Jan 17 - Florida Republican refuse L after 59% lose in a congressional special election

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+53  68
138 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 months ago '04        #1
1712 page views
30 comments

young_fletch 
Props total: 4403 4 K  Slaps total: 758 758
Jan 17 - Florida Republican refuse L after 59% lose in a congressional special election

A Florida Republican who last Tuesday lost a congressional special election by a landslide in a heavily Democratic district has declined to concede the race, according to CBS Miami.

Sheila Cherfilus-McCormick — a Democrat who pledged to f*ght for $1,000 monthly checks for Americans and who backs progressive policies such as the Green New Deal and "Medicare for All" — easily defeated the Republican Jason Mariner in the race to succeed the Rep. Alcee Hastings, who died in April.

With all precincts reporting, Cherfilus-McCormick defeated Mariner 78.7% to 19.6% in Florida's 20th District — a 59.1-percentage-point victory. She received 43,663 votes to her opponent's 10,883 votes.

But in a move reminiscent of former President Donald Trump, who continues to dispute his election loss to President Joe Biden, Mariner has made claims of irregularities in the South Florida district.

"Now they called the race — I did not win, so they say, but that does not mean that they lost either, it does not mean that we lost," the Republican told CBS after the race was called.

Before the polls closed for the special election, Mariner filed a lawsuit alleging ballot issues in Broward and Palm Beach counties, the two populous Democratic-leaning jurisdictions that anchor the district.

"We'll also have some stuff coming out that we've recently discovered," Mariner told the TV station without elaborating.

Cherfilus-McCormick — who eked by Dale Holness by five votes in a multicandidate Democratic primary in November — brushed off Mariner's actions.

"Well, this wouldn't be my first time running against an opponent who is refusing to concede, so it's not our first time, and at the end of the day nothing can stop the motion," she told CBS.

Holness, a former Broward County commissioner, filed a lawsuit in November seeking to invalidate the Democratic primary results, alleging that Cherfilus-McCormick's advocacy for universal basic income was tantamount to bribing voters.

Election officials in Broward and Palm Beach counties told CBS the election results would be certified in 14 days — with challenges permitted for 10 days after that point.

While candidates who are unsuccessful in their races aren't legally bound to formally concede, Trump's continued refusal to acknowledge his 2020 loss despite a clear 306-232 Electoral College victory for Biden has morphed into a major point of contention for partisans, from the grassroots level to the halls of Congress.

In the wake of Trump's defeat in 2020, Republicans across the US have raced to implement voting restrictions, fueled by Trump's widely debunked claims of mass voter fraud.

Congressional Democrats have sought to nullify many of the provisions of Republican-authored election laws with the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act but have been stymied nearly unanimous GOP opposition to the bills as well as by resistance from Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona to changing the filibuster.

visit this link https://www.yahoo.com/new .. 202832444.html
+9   

best
worst
30 comments

4 months ago '22        #2
BReNDon 
Props total: 7711 7 K  Slaps total: 1557 1 K
Deny deny deny lie lie lie until people believe you that's the art of the deal
+29   

4 months ago '09        #3
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x81
Props total: 266144 266 K  Slaps total: 28616 28 K

Oh, but the 36-year-old advertising executive’s qualifications are just what you might expect from a “Florida man” running for Congress, as he:

is a convicted felon

continues to question the legitimacy of the 2020 election

praised the Jan. 6 rioters who attacked the Capitol

has at least one Confederate flag tattoo on his arm

was accused by his ex-wife of threatening to kidnap and a*sault her – but she now supports his candidacy.

filed for his candidacy on Aug. 10, 9 days before his driver’s license was restored following a crash that resulted in a careless driving citation

says he is “tough on crime,” eager to “build the wall,” and wants to protect the 2nd Amendment “the way it was written by our founding fathers.”

A photo posted on Facebook (and since removed) featured Mariner, shirtless, with a tattoo on his right arm of a blonde woman with a Confederate flag on her shorts. Mariner said of getting the tattoo,

“I don’t regret it, it’s taught me a valuable lesson. Symbolism throughout history, like the swastika. Swastika is Sanskrit, meaning ‘conducive to well-being.’

these type of white people are bad @ @ @
+19   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '17        #4
Lazy 
Props total: 33932 33 K  Slaps total: 4423 4 K
Florida lost
+9   

4 months ago '11        #5
PotheadFocker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 36885 36 K  Slaps total: 4329 4 K
Florida, America’s bunghole
+7   

4 months ago '18        #6
br82186  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 57750 57 K  Slaps total: 3880 3 K
This is gonna be the norm, deny even if you clearly got shellacked in the election.

Also Trump truly got the uneducated retards to run for office.
+17   

4 months ago '19        #7
DadeCounty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 65944 65 K  Slaps total: 5993 5 K
 messy marv stan said

Oh, but the 36-year-old advertising executive’s qualifications are just what you might expect from a “Florida man” running for Congress, as he:

is a convicted felon

continues to question the legitimacy of the 2020 election

praised the Jan. 6 rioters who attacked the Capitol

has at least one Confederate flag tattoo on his arm

was accused by his ex-wife of threatening to kidnap and a*sault her – but she now supports his candidacy.

filed for his candidacy on Aug. 10, 9 days before his driver’s license was restored following a crash that resulted in a careless driving citation

says he is “tough on crime,” eager to “build the wall,” and wants to protect the 2nd Amendment “the way it was written by our founding fathers.”

A photo posted on Facebook (and since removed) featured Mariner, shirtless, with a tattoo on his right arm of a blonde woman with a Confederate flag on her shorts. Mariner said of getting the tattoo,

“I don’t regret it, it’s taught me a valuable lesson. Symbolism throughout history, like the swastika. Swastika is Sanskrit, meaning ‘conducive to well-being.’

these type of white people are bad @ @ @

Is that a confederate flag tattoo? Looks like the piece of sh*t that he is
+4   

4 months ago '20        #8
Mobfiggaz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 29279 29 K  Slaps total: 4528 4 K
I hope you realise this is Trumps play for 2024. He's helping to put qanon people in local government positions so that they don't certify Democratic wins. 2024 will be even worse than 2020 if he loses. I genuinely think it might incite a civil war unless he's arrested.
+13   

4 months ago '18        #9
Lord God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 74284 74 K  Slaps total: 6169 6 K
So hard to believe an entire party took their whole election playbook from a for-tv mogul with numerous bankruptcies, right after he lost them the house, senate & executive.

Cult tings.
+12   

4 months ago '06        #10
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 34679 34 K  Slaps total: 8983 8 K
Republicans being scum? Lying, deceiving, cheating? You don’t say.

+7   

4 months ago '11        #11
Broseph Stalin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 56894 56 K  Slaps total: 5306 5 K
been telling y’all Trump ended democracy for good. From now til the end of time nobody who ever loses an election ever has to concede. You can stall for weeks months maybe even years off that election conspiracy wave.

Don’t know if Dade county is the right place but I definitely see this happening in some other part of Florida and the losing republican gets to stay in office because the local sheriff or whatever is a Trump cronie
+13   

4 months ago '04        #12
octane 
Props total: 10977 10 K  Slaps total: 1887 1 K
He thinks there is no way he could lose to a negro woman. no way. They at it again. He is using the method the former Fuhrer in Charge used. He should Vanilla Isis the Florida Capitol.
+8   

4 months ago '07        #13
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x148
Props total: 296653 296 K  Slaps total: 26395 26 K
 Mobfiggaz said
I hope you realise this is Trumps play for 2024. He's helping to put qanon people in local government positions so that they don't certify Democratic wins. 2024 will be even worse than 2020 if he loses. I genuinely think it might incite a civil war unless he's arrested.
I'm not a Trump nor Biden supporter.

But, as much as the media keep's saying t=if he runs he will win.

The point is I don't think that AmeriKKKa really wants him back in the White House .

They would just vote for that goofy Desantis guy or another idiot. Those Republican presidential primaries are about to be hilarious to see them all go at Trump for the ticket.

+5   

4 months ago '16        #14
Illogic 
Props total: 21559 21 K  Slaps total: 11881 11 K
Why is that d*ck sucker gillum in the thumb nail
+7   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '17        #15
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 105642 105 K  Slaps total: 34619 34 K
Trump really laid out the hitler playbook for the GOP going forward.
+13   

4 months ago '04        #16
young_fletch  OP
Props total: 4403 4 K  Slaps total: 758 758
 Avon_Barksdale said
I'm not a Trump nor Biden supporter.

But, as much as the media keep's saying t=if he runs he will win.

The point is I don't think that AmeriKKKa really wants him back in the White House .

They would just vote for that goofy Desantis guy or another idiot. Those Republican presidential primaries are about to be hilarious to see them all go at Trump for the ticket.

I think that's wild card that might save the dems. A blood primary that end with sh*tty candidate that some the base won't vote for.
+2   

4 months ago '04        #17
shady4180 
Props total: 2015 2 K  Slaps total: 2776 2 K
 br82186 said
This is gonna be the norm, deny even if you clearly got shellacked in the election.

Also Trump truly got the uneducated retards to run for office.
Because Joe Biden and the rest of the idiotic left are some of the smartest people this world knows....

4 months ago '07        #18
 young_fletch said
I think that's wild card that might save the dems. A blood primary that end with sh*tty candidate that some the base won't vote for.
That's exactly it. They won't say sh*t now of course because, they are literarily scared of Trump.

But, you just wait until those presidential primaries come around lol.

And to add to that my next door neighbors are a bit older and I think they are 60 plus in age for sure and they a huge republican's. We've talked about it before.

They don't have Trump banner's and that sh*t on thier cars's or their house. So, you would never know that they support the GOP tbh...

But, we are so cool and I always look out for them in case somebody tries to come and do some goofy sh*t in our neighborhood. I got that lol...

But, when we do get a chance to chop it up with small talk they talk about Trump like he's a piece of sh*t and how he ruined the GOP. They are from the old school they know for real for real how it used to be aka The Regan Era.

Now, I don't now how true what they tell me is but, I don't see why they would lie about it and we've been neighbors long before Trump got elected.

+3   

4 months ago '07        #19
 young_fletch said
Who Is King of Florida? Tensions Rise Between Trump and a Former Acolyte

For months, former President Donald Trump has been grumbling quietly to friends and visitors to his Palm Beach mansion about a rival Republican power center in another Florida mansion, some 400 miles to the north.

Gov. Ron DeSantis, a man Trump believes he put on the map, has been acting far less like an acolyte and more like a future competitor, Trump complains.

With his stock rising fast in the party, the governor has conspicuously refrained from saying he would stand aside if Trump runs for the Republican nomination for president in 2024.

“The magic words,” Trump has said to several a*sociates and advisers.

Didn't I just mention this now it's on yahoo's front page? I didn't even see this before my comment so I was 100% correct.

lol...

+3   

4 months ago '10        #20
beast mode  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10888 10 K  Slaps total: 4775 4 K
so basically like stacey abrams didn't concede got it

4 months ago '17        #21
bxivz 
Props total: 693 693  Slaps total: 78 78
I am not surprised if every election lost by a republican is going to be challenged like a bunch of toddlers that didn't get picked for the team.

+7   

4 months ago '13        #22
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 24820 24 K  Slaps total: 8148 8 K
This is dems fault. Shouldnt have been petty after 2016. They lost

4 months ago '17        #23
ohyouwilin 
Props total: 1546 1 K  Slaps total: 649 649
 beast mode said
so basically like stacey abrams didn't concede got it
You can't stop sucking d*ck can you
+6   

4 months ago '10        #24
IITHUNDABR3ADII 
Props total: 6978 6 K  Slaps total: 2114 2 K
 Broseph Stalin said
been telling y’all Trump ended democracy for good. From now til the end of time nobody who ever loses an election ever has to concede. You can stall for weeks months maybe even years off that election conspiracy wave.

Don’t know if Dade county is the right place but I definitely see this happening in some other part of Florida and the losing republican gets to stay in office because the local sheriff or whatever is a Trump cronie
Right? Its really sad when leaders like Donald Trump, Hilary Clinton, and Stacy Abrams push election fraud lies. Its never going to end.

4 months ago '11        #25
SomeOnesoN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 20979 20 K  Slaps total: 3048 3 K
 shady4180 said
Because Joe Biden and the rest of the idiotic left are some of the smartest people this world knows....
“Professor Kelley told me 100 times over three decades that ‘Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had,'” DiPrima wrote for the Daily Kos.

“I remember his emphasis and inflection — it went like this — ‘Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had’
What was that? Biden graduated from Syracuse University of Law. AOC was a C-Laude graduate from Boston University.

Lauren Boebert, one of the infamous right wing trumper representative's had to take her GED exam twice and failed both times. I've heard she failed the 3rd time, but they have it to her out of compassion, but...

;
Quit making yourself look like an idiot on here.
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  26
Image(s) inside Jamaican beef patty ever made you speak a new language?
82 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+37online now  19
Image(s) inside Where did you start?
192 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
+49online now  9
“CP what’s up old a*s n*gga”
28 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-22online now  7
Article inside Have you ever come in physical contact with a famous rapper?
168 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy