwan situation is more of something to look at. It's either gonna cause war or full collapse of world economy which I think will result in war anyway. All these people that want full control over everyone are gonna have a hard time executing their plans when the world is at war, revolutions everything that comes with that

4 months ago '16        #20
AngelTaster 
Props total: 7951 7 K  Slaps total: 523 523
So basically we gota ride this out until the next election. These cats ain’t even trying to be slick anymore
+4   

4 months ago '09        #21
Zao 
Props total: 26402 26 K  Slaps total: 5854 5 K
Covid was the alleyoop for allowing a global change that a certain group of people wanted to happen
+9   

4 months ago '04        #22
octane 
Props total: 10977 10 K  Slaps total: 1887 1 K
Wow. I thought the wife and I were just going to have the cars and house paid off. With this news, we might have our student loans and retirement plan all figured out too.

4 months ago '17        #23
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 56954 56 K  Slaps total: 12323 12 K
 breezeus313 said
Nah, youre better off in Japan than here. They don’t view vaccine mandates as the antithesis to freedom.

They also dont operate under individualism like we do here in the States.

4 months ago '17        #24
 Jp07 said
I do get what you are saying but I think the Russia Ukraine and China Taiwan situation is more of something to look at. It's either gonna cause war or full collapse of world economy which I think will result in war anyway. All these people that want full control over everyone are gonna have a hard time executing their plans when the world is at war, revolutions everything that comes with that
That would be theater. It's like WWE. Behind the scenes they're all friends

+7   

4 months ago '19        #25
Jp07 
 TheLastNonEarth said
That would be theater. It's like WWE. Behind the scenes they're all friends

That may be true I don't know if I believe that but even if it is that doesn't mean they won't have us f*ght each other.. these people at the top of the food chain just see us as batteries that run their system until you accumulate enough wealth to have power then they pull you aside and say hey this is the way we do things

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  162
Image(s) inside Boxden how would u react if this was ur family?
126 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+234online now  47
20 years on Boxden
284 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  29
Did Marcus Jordan Sell his “Sole” in Backdoor Sneaker Scandal?
118 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+80online now  29
Fury should not be moving like this for a guy his size
86 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy