Treach Talks Resurfaced Rapper Report Cards After Scoring Higher Than JAY-Z, Nas, Redman

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
50 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '18        #1
2088 page views
30 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x147
Props total: 178030 178 K  Slaps total: 6922 6 K
Treach Talks Resurfaced Rapper Report Cards After Scoring Higher Than JAY-Z, Nas, Redman

"EXCLUSIVE – Kool Moe Dee was a trending Twitter topic last week when his old “Rapper Report Cards” resurfaced online, sparking a spirited Hip Hop debate in the process. The Treacherous Three legend implemented a traditional grading system using A, B, C, D or F based on vocabulary, articulation, creativity, originality, versatility, voice, records, stage presence, sticking to themes and innovating rhymes.

In the first iteration of the card, Melle Mel, Grandmaster Caz and Kool Moe Dee were the only three MCs to get a perfect grade, while in the second, The Fugees’ Lauryn Hill, Busta Rhymes, Naughty By Nature’s Treach, Method Man, Biggie, 2Pac and Mystikal all received As or A+s.

In a recent interview with HipHopDX, Treach talked about how honored he was to receive such a high mark from one of Hip Hop’s pioneers. In fact, he would’ve accepted any grade from Kool Moe Dee due to his own rap pedigree.

“First of all, it’s an honor,” Treach tells DX. “Kool Moe Dee is past legendary — he’s an icon. And he’s one of, in his era, was known as one of the most fiercest battle rappers out there. Nobody wanted any problems with him until LL [COOL J] came, and then they had their back and forth battle, which was one of the greatest Hip Hop battles of all time.

“So hearing that from Moe Dee, who is in the Hip Hop world … you have to know, it’s different type of rappers. These are lyricists. So when he grades anybody on something, if he would’ve gave me a ‘D’ I would’ve had to accept it because it’s from one of my legends, one of my rappers I looked up to totally. So to hear that from him is humbling, it is honorable. And it just proves to me that I did something right in the Hip Hop game.”

Of course, Treach is a legend in his own right and has often been described as “your favorite rapper’s favorite rapper.” In 2020, Eminem added Treach to his list just a day before his 50th birthday, while referencing the Naughty By Nature’s single “Craziest” from 1995’s Poverty’s Paradise.

“Happy b day 2 @triggertreach,” he tweeted at the time. “1 of the greatest rappers of all time!!..I’m still tryin 2 catch up 2 the greatness of the last vs on ‘Craziest.’”

Eminem has expressed his admiration for Treach numerous times in the past. During an interview with KXNG Crooked, Slim Shady claimed he wanted to quit rapping after hearing Treach “rhyme his a*s off” on the track “Yoke The Joker” from Naughty By Nature’s 1991 self-titled album.

“He was getting on every fu*king song and smoking everybody,” he told Crooked. “When I heard ‘Yoke the Joker’ my heart sank. My heart sank, ’cause I was like, I’ll never be the same as good. I might as well quit. I didn’t write a rhyme for the entire summer.”

Treach stars in the upcoming Lifetime film Vanished: Searching For My Sister, which premieres on Saturday (January 22). Check back with HipHopDX later in the week for Part II of the Treach interview in which he’ll discuss the film, his first movie role and more."

visit this link https://hiphopdx.com/news .. d-to-accept-it
+11   

best
worst
30 comments

4 months ago '16        #2
144  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31504 31 K  Slaps total: 43680 43 K
There have to have been hundreds or thousands of those report cards. I think it was The Source but may have been another magazine, or multiple. I probably have some issues with them stashed away somewhere.

Wonder why everybody is focusing just on the Kool Moe Dee ratings when so many people filled those out back then.
+7   

4 months ago '07        #3
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x148
Props total: 296644 296 K  Slaps total: 26395 26 K

@

+6   

4 months ago '17        #4
Props total: 28146 28 K  Slaps total: 7837 7 K
Not all grown men are wise.

4 months ago '17        #5
C0Nditioner  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32389 32 K  Slaps total: 4343 4 K
 2007 said
Not all grown men are wise.
I read that and thought, bendova:

4 months ago '20        #6
CopyCat 
Props total: 14270 14 K  Slaps total: 1287 1 K
Shout out to Marshall Mathers for being a real one and for acknowledging Treach.
Detroit's Goat
+5   

4 months ago '16        #7
Scully  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 24675 24 K  Slaps total: 13157 13 K

4 months ago '04        #8
badboy600  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10127 10 K  Slaps total: 1194 1 K
Treach was incredible on Naughty 1st album. He was always good but he definitely peaked early

4 months ago '04        #9
100mil 
Props total: 236 236  Slaps total: 43 43
Treach is top tier MC.

+3   

4 months ago '11        #10
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 86351 86 K  Slaps total: 15030 15 K
Treach is nice dude can rap

there is a song couple years back called Gotta

dude went in i was like this n*gga still got it

4 months ago '17        #11
GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x65
Props total: 68555 68 K  Slaps total: 8641 8 K
 Scully said

He’s like a rapper from your generation…only a million times more talented and well respected.
+7   

4 months ago '13        #12
Commission  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 112038 112 K  Slaps total: 18682 18 K
I ain’t no joke

Rakim >>>>>

4 months ago '11        #13
kevin boogz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 36713 36 K  Slaps total: 1855 1 K
 Avon_Barksdale said

@

someone made a thread about treach few months ago and i said the same thing
been saying funny thing is he got better with age
+2   

4 months ago '14        #14
BigJino  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 1676 1 K  Slaps total: 171 171
Kool Moe Dee vocabulary better than Rakim?
+2   

4 months ago '11        #15
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 58642 58 K  Slaps total: 6051 6 K
 badboy600 said
Treach was incredible on Naughty 1st album. He was always good but he definitely peaked early
a few things kinda stunted Naughty... personal and creative differences with Kay-Gee down the line, after a certain point they were pegged as "Anthem" artists, and definitely delivered with the singles, and also can be considered Pioneers of the current Hip-Hop festival scene as they were damn near MTV "Spring Break" staples at one point, among other similar type events...

Also factor in, Pac's death kinda sent Treach into a personal Hiatus for good reason, them two was like brothers and any time Pac was in Jersey, he'd frequent East Orange and Lower Montclair, well because Yak is his blood relative, and Fatal was running rampant robbing n*ggas at random thru both cities, my encounters with him were cool.

kinda funny one day, i forget which kinda Red SUV he had at the time, but he pulled up on me while it was word in the hood he was out on a robbing spree, slippin while i was going to the chicken shack rockin two bandannas to match a jersey i was rockin, a red one and yellow one.

first thing i thought was "come on B, im bout to get robbed by a rap n*gga", but he just wanted to know where i got the Maurice Malone(wow) "Brick City Thugs" Football Jersey from... i told him, he replied "good looking homie" threw up two fingers, nodded at each other and he pulled off, i ordered my grub, lol!

edit: oh sh*t i found the jersey, lol

Last edited by Sinamatik CFR; 01-17-2022 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: oh shit, i found the Jersey...
+8   

4 months ago '20        #16
Beatz 
Props total: 1688 1 K  Slaps total: 145 145

4 months ago '18        #17
Dehone 
Props total: 75363 75 K  Slaps total: 3677 3 K
Mo Dee in My top 10 for the treacherous three and busy busy battle alone

+1   

4 months ago '08        #18
Saitoh Kaiba 
Props total: 6851 6 K  Slaps total: 492 492
 100mil said
Treach is top tier MC.

Jamboree not being on here is crazy. Boy was k*lling that track.
+2   

4 months ago '17        #19
FashCashVasquez  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 21311 21 K  Slaps total: 11873 11 K
Master P is laughing at Kool moe D money

4 months ago '20        #20
Ecnarongi 
Props total: 6623 6 K  Slaps total: 312 312

Yo this was my sh*t.
+1   

4 months ago '17        #21
FashCashVasquez  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 21311 21 K  Slaps total: 11873 11 K
Andre 3000 and Loaded lux
Have slickest world play of any rappers i heard

DMX is greatest poet in hip hop

Overall Pac best artist
+4   

4 months ago '04        #22
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 55440 55 K  Slaps total: 4008 4 K
Yoke the joker was that work
+2   

4 months ago '04        #23
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 55440 55 K  Slaps total: 4008 4 K
 144000 said
There have to have been hundreds or thousands of those report cards. I think it was The Source but may have been another magazine, or multiple. I probably have some issues with them stashed away somewhere.

Wonder why everybody is focusing just on the Kool Moe Dee ratings when so many people filled those out back then.
Cause Moe Dee did it first and if you were there you know the impact it had at the time.. I have every source mag from the first time chuck d was on the cover til the got corny and I have every xxl til they got corny..
+1   

4 months ago '16        #24
144  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31504 31 K  Slaps total: 43680 43 K
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Cause Moe Dee did it first and if you were there you know the impact it had at the time.. I have every source mag from the first time chuck d was on the cover til the got corny and I have every xxl til they got corny..
Okay, I didn't know he supposedly did it first. I just remember them being common.

4 months ago '16        #25
aquisite04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 18068 18 K  Slaps total: 1958 1 K
Every era is different...everybody don't wannna be the lyrical miracle critical rapper that uses profound words and eloquent structures. I can enjoy Soulja slim and andre 3000 at the same time...sometimes simpler is better and sometimes wordplay is better

Everybody has their thing...ppl wasn't trying hear all that barking and growling from dmx but i fu*ked with it. I wasnt fu*king with MF Doom but others did..nobody cares about no damn rap report card...keep that in the 80s.

Rakim was one of the greatest ever and had almost the total package yet mfs wasn't feeling him when the mid 90s hit. You can like both ODB & Souls of mischief
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  19
Did Marcus Jordan Sell his “Sole” in Backdoor Sneaker Scandal?
128 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  11
Article inside 'Predator' Spyware Let Government Hackers Break Into Chrome and Andro..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside What's up with these n*ggas bringing batty riders back into style.
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+46online now  6
Horror film based off Winnie the Pooh in the works; Winnie the Pooh: Blood & H..
127 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy