Jan 15 - One America "News" Disinformation Channel Gets Dropped

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 months ago '04        #1
2645 page views
120 comments

gh3tto 
Props total: 53999 53 K  Slaps total: 14482 14 K
Jan 15 - One America "News" Disinformation Channel Gets Dropped

DirecTV loss could cripple rightwing One America News

WASHINGTON, Jan 15 (Reuters) - The largest satellite provider in the United States said late Friday it will drop One America News, a move that could financially cripple the rightwing TV network known for fueling conspiracy theories about the 2020 election.

The announcement by DirecTV, which is 70% owned by AT&T, comes three months after a Reuters investigation revealed that OAN’s founder testified that AT&T inspired him to create the network. Court testimony also showed that OAN receives nearly all of its revenue from DirecTV.

The Reuters report drew calls from some liberal groups for AT&T and DirecTV to drop OAN, a favorite of former President Donald Trump, because the network has become a key source of false claims about the election and COVID vaccinations.

On Thursday, President Joe Biden said COVID conspiracy theories are putting lives at risk. “I make a special appeal to social media companies and media outlets: Please deal with the misinformation and disinformation that’s on your shows,” Biden said. “It has to stop.”

OAN is owned by San Diego-based Herring Networks, a family of conservative tech entrepreneurs. CEO Robert Herring Sr did not respond to requests for comment by email and phone. In an interview with Reuters last year, he said his network provided an important voice. “If I think I’m right, I just go for it,” he said.

DirecTV, with approximately 15 million subscribers, is by far OAN’s largest carrier. According to testimony by OAN’s accountant reviewed by Reuters, DirecTV provided 90% of the conservative network’s revenue.

“We informed Herring Networks that, following a routine internal review, we do not plan to enter into a new contract when our current agreement expires,” DirecTV said in a statement.

The OAN-DirecTV contract is set to expire in the next several months. DirecTV began airing OAN in April 2017, a deal that began shortly after OAN and AT&T settled a lawsuit over alleged oral promises during negotiations.

On Twitter, some conservatives expressed outrage that DirecTV and AT&T planned to drop OAN. “Corporate Media is crushing what little dissent remains,” tweeted former Fox News host Lou Dobbs.

The pro-Trump right, however, has powerful outlets on television and online, including Fox News, the conservative cable news outlet founded by Rupert Murdoch.

Liberals cheered the news. NAACP President Derrick Johnson called it “a victory for us and the future of democracy.” In a statement, Johnson added: “At a time when we are seeing our rights infringed upon, OAN only seeks to create further division. … We must continually choose truth over lies and common sense over hysteria.”

The news also follows a lawsuit filed on December 23 by two Georgia election workers who accused OAN and Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani of spreading false vote-rigging claims about them in the aftermath of the 2020 presidential election. The claims were debunked by state authorities. OAN has denied it has done anything wrong.

DirecTV did not elaborate on why it planned to drop OAN. Earlier, an AT&T spokesman said the company airs “many news channels that offer viewpoints across the political spectrum.”

The Reuters investigative report in October cited sworn statements in which OAN’s founder and his son testified that the inspiration for the conservative network came from AT&T executives.

“They told us they wanted a conservative network,” the elder Herring said during a 2019 deposition. “They only had one, which was Fox News, and they had seven others on the other [leftwing] side. When they said that, I jumped to it and built one.”

During a 2020 court proceeding, a transcript shows, an OAN lawyer told the court, “If Herring Networks, for instance, was to lose or not be renewed on DirecTV, the company would go out of business tomorrow.”

visit this link https://www.reuters.com/b .. ws-2022-01-15/

yet another example that of freedom of speech is NOT freedom from consequences

its too late for these reich wing liars, you owe billions for those lies now

+15   

best
worst
120 comments

4 months ago '07        #2
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x79
Props total: 113206 113 K  Slaps total: 15468 15 K
i wonder what they were talking about

+43   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '05        #3
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 59757 59 K  Slaps total: 19991 19 K
Idiots like @ really thinks he's an athlete on a team scoring points on a board that doesn't even exist.

You've been played, kid.

+15   

4 months ago '04        #4
gh3tto  OP
 4REAL said
Idiots like @ really thinks he's an athlete on a team scoring points on a board that doesn't even exist.

You've been played, kid.

i dont watch cable news you corny magat bi*ch

youre not taken seriously, youre just a retarded banned f*g**t with 10 aliases

+14   

4 months ago '04        #5
gh3tto  OP
 yola said

tinfoilers get their medical advice from podcasters and youtubers

4 months ago '12        #6
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 202468 202 K  Slaps total: 11736 11 K
 yola said

I learned this sh*t in 1st grade, its cause it comes from Hamburg Germany.

Its also an old joke about where "beating your meat" came from linked to it cause they used to put the beef they'd shred to make burgers under their saddles so when the horse galloped it'd "Beat the meat" and get it tender

Joe Rogan out here saying anything and getting free money for it. We are all in the wrong line of work
+8   

4 months ago '04        #7
gh3tto  OP
 OldBusiness said

Joe Rogan out here saying anything and getting free money for it. We are all in the wrong line of work

that tweet is satire of this slow rogan interview

+14   

4 months ago '19        #8
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 36287 36 K  Slaps total: 4530 4 K
 gh3tto said

To be fair, Rogan also got some of the most powerful medical treatments there are that are referred to like the holy Trinity of treatment in medicine, but his fans ignore that part
+6   

4 months ago '04        #9
gh3tto  OP
 zzxxccvvbb said
To be fair, Rogan also got some of the most powerful medical treatments there are that are referred to like the holy Trinity of treatment in medicine, but his fans ignore that part
yeah in complete hypocrisy he takes monoclonal antibodies with the kitchen sink ..including horse paste

sh*t hits different when you arent actually sure of that bullsh*t you spewed

low iq antivaxxers should stay home instead of over burdening our hospitals

4 months ago '11        #10
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 184043 184 K  Slaps total: 24808 24 K
Thank god, i can’t stand when my coworker puts that on the TV
+9   

4 months ago '04        #11
gh3tto  OP
 yola said

slow rogan just got dunked on by a tv personality imagine if he tried to debate an actual doctor

slow rogan said
If anyone was going to make me look dumb on the podcast I’m glad it’s Josh Zepps,” Rogan tweeted after the episode aired, “because I love him, and he’s awesome.”

Obviously I have no idea what is right, but the article I posted was what I was referring to. I’m sure I’ll stumble again in the future, but I honestly do my best to get things correct.”

slow rogan is far too dumb for that

Last edited by gh3tto; 01-15-2022 at 02:04 PM..

4 months ago '04        #12
gh3tto  OP
 GUCCI C0ND0MS said
Oh look, bi*ch a*s @ is cheering on censorship and the suppression of political ideologies that differ from his again.
i hope you tivo'd all the trump propaganda bi*ch

that garbage channel is going in the dumpster and your obese cult leader is never getting his twitter back

+12   

4 months ago '05        #13
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 21211 21 K  Slaps total: 7285 7 K
 GUCCI C0ND0MS said
Oh look, bi*ch a*s @ is cheering on censorship and the suppression of political ideologies that differ from his again.
dude is another pos.

4 months ago '04        #14
gh3tto  OP
disinformation ministers are in shambles

this is the future for you liars
find another cesspool to spread lies

+8   

4 months ago '10        #15
JKO 
Props total: 9632 9 K  Slaps total: 274 274
Wonder when they gonna pull it.?

I got DTV and OAN is still on.

Surprised they ain’t gone after newsmax yet.
+5   

4 months ago '04        #16
gh3tto  OP
 JKO said
Wonder when they gonna pull it.?

I got DTV and OAN is still on.

Surprised they ain’t gone after newsmax yet.
the article says in a few months

The OAN-DirecTV contract is set to expire in the next several months.
bloomberg says the contract ends in april

DirecTV’s contract with Herring Networks expires in early April, according to a person familiar with the matter. Herring Networks didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

4 months ago '07        #17
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x79
Props total: 113206 113 K  Slaps total: 15468 15 K
 OldBusiness said
I learned this sh*t in 1st grade, its cause it comes from Hamburg Germany.
dude, in 2000, i was in the back alleys of Leeds, England after a concert, buzzed up, amped up and hungry as fu*k at like 2am, whole area is live, go in the this dive place, see em servin up "hamburgers", dude's like whaddyawant? i say hamburger

"we don't serve ham!" with the face

and goes back to fu*kin with the grill

about 30 seconds later, he gives me another chance

"uhh, can i get a beef? burger?"

his whole demeanor changes quick

"sure thing mate!"

i kept getting stung on the bathroom too, they call it a toilet unless you're actually going to be in a room with a tub, muhfu*kaz would deadpan me after asking where the bathroom was "sorry mate, we don't take baths here"
+9   

4 months ago '20        #18
cutedrakestan 
Props total: 5570 5 K  Slaps total: 5994 5 K
 gh3tto said

I don’t take supplements at all

But you take advice from big pharma sponsored news networks
+1   

4 months ago '07        #19
Ham Rove  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 51989 51 K  Slaps total: 2863 2 K
Direct Tv not renewing their contract is literally censorship. so much for the 1st amendment

MAGATS are so fu*king stupid
+9   

4 months ago '10        #20
PrinceDeville25 
Props total: 1629 1 K  Slaps total: 268 268
Good. They need to be held accountable for lying

4 months ago '18        #21
antisocial100 
Props total: 22006 22 K  Slaps total: 6034 6 K
This is where that Tehuti infiltrator gets his news from. 2021 a*s n*gga made an account just to spread covid misinformation

Last edited by antisocial100; 01-15-2022 at 05:47 PM..
+4   

4 months ago '21        #22
Monstrosity 
Props total: 4151 4 K  Slaps total: 606 606
 4REAL said

You've been played, kid.

Just saw something about a dude name Ken Griffin talking about how bad the misinformation "era" is(as if this nation wasn't founded and built on misinformation), and come to find out dude is primary financier of some misinformation sit popular amongst the crazies.

Can't find the clip. He probably had it scrubbed from YouTube.

4 months ago '19        #23
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 36287 36 K  Slaps total: 4530 4 K
 Legacy22 said
You are ignoring the part where you just admitted that there is an alternative way to treat covid.

They even saved Trumps life and he is nowhere near healthy.

Now lets ignore the fact that we could easily have just treated the sick from the beginning and avoided this whole shutdown and ruining of lives and businesses.

Now let's ignore the fact that they say only vaccines can get us out of this and you will die without one. ... unless you get the treatment that we don't want to give people
You should look at the cost of those treatments...

They make antivirals look cheap.

4 months ago '04        #24
gh3tto  OP
 Legacy22 said
You are ignoring the part where you just admitted that there is an alternative way to treat covid.

They even saved Trumps life and he is nowhere near healthy.

Now lets ignore the fact that we could easily have just treated the sick from the beginning and avoided this whole shutdown and ruining of lives and businesses.

Now let's ignore the fact that they say only vaccines can get us out of this and you will die without one. ... unless you get the treatment that we don't want to give people
that fat bastard had a team of the best doctors on earth

monoclonal antibodies werent available till a year into the pandemic

nobody listens to you high school dropouts when it comes to complex sh*t like this ..thats why youre ignored

4 months ago '17        #25
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 222663 222 K  Slaps total: 17692 17 K
 Sin said
Thank god, i can’t stand when my coworker puts that on the TV
I'd cut the power cord if they put that in at work just so it wouldn't happen again.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside Joe Budden Teases Interview With Isaiah Rashad Speaking On His SeCs Tap..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+17online now  9
Eminem - The Eminem Show Expanded Edition Anticipation Thread
78 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+25online now  7
Video inside One of J Prince people got smoked playing with Youngboy