Ray Charles was not impressed by Elvis Presley

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

4 months ago '20        #1
3420 page views
82 comments

Ascension  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x57
Props total: 18585 18 K  Slaps total: 3524 3 K
Ray Charles was not impressed by Elvis Presley

+100   

best
worst
82 comments

4 months ago '04        #2
qutaboi225  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 57890 57 K  Slaps total: 6962 6 K
How could he be? He "watched" Elvis steal every song and dance move from black artist up and down the Mississippi delta
+97   

4 months ago '21        #3
TheIronyIsThat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14870 14 K  Slaps total: 2102 2 K
Just like Eminem:

Elvis was doing Black music. White people called Rock "Devil's music" when it was just Black people. And by "Devil" I mean mostly the N word music.

That's how much American white people brainwashed themselves. So they stole it

Same thing with rap. How many Eminem fans have you come across:

"I don't really listen to hip-hop but I like Eminem because he's different."

White Americans don't have a culture.

I take that back.

They have a culture.

It's just filled with the most evil sh*t humanity has ever seen.

Last edited by TheIronyIsThat; 01-17-2022 at 04:49 AM..
+103   

4 months ago '20        #4
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 34109 34 K  Slaps total: 8558 8 K
Black artists are the standard, have been the standard, and continue to be the standard in which EVERYONE is measured against. So when a Yt artist "copies" or "samples", it will always be mediocre in comparison.

Ray is partially right. Very mediocre and he benefited from being Yt. The only thing that throws me off - other legends like Little Richard, Al Green, and Jackie Wilson fu*ked with Elvis because they thought he took Black music to the pop charts and pretty much integrated it with Yt people.
+21   

4 months ago '18        #5
Sandyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 62960 62 K  Slaps total: 11862 11 K
 TheIronyIsThat said
Just like Eminem:

Elvis was doing Black music. White people called Rock "Devil's music" when it was just Black people.

I take that back.

They have a culture.

white people spent yrs saying cringe sh*t like "music like candy, throwaway the rapper and keep the rock" then out of nowhere it was "only rapper I listen to is Eminem - but he the goat" "every rapper besides eminem only talk about money and drugs"
+29   

4 months ago '21        #6
TheIronyIsThat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14870 14 K  Slaps total: 2102 2 K
 Sandyy said
white people spent yrs saying cringe sh*t like "music like candy, throwaway the rapper and keep the rock" then out of nowhere it was "only rapper I listen to is Eminem - but he the goat" "every rapper besides eminem only talk about money and drugs"
They were busy making Pedophile sh*t like this:

+33   

4 months ago '12        #7
daman729 
Props total: 98094 98 K  Slaps total: 4029 4 K
Look up Otis Blackwell

Elvis' success and prosperity came from black people. Black people carried white folks for years and still do. They don't like to admit it though.
+41   

4 months ago '20        #8
 qutaboi225 said
How could he be? He "watched" Elvis steal every song and dance move from black artist up and down the Mississippi delta
Y'all do the SAME sh*t with Mariah Carey, though. So spare us the drivel.

n*ggas on this site will sing Mariah's praises and talk about how much she did for hip hop, and took hip hop/r&b mainstream, etc, etc, etc...neglecting the fact that her skin complexion and the fact that she looks Yt, benefited her.

n*ggas on this site have literally shat on Mary J. Blige, in defense of the Yt looking biracial woman Mariah (IDGAF that her father is Afro-venezuelan...she looks JUST like her Yt mother), when it comes to hip hop...knowing damn well Mary was the TRUE pioneer of that sh*t.

Top 10 most propped recently  4 months ago '15        #9
6Fraud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 83857 83 K  Slaps total: 29304 29 K
My homie grandad used to write for elvis.. crazy small world.

David bartholomew his grandpa
+13   

4 months ago '21        #10
Paw paw 
Props total: 1614 1 K  Slaps total: 329 329
 TheIronyIsThat said

I had someone tell me they don't like Hip-Hop it gives the wrong message but they dig Eminem.

The hypocrisy is so deep.

But there is a lot of real white artisans. I seen a Jacka performance and it was mainly white folk.

There is hype beasts of all races. I talked to some white professionals who know their music. They are usually quiet until they know if you typical or not.

I been to a studio and dude thought I was dumb so he was hitting me with all kind of hip hop jargon to the point I was offended. He was mastering my music but taking like 3 hours for instrumentals with the stems and like 3 channels each.

But I been to other studios when they see you have knowledge of music they open up. Shout to Dinero.
+5   

4 months ago '18        #11
Passport  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4243 4 K  Slaps total: 1269 1 K
 MrDarkCloud said
Y'all do the SAME sh*t with Mariah Carey, though. So spare us the drivel.

n*ggas on this site will sing Mariah's praises and talk about how much she did for hip hop, and took hip hop/r&b mainstream, etc, etc, etc...neglecting the fact that her skin complexion and the fact that she looks Yt, benefited her.

n*ggas on this site have literally shat on Mary J. Blige, in defense of the Yt looking biracial woman Mariah (IDGAF that her father is Afro-venezuelan...she looks JUST like her Yt mother), when it comes to hip hop...knowing damn well Mary was the TRUE pioneer of that sh*t.
Post is all lies. Nobody sh*tS on Mary J in favor of Mariah, they just have a civilized discussion on who was the one to make rap features popular. You talking out your a*s now. And even then, most of the time people say Mary J was more influential with rap features than Mariah was

Mariah is also Half Black in case you forgot and she isnt a culture vulture either. She has always shown respect for rap, r and b, soul, even gospel music
+23   

4 months ago '16        #12
MrNobody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19357 19 K  Slaps total: 5979 5 K
I don’t think Elvis was that bad. He ain’t the king of nothing but he got a couple joints like Justin Bieber.

How Ray feels about Elvis is how I feel about the Beatles. That is the pinnacle of boring music. Not bad, but not nearly as interesting as their uppity fans make it out to be.

Backstreet Boys and N sync made better music than the Beatles. Not even to mention Radiohead and Nirvana. The Beatles just made weird ppl brave. They didn’t make any music with any staying power outside of what weird ppl like to force into films and ads.
+13   

4 months ago '16        #13
Forza Nocta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 50333 50 K  Slaps total: 11682 11 K
It's a Sunday morning in January 2022. Elvis has been dead for almost 50 years. Let it go.

4 months ago '20        #14
 Passport said
Post is all lies. Nobody sh*tS on Mary J in favor of Mariah, they just have a civilized discussion on who was the one to make rap features popular. You talking out your a*s now. And even then, most of the time people say Mary J was more influential with rap features than Mariah was

Mariah is also Half Black in case you forgot and she isnt a culture vulture either. She has always shown respect for rap, r and b, soul, even gospel music
n*gga please. n*ggas on this site have definitely shat on Mary in defense of Mariah. Not in general, tho. It's mostly when talking about her in comparison with Mariah.

Y'all love Yt people, and Yt looking people. I know Mariah is mixed. I said it in my post. IDGAF, though. The bi*ch looks Yt. She looks JUST like her Yt mother.

Mariah is the modern day Elvis. Face it. I know you're a Mariah stan and can't accept the facts.

4 months ago '21        #15
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 24752 24 K  Slaps total: 3571 3 K
 qutaboi225 said

+12   

4 months ago '21        #16
 TheIronyIsThat said
Just like Eminem:

Elvis was doing Black music. White people called Rock "Devil's music" when it was just Black people.

I take that back.

They have a culture.

em is different from Elvis, I can't say that em ever plagiarized anyone
+4   

4 months ago '20        #17
 nocomment said
em is different from Elvis, I can't say that em ever plagiarized anyone
Eminem is actually worse than Elvis.

Eminem has actually shat on Black people, used the N word, and made an entire song disparaging and sh*tting on Black women.

I don't think Elvis has ever done that.

That famous quote where he supposedly said "The only thing a Black person can do is shine my shoes" has not been authenticated.

Eminem is worse, bro.
+5   

4 months ago '21        #18
I am awake 
Props total: 7515 7 K  Slaps total: 2101 2 K
victim jerking thread.

4 months ago '21        #19
 TheIronyIsThat said

this is cringe
+5   

4 months ago '10        #20
beast mode  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10888 10 K  Slaps total: 4776 4 K
elvis a legend but im not surprised ray wasn't impressed. ray is on the short list of icons
+4   

4 months ago '16        #21
Toast2the  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 59263 59 K  Slaps total: 8761 8 K
 MrDarkCloud said
n*gga please. n*ggas on this site have definitely shat on Mary in defense of Mariah. Not in general, tho. It's mostly when talking about her in comparison with Mariah.
The day you weirdos understand that this site doesn’t represent the real outside world you will be much better off in life
+10   

4 months ago '14        #22
TheMonument 
Props total: 5884 5 K  Slaps total: 724 724
 TheIronyIsThat said

Yooo that sh*t looking like E**tien's Plane, the Pizza express or whatever.

+2   

4 months ago '20        #23
 Toast2the said
The day you weirdos understand that this site doesn’t represent the real outside world you will be much better off in life
Thank you for this reminder, dumbass.

I never said it represented the real world. I was making a connection with how this website treats Mariah Carey in relation to this discussion about Elvis, when the circumstances are similar. It's the hypocrisy for me.

Mariah is "loved' on this site because of her supposed impact on hip hop - her complexion helped her cross over and get credit for something BLACK artists had already been doing, like Mary. It's the same sh*t.

But thank you...for nothing.

Last edited by MrDarkCloud; 01-16-2022 at 11:45 AM..

4 months ago '15        #24
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 33622 33 K  Slaps total: 9826 9 K
 MrDarkCloud said
Black artists are the standard, have been the standard, and continue to be the standard in which EVERYONE is measured against. So when a Yt artist "copies" or "samples", it will always be mediocre in comparison.

Ray is partially right. Very mediocre and he benefited from being Yt. The only thing that throws me off - other legends like Little Richard, Al Green, and Jackie Wilson fu*ked with Elvis because they thought he took Black music to the pop charts and pretty much integrated it with Yt people.
Had Elvis embraced black people more, Ray and others blacks woulda accepted the sh*t. Eminem embraced the fu*k outta black artists so it's a big difference... Btw, this happened to Boys 2 Men and the Boy Bands like NSync, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, etc.
+4   

4 months ago '20        #25
 AmillionMo said
Had Elvis embraced black people more, Ray and others blacks woulda accepted the sh*t. Eminem embraced the fu*k outta black artists so it's a big difference... Btw, this happened to Boys 2 Men and the Boy Bands like NSync, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, etc.
Eminem embraced Black artists but made a song saying "Black girls only want your money because they're dumb chicks."

And apparently, he never had a Black GF

Explain.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+39online now  18
Image(s) inside Where did you start?
205 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
+59online now  17
Image(s) inside GEM Alert: u can get tiny home from Home Depot for $200 per month and ..
98 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+40online now  10
Article inside Martin Reunion Premieres June 16th!
70 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+66online now  10
Video inside May 26 - 10 YEAR OLD UVALDE WITNESS POLICE GOT CLASSMATE k*llED
301 comments
18 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy